Rate the Unit, Day 19: Rafiel

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends, between 2200 and 2300 EST. Do the math for your timezone if your in a different place!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Ragnell" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Richter withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Sigh... This was really abandoned. It had to be up to me again to revive this... dry.gif

If anybody is willing to take over, Do it! I'll take over for the time-being!

So anyways, We have Rafiel to Rate today! His movement isn't that great but He can make 4 People take an extra Turn on Both Transformation Phases. I recommend you don't let him Transform since it hinders his ability to climb ledges! If Movement is a problem, Give Him Celerity and Boots if you need to! I give this guy a 9.5/10

Averages: (Now Rounded to the Nearest Hundredth)

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Tormod: 3.28

Ilyana: 3.75

Tauroneo: 4.50

Maurim: 4.72

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Zihark: 7.44

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

I give him a 8.5/10. He's the best endgame heron for most purposes, but he has some problems before that. 1-8? Swamp. He's only really going to be helping Volug and Nailah, which is good, but not wtfamazing. He's certainly a big help in 1-E, but people have to ferry him up first. 4-1's a big open field and he's good here. In 4-4, there's a lot of corridors and ledges, so he's probably not going to fully make us of his 4 person refresh, usually only 2 or 3 units.

but I like him, so I'll give him a half a point of bias. so 9/10

edit: what the hell? Nailah over Sothe? wtf are you guys smoking. tell me where to get it

Edited by CR-S01

Rafiel, the lost heron prince. Travels with Nailah.

Pros:

O_o

Can refresh four units untransformed.

Ok base level.

Around for DB chapters.

Hes pretty.

Cons:

:unsure:

Still dies in a swift breeze.

Bad movement.

Transformation is useless.

Not around much.

Rafiel is kinda cool. Hes actually really great when he shows up though. His joining chapter is pretty against him since he cant really go anywhere from his starting point to get your guys moving more. But the chapter hes in after that, hes almost gr9mazing. So goddamn handy to have. From refreshing your guys to get to Jarod faster and stomp shit, to even just constantly chanting folks like Fiona for training. All of the above. But he has a lot of trouble keeping up with the team to do his job better. Transformation is....so pointless. He cant fly so yeah, and he cant even climb! I personally dont see why they even bothered. (seeing him hop around as a heron is hilarious though.) So just...dont transform him. He could probably survive something better in heron form but not much. He disappears until part four more or less. I mean, hes around during part 3 for story reasons but yeah, not on your team. In 4-4, hes doing some hilarious shizz though. Like recruiting Oliver in the most hilarious fashion. Hes also useful there but still...Rafiel hates ledges.

Personally, i dig Reyson wayyy more. I even like Leanne better because Canto.

7.5/10.

Hes just amazing. Refreshing four units at once is very useful. He has availability issues but hes around in the toughest maps and is the best endgame heron. 10/10

Rafiel ... Isn't this guy just laguz Elphin?

Technically, If you look at it from one angle, like all revival units, (is that what you call them?) his offense mirrors that of the people he revives. From that angle, he'll usually have excellet offense, (you don't revive someone usless) but his defense is still pathetic. He's the best at what he does, I'll give him that. But seriously, on easy mode he got ORKO'd by every guy that got to him on chapter 8(One of my least favorite chapters)

All in all, I give him a 6.5/10, including -.5 bias for putting me through the grief of having to convince my friends that Rafiel was a guy name, becaue they were so convinced he was a chick.

8/10. Herons are always nice to have, but Rafiel suffers from lower availability than his siblings. And while he can refresh four people at once, low movement makes it hard to take advantage of, as do the circumstances that some of his chapters present (admittedly, he can use Celerity and/or the Boots to alleviate the movement issues). In 1-8, he starts with Volug and Nailah, and 4-1 has fog of war.

Rafiel. Some of his best qualities come from his ability to refresh four units, which is a big help, ESPECIALLY in the Dawn Brigade chapters, and even moreso Part one endgame, where you kind of have to move to get some stuff done, like stop the thieves. Even so, he has his bad parts. Always being stuck at 5 move kind of sucks, and transforming does little except raise his stats (and, in chapters where there are ledges, he can't climb them while transformed). Plus, there's the whole "No Canto" thing. Also, he has glass bones and paper skin, and dies if you shout too loud, like the other herons, pretty much. But that isn't really that bad, because of his purpose.

All in all, he's decent. Nice to have around

8.5/10

In 4-4, hes doing some hilarious shizz though. Like recruiting Oliver in the most hilarious fashion. Hes also useful there but still...Rafiel hates ledges.

Personally, i dig Reyson wayyy more. I even like Leanne better because Canto.

7.5/10.

Shocked me too.

As I saw nothing but evil within him when he is only obsessive with art. =)

like stop the thieves.

Not like that they appear in any other chapter.

-----

Everything said above. Not being able to Canto and having 5 Mov, and having badder availability than the other two really does hurt his usefulness. Otherwise, good for not needing to transform to get up to 4 allies another turn.

8/10

Edited by リンダ

NM

8/10

HM

8/10

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

Can you even read Properly? One rating for One Specific Difficulty!

Doesn't need transformation to be usefull. Sadly prior to endgame he won't be as usefull as reyson. In endgame however he's the best making 1-turns so much more easy.

Done prefixes on every single vote in every thread to go by the HM votes that I have done to some threads in both NM and HM.

He is available for a whole 2 chapters in part 1. And another 2 whole chapters in part 4. Optional availability on endgame. I think Rafiel's score really depends upon if you us him end game or not. If you do not use him, he is not contributing much. As mentioned, his first appearance is used only for Nailah and Volug. So after that, he gets used in a few more chapters. Two chapters make his transformation useless. He probably is the best for endgame though due to the 4 square movement off of turn 1. I'm not really sure who else you could give celerity to other than Rafiel during endgame and get the best usage out of it. But the lack of canto is honestly not that big of a deal. Utilize 3-4 revitalized people and you can clear out a path ahead and make up for the lack of canto.

9.0/10