Shipping Mafia - Rule 9a invoked for universal loss

eclipse

There's no real reason in holding it back, same as there really isn't any reason to throw a single vote on someone just for random lolz. I'm just biding my time, basically.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I understand where Ether is coming from. There's only so much use in doing this when most people know that these votes have little to no meaning. I don't see any problem with Ether not voting.

Okay, so what you're saying is that we don't hold people responsible for their actions in RVS?

And also what prompted you to subtly defend Ether as such?

There's no real reason in holding it back, same as there really isn't any reason to throw a single vote on someone just for random lolz. I'm just biding my time, basically.

Okay let's put it this way: Voting someone will put pressure on them, particularly if you vote to start pushing an RVS wagon. By not voting you don't get interactions and reactions from your vote, which doesn't progress the town wincon.

i claim postgame cop

i can read postgame before the game actually happens and i know everybody's roles and have the option to instantly kill them by adding a scathing remark about them in postgame

i also know who wins

claim2menao

Because I've done the same exact thing he's doing right now and have no issue with it. I'm also aware that people here have a stupid obsession with RVS and I don't want people wasting their time wagoning Ether for something that's not inherently scummy. If he gives me some other reason to vote him, then I will, but I don't see any issue with this.

RVS isn't going to put pressure on someone, unless it becomes a wagon. A single vote in RVS is not any sort of pressure, because it's just that, random and baseless.

But fine, have it your way.

##Vote: Manix

Stahp it Manix stahp it.

Why do you see the need to make out what I'm doing as subtly defending him? Why paint the negative tones on it? I wasn't exactly being subtle about it, to be honest. I wasn't trying to be sneaky, I see nothing wrong with what he did and said that. Not sure where you're getting subtle from that.

Because I've done the same exact thing he's doing right now and have no issue with it. I'm also aware that people here have a stupid obsession with RVS and I don't want people wasting their time wagoning Ether for something that's not inherently scummy. If he gives me some other reason to vote him, then I will, but I don't see any issue with this.

But surely you can see that not applying at least some pressure and making people responsible for their supposedly "random" actions is better than not doing anything at all?

Also you jumped to the conclusion that I thought Ether was scummy and I may have wanted to wagon him over it. Newsflash, I don't. I decided that Ether's actions were null and I wanted to draw attention to it to start breaking us out of RVS quicker by getting reactions.

RVS isn't going to put pressure on someone, unless it becomes a wagon. A single vote in RVS is not any sort of pressure, because it's just that, random and baseless.

It's only not pressure if you don't make people responsible for what they do. Push random silly stuff, get reactions, get reads. RVS isn't really random unless you're trying to make it as such, which doesn't help town.

Why do you see the need to make out what I'm doing as subtly defending him? Why paint the negative tones on it? I wasn't exactly being subtle about it, to be honest. I wasn't trying to be sneaky, I see nothing wrong with what he did and said that. Not sure where you're getting subtle from that.

Because the question was not aimed at you and you didn't need to answer it. I would have preferred if you had waited until Ether had posted to give his reasoning why. All that said I'm getting some nice reactions off you because of this.

But surely you can see that not applying at least some pressure and making people responsible for their supposedly "random" actions is better than not doing anything at all?

Let me extrapolate: If you were to ask me about my vote on BBM, you'd actually find I have more of a reason then "lolRVS, policy vote"

Remember that we had OC N0. Through the little talking BBM and I had together, something didn't quite feel right, but that's just a small gut feeling (and possibly even though most of us didn't have an alignment at that point, I still wanted to vote him because of it)

lol at Manix finding me scummy before people had alignments

##Unvote, ##Vote: Cam

What was the point of making a jokepost instead of commenting on what Ether/Scorri/Manix said?

I'm honestly sick of having this same argument every RVS, tbqh. "Why didn't you vote?" "Why should I have to?" It feels like we've beat this horse to death. Personally, I'm inclined for null read on Ether's move.

While Manix has advanced some basic pro-town logic, the possible slip scorri points out is interesting. Since only Ether is currently voting him, I don't think it is too risky to apply additional pressure.

##Vote: Manix

After you elaborate on the slip, could you also care to elaborate on any of the specifics of your conversation with BBM that triggered your caution? It doesn't have to be full logs or anything, but just general topic of discussion when you started getting warning signs might help. Sadly I didn't have a full conversation with him myself, because we kind of did the two ships passing in the night, but I know other people had contact with him, and cross-checking points of interest could be helpful.

##vote Manix

Because you're annoying me, and that makes it not random, right? lolRVSover

Except not actually. It's because you lied about your reasons for voting. Want out of the RVS faster? Don't pretend you're random or policy voting if you're not.

Let me extrapolate: If you were to ask me about my vote on BBM, you'd actually find I have more of a reason then "lolRVS, policy vote"

##Vote: BBM

policy voting

Dunno why we would have bothered to ask you why you voted BBM when you so nicely put your reasons right there...

##Unvote, ##Vote: Cam

What was the point of making a jokepost instead of commenting on what Ether/Scorri/Manix said?

because i don't have anything particularly serious to say?

What do you mean most of us?

Your guess is as good as mine because I don't know if the mafia had their alignments (see role pm template in first post)

anyway I'm out right now and will respond to the rest when I get home

Why is that? Since then, there was further argument between Manix and Scorri, and Manix was voted for by two people. Why do you have nothing serious to say about that? Shinori is also guilty of not really commenting on what had happened, but you followed it up with another post just now that said nothing, so I'll keep my vote here for now.

I find it funny that Manix saw something wrong with what I said before we even had alignments, but I don't see anything wrong with what he posted in-thread. What he said about RVS is correct and Eclipse did say something about how some people's role PMs might differ, so I don't really see it as a slip. I also don't think that town have to state everything about their vote right away, especially this early.

After you elaborate on the slip,

Did that while I was out.

could you also care to elaborate on any of the specifics of your conversation with BBM that triggered your caution? It doesn't have to be full logs or anything, but just general topic of discussion when you started getting warning signs might help.

[spoiler=full logs, bolded added][09:34] <BBM> so womanix

[09:35] <Manix> yesssssssssssssss?

[09:35] <BBM> care to out your shipping targets?

[09:35] <Manix> you're one of them

[09:35] <Manix> that's all i'm outing

[09:37] <BBM> aww manix

[09:37] <BBM> how sweet

[09:39] <BBM> (you're also one of mine)

[09:39] <Manix> i c

bolded kinda tipped me off. it's weak I know but it's still something. I mostly wanted reactions from mentioning it.

Except not actually. It's because you lied about your reasons for voting. Want out of the RVS faster? Don't pretend you're random or policy voting if you're not.

I'm going to play this off as being new to mafia but it's called "reaction testing". You don't always have to explicitly say your exact reasons for voting someone, and considering I outed my reasons, how does that make me scum?

Dunno why we would have bothered to ask you why you voted BBM when you so nicely put your reasons right there...

Let's consider: I was stating my reasons so people didn't think me a hypocrite in regards to what I had already said about taking responsibility for my "random" actions.

Also I didn't want to have to mention this, but:

also anyone who thinks I'm scum because of ED1 need a reality check: scum don't want more information to come to light and I wouldn't be trying to get town out of RVS if i was scum

quoted directly from my thoughts quicktopic

anyway in other news: Grass's vote is opportunistic as heck and the underlying sarcasm in the first sentence of his post was completely passive-aggressive and unneeded

Bal's vote is fine, don't really have a problem with that.

Ether's vote kinda reads like an OMGUS? Ether I'd like you to give legitimate reasons for that vote, even if they are weak reasons.

BBM's Cam vote is also legit, I'd be happy to run that up

I saw scorri reading the thread while I was out, do you have any more opinions at this point?

The reason why I voted you was because you wanted me to throw a vote into RVS, so I did. You seemed as good a place as any for it, considering how pushy you're being over voting without any rhyme or reason aside from hoping someone slips to D1 votes that don't have anything behind them yet. Consider me a relic of the past, but I find RVS pretty pointless, I dunno if people think it's important nowadays.

But regardless, I'm not all that keen on how quick people piled on, so ##Unvote for now.

The reason why I voted you was because you wanted me to throw a vote into RVS, so I did. You seemed as good a place as any for it, considering how pushy you're being over voting without any rhyme or reason aside from hoping someone slips to D1 votes that don't have anything behind them yet.

Hmmm I see what you're getting at. But when you say I'm pushy, do (or did) you think I'm (I was) actually scum for it?

Eh, not really. I don't have any sort of reads this early, it just sort of got on my nerves a little, is all. It's like I said, you wanted me to vote someone, and you were as good a place as any for it to go.

##Vote: Grassbridger

As for right now, I'm not overly fond of the vote pile on Manix.

@manix: Just cause I looked at the logs Blitz was asking the same thing about shipping targets. I didn't like it and that was kind of what I meant by I don't like his N0 bs in my first post. But I really don't think it's something toooo bad.

P.S. I just played as ad heimerdinger and beat a vayne bot lane. ^.^

@manix: Just cause I looked at the logs Blitz was asking the same thing about shipping targets. I didn't like it and that was kind of what I meant by I don't like his N0 bs in my first post. But I really don't think it's something toooo bad.

I see. Well now that you mention it there's something out of my Blitz log I want to bring up.

[spoiler=part log][19:59] <Manix> well i already put through a tentative list when i got my pm

[19:59] <Manix> andddddd you're on it

[19:59] <Blitz> what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

[20:00] <Blitz> what is insane

[20:00] <Manix> lol

[20:00] <Blitz> my reads on players say there are only 4 people who would even consider picking me as a last resort

Now I'm not sure whether that's because it's just normal blitz or there's something wrong there, but thought I might share.