Azz

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kliss88 said:

Kinda nice that classes dictate the growth more then characters do 

Spoiler

I mean, they definitely don't. Growth totals from characters are still much higher than classes, but the class ones are high enough to make things viable that might otherwise not be. 

But Clanne still only goes up to a 35% magic growth as a mage, whereas Anna goes up to 75%. 

Edited by Adubuu

21 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Hide contents

Kagetsu made the holy land more\naccessible by welcoming every\nvisitor to Lythos as a dear friend.\nHe and the new monarch were\noften seen going out together.

I'll say it is MODERATELY romantic, at least in comparison to the others.

There's no differences between Male and Female Alear's Endings and conversations.

what the hell? so the ending card is the only difference? or am i misunderstanding? cause alear's s support with kagetsu seems VERY romantic lol

3 minutes ago, Crubat said:

what the hell? so the ending card is the only difference? or am i misunderstanding? cause alear's s support with kagetsu seems VERY romantic lol

There's zero difference between Male and Female. Kagetsu will always say he loves you, regardless of gender. The endings are just non-romantic for whatever reason.

Anyway, managed to get all the stories and Pact Ring CGs.

So, on the dlc Emblems:

Spoiler

Very happy but not surprised to see Hector and Chrom.

Soren isn't a bad pick, though I think RD Sothe would have been a far better one for many reasons.

Veronica makes sense being the ONLY well-written FEH OC. But as a pick, I'm indifferent.

No particular excitement for Camilla.

12 minutes ago, Adubuu said:
  Hide contents

I mean, they definitely don't. Growth totals from characters are still much higher than classes, but the class ones are high enough to make things viable that might otherwise not be. 

But Clanne still only goes up to a 35% magic growth as a mage, whereas Anna goes up to 75%. 

Spoiler

With her 50 speed growth she is gonna be a busted mage.

4 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

They’re really telling you to interpret your pairing especially if it’s romantic without much to go with this is so bad sure I’ll try lmao.

From the supports I've read, it feels like IS was trying to counter whatever complaints were made about Three Houses but "overcorrected" a bit too hard. They're all very platonic and if there's any subtext (especially for the same-sex ones, because god forbid) you have to squint very hard. However, I do think line delivery may be able to sell the subtext better than a broken-up text file does. Fogado/Bunet for instance is really serving a combo of Ashe/Dedue and Dimitri/Dedue and could be really heartfelt. No paired endings for everyone besides Alear is a major L, though. I've never really cared about the avatar's relationships as much as everyone else's...

Also keep in mind the translations could be a bit...janky. I remember a lot of the same-sex stuff was butchered in Three Houses when it got localized. But, considering how universal it seems. Idk! We'll see.

Spoiler

I really like how S Supports are more vague and open-ended this go around. It sucks that it's only for Alear and not everybody, but I think romance being compulsory can inhibit the writing of supports more than it can strengthen it (not to mention, it makes some just plain creepy). Keeping relationship advancements more interpretive lets the player still pair up with whomever their favorite is without the writing having to be impaired as much.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

That whole lose your original rings and rewinds chunk is really cynnical when you consider it can be used to sell dlc emblems.

Spoiler

Even in its most cynical, there is only 5 DLC Emblems, not NEARLY enough to survive the onslaught of Ch. 11 and beyond.

Sigurd is the best for escape chapters!
It's a shame you don't have Sigurd!

5 minutes ago, martystarboy said:

From the supports I've read, it feels like IS was trying to counter whatever complaints were made about Three Houses but "overcorrected" a bit too hard. They're all very platonic and if there's any subtext (especially for the same-sex ones, because god forbid) you have to squint very hard. However, I do think line delivery may be able to sell the subtext better than a broken-up text file does. Fogado/Bunet for instance is really serving a combo of Ashe/Dedue and Dimitri/Dedue and could be really heartfelt. No paired endings for everyone besides Alear is a major L, though. I've never really cared about the avatar's relationships as much as everyone else's...

Also keep in mind the translations could be a bit...janky. I remember a lot of the same-sex stuff was butchered in Three Houses when it got localized. But, considering how universal it seems. Idk! We'll see.

Very true trying read through these it’s rough hopefully it’s better when seeing them in game.

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

Re: lack of romance in a lot of the paired endings with Alear

Spoiler

In addition to S support dialogue and paired ending dialogue, there seem to be 2 conversations possible with each character when they wake up Alear at each support rank (2 for C, 2 for B, 2 for A, 2 for S). The S ones are a mixed bag of platonic, romantic, and borderline scandalous (the Seadall one??? my god Nintendo), but seem to be largely romantic or very personally/emotionally intimate unless they're explicitly platonic pairings (Vander, Zelkov, the child characters, etc.). For example, Citrine and Diamant, which are sort of ambiguous on romance in the S support and endings, come off much more as romantic pairings when these are also in the mix (think NG+ Ike/Soren convo as a BASELINE of implied romance for these non-explicitly-platonic S wake-up convos, and then go up from there all the way to Seadall). The paired endings sort of seem like the odd ones out in being so vague.

Spoiler

Holy cow did they drop the ball hard on the writing in this game. The story is basic and dumb. All the characters are tropey and don't develop. And the character endings are largely gone outside of the Avatar and even those are basic.

Just...wow....how did we go from Three Houses, one of the most story heavy and character driven games in the franchise, to this garbage?

For shame IS. The next game better correct this.

Edited by Sentinel07

All emblem weapons cause I thought it was interesting:

Spoiler

Marth - Rapier, Mercurius, Falchion

Celica - Seraphim, Recover, Ragnarok

Sigurd - Ridersbane, Brave Lance, Tyrfing

Leif - Killer Axe, Master Lance, Light Brand (his bow in his engage attack is the Master Bow btw)

Roy - Lancreaver, Wyrmslayer, Binding Blade

Lyn - Killer Bow, Mani Katti, Mulagir

Eirika - Rapier, Wind Sword, Sieglinde/Siegmund (Siegmund may be exclusive to the engage attack like Leif's Master Bow, am not sure)

Ike - Hammer, Urvan, Ragnell

Micaiah - Shine, Nosferatu, Thani

Lucina - Noble Rapier, Parthia, Parallel Falchion

Corrin - Dual Katana, Wakizashi, Yato

Byleth - Aymr, Blutgang, Lúin, Areadbhar, Aegis Shield, Failnaught, Thrysus, Rafail Gem, Vajra Mushti, SotC

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

That whole lose your original rings and rewinds chunk is really cynnical when you consider it can be used to sell dlc emblems.

Spoiler

That was my first thought, especially depending on how powerful the dlc emblems are

50 minutes ago, Azz said:

In regards to DLC...

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah this is the most disappointing thing I think lol

Veronica is cool. Nice to see the Heroes bond rings being included will be more than just a shitty Heroes crossover. Also Veronica is one of the better OCs. I wonder what iteration they'll use, her OG or legendary form.

Soren is interesting but I'd prefer Elincia. Nice to have more magic emblems tho.

Hector is eh. Sad Eliwood is shafted considering FE7 is essentially his game but whatevs...

Shoulda been Robin and Chrom or just Robin. Not that I don't like Chrom, but he doesn't provide anything special that Lucina does.

Then Camilla... Azura woulda been such a better option. Camilla is just so... ugh. 

I'll still get the DLC anyways cause I want the house leaders and Tiki as well as the story dlc but whatevs

Quite odd choices, with the caveat that as DLC it's not necessarily finalized:

Spoiler

Hector emblem could be a placeholder for Hector + Ephraim and Chrom a placeholder for Chrom + Robin. Elsewhere in VincentASM's spreadsheet only references Eirika, not Ephraim, for example. Between Hector and Eliwood, Hector brings something more unique as an axe armor. Chrom, however, seems redundant since the game already has Lucina and too many swords at base; Robin, by contrast, could have added a spell-sword kit that they didn't do with Celica (she grants sword proficiency, but her weapons are two tomes and a staff).

Camilla as the Fates rep is an odd choice since Azura was the deuteragonist. Similar to Hector there is so added variety thanks to axes + flier, but it's not like lances are represented either, plus the supportive nature of  songstress Azura could yield something interesting. Camilla doesn't even get one of the game's legendary weapons since those are reserved for the men and Corrin. Plus, feels like odd favoritism to Nohr vis-a-vis Hoshido. Maybe that ring ends up being all the royals, but 8-9 characters in one ring to balance 20 bond levels and 3 weapons around is ... a lot.

Soren I suspect will be a Path of Radiance iteration with knives. There are no emblems that could wield knives in their games besides Corrin (but not in their default class), and aside from teaching knife proficiency I don't think Micaiah fits the bill.

56 minutes ago, gharej said:

Where are you guys seeing all the new datamined stuff?

From here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qFcABi455ZzLh0Drz1yZAxat5i_GWxIv3SPEDdlcZRE/htmlview#

Other gameplay observations:

Spoiler

Maybe it's just typos, but Jean is showed with no staff proficiency despite starting in the Monk class able to use staves. Additionally, the Royal Knight class is capped at A lances even though Griffon Knight can go up to S lances? That seems weirdly assymetric and, if anything, usually the flier is more broken than the horse and needs such a nerf.

That Clanne magic growth rate is very suspicious. Maybe fat finger error and the value strength vs. magic is swapped. With a sword secondary leading him towards mage knight, I would not be shocked by a balanced/hybrid growths, similar to Céline, but he has the same magic growth rate as Vander.

Dang at Pandreo's access to body arts at base combined with that strength growth rate. I was thinking he'd be hybrid and potentially my main fisticuffs unit, but now I'm thinking he'd make a better Sage with a bump to A staves. Idk, looking over this sheet and not even sure I want to focus on fisticuffs beyond Alear having access to them (I'm assuming they are just decoration on Seadall.