Tales of Vesperia Mafia - GAME OVER

Snike

The champions of the Misfits and Adversaries had finally assembled together, for one last battle to decide the fate of Terca Lumeris.

[spoiler='Rules (Adapted from SFMM and Smogon)]1. This is an NOC game, which means town can only talk in the main thread. I catch people talking OC, heads will roll. Deal with it.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "##Vote USER" in bold, or "##Vote:No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you do not have to edit the old vote of yours out. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, but deaths will not happen on Night 0.

4.1. Correct format is defined as ##<Word/Action>: <User> in bold.

5. If there's a tie, no lynch will take place.

6. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Snike and LukaMegurine.

6.1. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - Idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

7. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed until after the game ends.

8. NO. ITEMS. EVEEEEEEEEERRR!

9. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If we notice that you seem to be idle, we reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. We'll most likely nudge first, though.

10. Be careful who you trust.

11. People die when they're killed.

12. If you have any spreadsheets, please inform us and let us have access to them.

13. If anyone is modkilled, it will happen instantly. This is effective Day 1.

14. After death you are only allowed to make info-free posts. They could be simple "Fuck you all you guys suck" posts, or "Good luck guys" sort of posts. As long as they doesn't contain any information about the game, it's fine. That said, don't excessively deadtalk, if living players/the hosts ask you to be quiet, do it.

15. If your Role PM contradicts the rules, follow your role PM.

16. This is an experimental game, so don't take it too seriously, kids.

17. No code garbage please. B|

Reminder: RTFRs.

Players:

1. Shinori - Gauche - Warpstabbed Night 2

2. Psych

3. Raymond - Flynn Schifo - Caress of Death, Day 1

4. Sho - Phaeroh - Modkilled Day 1

5. Lorddomu - Droite - Cut down Night 2

6. Broto - Karol Capel - Lynched Day 2

7. Balcerzak

8. Eclipse - Schwann - Blast Heart, Day 2

9. Kay - Zagi - Warpstabbed Night 1

10. Hikarusrr - Belius - Warpstabbed Night 3

11. Blitz

12. Ducky - Yeager - Lynched Day 1

13. Ether

14. Rothene

15. Obviam - Rita Mordio - Blast Heart, Day 2, Modkilled Night 4

16. Paperblade - ??? - Missing Night 2

17. Haze

18. Anouleth - Kratos - Lynched Day 4

Subs:

0. Kevin

1.Slayer

Do not post yet. Role PMs are being sent out.

Edited by Snike

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHAOS LASER!

Luka Megurine, the upstart, has been modkilled.

Role PMs have been sent out. It is now Night 0. Day 1 Begins on Saturday, October 29th, at 10 PM GMT+0.

[spoiler=My Host PM]

Dear Snike,

You are Dhaos, ADMIN Cameo.

Dhaos.jpg

You are the main villain of Tales of Phantasia. As a result, you are not from this time period, but have decided to stick around and witness the strength of these dogs.

At any point in time, you may reply to your role PM, “Night/Day X - Skip Ahead.” The day or night phase will immediately end, and any fatalities that come with the end of the phase will be revealed.

You have plundered an egregious number of Limit Bottles and as a result, you are constantly in Over Limit. If at any point in time a USER violates the rules, you may post in the thread, “DHAOS LASER!”. You will obliterate the transgressor and/or a teammate of his, on the spot. The phase will continue as normal.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you end more phases than Barbatos OR you write postgame.

[spoiler=Rein's Host PM]

Dear Luka M,

You are Barbatos Goetia, ADMIN Killer of Heroes.

0130_tv0130_tod2_04.jpg

One of the primary antagonists in Tales of Destiny 2, you are a man who represents all that is evil, resorting to betrayal and brutality for your own gains. You are here to bring a new reign of terror onto Terca Lumireis, but first you want to watch this competition.

At any point in time, you may reply to your role PM, “Night/Day X - Phase Destroyer!” The day or night phase will instantly end, and any deaths that come with the end of the phase will be announced.

Your mystic arte needs no Overlimit- just a form of cheating. If at any point in time a USER violates the rules, you will deem this violation of rules close enough to using an item, and you may post in the thread, “NO ITEMS EVER!”. You will pound the transgressor and/or a teammate of his to dust without warning, and they will instantly die. The phase will continue as normal.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you end more phases than Dhaos OR modkill someone.

Let's roll.

And so the daunting task began. Almost immediately, a massive beam of light from the sky struck down a large man, yet he seemed unharmed... it would likely be foolish to take on such a behemoth. Still, what good would come of simply sitting about and sleeping on such an eventful night?

"The night that will change our lives... all of us... it is not something we should take lightly!" The voice sounded through the air, at this point indiscernible, towards the one who had already made an attempt to hang the unscathed behemoth by a noose.

"We mustn't act without reason... does anyone have anything they wish to say, for the good of all of us?"

A terrible pun flowed through the air, causing those who were unlucky enough to have it forced upon them. The as yet anonymous speaker wretched over in agony, before regaining composure.

Upon hearing the veiled words of another, the wistful speaker perked up.

"Pretty words? Is this not how one is supposed to speak...? I was certain..." the now troubled voice announced in, slightly shaken.

~~ I who stand in the full light of the heavens... ~~

Nobody break the rules. I want Snike to make Rein lose

Alright children, gather 'round. It's been a while since I've played and I know you miss my abundant knowledge and skill, so I have decided to pepper the game with some of it to keep you sated.

At present you are prabably riddled with a post restriction. These are limitations to your ability (and sometimes even your inability!) to communicate with players in the game. A post restriction can be subtle, the likes of which can be subverted with clever exploitation of available posting resources, including but not limited to unusual color choice, intermixing relevant and irrelevant post content regarding the restriction and even conforming to the restriction in a way that makes it appear to be casual posting. This can be advantageous for the purpose of concealing one's identity further by hiding a clue which may have been found in the particular restriction's requirements upon discovery by other players. Unfortunately, some post restrictions are blatantly obvious and serve as an incredible burden to the players who have them. Especially genius players may survive the burden, however...

Sometimes post restrictions can be enforced by players' roles. In many cases the type of restriction is static and the role which assigns it can only choose the target, not the form of the restriction. Sometimes there are roles with wider, and perhaps nearly unbounded range of restrictive stipulations to choose from. These roles can be particularly nasty as they can completely deny the target the ability to effectively play during phases in which posting in the thread is crucial for them, or worse, coerce the target into posting something they shouldn't.

You're welcome, my children

~~ ...call upon thee who openeth the gates of hell... ~~

Alright children, gather 'round. It's been a while since I've played and I know you miss my abundant knowledge and skill, so I have decided to pepper the game with some of it to keep you sated.

while I admit you have some slight talent in comedy, I suggest that you -or any other player for that regard- would cease this foolish line of thinking that assumes you have the right to call yourself better player than the rest of these idiots. That right is reserved to me for obvious reason. thou Im sure you will sooner or later come asking it as your sad excuse of brain wont figure it out...

pretty words that some may actually find usefull as they lack my perfect understanding of mafia

I suppose you too assume this makes people think you contribute

I need to start remembering what kind of idiots Im dealing with

This reminds me.

The Misfits are town. Adversaries are not. Just giving people the heads up.

Edited by Snike

Oh my. Post restrictions. Isn't this seriously the best thing ever? I just can't wait to figure out whether I can discern the clever methods others come up with for hiding theirs, or to invent some ingenious plans of my own. For the purely suppositional case of my perhaps finding myself so encumbered, either now or in the future.

Also, I have no idea who anyone is due to having never played a Tales game. Don't hold this against me, guys. Especially when I manage to come out on the winning side regardless. :)

Tales of Vesperia... Meh, I definitely need to buy a Wii. Problem is, it's too expensive here (800 bucks, THE HELL).

Just don't kill me first, Mr. Mafia doods

Yo, Origin, if you're gonna randomly pop in, sign up~!

In other news, I've asked our lovely, sleepy mods a question regardin' my PM. Until they give me a friggin' answer, don't expect me to post much. Also, no be alarmed if I start writin' li' dis.