Musical Chairs Mafia, Town Wins, the Mod Loses

NekoRex

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been prodded twice. sorry. When I got my first prod I came in and saw someone at L-1 but didn't take the time to read anything. I'll read and get a post as soon as I wake up today. (Assuming phase isn't ending around then since I'm kind of lost for phase end time and stuff)

Strege's D1 is fine. He holds his Bearclaw vote for a long time but it'd be easy for scum to back down there (eww scumspec) and his responses are generally ok, if sometimes a bit waffly, or fluffy or w/e is the correct term. All this new terminology.

As for what I said about my sense of humur is bad, I meant that if you include joking stuff like that in a defence to me I'm not going to read it jokingly and take it seriously. Just a disclaimer.

##Unvote

##Vote: Gregor

Returning to this. Darros >> Strege > Elie atm.

Also I'm confused, when does phase end? The first post of the day says August 13th 1 AM EST, which is in around 13 more hours, but a post around 7.5 hours ago says there are less than 11 hours left.

Well there's mod clarification that I wasn't hoping for, so I have no idea if I was TARGETTED by the kill (and if the BPV still exists).

Kirsche, why do you not find Kay scummy or at least slightly suspicious?

I don't find her lack of clarification suspicious; it reads to me that she was in a hurry and trying to cover as many topics as she could which is supported by her lack of posts afterwards. As for your argument, not explaining why Strege's vote isn't bad because it was being discussed to death and she's just agreeing with people. Calling her Elie vote out for being brief less than 24 hours into the game is dumb. The only thing is not giving reasoning as to why Terra is dumbtown and not scum when she mentions one or two things about him she finds scummy but that feels minor and could just be gut or something. Not worth a vote.

Strege's vote hadn't really been discussed to death- it was mostly a back and forth between me and him with like a 1-liner from Refa maybe? The Elie vote maybe, but it's worse when you look at the post as a whole and see that her reads are all sort of arbitrary with no explanation given as to why.

We should probably have a counterwagon to switch to if Gregor comes in and defends himself extremely well, or claims tracker which is provable. I would be okay with shifting to Kay, Refa, or Shinori (though I'm really not super inclined to lynch Shinori at the moment because he promised content). Bleh, I'd almost prefer Refa over Kay at this point because I think kirsche's defense is fine. How did we get this far and all my other reads are still lame.

Anyway, what would everyone else's choices be?

Strege's vote hadn't really been discussed to death- it was mostly a back and forth between me and him with like a 1-liner from Refa maybe? The Elie vote maybe, but it's worse when you look at the post as a whole and see that her reads are all sort of arbitrary with no explanation given as to why.

The back and forth goes on for quite a while considering it's just a discussion on a vote, and it's just Kay agreeing with you. I don't see why Kay needs to expand much on that, the reasoning for why it was bad is in the thread and she's agreeing with it but saying that Elie being overdefensive is worse from her perspective which I guess is arbitrary but we all value certain things as more suspicious than others.

Still think she was just trying to get as much out as possible and was just sacrificing detail in the process. We should let her explain herself before coming to a conclusion. You are voting her for a single post she made knowing that she won't be around much to respond to it, can you not see the problem with that?

Forgot someone:

Darros >> Strege > Elie atm.

Changed to Darros > Objection! >> Strege > Elie. Objection has kinda fallen under the radar a little which is why I forgot about him.

Except it's not Kay agreeing with me. I voted for Strege, whereas she just said "Oh it's silly". Silly isn't the same as scummy. The former is something that's more evocative of dumbtown than scum.

Now you're just being pedantic. When someone says X is stupid/silly/bad they usually mean scummy, and given the context (comparing it to Elie's overdefensiveness) it's clear that she was weighing two different scumym actions and saying one is worse than the other.

I still think Kay is scummy, though I'd vote Refa over her for holding his vote and hesitating over Objection without pushing elsewhere (also Refa pls post more read-y stuff when you get a chance). Kay might have been rushing but just presents a bunch of safe and unoriginal opinions and doesn't ask a question relating to reads or push for a response. The post really just says "these few things happened, and here is the order in which I find them scummy". Tonally, there is no uncertainty in the reads or uncertainty expressed in wishes for more content or anything (which is super minor but we're reading off of one post here.) The lack of pushing or originality looks kinda bad when she does actually spend some time on roletalk.

So I think BBM and I would go to Kay as a secondary wagon and SB and kirsche would go to Objection. We should discuss this more, if for no other reason than to have something to talk over.

kirsche, I think the only thing you've pointed out about Objection is his lack of reads/votes. Why do you find him scummy?

I still think Kay is scummy, though I'd vote Refa over her for holding his vote and hesitating over Objection without pushing elsewhere (also Refa pls post more read-y stuff when you get a chance).

wrt the bolded: I mean on Wallcrab. Refa feels rather coasty, there and in general, and more in the "my vote is still justified and we're not consolidating toward a lynch so I won't post reads" way and not the "I'm new and no one is yelling at me so I won't post way" (the latter of course being null).

I am bad at counting at 3 AM. There are 10.5 hours remaining as of this post, sorry to alarm people. If in doubt, trust the post at the start of the day.

Edited by NekoRex

The "Failing Basic Math At 3 AM" Votecount

Kay (1): BBM

Gregor (4): Refa, Elieson, Objection, kirsche (L-2)

Objection! (1): SB,

Voteless Scum: Shinori, Prims, Kay, Gregor, Strege,

In Need Of Subs: Prims

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

There are less then 10.5 hours remaining!

Edited by NekoRex

Must I honestly repeat what everyone already said D1? I can but I'd rather not.

You can say what you find most convincing. We've been going over the same stuff with Kay's content since she's not around and is one of the secondary lynch candidates, and Objection is in the same boat in that respect. Objection will probably be a talking point tomorrow too, barring relevant flips or info or a bunch of activity. You don't have to do it right this second, but I think you've shared very little reasoning for a secondary scumread and I would like something here.