Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the hosts will do Votals for us consistently~! Actually, sometimes, I have fun doing votals even though they're time-consuming.

^ My sentiments, exactly. Day 1 action should pick up soon any minute . . . any minute. :P

On the contrary, go ahead and do votals. Saves me having to do it, and my votals are terrible to look at anyway

Again, ##Vote: Ether for being a horribly lazy moderator. Kidding, you're the best, Ether~!

Hmm, that topic subtitle doesn't look like 72 hour day phase. I think I'll go fix that...

...! The power of forum moderators! :D

I exist. I also see not much of a point in random voting before people have a real chance to talk. (And yes I know it's tradition, and this will probably get people voting me...) However, what I am going to do instead is this.

1) If anyone has any interesting night results they think people should know, they should message someone and have them tell everyone. That way, our cop can stay anonymous, etc. Along that vein, if the cop has cleared someone, consider messaging them, and that person should announce they're clear. Though, we run the risk of there being a Godfather type role, so maybe that's not the best idea. I dunno.

2) Was anyone hooked last night? Seems to me like it's a good idea to get the fact that there's a possible roleblocking role out there as soon as possible.

3) Unless you have vital info to share, it might not be the worst idea to save your messages for a day or two, just so you don't risk messaging the mafia and letting them know things.

Blitz: I'm trying to get actual good D1 discussion going so that we have a possible chance at getting an informed lynch to happen. And if we do end up going no lynch, at least information will have been spread. I've been really bored lately and thus been reading a bunch of the old mafia games and one thing I noticed was that if the town got organized and tried to get info passing right from the start they were much more likely to do well. But, if they spent most of the first day joke voting and not having any real discussion, followed by a no lynch, then they were much more likely to struggle for the rest of the game. Personally, I'd like to beat the mafia this game, and to do that I think it's important that we start having real discussion as soon as possible. I'm not saying people should start claiming their roles right away. I'm just saying that if we actually have discussion we might have a chance at figuring some things out.

1 is fine, if your info is worth sharing it's going to end up with the person you message anyway, and if they're scum trying to keep it to themselves you can yell at them after a long enough grace period

2 is debatable. I would not fault someone for not outing that.

3 is obvious

Paperblade: Yes it seems obvious, but I didn't think it was a bad idea to emphasis it, especially since we have a bunch of newer players playing, including myself since this is my third game...

I exist. I also see not much of a point in random voting before people have a real chance to talk. (And yes I know it's tradition, and this will probably get people voting me...) However, what I am going to do instead is this.

1) If anyone has any interesting night results they think people should know, they should message someone and have them tell everyone. That way, our cop can stay anonymous, etc. Along that vein, if the cop has cleared someone, consider messaging them, and that person should announce they're clear. Though, we run the risk of there being a Godfather type role, so maybe that's not the best idea. I dunno.

2) Was anyone hooked last night? Seems to me like it's a good idea to get the fact that there's a possible roleblocking role out there as soon as possible.

3) Unless you have vital info to share, it might not be the worst idea to save your messages for a day or two, just so you don't risk messaging the mafia and letting them know things.

1) And if that someone is mafia? Its not easy to go by like that, and its especially hard if you're the rolecop. If we ever go by this though, I'd say we send Haze the info.

2) No idea

3) Agreed

Marth: I dunno. There was part of me that doesn't completely trust Haze. It'd be really easy to claim night bomb to keep people from visiting you, especially if the mafia were provided with a list of safe claims.

As for the mafia thing, it's like Paperblade said. You message them, then if they don't say something about it within a decent amount of time that you set, say 24 hours to allow for timezones, you publicly out both the person you originally messaged about and the person you messaged and then we throw as much protection on you as possible.

well, I was doing the most obvious thing called getting a reaction

and now to get the questions

1)maybe, but if you went random, your probability won't be very high

2)If you claim hooked, you tell everyone whether your role is active or passive, some people don't care outing that, but others do.And in N0, there is a special condition of no killing, so if the vig was blocked, s/he wouldn't even know it and the roleblocker would.

3)this rubs me the wrong way