New characters concept for a Fire Emblem 9 and 10 remake

JungleGoutte01

Here are some new charactesr concept for an hypothetical remake of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

Elizabeth 

Ike's older sister. She is Zelgius' wife and the Duchess of Kadol. She doesn't know Zelgius is the Black Knight. She joins the fight against the Black Knight in Castle Nados 

Class : Paladin in game 1 and Gold Knight in game 2

Bear Laguz : Those Laguz are rare and posess tremendous strength. They have very high HP. Their blows are strong enough to push non armored units. Some have high resistance angainst wind magic

Marcin : A Bear Laguz. Can be chosen in the fight vs Ashnard in new game +

Eagle Laguz : They are a bit slower than hawks but have more strength. They are quite arrogant.

Monkey Laguz : A monkey Laguz is almost identical to a Beorc in human form. Monkey Laguz can mate freely with Beorc without consequences. They are often disregarded by other Laguz. They can use weapons (Lances for normal monkeys, and Axes for gorillas)

Wukong : The monkey king. Reveals himself as a Laguz in Serennes Forest. It is said that he was Ashera's favorite. His weapon can attack up to 3 squares.

let me know what you think 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely do not think they're going to add an older sister for Ike (I don't picture she would have to fight Ike as a her own blood sibling and fights for the Black Knight due to being murdering Greil, her own father), I picture that would get into a sibling version of the Berkut-like territory for Ike and also, I don't picture IS is going to add any other Laguz tribes outside of the Cats, Wolves, Dragons, and Birds in Tellius. I do like the concept of the Eagle Laguz.

Also, I did made some ideas of adding Remake characters in the Tellius Remakes years ago. But I do like to see limited a few new characters in the Tellius remakes.

• A new member of the Greil Mercenaries (either introduced in the Path of Radiance or introduced in Radant Dawn remake) - I do like to see Ike getting a new member added in the Radiant Dawn remake since he hadn't recruited a single new member after the Mad King's War ended in Radiant Dawn.
  • A new member in the Dawn Brigade.
  • A Crimea Villager got his/her hometown destroyed by Bandits or Daein Soldiers. (similar to like Mozu was handled in Fates)
  • Brigand member (w/Brigand class) that is recruitable.
  • Few new ones in a Gaiden/Paralogue Chapters since the Tellius games did lacked a single Gaiden/Paralogue Chapter.
  • Daein Soldier or Commander that have a hatred for Petrine treating her own soldiers coldly.
  • Maybe a Knight of the Begnion Empire becomes an ally of Ike for FE9 Remake and then one of Begnion Senators like Lekain, Valtome, or someone else had to force the Ally to join the Disciples of Order fighting against Sanaki or Ike and later becomes an ally to the army again in the FE10 Remake.
  • A Crimean Royal Knight that was replaced Titania after she left years ago.
Edited by King Marth 64

I think that this is a bit putting the cart before the horse.  If there was a FE9/10 remake, I'd probably want to figure out what the goal / mood / ideas of the remake are first.  How loyal are we being to the OG stories?  Perfectly and just adding some new scenes?  Minor adjustments?  Major overhauls?  If we're doing major overhauls, what are they?  After that's figured out, this will naturally inform what kind of characters get added.  But the questions are linked.  Obvious example: let's say we decide that Tellius was a little bigger than originally displayed, and there was a large island that also survived the Great Flood to the west of Goldoa & Gallia.  That pretty well answers how things will shift in and of itself: change the direction of Ike's boat journey to Benignon to involve visiting NewLandia and possibly taking on board some characters from there, whoever they are.  Alternatively, if the game wants to go deeper into Benignon local politics to set up FE10 better, include another recruit from Benignon and discuss more about the nebulous Bad Senators other than Olivier that are only gestured at in FE9.  Or maybe we concoct some excuse to have a side story in Hatari if we're thinking more like DLC-level additions, and then Volug gets sent west earlier than happened in FE10 for Reasons to join up with Ike's band.  Or some new character.

I'll add that I wouldn't be a fan of invoking Wukong.  Sure, it's public domain, but he comes with baggage - people will expect some sort of Journey to the West themed content in his personal story, and that isn't really that close to the plot of FE9 (Elincia is Tripitaka?!).  This might be personal preference, but I think it's easier to explain regular "power level" character additions than super-powerful ones, and both OG Wukong and a "favorite of Ashera" would be expected to be crazy powerful, like a Laguz Noble level character.

If Zelgius is retcon'd to have a wife, even if she didn't recognize him, he'd surely recognize her.  I get it that fiction allows melodramatic, ridiculous things to happen, but this may be a step too far.  If you really wanted to force it, make her an NPC that Ike meets in Benignon in FE9 remake, have her join in FE10, and add some sort of branching plotline where Zelgius either follows his FE10 canon path or can be convinced to join Yune's side by his wife.  (Or, alternatively, own the fact that Zelgius married for politics/obligation and thinks more highly of Sephiran than his wife.  Which would be fine by me but FE10 thinks Zelgius is super-cool at times, and making him an indifferent husband would cut against that some.)

Edited by SnowFire

On 10/31/2022 at 1:28 PM, JungleGoutte01 said:

Ike's older sister. She is Zelgius' wife and the Duchess of Kadol. She doesn't know Zelgius is the Black Knight. She joins the fight against the Black Knight in Castle Nados 

Giving Ike an older sister... what purpose would that serve? It seems to require a serious rewrite of Greil's backstory, and creates new ambiguity by reshaping canon.

Monkey Laguz : A monkey Laguz is almost identical to a Beorc in human form. Monkey Laguz can mate freely with Beorc without consequences. They are often disregarded by other Laguz. They can use weapons (Lances for normal monkeys, and Axes for gorillas)

That just sounds like Beorc. Why introduce a laguz type that lacks their most distinct trait (fighting with their bodies while transformed, rather than using weapons)?

Bear Laguz : Those Laguz are rare and posess tremendous strength. They have very high HP. Their blows are strong enough to push non armored units. Some have high resistance angainst wind magic

I do like the idea of Bear Laguz, but I'm not a fan of plopping them into the known areas of Tellius, where the worldbuilding has already established the laguz tribes. Maybe they could exist in an original game that's set in Hatari, or in the lands to its north and east?

Eagle Laguz : They are a bit slower than hawks but have more strength. They are quite arrogant.

Tibarn already looks like an eagle in the cinematic cutscene. These would feel way too similar to Hawks, and wouldn't really stand out IMO.

Personally, I don't really see any of these proposed changes adding much to a hypothetical Tellius remake. If we do get a remake, I'd like to see changes mostly limited to quality-of-life and mechanical matters. If new characters are introduced, I'd like them to be ones that don't require major changes to the story or established setting (i.e. Faye versus Conrad in Echoes).

On 10/31/2022 at 5:28 PM, JungleGoutte01 said:

Elizabeth 

Are you trying to ruin the story? A new sibling for the main character would change everything. Making her the wife of Zelgius is also bullshit.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:28 PM, JungleGoutte01 said:

Congratulations. By erasing all consequences of Beorc-Laguz relationships, you took away everything that made the Branded interesting.

Anyway, here are my ideas for new characters in potential remakes.

Tagio, Silok and Mitnala: Three characters who were mentioned by Lucia at the end of Chapter 23. I guess they could appear in a paralogue that can be unlocked if a certain amount of the green units survive.

Havetti: I just really want a playable pirate in the game. He was even offered to back down in the game, so maybe he could agree to do so this time and he ends up being forced to serve the Greil Mercenaries as punishment. He seems to have some popularity among the IS staff due to his unique model and appearance on the Fire Emblem Awakening website.

• 2 months later...

I think a redeemed Crimean rebel could be interesting. The first stage of part 2 implies a lot of Ludbeck's army is consisting of bumpkins manipulated through propaganda. There could be a naive villager who swallowed all of Ludveck's propaganda, fought fanatically for Ludveck and then became completely mortified when pardoned and actually getting to meet Elincia, and realizing he was very, very wrong. 

When first meeting her in POR Lucia mentions some Crimean nobles that are fighting back against Daein. Of these two a certain ''general Tagio'' and ''Marquis Katol's orphan'' could be made into characters. General Tagio could be an uncommonly martial Crimean, and Katol being a boy wanting to avenge his father pretty much writes itself. They could also be easily duped as pawns for Ludveck.

Tauroneo has several children. The eldest is a cripple thanks to Tauroneo, so he obviously can't be playable, but one of his younger ones can. It be a nice twist if Tauroneo got the warrior son he always wanted long after he stopped wanting it. It could also show how different father and son are. Tauroneo serves Daein for glory in his younger years, while his son serves Elincia because he just wants to do what's best for Crimea. 

A branded bastard from Begnion could be an interesting addition. The result of a Senator getting a bit too intimate with one of their slaves and getting locked away as an embarrassing secret for years. So when Ike and co raids his family manor he decides its time for revenge. For extra drama they could be a relative of Lekain or Valtome. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, The PaperCrafter said:

Tagio, Silok and Mitnala: Three characters who were mentioned by Lucia at the end of Chapter 23. I guess they could appear in a paralogue that can be unlocked if a certain amount of the green units survive.

I am playing Path of Radiance actually and I was thinking the SAME. Those guys are fighting for Crimea against Daein, they're leaders of resistance with Geoffrey, Lucia and Bastian and they don't even have an artwork and appearance. In a remake, it will be great to have them appearing and playable. (Hallebardier, Fighter (we just have one in PoR) and General?). 

On 11/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, The PaperCrafter said:

Havetti: I just really want a playable pirate in the game. He was even offered to back down in the game, so maybe he could agree to do so this time and he ends up being forced to serve the Greil Mercenaries as punishment. He seems to have some popularity among the IS staff due to his unique model and appearance on the Fire Emblem Awakening website.

But his chara design is too much out of standards. He's "ugly", not presentable. It's not like Gonzales in FE6 who likes dumb and that's it. But I agree, we need Pirates. The only one we have as a berserker, it's Largo. For me, I was thinking about Kasatai, the General we fight with Ena. Indeed, we can skip his fight easily, so I was wondering why not being able to recruit him if we don't kill him. Realizing that his King abandonned them, he joins us to seek for response, and then, definetely join us. 

In a remake of Radiant Dawn, I would like to have :
- 2 more chapters in part 1. 

- 4 more chapters in part 2. (with, why not, with Tagio/Silok/Mitnala)
- 4 more chapters in part 3. (with more new laguz than just Kyza and Lyre. And make Skrimir playable as the lord. He will be less stronger than in the original game but still excellent. I was thinking about two more laguz, Kezdha as a cat, and a new tiger (red, black, white?). 
- 6 more chapters in part 4, 2 per group. The distance they are covering from Daein to Begnion is huge and deserves more encounter. Especially if we take in consideration that in one of the base information, we got to know that they are constantly attacked by the Disciples of Order. Moreover, we can also have one chapter before the Tower where we have to defend our camp for like 15 turns or 20 and where we have all the three groups gathering into one. We could select like 20 characters to play. Or, we can select the group who will go in the Tower, but just before playing them, we have to defend the entrance for many turns with the one that stayed. So at least, all the characters you trained but could not bring with you in the tower can be useful one more time. 
- Put in Radiant Dawn the class who disapear like Berserker, and the items that disappear, like magic weapon. 
- And last, but not least, making characters playable from PoR and RD more we finish the game even tho it's not logic in term of scenario. For example, unlocking Levail, Zelgius, Ashnard, Petrine, Bryce, Deghinsea, Hetzel, Jarod...etc. 

Fire Emblem Tellius saga has so much potential that it can be a whole licence by itself. The War against Yune, the time before it also might have a lot of wars to make Yune destroying all the continent, we can also do games before between War against Yune and PoR, you can develop with more tribes, beorcs, branded...etc. 

I'd like to see three characters added to Path of Radiance, each of whom would be specifically to fill a hole that I see. Generally speaking, if I were charge with making a remake, I would try not to alter the story and characters very much, because they're already well-regarded.

First, I'd like to see an additional female member of the Greil Mercenaries, since the gender balance there is pretty skewed. As things stand, there's initially just one woman (Titania) but seven men (Ike, Oscar, Boyd, Shinnon, Gatrie, Soren, Rhys) (or eight if you also count Greil). This then gets balanced slightly when Mist and Rolf join up, and then in Radiant Dawn when Mia is added to the group, but it's still 3:8 gender ratio at best.

I think I'd probably have her be a Sword Knight, since swords are weirdly under-represented in the Greil Mercs, with only Ike using them. That way there'd be one mounted and one infantry unit of each of the three main weapon types (Titania & Boyd for axes, Gatrie & Oscar fo lances, Ike & OC for swords). And having her be mounted would keep her distinct from Ike and Mia.

In terms of story and character, I wouldn't put her any more important than the other members of the Greil mercs. Could add in some minor connections for her (eg, served in the Crimean Knights at the same time as Oscar and Keiran,  looks up to Titania ads a mentor figure, Gatrie is smitten with her but she doesn't reciprocate, etc.) but I wouldn't want to give her too much plot importance.

Second, I'd want to add an extra staff user, because PoR has a weird drought of them. You get Rhys in Chapter 2, Mist in Chapter 9, and then nothing until Elincia in Chapter 26. You can potentially promote Soren, Ilyana or Tormod to get secondary access to staves, but they start at E rank and cap at B rank, so aren't the best (and that's leaving aside that I hope any remake will make knife sages actually be viable so they might not want staves on promotion anyway).

I think that it would be nice to have either a high level Priest or a low level Bishop added somewhere around the Begnion arc. I would suggest having one at some point during Day Breaks who is a part of Oliver's forces, but is sick and tired of Oliver's general Oliverness and is looking to defect. Again, he could have minor connections with existing characters, but wouldn't have any overall plot importance.

Finally, I think we really should have had a playable raven, other than getting Naesala for half a map in a third of all games. We get two cats, two tiger, and two hawks, but no ravens. The solution here seems incredibly obvious to me, though: have Vika join alongside Tormod and Muarim. There are other potential ways we could get a raven, but that one seems like by far the most natural fit.

Giving Ike a older sister would only further confuse older fans and casuals going into this game for Ike since making a completely new character for the sake of a remake would honestly ruin a lot of the moments in the game's story

14 hours ago, DarkSage861 said:

Giving Ike a older sister would only further confuse older fans and casuals going into this game for Ike since making a completely new character for the sake of a remake would honestly ruin a lot of the moments in the game's story

It would be useless, i think too. 

But adding characters we never saw will be better. Those who were mentionned above but Lorazieh, Elena, Lanvega too...etc. What could be interesting too, especially for Radiant Dawn, will be to add playable flashbacks of some stuff that happened during or before Path of Radiance with a new feature of gameplay, loosing the game. Why not playing the flashback where Greil become mad ? To show the horror of the thing, we can play his friends and fellows trying to stop him but getting killed one by one by a Prime Mad Greil. The reward will be depending on how much turns you resist against him. Same, playing Renning and his brother against Ashnard in Melior, during the invasion. 15 turns to resist before loosing the capital. If someone played Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void, I would imagine those kind of chapters like the one in LotV

Spoiler

where we have to resist with all the protoss Heroes against the zerg, but we have to loose at the end. 

I would say even the War against Yune but i prefer to have a real full game to narrate us this. 

On 3/1/2023 at 1:34 AM, NobleSang said:

It would be useless, i think too. 

But adding characters we never saw will be better. Those who were mentionned above but Lorazieh, Elena, Lanvega too...etc. What could be interesting too, especially for Radiant Dawn, will be to add playable flashbacks of some stuff that happened during or before Path of Radiance with a new feature of gameplay, loosing the game. Why not playing the flashback where Greil become mad ? To show the horror of the thing, we can play his friends and fellows trying to stop him but getting killed one by one by a Prime Mad Greil. The reward will be depending on how much turns you resist against him. Same, playing Renning and his brother against Ashnard in Melior, during the invasion. 15 turns to resist before loosing the capital. If someone played Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void, I would imagine those kind of chapters like the one in LotV

Reveal hidden contents

where we have to resist with all the protoss Heroes against the zerg, but we have to loose at the end. 

I would say even the War against Yune but i prefer to have a real full game to narrate us this. 

A flashback scenario would be pretty good but where that would be in terms of chapter placing either has to be really quick or go the Awakening route and make it a Paralogue or DLC

• 2 weeks later...

I am talking about one chapter, why not separated in two part so this gameplay dynamic is not only for one (P1-6), for each flashbacks. Flashback of Serenes Forest massacre, Greil going mad, Renning and his brother against Ashnard..etc. It would be amazing. 

On 3/11/2023 at 6:02 AM, NobleSang said:

I am talking about one chapter, why not separated in two part so this gameplay dynamic is not only for one (P1-6), for each flashbacks. Flashback of Serenes Forest massacre, Greil going mad, Renning and his brother against Ashnard..etc. It would be amazing. 

1-6-1 happens right before 1-6-2, though. It's one chapter across two maps. What you're suggesting is one chapter, where the first half is in the past, and the latter half in the present, right? That's something totally different. It's an interesting idea, but I don't think the Tellius games need any "padding", unless it's optional.

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:00 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Giving Ike an older sister... what purpose would that serve? It seems to require a serious rewrite of Greil's backstory, and creates new ambiguity by reshaping canon.

They have Alm a cousin to no real point...that sounds like I think another Ike sibling ks a good idea, but really I'm just bashing Berkut for being a bad idea, or at least badly executed. I guess Conrad is the more direct parallel, only I think he was decently integrated, given more of a view of Zofia's relationship with Rigel and having Halcyon be a slightly less random character. But Greil's backstory is already pretty well fleshed out and, something no one has brought up yet, if Ike has an older sister who's playable...why doesn't she take over the Greil Mercenaries? Ike only gets the job because he's Greil's son, are we going to make the Greil Mercenaries sexists who disinherit an older sister? Well considering Elincia wasn't even meant to be queen, it wouldn't be out of keeping for their society...but would still kind of feel dirty (course there's another Conrad parallel there in that Conrad should have taken precedence over Celica in the inheritance and absolutely everyone ignores it).

As for me ned new characters, there was a thread similar to this a whole back and the idea I came up with was a Wolf Villain. Tellius's main thematic weakness is a lack of real Laguz villains, it's basically only random chapter josses Pain and Agony, Lehran and to some extent Deghensea, but they're portrayed so sympathetically that calling them villains doesn't even sound accurate (despite wanting to literally kill everyone). So my solution was a rival for Nailah's throne trying to assassinate her while she's away in Tellius. This not only gives is an unsympathetic Laguz villains, but it gives us more Hatari stuff which is very undercooked. His direct role in the story would be to show up in an assortment of chapters having just missed Nailah or getting utterly lost and appearing somewhere random. His reason to actually fight the various armies would mostly stem from a fuck beorc sentiment, but possibly as a need to actually feed his wolf pack.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

They have Alm a cousin to no real point...that sounds like I think another Ike sibling ks a good idea, but really I'm just bashing Berkut for being a bad idea, or at least badly executed. I guess Conrad is the more direct parallel, only I think he was decently integrated, given more of a view of Zofia's relationship with Rigel and having Halcyon be a slightly less random character. But Greil's backstory is already pretty well fleshed out and, something no one has brought up yet, if Ike has an older sister who's playable...why doesn't she take over the Greil Mercenaries? Ike only gets the job because he's Greil's son, are we going to make the Greil Mercenaries sexists who disinherit an older sister? Well considering Elincia wasn't even meant to be queen, it wouldn't be out of keeping for their society...but would still kind of feel dirty (course there's another Conrad parallel there in that Conrad should have taken precedence over Celica in the inheritance and absolutely everyone ignores it).

Alternatively she could just... not want to? And they respect her decision? Not exactly shocking.

I mean, that's more or less what happens with Conrad, now that you mentioned it. He seemed quite set to not want the throne, so by the time everybody else learned who he was, he was dead set in his decision.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

As for me ned new characters, there was a thread similar to this a whole back and the idea I came up with was a Wolf Villain. Tellius's main thematic weakness is a lack of real Laguz villains, it's basically only random chapter josses Pain and Agony, Lehran and to some extent Deghensea, but they're portrayed so sympathetically that calling them villains doesn't even sound accurate (despite wanting to literally kill everyone). So my solution was a rival for Nailah's throne trying to assassinate her while she's away in Tellius. This not only gives is an unsympathetic Laguz villains, but it gives us more Hatari stuff which is very undercooked. His direct role in the story would be to show up in an assortment of chapters having just missed Nailah or getting utterly lost and appearing somewhere random. His reason to actually fight the various armies would mostly stem from a fuck beorc sentiment, but possibly as a need to actually feed his wolf pack.

I feel it's a bit too much to give him beorc bigotry, or even about wanting to eat them (why the beorc and not just hunt for regular animals, then?). That's just a retread of Pain and Agony, for starters. Not to mention... wouldn't make much sense. Maybe it's just me, but from what little we hear of Hatari, it gives the impression it just doesn't have the same baggage that Tellius does. Mostly thanks to its isolation. It still has Beorc and Laguz living together, unlike Tellius having long abandoned that.

Still, the rest of it has potential. It'd be funny for a gag if he keeps missing finding her for long, and would set-up itself nicely to finally have an encounter during Part 4. Less people around, higher chances then. Maybe by tracking her now that there's less scents and stuff to keep track of.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alternatively she could just... not want to? And they respect her decision? Not exactly shocking.

I mean, that's more or less what happens with Conrad, now that you mentioned it. He seemed quite set to not want the throne, so by the time everybody else learned who he was, he was dead set in his decision.

Yeah, but, does Ike even want to lead the Greil Mercenaries? Or does he just do it out of a sense of duty because it's what Greil (and to some extent Tatiana) wanted? I don't remember him being particularly excited, granted his father had just died, but overall I don't think Ike want wanted the job, more just accepted the job.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I feel it's a bit too much to give him beorc bigotry, or even about wanting to eat them (why the beorc and not just hunt for regular animals, then?). That's just a retread of Pain and Agony, for starters. Not to mention... wouldn't make much sense. Maybe it's just me, but from what little we hear of Hatari, it gives the impression it just doesn't have the same baggage that Tellius does. Mostly thanks to its isolation. It still has Beorc and Laguz living together, unlike Tellius having long abandoned that.

Still, the rest of it has potential. It'd be funny for a gag if he keeps missing finding her for long, and would set-up itself nicely to finally have an encounter during Part 4. Less people around, higher chances then. Maybe by tracking her now that there's less scents and stuff to keep track of.

Here's the thread I posted it in

So the chapters I selected before was Raise the Standard part 1 (the one before the Fiona chapter which is pretty lacking in anything happening), Tides of Intrigue (Lucia's fog of war map, though this will mostly be a cameo to reassert his existence), The Heart of Crimea (the defend Elincia map), From Pain, Awakening (the last chapter of Part 3, more chaos being added there would be nice) and the final confrontation being a new map where you take back the capital. Never liked how that was just done off screen in Radiant Dawn.

Another aspect of his appearances it that his wolfpack is composed of unique enemies. Not unique characters so to speak, but unique enemy units so that if you manage to kill some in an earlier chapter they will stay dead in a later chapter. It's not like he can exactly call for reinforcements.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, but, does Ike even want to lead the Greil Mercenaries? Or does he just do it out of a sense of duty because it's what Greil (and to some extent Tatiana) wanted? I don't remember him being particularly excited, granted his father had just died, but overall I don't think Ike want wanted the job, more just accepted the job.

It certainly gets glossed over. It's just treated as Ike's birthright and that's it. Still, I feel that if he didn't wanted to, we may have had some hint of it before Greil died. But as it stands, no, he too seemed to have taken it for granted he'd take over one day.

Even if he had an older sibling, if said sibling passed it over and everybody, including Ike, were content with that, then... same difference. Though personally, when it comes to this whole deal regarding the Merc's leadership, I feel it could've been handled differently anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

They have Alm a cousin to no real point...that sounds like I think another Ike sibling ks a good idea, but really I'm just bashing Berkut for being a bad idea, or at least badly executed. I guess Conrad is the more direct parallel, only I think he was decently integrated, given more of a view of Zofia's relationship with Rigel and having Halcyon be a slightly less random character.

Nope, not dealing with any of this. I've put my "Tellius blinders" on, and they're staying on for the duration of the thread.

But Greil's backstory is already pretty well fleshed out and, something no one has brought up yet, if Ike has an older sister who's playable...why doesn't she take over the Greil Mercenaries? Ike only gets the job because he's Greil's son, are we going to make the Greil Mercenaries sexists who disinherit an older sister?

From the original prompt:

She married Zelgius before the events of the game, so she's not with the Mercenaries anymore. How a Crimean commoner, secretly a Daein noble, married a Begnion General... I can't say I know. Also raises questions like "is Elena her mother, or is it someone else?" and "wait, was she there when Greil killed his wife and traumatized Ike?" and even "Now what am I supposed to do with all my commissioned Zelgius x Levail fanart?".

So my solution was a rival for Nailah's throne trying to assassinate her while she's away in Tellius.

Why doesn't her rival for the throne stay in Hatari and take it, while sending a hit squad after Nailah? If his goal is to rule Hatari, then that's the quickest route to do so. You could still make the "lead assassin" their own interesting character.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Another aspect of his appearances it that his wolfpack is composed of unique enemies. Not unique characters so to speak, but unique enemy units so that if you manage to kill some in an earlier chapter they will stay dead in a later chapter. It's not like he can exactly call for reinforcements.

Given Hatari's multiracial nature, maybe his squad could be composed of Wolf Laguz and Beorc alike? We never meet any Beorc from Hatari, so having them at least show up would be nice.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It certainly gets glossed over. It's just treated as Ike's birthright and that's it. Still, I feel that if he didn't wanted to, we may have had some hint of it before Greil died. But as it stands, no, he too seemed to have taken it for granted he'd take over one day.

I kind of wonder whether Ike accepting leadership of the Mercenaries, following Greil's death, is meant to be read as a sort of mistake. Shinon and Gatrie leave as a result - while part of that is "they're just being dicks", they have a point that Ike is untested and unproven. Had Ike asked Titania to lead, perhaps they would've stayed, while Ike would continue learning. Plus, Titania was already "deputy commander", making her the expected successor if the current commander were to die. This wouldn't preclude Greil's wish that Ike would come to lead the Mercenaries - just delay it somewhat.

Narratively, I understand why Ike is made the leader. He's the "Lord" character, the one everything is supposed to be centered around. He's the one giving commands (to blue and yellow units alike). And he has an exceptionally fierce emotional stake in the war in front of him. Still, on some level, I believe that Titania taking charge would have been the better choice, in-universe. 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

So the chapters I selected before was Raise the Standard part 1 (the one before the Fiona chapter which is pretty lacking in anything happening), Tides of Intrigue (Lucia's fog of war map, though this will mostly be a cameo to reassert his existence), The Heart of Crimea (the defend Elincia map), From Pain, Awakening (the last chapter of Part 3, more chaos being added there would be nice) and the final confrontation being a new map where you take back the capital. Never liked how that was just done off screen in Radiant Dawn.

Most of these maps don't even have Nailah. If he's showing up, it should be in maps where his target exists. On a completely unrelated note, Nailah could definitely appear in "paralogue" maps in parts II and III, with Tormod and the gang. Since in-narrative, they're travelling together after Daein is liberated. Would be a great chance to pump more levels into Tormod and Vika, too.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Most of these maps don't even have Nailah. If he's showing up, it should be in maps where his target exists. On a completely unrelated note, Nailah could definitely appear in "paralogue" maps in parts II and III, with Tormod and the gang. Since in-narrative, they're travelling together after Daein is liberated. Would be a great chance to pump more levels into Tormod and Vika, too.

I really feel like Radiant Dawn doesn't need many more chapters. As nice as it would be to get more Tormod, the game is already over 40 chapters long (and they're not exactly short Lyn mode chapters either, for the most part. Even the first Dawn Brigade chapters are rather involved for early game maps). Retaking the capital is the only real place in Radiant Dawn where I feel like a chapter was needed that we didn't get.

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I really feel like Radiant Dawn doesn't need many more chapters. As nice as it would be to get more Tormod, the game is already over 40 chapters long (and they're not exactly short Lyn mode chapters either, for the most part. Even the first Dawn Brigade chapters are rather involved for early game maps). Retaking the capital is the only real place in Radiant Dawn where I feel like a chapter was needed that we didn't get.

Ideally, the maps I'm proposing would go relatively quickly, since you have just a handful of units at your disposal. But even then, there are a couple ways we could avoid making them extend the game. Either make them "optional" maps, like the paralogues in the Elibe games; or, make them exclusive to NG+. Perhaps your proposed enemies from Hatari could be NG+ exclusive as well? That way, they won't lengthen the narrative (or present a new, unexpected challenge) to first-time players.

A Sienne map, I could go either way on. Sure, it'd be neat to see, and Part IV is technically short on chapters. At the same time, they're routinely some of the longest chapters in the game, usually taking me around 2 hours apiece. This chapter could be better... so long as it's not a Rout map. How about a Sieze map, where you have to capture the entrance to the Tower? Who would you make the boss of this map?

3 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Ideally, the maps I'm proposing would go relatively quickly, since you have just a handful of units at your disposal. But even then, there are a couple ways we could avoid making them extend the game. Either make them "optional" maps, like the paralogues in the Elibe games; or, make them exclusive to NG+. Perhaps your proposed enemies from Hatari could be NG+ exclusive as well? That way, they won't lengthen the narrative (or present a new, unexpected challenge) to first-time players.

A Sienne map, I could go either way on. Sure, it'd be neat to see, and Part IV is technically short on chapters. At the same time, they're routinely some of the longest chapters in the game, usually taking me around 2 hours apiece. This chapter could be better... so long as it's not a Rout map. How about a Sieze map, where you have to capture the entrance to the Tower? Who would you make the boss of this map?

Well the new wolf Laguz would definitely be a boss, but if it's going to be a seize map it'd have to be a disciple of order guarding the tower (and the wovles are better off as a chaotic element than randomly pairing up with Ashera). And on that front you have the option of just tossing in random disciple order like on Ike and Micaiha's first chapter. But that's no fun. So possibly another senator, as there is an unseen "seventh" senator mentioned in dialogue (though there are also two additional senators that run away in that one map, which makes for eight, but then again, one of them is probably Oliver's replacement who couldn't be an actual senator after his supposed death).

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well the new wolf Laguz would definitely be a boss, but if it's going to be a seize map it'd have to be a disciple of order guarding the tower (and the wovles are better off as a chaotic element than randomly pairing up with Ashera). And on that front you have the option of just tossing in random disciple order like on Ike and Micaiha's first chapter. But that's no fun. So possibly another senator, as there is an unseen "seventh" senator mentioned in dialogue (though there are also two additional senators that run away in that one map, which makes for eight, but then again, one of them is probably Oliver's replacement who couldn't be an actual senator after his supposed death).

If they wanted to "lean in" on the "Ashera is raising the dead" approach, they could bring back previous bosses in the game. Say, zombie versions of Jarod, Septimus, and Valtome, among others. Maybe even characters from the last game, like Shiharam or Seeker. Not sure if that messes with the lore too much.

Regarding the Wolf villain, we'd need an explanation for him and his allies surviving the great petrification. Perhaps they hid out in the same building as the others in III-E? Alternatively, maybe Ashera doesn't recognize Hatari as part of Tellius, so they don't get petrified. One more way to run it - most of the Wolf's forces actually do get petrified, and he confronts Yune, since she was the one singing the Galdr of release. Figuring that teaming up to defeat Ashera is the only way to save his allies, he forms an alliance of convenience with our heroes. Of course, this would derail the "cold-hearted, power-hungry villain" angle.

34 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Alternatively, maybe Ashera doesn't recognize Hatari as part of Tellius, so they don't get petrified.

Personally, I've always had this thought. Like, Ashera didn't petrified the Branded because she legit didn't knew they existed. Would she know about Hatari? Not to mention, the petrification was in regards to the pledge the Beorc and Laguz of Tellius made. Was Hatari part of that? I'd think not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Regarding that:

Nailah: Who would’ve guessed that a madman on the other side of the desert would somehow threaten Hatari?
Sephiran: Hatari. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to see it. The wolf tribe has survived all this time in the far corner of the world. Only the goddess could have known that.
Nailah: Perhaps even she didn’t know it. Your goddess isn’t perfect, you know. Does an imperfect goddess have the right to judge imperfect beings?
Sephiran: I see your point. Does the creator retain the right to destroy her creations when they are no longer what she envisioned? I imagine we could discuss this sometime… if only we had more time. I believe you alone might be able to sway my opinion on this, Lady Nailah, Queen of Wolves.
Nailah: You have too many opinions. I’m done talking.

Ashera has no dialogue with Nailah or Volug