SF's "Write Your Butt Off!" Writing Competition XV - Voting Thread

Sunwoo

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do my best~!

Snowy: Light-hearted and cheesy was what I was going for, and the idea was great, even if the execution was a little awkward (since things involving multiple dimensions are rarely smooth). Does that mean the bad guy stays dead?

Glaceon: I had problems following who was who in the story, because my DQ background is very weak.

AnonymousSpeed: That was an amusing take on the prompt, because the "prophecy" wasn't something that would end the world. Your story would've benefited from a 30,000 word limit, because I see a lot of potential in it!

I have to Stop Being Lazy and write out what I had in mind.

AnonymousSpeed: That was an amusing take on the prompt, because the "prophecy" wasn't something that would end the world. Your story would've benefited from a 30,000 word limit, because I see a lot of potential in it!

Great, now I feel tempted to actually write more stuff for these characters, and I'm doubting my original plans for them.

Pondering, pondering...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry. I kept trying with this idea of two friends dealing with a prophecy told by one of those 'wishcatcher' things people make as a kid. They both get a prophecy saying that they'll marry the same guy. One ignores it and gets on with her life until, eventually, she ends up in a relationship with him while the other remembers the prophecy and gets jealous over it. Only problem is that I can't stretch it out and, simply, it's not very interesting. Maybe if I wasn't studying a lot, but I am.

If time runs out will we use my prompt or switch to 'free for all'?

Edited by Snowy_One

Since Blah was the only one to submit an entry, is there no other choice but to vote him until the end phase? I want to know if Blah will win over Blah.

Okay. As the person who started this thing I'm just going to give you guys a brief update on stuff.

This coming Tuesday morning I am defending my master's thesis, which I've been working on for the past four years or so (read: 1 semester before I joined SF) and I have been very, very busy working on it in the meantime. If my defense is successful, I should be able to be more on top of keeping track of this thing because my thesis is the major stressor in my life right now and if I can defend successfully that's the biggest thing out of the way.

Now, the question is: do you guys want to continue this writing competition thing? Or are people either losing interest or just don't have enough time anymore?

Interest has been off and on for me, yet I haven't been able to finish a story I deem good enough for submission, I think this should continue.

Maybe I'd get to join one for once :P:

Also good luck Boron, i'm sure you'll defend it like a pro.

Well I have a bad habit of thinking up a story perfect for the last prompt the day after said prompt is done. Honestly if we had another anything goes competition then I'd probably do it. Also can we have a rule that neither of the entrants can vote because I'll be unable to vote for a week and Jank will have to vote for me? That would be an unfair advantage.

I'm fine with a vote that says entrants can't vote … as long as we have enough votes and there are more than two entries. I did end up submitting something a few minutes ago, though.

Thanks for updating the poll and the OP, eclipse. Since we have only four entries, though, I think we should have people vote for only their favorite entry (it says top two in the OP).