QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

My favourite music? I like alternative rock, lots of classical, and some pop songs, and I hate anything with autotune. I dislike most country, but I love Johnny Cash music, my dad would play it all the time and I just feel nostalgic when I listen to it. I also like a lot of video game music, a habit I wish to break out of, but I guess I like it the same reason I like classical so much, I love instruments more often than vocals, and I love recognizing the different instruments. My mom praised me the other night for knowing she was watching a movie with John Williams as the composer, just by listening to the first few seconds of the score.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's wrong with liking video game music? it's got more heart put into it than music like justin bieber's or miley cyrus'.

I guess, but sometimes I just feel I like it because it's from a game I liked, and I'm not giving an unbiased opinion. I don't generally like music from games I dislike. (except Skyrim)

I guess, but sometimes I just feel I like it because it's from a game I liked, and I'm not giving an unbiased opinion. I don't generally like music from games I dislike. (except Skyrim)

so? haha, music is very subjective. you like things you like for different reasons than someone else likes what they like. if you feel a game's soundtrack decreases in quality because the game itself isn't good, then so be it. granted, i think that is a little unfair, but it's none of my business anyway.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Orchestras don't usually have/require electric guitar solos

I like the intersection between classical orchestras and metal guitar/base instrumentation. Fits together really well imo.

orchestra is a genre?

a symphony isn't an instrumental group, it's a musical form that symphonic rock songs don't actually conform to because of the way symphonies are arranged in time. orchestral metal or metal w/ orchestra sounds more appropriate.

Ones that speak to my soul.

Usually game music that has been associated with emotional moments while playing that game.

Like so:

Also Yuki freakin Kajiura

This. All of the this.

Like seriously, Yuki is off the chart.

And this:

Edited by shadowofchaos

This is ALL pinkbubblegum's fault.

My criteria for "stuff I like" must fulfill the following:

1. A melody I can wrap my head around

2. Instrumentation that doesn't irritate me

3. Lyrics that don't make me want to throw my Bible at it

Thus, I listen to a lot of stuff, ranging from trance to certain J-Pop songs to rock to melodic ethnic music to. . .yeah. Also, this:

(I will shamelessly advertise this song until I find something better. . .still haven't found anything better)

Much of the music I like is about twice as old as I am, or a bit younger. So about '70s - '80s.

So, like, rock, and pop and other stuff; I don't even know what specific genres the music I like falls into. So, Boston, Ambrosia, Asia, The Alan Parsons Project, Styx, Phil Collins, B-52s, etc.; all that Good Stuff.

Also I'm huge a sucker for cool/strong rhythms/beats.

Classical is pretty awesome as well, and there's plenty of video game music I like.

And a special mention goes to "Never Gonna Give You Up", because I actually rather like that one. Maybe even a lot.

Also Yuki freakin Kajiura

Out of all her works so far, barring Kalafina, my favorite has to be the Madoka OST. It's just so gooood...! I've always liked her music, with some of my favorites being her work on .hack and Xenosaga but I just felt that her Madoka OST was something else entirely. I really like how delicately somber the songs are. So fitting with the anime's theme u n u

Chin up, Zidane...!

And what IX fan doesn't know this track? I'm sure it's universally accepted that people keep the game at the main menu just so you can hear the song for a few seconds haha. There's also Melodies of Life. Such a nice songgg.

I'm personally really fond of this track as well. (I-I really like Beatrix)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoeJ4wpwN5g

YES...! Aw man, the themed Suikoden collection albums are all so great. I'm really happy you like them haha. Same with Nier! Such a great game, with an equally great OST ; u ;

Edited by pinkbubblegum

WOW that was a great turnout. Next question!

If you could meet one or more person(s) from the past, who would he/she/they be?

Personally, I would go for meeting a bunch of people from some ancient past so I could compare the differences between us. No famous people here.

On second thought, maybe a philosopher like Socrates. Meh.

Edited by Interest

Funny, I'm a History/Education major, but no one came to my mind. I think it would be simply divine to sit through one of Cicero's ragerants though, I would be thoroughly enthralled.

Or maybe Guan Yu, so I can stroke his beard.

Disney. Walt Disney. I don't have to pick anyone else, that's my first and favorite option right there.

Of course... I would also like to wander around Ancient Greece and Rome, pick up the stories they share and their thoughts and ideals, watch history unfold itself at my feet.

But yeah, going with Disney.

This is a really hard question. There are so many people from the past that would be really worth meeting. I'm reading the Oresteia right now, so maybe one of the Greek playwrights so I can get copies of all the plays we've lost while I'm there? Because that's easier than deciding between guys like Socrates, Da Vinci, Shakespeare, Bach, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Edit: Derp, missed the "or more" in the question. Um, everyone maybe?

Edited by Rewjeo

Whatever has decent lyrics and a good beat. . .which is most of the stuff on TERRA's Evolution CD, for starters.

:O

a463838309227648182d0b0cdb9cf904.png

(revolution evolution close enough right)

QOTD i would totally meet jesus

but eh, i guess i'll be doing that eventually anyway

EDIT: oh and *the* mohammed

Edited by Integrity