Rate the Unit, Day 15: Ephraim

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Eirika: 7.34

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

not even bias could prevail over our righteous cause

colm > joshua! ta ha ha!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome up to promotion, the horse ruins him IMO.

solid stats, lance is a useful weapon type, his own prf holy twin weapon.

can't go wrong with him, better than his twin sister at least.

7/10

Oooooohhh~!

It's the second lord of the game, and he's only deadly recipe made for destruction indeed!

Okay, so he joins us with his two knights and a freakin' traitor; being Kyle and Forde are the only things he'll compete with for the EXP in that chapter; anyways... He comes in with his lovely PRF spear, the Reginleif which already is crazy once you're using it! I mean... He either ORKO's Cavaliers or Armors... If not... 2RKO!

Since he's using Lances, he has also access to 2-range right off the bat in comparison to Sword-locked Eirika; and also he's fairly durable compared to his twin sister. Another thing that really makes Ephraim good is his wide access to numerous support options and being most of them are boosting his ATK and CRIT! (Eirika, L'Arachel, Forde and Tana) which already makes him nuts!

By the time you reach C16; which is the promotion chapter of the twins, he gains a pony! Combine that access to 2-range and a pony? As in all-out enemy phase while having high MOV? Complete craziness!

Alright, also after C16, he gets his Siegmund, which he can use for massive Mortyslaying and reaching S-rank in Lances means he can also use Vidofnir! OMGWTFBBQ!

Of course, his downside... Likely the EXP competition on his joining chapter (although he's likely to get like... most of them) and if you chose Eirika route, you won't be seeing him for a while until C15; and his RES is kinda poopy although that is resolved by a Barrier staff or Pure Water (if there is any).

My verdict?

8.5 he gets the +1.5 for having access to 2-range right off the bat; combined with a crazy support pool and being on a pony, which is large plus points for me! He loses a little bit of the score if you choose Eirika route.

Edited by Le Ultimate Failure

ephraim is shit in eir route 1/10

Seriously though, pretty great dude. Promotes a little late but he can pick the levels up from there, and he's got good stats all around. The problem is his game really only starts in C8 in Eph route, and in ph route you get shit like Duessel (And Seth!), so he's a good unit who's unfortunately on the same team with gamebreakers.

7.75/10, because 7.5 is too low and 8 is too high, IMO.

It's weird because I think he's pretty awesome early, but then he sort of isn't as impressive, even after he gets a horse. I dunno, maybe it's the promoted SPD cap or something, not that it's that awful. He also has some serious problems when he comes in late on the Eirika Route. Still, broken Prf, extremely powerful, reasonably durable, eventually has a horse. 8/10?

I should probably dock points for being sexually interested in his sister and/or underage dragons, but I won't.

If Eirika route, where are you brother?

Great lord who promotes to the class of Great Lord. Strong lances and mount make him an easy powerhouse. Good supports keep him pushing hard.

7/10, only because my 8.5 Eph route and 5.5 Eir route average our to 7.

7/10, only because my 8.5 Eph route and 5.5 Eir route average our to 7.

I'm going to count this as 8.5 because

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

1/10 don't exist in Eir :P

Only issue is availability and no mount before promo, his stats are pretty awesome and lances are awesome and he's good at killing shit. And he gets a horse on promotion anyway. 8.5/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

He tends to suck for me really bad. Specially If I go eph route, which ive done like 3 times and hes always awful in every stat and gets killed in phantom ship. He also caused the first reset of the no resets draft in 5x...I only give him few points because of that lance. 3/10

Well, since this is Ephraim Mode, I'll give the dude a 9/10. Obviously he's got great availability (on Ephraim Mode), he's probably your best foot unit (and one of your better units overall), and has the Regenlief which is Wolf Beil Levels of Awesome.

So yeah, 9/10.

I'm going to count this as 8.5 because

Then I accept your idea if him being best on his own route, though I prefer to have Eirika be the forced lord, because then you can deploy Ephraim on different (read, better) tiles at the beginning of all chapters that aren't Final.

I have only played Eirika route once though, but being able to move my 1~2 range unit ahead of Eirika (based on where she is forced to be deployed) is definitely a luxury.

Edited by Elieson

8/10

Ephraim has solid bases and even better growth. And unlike most other lords, he's locked into a decent weapon type. I'd say the only thing he's missing is a mount prior to promotion.

Ephraim is the second best GBA lord. That's enough for me.

But he's pretty awesome statwise. He has Regenleif which is gamebreaking, and he also has some amazing supports (full attack on almost every one IIRC). Plus, he gets a pony after promotion.

8.5/10 because I don't like him as a character. So he was 9.5/10 before.

dammit Lumi beat me to it

anyway

Ephraim is a pretty cool guy, he has excellent bases and growths, an incedibly broken PRF weapon, and unlike his sister, access to 1-2 range. People complain about his caps, but unless you're doing creature campaign, he's going to double everything forever anyway.

oh yeah and Siegmund is pretty broken too

8/10

also one time when he rejoined in Eirika's route he had 9 strength and I was really mad.