QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In grade 3, I wrote "spruce" on my desk, because I had problems with that word. Must have messed with my conscious since then, as I remember it clearly, it was my first 100% on a spelling test, and I didn't know how to feel.

I also got my sewing teacher to practically do my sweater project for me in high school by asking her to "show me how to do this stitch". I'm such a horrible person.

I'm such a horrible person.

I'm not so sure if writing one word down for spelling and having someone do your sweater project automatically equates to horrible person xD

I can't really think of a specific example or subject where I did it, but I remember writing a semi-cheat sheet on my hand fan in grade school once, Mulan-style. And there was a time in HS physics class where we had to memorize the formulas for the test but instead of bothering, I wrote them down in pencil on my black pencil case. Good times ;;

Edited by pinkbubblegum

fuck yeah i did

(exactly once i changed the font of a paper from times new roman to courier new or whatever the other font my university finds "acceptable" is because it's a little bulkier)

(EDIT: it's worth noting that this is so borderline cheesy that my english professor actually taught the class to do it when in doubt)

(funny thing: more than once i've turned in a paper in times new roman that was too short)

Edited by Integrity

I have cheated on some assignments, by copying some answers from people. In return i gave those people some answers when they needed it. There were some that i just outright copied (yay online assignments).

I'm not so sure if writing one word down for spelling and having someone do your sweater project automatically equates to horrible person xD

Where I come from, we call it sarcasm.

Did you ever try to cheat or cheese your way through an assignment? This can be something as simple as "lengthening" an essay to be just long enough to submit or something so trivial it won't flat out cause you to fail the class.

A friend and I were swamped and needed a way out of an excessive workload. We learned of a planned fire drill and knew what we would do. When it came close to time for the drill, we asked questions until it happened, believing that this would throw the teacher off and make her forget to ask for homework afterwards.

It worked.

Edited by Makaze

Oh, and I did a mate's assignment for him once. It took me like fifteen minutes to throw together a powerpoint and I didn't bother giving him a speech. I think he got a C.

I've cheated in the past, though not as of yet most recently (and I don't think I will have to). I generally learn through listening to a professor teach. If s/he doesn't put in effort to discuss the topics and rambles about pointless things for two hours, then of course I'll lack remorse in destroying their non-standardized testing routines by looking up the answers and memorizing them.

But then again I don't really have a negative attitude towards cheating in the first place. I'll inwardly smolder at people who cheat on something and do as well as me when it's something I care about, but even then I'll completely understand why they're doing it and wouldn't get in their way. Lazy or not most every college student has to sacrifice in order to gain a degree. The argument that they are there to learn what they'll need in their job is silly unless the topics discussed are highly specific. Even then many strictly career-related courses contain materials that simply are never used in a realistic job scenario.

I dunno. I don't think cheating is that big a deal. It adds up but it takes a lot in my opinion.

Yeah, of course. On countless homework assignments in high school I would get answers from people if I didn't know the answer and I'd try to get help, too.

Cheating on tests is where I draw the line for myself, but I totally understand why people do it. Having so much pressure being put on us for good grades is so lame.