SF's "Write Your Butt Off!" Writing Competition XV - Voting Thread

Sunwoo

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. . .whoops. Wrote out reviews for everyone, but then I voted, which sort of erased them. If anyone wants feedback, lemme know~!

Also, why is this poll not public?

I'll be happy to get my review.

Also, I've done fucked up and forgot to make it public. Should I just redo the poll and ask everyone to revote?

All right, I fixed the poll. It should be public and Terrador has said it's not broken, hopefully this is good to go now.

Okay~!

Ahem. . .the only issue I had with your fic, Boron. . .was that it was too short. It was quite engaging, and I was pretty disappointed when I realized that I hit the end. It left a bunch of unanswered questions, but in a good way. I'm surprised that Morgan wasn't the one that got her hands on Grima's Truth, though.

Yeah, I wasn't too satisfied with the length of the story either. I had plans to make it longer, but by the time I actually had time to sit down and finish my entry I was told that there was only an hour left (I'd erroneously pegged the deadline date as tomorrow). So I had to rush through it. If the length was the biggest issue you had with my story, I guess it wasn't THAT terrible!

I'd be happy to hear any concrit you guys have. I still need to gather my thoughts and wait for my bad mood to pass.

I'd be happy to hear any concrit you guys have. I still need to gather my thoughts and wait for my bad mood to pass.

I'm not familiar with the Skyrim universe, so I felt like I only had half the context necessary to truly enjoy your story.

EDIT: By request.

blah - Quotes, to denote which bits of text are spoken, and which are not, would really help. I couldn't figure out why the plane was speaking, which put a damper on the motives of the main character. Everything else, however, was an improvement from your last entry. Keep it up~!

Edited by eclipse

blah - Quotes, to denote which bits of text are spoken, and which are not, would really help. I couldn't figure out why the plane was speaking, which put a damper on the motives of the main character. Everything else, however, was an improvement from your last entry. Keep it up~!

Thanks. Ive noticed, incidentally, that both of my entries are concerned with WWII (even if this one is alternate) and both involve the main character dying.

Oh, also, a message to all entrants: due to the rather late ending time of the voting phase in this cycle, please have your prompt for the next cycle ready to go immediately (as soon as a winner is declared preferable). I would like to get the prompt for the next round up by the end of Sunday.

I wouldn't mind some feedback.

Hey, it's a universe I recognize! Durandal's words felt like they should've been said by Armads. I think Roland got all of a couple of lines in, but he didn't strike me as that sort of dude.

If you want to comment on mine you're certainly welcome too...

Not until you post your reviews! I'm not a review-bot, dammit!

(also, reviews on mine are VERY WELCOME. I know I'm missing a lot of background on my characters, but to put it all in would've detracted heavily from the prompt)

Hey, it's a universe I recognize! Durandal's words felt like they should've been said by Armads. I think Roland got all of a couple of lines in, but he didn't strike me as that sort of dude.

Not until you post your reviews! I'm not a review-bot, dammit!

(also, reviews on mine are VERY WELCOME. I know I'm missing a lot of background on my characters, but to put it all in would've detracted heavily from the prompt)

Roland and Durandal are not the same entity. Though Roland was a pretty nice guy in his couple of lines, that doesn't necessarily equate to Durandal being nice. Durandal is a tool literally made to wipe dragons off the face of Elibe, and I tried to reflect that in its character.

Regarding yours, I really liked it. Blue's character really appealed to me (Though there were a couple of times where I got confused and thought he was being referred to as female). The lack of background was the main drawback, but I'd love to see more of this universe, so tell me if you ever write for it elsewhere.

Honestly I don't think this was a good prompt. Mainly because this sort of thing should have a larger impact than can be held in a 10,000 word story, especially if it's a 'suddenly' talk as opposed to just being able to talk. I mean, what are we going to do? Have the sword suddenly sing karaoke? IMO a character design or generalized prompt about a goal as opposed to just an item is better.

. . .and the final review.

Vashiane - Well-written Pokemon stories that are dark are a refreshing change! You'd think that the sword would figure out that proper hygiene would become a future "king", but details. :P:

Did I forget to end the voting phase? I forgot to end the voting phase. Sorry folks, stuff's been busy lately but let's get this underway.

c954e05a87530cb14a04bd303c0b50b4.png

There is a tie between Eclipse and Vashiane, but due to circumstances surrounding the latter, Eclipse is the winner for this round! The right for Vashiane to host will be reserved because of those circumstances but Eclipse is the winner. Thanks to all of the participants, and I hope to see you next round!

Vashi, come back soon~!

Anyway. . .gimme a bit, and I'll put up the prompt. I need to find a way to word it such that it doesn't sound so weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if anyone wants feedback they should ask me. However, my forte would be alternate history works.

Edit: feedback for mine would be nice as well.

Edited by blah2127