FEditor Animations V2

fuzz94

i have no idea why it's not posted here; it's probably the oldest public animation fix

--> here

Thanks.

Edit: Hmm odd, it seems the animation for that can only be added to pre existing animations, I have to replace one to insert it or else I get an error.

Edited by glass124

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you're talking about; the animation is ready to insert(as in you're inserting the .file into feditor and not running frames and a script through the animation creator)

I'll be frank here, I've had FEditor for less the twenty four hours, I'm figured out how to insert pre made stuff animation by animation but the kind of file the king is I don't really know what to do with. I've read through about three tutorials and I've never seen it mentioned.

If you can insert any animation, you can insert this one because it operates exactly the same.

Feditor -> Animation inserter -> find an index -> select "Import" -> find the an animation file that has no extension(aka .file) -> click it -> voila

If you can insert any animation, you can insert this one because it operates exactly the same.

Feditor -> Animation inserter -> find an index -> select "Import" -> find the an animation file that has no extension(aka .file) -> click it -> voila

I think I see the problem. The FEditor I have in fact does not have a tool called animation inserter.

tumblr_nd94t4oe281tadjqlo1_500.png

I don't know, maybe I'm being stupid and it's the thing in the back there.

By the way I really am sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

...where did I say this?

and I remembered incorrectly, it's the animation manager("animation inserter doesn't actually exist)

Well that sucks because the animation manager is what I have been trying to use. There's only a singe script that plays all of the animations.

Edit: I went ahead and made my own thread in hacking questions for this.

Edited by glass124

Hmmm cool, wonder if someone could make fe8 rangers use spears instead of swords? That sounds like a cool promotion for them.

That's actually already been done, just for whatever reason it hasn't been released yet.

On another note, did this ever get released or is it still hidden away somewhere?

So after a couple days of trying to get those animations for the king to work I decided to try them in Fire Emblem Seven, I then found out that Fire Emblem Eight and Seven use completely different animation modules and that I probably should have mentioned I was trying to add them to Fire Emblem Eight not Seven.

Can the King even work in Fire Emblem Eight?

Edited by glass124

Use FEditor, not the... animation modules... those don't have anything to do with insertion. You will likely wish to find an empty spot in your rom and set up animation references for the animation, but in any case that has nothing to do with the animation actually "working".

Yes it can it should just insert normally

Use FEditor, not the... animation modules... those don't have anything to do with insertion. You will likely wish to find an empty spot in your rom and set up animation references for the animation, but in any case that has nothing to do with the animation actually "working".

Okay, I don't get it. I did everything the exact same as I have been doing it, I inserted the animation, made a class animation for it, linked it to Seth so I could test it.

Normally it would either just map screen attack or freeze when trying to play the animation.

This time it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help guys, problem resolved. (I still don't know what I was doing wrong but oh well.)

Anyone feel like making an axe bonewalker animation (And possibly even map sprites)? Preferably a sheet and FEditor format.

I'll pay $10 if anybody takes it up. I can go a little higher if you need the money. I figure it should be a fairly simple edit, the handaxe frames are the only real hard part.

Anyone feel like making an axe bonewalker animation (And possibly even map sprites)? Preferably a sheet and FEditor format.

Almost not worth posting, but I did these forever ago:

3hbLN4l.png

open source, if anyone finds these remotely helpful

I haven't sprited in a while, and have other commitments to see to first when I finally take it up again. But if you're not particular on the time, it might be done eventually. Difficulty of creating it shouldn't be too high, depending on how closely you make it follow the sword or lance animations. Placement might be a pain, and it doesn't look like the monster animations are on bwdyeti's website. But very little customization required most likely.

I haven't been able to make map sprites I like yet.

EDIT: forgot the word worth

Edited by deranger

Alfred:
Don't worry, there is a diference between being demolished by some words and being polite, and in my case it need way more to make me feel bad more than a few hours. I'm glad that the "argue" conserning my offer ended in pepole doing the exact same to help creating new ressources, at least is started something useful, it is quite a ironic situation but anyway, all around my actions in this forum seems akward so it's not surprizing ^^"

Conserning the comunity reputation I heard about it way before joining (that's why I was out unless I needed some author permission from here) but the more I "argue" with you guys, the more I see that it's not free rudeness, most of you want to improve the comunity, but with youngsers, trolls and thiefs around it make a big tension so I can understand the comunity mindset, somehow.

But you guys are somehow right about organization, it can be improved. There should be three threads to have full efficientness about the database:
One type, "closed for answers" what is the actual list of usable material, like an official database, instead of multiples threads when one is too long.
One type for the usable content subbmission, so, the "ready to use" formats.
(Maybe one thread for each format, also same for the databases, since FEeditor and FExp have not the same sheet format)
One for the general sheet and framing donation and requests, since they are not in a particular hacking format and are in a easy to edit format.

Organized like this, maybe the comunity can provide Hackers and Makers a good sprite database with no ambiguity about what content are open source, or still in progress, and also in a way promote teamwork between hackers and spriters instead of completly separate the hack and sprite sections, because there is a diference between posting a "hack only" subject like a game project, and doing teamwork to create graphical ressources.

------------------------------------

Back to the topic. Klok and Derenger, maybe using the prototype bonewalker could help if you want a "unique" critical move, but the regular sword one have a good moveset too. I have a little break on Lord Wolfram's project when I finish chapter 3's mods, since they have to do the senario/programing part, so I can handle this sheet if Derenger have other things to do. Like it was said, it need not that much edition, just replacing the sword by an axe and a little pose edition to fit the new move.