Inception Mafia

Paperblade

@BBM, Rein isn't voting Prims I don't think.

I agree with Prims about kirsche's vote. It's only one post of course but it's reductive and manages to be substantive vote in RVS (which is of course nice and generally dodges a few bullets when the end of RVS rolls around and we yell at the people who've been durdling) but doesn't actually push Rein or ask questions to promote discussion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not elaborate this early, but Real Talk your claim seems like a Manix Role and not a Paperblade Role if you catch my drift. Paperblade isn't me and even if he was I don't give townies roles that are 99% useless for them.

Furet's I am indifferent about because I don't know what to expect from him but I hope he says more when there's more to talk about.

Bizz is also a likely scum candidate.

this seems like blatant overthinking

there is fuck all to talk about lol

has bizz even said anything yet

rest seems solid, good post op

now to find out what RVS means, it sounds like utter wank imo

Hahaha-fuck.

My doublevote doesn't show up on votals; so much for my claim.

An auspicious start to my play for this game, I'm sure.

re: tailor claim - I don't see a lot of scum intent with being so open, but I also don't see much town intent in attempting to throw things off and hope to catch a scum making a Cop fake. Especially since now they'd know not to fake Cop, it'd be rather harder to catch anyone with it.

Agreeing that Manix should be idling until a Cop flips.

Like, yeah there are things I don’t like about it, but I don’t really see scum intent in Manix outing his role as he did.

Anyways…
I agree with Shinori re: Strege. In his earlier post, he seems to be either not reading the post he quoted, or misrepresenting Shinori.
Just because there’s doubt that someone’s town doesn’t necessarily mean I should be voting for them yet, especially if I don't know what I think yet.

Since I don't have anything stronger than this...

##Unvote

##Vote: Strege

Also sheeping Prims and Strege in my thoughts on Kirsche.

now to find out what RVS means, it sounds like utter wank imo

RVS = Random Voting Stage. It's what we do before there's actual content to work with.

UPDATE: RVS is utter wank

cheers op 10/10

what happened to the theory shit on whether day one lynching was worth it or not, it was all anyone talked about back in my day aka fucken three years ago

I agree with Prims about kirsche's vote. It's only one post of course but it's reductive and manages to be substantive vote in RVS (which is of course nice and generally dodges a few bullets when the end of RVS rolls around and we yell at the people who've been durdling) but doesn't actually push Rein or ask questions to promote discussion.

What I mean here is that it looks more pro-town than it is.

Poly's content also bothers me a little bit. There's some talk about roles which doesn't go anywhere much, and his scumreads on Shinori and Rein in post 47 are mostly echoes of Manix's criticisms of them. He only adds that Shinori didn't say why he was overlooking Manix (which I think is a decent point to add) and Rein possibly reasoning incorrectly about roles (I don't understand where the scummy element of this part comes in).

So yeah, kirsche and Poly don't have much content but I'd place Poly near Shinori on my list of scumreads with kirsche as just a faint ping that I felt was worth articulating. G'night yo.

pedit: My only retort to Euklyd's vote on me (which also went to Shinori's) is that that part of my argument is not even half of my vote, and relates to the wording of his post.

p-pedit: day 1 lynching is worth it because it's fun duh

prims why am I a likely scum candidate. (also that whole post sounds like scum to me like a whole lot holy shit I just have a very bad feeling)

random thought: prims how did you think of the redirecting problem with my role so quickly, considering no one else had thought of it, namely rein, who had been pushing my case?

Why do you need to ask this if you're town?

i don't understand this question, you said they were 'a likely target' or some shit like that before they'd even posted

Basically Prims's whole shtick feels like fearmongering to me and reminds me of a time Manix claimed third party and he tried to get everyone believe he was SK and lynch him. He also doesn't seem like he wants to lynch Manix because he is scum but just because "ït would be beneficial to town" and that is like a HUGE Primscumtell to me I guess. Maybe I'm just dumb though.

Rein is also pretty bad for jumping on him solely for claim. Feels opportunistic.

I'm implying they seem self-conscious....... like a mafia would be.....

The truth is I didn't really have an opinion and just wanted to see how they'd handle that.

prims: because you literally have said "via is a scum candidate" even though they had 1) no content and 2) they weren't around

bonus marks for avoiding the question with one of your own, which doesn't even make sense as a question, in that townies can defend themselves too. people don't like having nothing to work with, after all (see: you're not actually pushing any case at all, just making a statement)

Because I want to fucking know why you think I'm a scum candidate before I even posted beyond my RVS vote holy shit.

##Unvote

##Vote: Prims

#yolo

backtracking after being called out, and generally dubious stuff. the reason why I asked about the redirect is because it seems all too easy to use knowledge as scum to be able to say "what if scum have a redirect", which is yeah

hey sorry I'm not feeling so well (physically), I'll be back later like in a few hours or tomorrow. I feel kind of grumpy and scared and that's not really a good mix u__u

I'm smart 8)

Prims is obvscum for this alone

Poly's content also bothers me a little bit. There's some talk about roles which doesn't go anywhere much, and his scumreads on Shinori and Rein in post 47 are mostly echoes of Manix's criticisms of them. He only adds that Shinori didn't say why he was overlooking Manix (which I think is a decent point to add) and Rein possibly reasoning incorrectly about roles (I don't understand where the scummy element of this part comes in).

I didn't say Shinori was scum, but I did dislike his vote. Clarification. That said, he does ping me somewhat for his last post, especially the vote on you which was completely unfounded imo. Euk's vote also rubs me the wrong way as well, since it comes off more as buddying Shinori than actually having logical voting on you.

Rein's post before that seemed like he was deliberately avoiding Manix's explanation of his claimed role (or maybe he just didn't understand it, idk), the fact that he seemed a bit defensive IMO when he was called on his case by Manix, and the fact that even after that he replied to the criticisms against him, he still came off as defensive.

I'm implying they seem self-conscious....... like a mafia would be.....

The truth is I didn't really have an opinion and just wanted to see how they'd handle that.

This post is bad. Like, scummy bad. Not all eventual scumteam members are defensive and self-conscious during games - which makes it a bad meta read for your justification - and then admitting that you basically did that bit for the lulz just... ugh. It doesn't do anything for the game when you do this aside from tack on useless posts to pad your ISO. And if you claim it's a reaction test, that's still really bad because your question is broad, generic and generally gets no actual info put out there.

##Unvote

tl;dr: bad meta + scummy-looking backtrack + bs reaction test = Prims is gay obvscum

Basically Prims's whole shtick feels like fearmongering to me and reminds me of a time Manix claimed third party and he tried to get everyone believe he was SK and lynch him. He also doesn't seem like he wants to lynch Manix because he is scum but just because "ït would be beneficial to town" and that is like a HUGE Primscumtell to me I guess. Maybe I'm just dumb though.

Rein is also pretty bad for jumping on him solely for claim. Feels opportunistic.

If you haven't noticed, I don't want to lynch Manix right now. also "Maybe I'm just dumb though." why would you say this about a case you're voting somebody over

All cases on Rein are terrible btw and they're far easier to push than what Rein has been pushing because it won't draw flak for being role-related. I guess it's more obvious to me because I agreed that Manix's claim looked bad.

Because I want to fucking know why you think I'm a scum candidate before I even posted beyond my RVS vote holy shit.

counterwagon

caught in a lie

prims: because you literally have said "via is a scum candidate" even though they had 1) no content and 2) they weren't around

bonus marks for avoiding the question with one of your own, which doesn't even make sense as a question, in that townies can defend themselves too. people don't like having nothing to work with, after all (see: you're not actually pushing any case at all, just making a statement)

They had no reason to get defensive because I had absolutely nothing on them.

##Unvote

#yolo

backtracking after being called out, and generally dubious stuff. the reason why I asked about the redirect is because it seems all too easy to use knowledge as scum to be able to say "what if scum have a redirect", which is yeah

by "yolo" you mean "finally I can move off my easy votepark right"

~~~ThA CaLlOut~~~

Conclusions:

Find Via suspicious. For somebody who thinks I'm mafia they seem very finicky about attacking me, and outright forgetting they made a RVS post is pretty awkward. Basically if I'm scum then there's no reason to worry about upsetting me, but if I'm town and they want to mislynch me then obviously they'd be worried about me catching onto that...

Very irritated at Manix. The redirect question is the biggest grasp I've seen in some time because the intuitive answer is some Ockham's Razor shit - I came up with that before everybody else did because I'm more experienced at Mafia than them 8). Him attacking me for what I said about Via as if reaction tests are unheard of is laughable. I don't necessarily think this is scummy and not just him jumping to stupid conclusions but I have a hard time seeing why he'd be voting me over Rein at this point.

##Unvote

I was typing up a post, and everything I wanted to say got said for me.

General dancing around+this post:

is really bad. The implication is bad, the logic is bad, etc.

If you say something and give no justification for it, other players have every justification to ask you why you said it, and then like backtracking and stuff later.

tl;dr - sheeping Manix+Bizz.

I don't think that coming up with the redirect thing is scummy, though.

pedit: guess I'm also sheeping Poly, cool.