Why did you edit someone else's post instead of just posting

because she's a power hungry beast :S god

she's also weird and isn't cool at all

Grapefruits everywhere:

You love me. >:)

Edited by ePamplemouss

• 5 weeks later...

I have changed the links to the animations I've submitted

Ephiwood - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35795576/Animations/Ephiwood%20Animation%20by%20MarkyJoe1990%20and%20eJubs.zip

Female Shaman (Fixed) - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35795576/Animations/Female%20Shaman.zip

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, is there a tutorial for inserting these anywhere, and is there a way to increase the number you can insert or do you have to overwrite an old animation? I just wanna know because I haven't seen any tutorials for this around this section and the OP of this topic would be a good place to put a tutorial.

Okay, is there a tutorial for inserting these anywhere, and is there a way to increase the number you can insert or do you have to overwrite an old animation? I just wanna know because I haven't seen any tutorials for this around this section and the OP of this topic would be a good place to put a tutorial.

1. Open your ROM in FEeditor.

2. Go to the Class Animation Manager (if you have already edited your ROM with Nightmare or other programs and you can't access this area, just save your ROM in FEeditor and reopen it. This should fix the checksum)

tut1.png
2a. If you want to insert a new animation instead of replacing an older one, just up the Max Index by 1. In that case, C9 -> CA. *backup your ROM before doing this, we never know what might happen!*
2b. Manually write your new index here.
2c. Insert a new animation.
tut2.png
3.The animation file is usually... well, a "File". It doesn't have any particular extension.
3b. Save your rom.
4. Now you have to tell the game that you want to play X animation while using Y character.
You can do that with the apposite Nightmare Module, but we'll do it in hex 'cause we're cool.
Jokes apart, that Module has a limited amount of entries, and you might need more-- you can write whatever you want in hex so just do it.
4a. Open your ROM in HxD (or any other hex editing program) and search for some free space in the ROM. If you don't know where your free space is, just check the Known Free Space.txt that comes with FEeditor documentation.
tut3.png
4b. Fill your entries in the Nightmare Module. It's very intuitive but I'll explain it anyway: the first byte refers to the weapon you want to use. The second byte specifies if the weapon you selected is an "All kind of weapons, for example All Swords or Disarmed" or a "specific weapon, for example a Rapier". The third byte tells which animation should play when the conditions of the two previous bytes are met. If you inserted your custom animation in FEeditor in index 0xCA, for example, just select CA. If the conditions aren't met (meaning that you have a character that can use a sword but your class isn't programmed to play an animation for swords) the game usually uses the map animation automatically.
Note: If you're sticking with the Module instead of HxD, remember to put 0 instead of 255 in the Separator area.
Note2: If you want to use Axes, remember that Hand Axe, Trainee Axe(FE8) and Tomahawk should be programmed separately since they have their own animation.
4c. If you're using the HxD method, you just have to transcribe what you've written in the Module in hex.
The red circles in the pic are pretty self-explanatory. The orange circle refers to the whole animation.
always put 00 between one animation and another
always have an animation for Disarmed units
always end your whole animation with 00 00 00
5. Now you have to make your class use the animation you've just programmed. Open the Class Editor Module.
5b. Select your class and scroll until you find "Battle Animation Pointer". In some new versions of this Module, this pointer uses a scroll bar instead of a free space to write your own stuff. Make sure you're using an old version of the Module with the manually insertable offset like the one in the following screen:
tut4.png
5c. See where you've inserted your data in the ROM in HxD: in this case, B2D4C0. If your offset only has 6 numbers, just add a 8 before it and write that into Nightmare. If it has 7 numbers, add 8 to the first one (in hex. 1+8= 9, 2+8=A).
6. Save and enjoy your new animation!
Edited by Alfred Kamon

5c. See where you've inserted your data in the ROM in HxD: in this case, B2D4C0. If your offset only has 6 numbers, just add a 8 before it and write that into Nightmare. If it has 7 numbers, add 8 to the first one (in hex. 1+8= 9, 2+8=A).

This part is confusing me, just a tad. Can you elaborate on this?

More specifically, it states that if the offset has 6 or 8 numbers, and I don't know what that means. What would it look like with 8 numbers instead of 6?

And also

add 8 to the first one

I'm not sure what "one" is referring to. Edited by Klok

(First off, it states that the offset will have either 6 or 7 numbers, not 6 or 8.)

If the offset was, say, 00B4C4, it would become 800B4C4.

If it was, say, 400C24C, you would add 8 to the first-most digit and replace it with the result. That is, 4(hex) + 8(hex) = C -> C00C24C.

As for the animation insertion thing, it's already got a tutorial, just not in a resource thread. It's in the Ultimate Tutorial.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Thanks Glenn.

And an error to report in the OP for Fuzz to fix later.

c907ef8513d1a04f3b32ce859117bb17.png

What a beautiful female mercenary. Very feminine.

Also if I wanted to insert a class from FE8 (I am aware of the cape glitch just fyi) then all I'd have to do is open up a FE8 rom and rip the animations, right?

Edited by Klok

Anyone know why the Armored Brigand fucks up on return frames? It attacks, hits, calcs damage, returns to standing, then the game freezes. I only tested this with a handaxe but I think it may happen with a regular axe too. Any suggested fixes?

The animation works fine except for the return frame, therefore the error lies in the animation script itself. I have no idea how that works as I just insert and pray. If someone else wants to download it and examine it for errors then that's their call.

Just open up the script, go to where the frame appears (ctrl+f it) and make sure the necessary commands are there.

You can use the 0x85 command doc that comes with feditor to see what commands are relevant eg C01, C0D, C0E etc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...