Returning characters you DON'T want to see

Fire Emblem Fan

3 hours ago, genesis said:

Lilina. Overhyped character as fuck with no reason at all. Some people want her to be a lord and I'm '???' why? 

It's so annoying. 

Lilina is the textbook definition of riding on someone’s coattails. In her case, she rides on both Hector and Roy’s coattails.

Ike, though he's *basically* confirmed. I think Byleth was on the mural too? I usually skip that part when I'm rewatching the trailer as I focus more on gameplay analysis.

Outside of that...The only characters I personally don't want to see are anyone else related to 3H as it was the most recent game up until now. I'd actually like any potential characters added that weren't on the mural to not be main characters, and instead more of the important (whether popular or not) characters that didn't have the lead role

Ike as well, though he's confirmed. Considering how they wrote him in Fates, and how the only recent example of them writing him again is Heroes which tends to be middling to boring, I don't trust them to do him well. And even if they did, he's not really interesting to have as a peripheral part of a big cast who will say two lines occasionally or when everyone else does it - he's serious, to the point, and not much of a talker, so there's a risk he's just going to end up sounding boring unless they let him get some sarcasm in.

5 hours ago, Kori said:

he's serious, to the point, and not much of a talker, so there's a risk he's just going to end up sounding boring unless they let him get some sarcasm in.

So you want Path of Radiance Ike? I do too, for the record.

Otherwise, I'll just echo what everyone else said: I don't want any fanservice or meme characters to get in, though I assume the Emblems will be restricted to just Lords, whether as hidden unlocks or as DLC (well-priced or free DLC, Iof course).

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

So you want Path of Radiance Ike? I do too, for the record.

Otherwise, I'll just echo what everyone else said: I don't want any fanservice or meme characters to get in, though I assume the Emblems will be restricted to just Lords, whether as hidden unlocks or as DLC (well-priced or free DLC, Iof course).

I wasn't really thinking of it that way, but now that you mention it, yes. Here's hoping, Micaiah is there for the RD representation, after all.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 5:31 PM, GrandeRampel said:

There is no character I actively hate but I would be miffed if some random character I don't have a real opinion about gets in for no real reason.

Like if all the Emblems are main characters and REALLY popular characters (I'm thinking the likes of Felix and Tharja) AND a random Rickard for no reason I would be pissed.

"If they added a random unpopular character couldn't it have been one that I personally like?" would be my reaction.

Hey, Rickard’s only fan has something to say about that! I was thrilled to see him added to Heroes as a seasonal earlier this year. He’s one of my favorite Archanea characters, and seeing him in Engage would be an amazing surprise.

Is this topic about characters you don’t want to see period or ones you don’t want to see that are actually likely to be added? For example, I can’t see Nah being added to Engage, and Peri only if all the Fates retainers are added, though I would be pleasantly surprised if these two were added.

Either way, I organized mine based on likelihood.

Characters with no chance of being added:

Makalov

Characters with a small chance of being added: 

Brady, Dwyer, Forrest, Gray, Hans, Kjelle, Maribelle, Nina, Soleil, Sully, Yarne

Characters with a fair chance of being added: 

Henry, Lorenz, Niles, Saizo, Severa/Selena, Shinon, Sylvain

Characters with a very likely chance of being added:

Takumi, Yuri

Because there was another topic discussing this, I also don’t want Edelgard unless we also get Claude and Dimitri.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 9:14 PM, zuibangde said:

Lilina is the textbook definition of riding on someone’s coattails. In her case, she rides on both Hector and Roy’s coattails.

Well she never rode Roy on my playthrough. Anyway I don't get why some randoms try to insert her everywhere on Binding Blade. She is a basically no character in the game, no better than Cecilia, Sue or even Larum. 

Realistically though I can see other lords that didn't make the cut, and opposite gender avatars being added in dlcs as rings, but there will be no place for 'randoms' like Kjelle, Lilina, Malakov, Yuri and other side characters that people are mentioning. Unless IS decides to go crazy like they did with random bath dlcs on Awakening, but this would make the rings a bit pointless. 

32 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think that while Lilina's importance in FE6 is overstated, I also think she would undoubtedly be greatly increased in prominence in a remake, if not made a full co-lord. 

Yes, having the writing fleshed out would be nice. But this is speculation and hopeful thinking, and while her role can be increased, so it can be said about other characters on the game like Sue and Wilt who are in the cover, and others like Cecilia, etc. So what's the point of talking of something that may never happen as if it's a fact ? The closest to co lord is Guinivere and maybe Elffin stretching a lot. Even Merlinus has more scenes than Lilina, so it's a big wtf moment when she is brought up in such cases. It's more nonsense than the guys whining that Edelgard is not treated as the unique protagonist 

But let's hope that Lilina turns a goddess in the remake

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

While I agree that Lilina isn't as present/important in Binding Blade's story as a lot of people make her out to be, I would definitely disagree that she's just a "random." She's definitely above the level of someone like Kjelle or Makalov.

She is Hector's daughter and ruler of her country after the story ends, but not very important in the meta narrative. By that logic, Morgan or a ruler like Flavia or Fiona should be considered super important too to be a character ring or future co-lords too. 

12 hours ago, genesis said:

She is Hector's daughter and ruler of her country after the story ends, but not very important in the meta narrative. By that logic, Morgan or a ruler like Flavia or Fiona should be considered super important too to be a character ring or future co-lords too. 

Well, I'm glad that isn't what I said and that it wasn't my logic, then.

To be perfectly honest, the whole conversation around Lilina is entirely moot when IS themselves have shown that they consider Lilina to be important, to the point where even other companies making merch give her things alongside Roy (speaking specifically of the upcoming statues of Roy and Lilina from Good Smile).

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, I'm glad that isn't what I said and that it wasn't my logic, then.

To be perfectly honest, the whole conversation around Lilina is entirely moot when IS themselves have shown that they consider Lilina to be important, to the point where even other companies making merch give her things alongside Roy (speaking specifically of the upcoming statues of Roy and Lilina from Good Smile).

I think it's more  because of her popularity in Japan, because she is Hectors daughter and cute girl.