Henry gives 1 more strength than Libra. That doesn't even amount to 1 more full damage point on Apotheosis, I don't think it makes the difference between physically viable and not.

uh

shit

that's true; when I was writing that post I forgot Libra's strength mod is actually neutral

I apologize, I've never actually used Henry!Inigo so I guess I wouldn't know very well

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be good children pairings and final classes? I've decided to go with the generic and get a max-stat morgan in a FeMU run instead....

MaMU +mag/-def (Sage/Dread Fighter) x Chrom!Cynthia (Sage/Dark Flier/Sniper)
Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan (Sage/Dark Flier) x Ricken!Owain (Sage/Dread Fighter)
Sumia!Lucina (Sniper) x Henry!Gerome (Berserker)
Vaike!Nah (Hero) x Frederick!Inigo (Hero)
Stahl!Severa (Dark Flier) x Lon'qu!Brady (Sage)
Donnel!Kjelle (Paladin) x Gregor!Laurent (Sorcerer/Sage) ?????
Gaius!Noire (Sniper) x Virion!Yarne (Berserker)
​Seem to be lacking in Str based roles for guys...
Edited by Duzell

You're a better man than me of you can cope with the Stahl!Severa hair.

Lol it's not that bad...

Also, so Severa should be a physical class? would paladin be okay? then Brady would be a berserker or some other physical class for support reasons...

Also, for inheriting skills, I want to give the children skills that they cannot learn on their own. They are marked in brackets. Are these correct? did I miss any exclusive skills or should I inherit a different exclusive skill than I listed? I might have missed some like how Panne's wyvern rider disappears on Yarne (although Virion provides Wyvern rider so that one is okay)

MaMU +mag/-def (Sage/Dread Fighter) x Chrom!Cynthia (Sage/Dark Flier/Sniper)[Aether, GF]
Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan (Sage/Dark Flier)[Axefaire/Counter/Wrath, Aether] x Ricken!Owain (Sage/Dread Fighter)[Any, GF]
Sumia!Lucina (Sniper)[Aether, GF] x Henry!Gerome (Berserker) [Any, Dual Support, renewal]
Vaike!Nah (Hero)[Axefaire, Any] x Frederick!Inigo (Hero)[Any,GF]
Stahl!Severa (Paladin)[Any,GF] x Lon'qu!Brady (Berserker/Sage) [Any, GF]
Donnel!Kjelle (Paladin)[Counter/Aptitude, Any] x Gregor!Laurent (Berserker/Sorcerer/Sage) [Any, Dual Support]
Gaius!Noire (Dark knight/ sniper)[Counter/Sol, Any] x Virion!Yarne (Berserker)[Any,Any]

​

switch yarne and Laurent probably... It's too hard to copy and paste on my phone >.<

Edited by Duzell

Lol it's not that bad...

Also, so Severa should be a physical class? would paladin be okay? then Brady would be a berserker or some other physical class for support reasons...

Also, for inheriting skills, I want to give the children skills that they cannot learn on their own. They are marked in brackets. Are these correct? did I miss any exclusive skills or should I inherit a different exclusive skill than I listed? I might have missed some like how Panne's wyvern rider disappears on Yarne (although Virion provides Wyvern rider so that one is okay)

MaMU +mag/-def (Sage/Dread Fighter) x Chrom!Cynthia (Sage/Dark Flier/Sniper)[Aether, GF]
Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan (Sage/Dark Flier)[Axefaire/Counter/Wrath, Aether] x Ricken!Owain (Sage/Dread Fighter)[Any, GF]
Sumia!Lucina (Sniper)[Aether, GF] x Henry!Gerome (Berserker) [Any, Dual Support, renewal]
Vaike!Nah (Hero)[Axefaire, Any] x Frederick!Inigo (Hero)[Any,GF]
Donnel!Kjelle (Paladin)[Counter/Aptitude, Any] x Gregor!Laurent (Berserker/Sorcerer/Sage) [Any, Dual Support]
Gaius!Noire (Dark knight/ sniper)[Counter/Sol, Any] x Virion!Yarne (Berserker)[Any,Any]

​

switch yarne and Laurent probably... It's too hard to copy and paste on my phone >.<

Um, yeah... I wouldn't pass down Counter or Wrath if I were you. And in Morgan's case, Axefaire's a waste of a pass-down if you're not ending up in an axe using class...

Lol it's not that bad...

MaMU +mag/-def (Sage/Dread Fighter) x Chrom!Cynthia (Sage/Dark Flier/Sniper)[Aether, GF] Grandmaster is definitely better for MaMU here. Better magic and pairup bonuses.
Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan (Sage/Dark Flier)[Axefaire/Counter/Wrath, Aether] x Ricken!Owain (Sage/Dread Fighter)[Any, GF] Grandmaster is a choice you might want to consider. It's definitely a superior option in no-brave runs at least thanks to pavgis control and the epic pairup bonuses, and she still hits 75 speed in grandmaster with Owain's pairup bonuses. Axefaire's really the only male skill worth passing down in most cases, though it doesn't really matter if you're not using an axe class.
Sumia!Lucina (Sniper)[Aether, GF] x Henry!Gerome (Berserker) [Any, Dual Support, renewal] Galeforce is the only female skill worth passing down, the ones in Valkyrie are garbage, and the ones in the pegasus knight line all have to compete with galeforce.
Vaike!Nah (Hero)[Axefaire, Any] x Frederick!Inigo (Hero)[Any,GF] Be warned their support conversations are hideous.
These three all have physical-magical mod clash. I'd do Kjelle as a bride with Brady as either a Sage or Dread Fighter, Noire as a Dark Knight with Laurent as a Sage, and Severa as a physical class with Berserker Yarne.

​

Question, saw it discussed earlier, is Virion better for Brady than Lon'qu on a challenge run? I'm talking all three, no brave, no dlc, and no brave/no dlc. And do you guys know if any other deceptive pairs like that? And does that arrangement hurt Yarne?

Also, if that is true, where does Lon'qu belong?

Edited by Bunselpower

[spoiler=Inigo analysis]

INIGO

Mother: Olivia

Base mods: 1/1/2/2/1/0/0

Base classes: Mercenary, Myrmidon, Barbarian

With galeforce and great classes right off the bat, Inigo is already pretty good. His only problem is lack of a reliable proc. Any father that can give him Vengeance or Luna is recommended here. His mods also aren't too special, but they do make him rather fast and let him be efficient as either a physical fighter or a magical fighter. He's also my favorite character in the game.

Mods: Varies

New classes: all male classes

Pros: diversity in classes, mod variety, procs

Cons: boring Morgan

He's really similar to Owain in that none of his other fathers make him truly amazing, but still not a great use for the avatar. All he really wants is a proc, and a bunch of other fathers provide that to him without making Morgan boring. Olivia!Morgan is better than most of the other 2nd Gen!Morgans, because her mods make it so she's fairly fast and both Morgan and Inigo can either be physical or magical. So it's not the best use of the avatar, but it's definitely not the worst. 6/10

Chrom!Inigo

Mods: 2/1/3/3/2/-1/-1

New classes: Cavalier, Archer

Pros: Gives luna, proc stacking, good mods, good hair color

Cons: Opportunity cost

Well, Chrom gives a proc, and great classes to work with. He can be a paladin, or a sniper, or a hero, or even a berserker/warrior if needed. It would be easily the best, but unfortunately it means you can't do Chrom x Sumia, which means you have to do Henry x Sumia. This means that Henry can't be used for Gerome or Nah, and Cynthia isn't as amazing as she can be (but as I said, she's still pretty awesome). Other than that opportunity cost, it's the best pairing for Olivia. 8.5/10

Frederick!Inigo

Mods: 3/-1/4/0/1/2/0

New classes: Cavalier, Knight, Wyvern Rider

Pros: Gives luna, proc stacking, diverse classes, no opportunity cost

Cons: a bit slow

Alright, so it is similar to Chrom!Inigo, but it's a bit slower and lacks the ability to go Sniper. However, no other child really wants Frederick as their father, meaning the opportunity cost is basically nonexistent. So it's actually pretty awesome. He's a bit slow, but most likely Inigo will only need enough speed to double the mooks, which he easily gets. I'll say it gets a 8.5/10

Virion!Inigo

Mods: 1/1/4/4/0/-2/0

New classes: Archer, Wyvern Rider, Mage

Pros: good mods, good class diversity

Cons: no proc, opportunity cost

I hate that this pairing isn't that good because it's actually my favorite pairing for both Olivia and Virion. But nevertheless, it's not very good. It doesn't give him the proc he wants, and it steals Virion away from the kids that need him the most. The class choices are pretty good, and he does get tomefaire if you wanted him to be a sage or a dread fighter, but there are so many better options that actually give him a proc that this one is way outclassed. It's a bad waste of Virion, and Inigo doesn't live up to his potential. 2.5/10

Stahl!Inigo

Mods: 3/0/3/2/-1/2/-1

New classes: Cavalier, Archer

Pros: gives a proc, proc stacking, great class choices

Cons: opportunity cost

See Chrom!Inigo, but with slightly less opportunity cost. Looking at the options if you end up doing it, you can either use Lon'qu!Cordelia, which is awesome if you like Vengeance, or not use Nah (which isn't too big of a deal). So the opportunity cost really isn't that bad. 9/10

Vaike!Inigo

Mods: 4/-1/3/3/0/0/-2

New classes: Fighter, Thief

Pros: good mods

Cons: no proc, only new class is trickster (which barely even counts as a class)

I have to hand it to the Vaike: he's very good at making kids bad. I guess he's also good at making them good, but we'll talk about that another time. He doesn't give Inigo a proc, and the only new class he gets is Trickster, which he doesn't have the magic to use, and even if he did, Dread Fighter would be better. One of the four absolutely awful fathers for Inigo. 1/10

Kellam!Inigo

Mods: 2/1/3/0/-1/3/0

New classes: Knight, Priest, Thief

Pros: gives a proc, gives tomefaire and sage, no opportunity cost

Cons: mods aren't very good, really outclassed by other fathers

It's basically Frederick!Inigo, but magical. Magical Inigo can be quite good, but there are other fathers who are so much better than Kellam that this one isn't that great. It has no opportunity cost, because no other child wants Kellam as their father, so that's a good thing. Bottom line is, it's decent, but there are other, way better options for physical, magical, or mixed Inigo. Out of all the fathers that give him a proc, Kellam is the worst. 5/10

Donnel!Inigo

Mods: 2/0/1/1/4/1/-1

New classes: Villager, Fighter

Pros: None

Cons: opportunity cost, no proc, only new class is villager, bad mods

Let's start with all the classes he gets: Wow, villager is going to help out a lot. Fighter, let's see that promotes into hero and warrior... Oh, two classes he already has. He doesn't give a proc, and if you use Donnel for Inigo, you just lost Galeforce on either Kjelle or Noire. There is absolutely no reason to do this pairing if you want your kids to be even somewhat good. 0/10

Lon'qu!Inigo

Mods: 1/1/5/5/1/-2/-2

New classes: Thief, Wyvern Rider

Pros: pretty good mods

Cons: no proc, opportunity cost, not great class choices

It has pretty okay mods, but that's it. No proc, only one new class, and Lon'qu is way better used somewhere else. You really shouldn't do this one either. It's better than Donnel, but not by much. 1/10

Ricken!Inigo

Mods: 0/3/2/2/2/-1/0

New classes: Mage, Cavalier, Archer

Pros: gives a proc, great class choices

Cons: slight opportunity cost

Despite how much I despise this pairing, it's actually pretty good. It gives him the proc he wants, quite a lot of magic, and Sage/Tomefaire for a final class. The mods other than magic are fairly boring, and it does have a bit of an opportunity cost. Ricken is generally considered better for Owain, and you can get a great magic Inigo out of another father with no opportunity cost at all. But if you really like magical Inigo, this one is where you should go. 8/10

Gaius!Inigo

Mods: 2/0/4/4/-1/-1/0

New classes: Thief

Pros: pretty good mods

Cons: serious opportunity cost, trickster as the only new class, no proc

Just like with Owain, this is the worst pairing for Olivia. It forces you to ruin either Kjelle or Noire, it doesn't give a proc, and it doesn't give any new classes besides trickster. The mods are fairly good, but they're nowhere near worth it. 0/10

Gregor!Inigo

Mods: 3/0/4/2/0/1/-2

New classes: none

Pros: none

Cons: pretty much everything

Absolutely no new classes. That's terrible. The only thing that's better than Gaius!Inigo is the fact that the other kids are still redeemable. Don't do this one if you value Inigo at all. 0/10

Libra!Inigo

Mods: 1/2/3/2/0/0/1

New classes: Mage, Dark Mage, Priest

Pros: very diverse magical Inigo, gives a proc, no opportunity cost, HAIR COLOR

Cons: boring mods

One of Inigo's benefits is his ability to work well with fathers like Frederick and Libra and still be able to be amazing. This pairing gives you a very similar Inigo to Ricken!Inigo, but with vengeance instead of luna, and less opportunity cost. The mods are fairly boring, but this is actually one of the better fathers for Inigo. 8/10

Henry!Inigo

Mods: 2/2/4/2/-1/1/-1

New classes: Dark Mage, Thief

Pros: can run berserker really well, diverse options (can go physical, magical, or mixed)

cons: opportunity cost, better specialized physical/magical options

Weirdly enough, this one is actually good as either physical or magical. He gets a proc (vengeance), and anathema for him to use to be a berserker. He also gets a decent magic mod to function well as a mixed class like swordfaire!dark knight or dread fighter. All in all, a very good pairing. However, the opportunity cost is pretty high, and Henry is one of the best fathers in the game. If you don't mind that, it works very well. 8/10

Do you have a link to the info like this for the other children as well? If so I'd really like to take a look at it.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&view=findpost&p=3940834

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&view=findpost&p=3942817

Unfortunately, these are the only ones I have done aside from the Inigo one you saw, but Brady's will hopefully be today (I'm actually preparing for the start of school this week so I don't have too much time)

Edited by Duck

Question, saw it discussed earlier, is Virion better for Brady than Lon'qu on a challenge run? I'm talking all three, no brave, no dlc, and no brave/no dlc. And do you guys know if any other deceptive pairs like that? And does that arrangement hurt Yarne?

No Brave: Lon'qu's definitely better, particularly for Dread Fighter (when using both an Aegis+ and a Pavise+ weapon, a faire is rather pointless and so you'll want astra).

No DLC: The archer tree provides two almost identically powerful hit boosting skills, definitely something to consider.

No Brave / No DLC: Not sure, but probably Virion.

Edited by Alastor15243

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&view=findpost&p=3940834

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&view=findpost&p=3942817

Unfortunately, these are the only ones I have done aside from the Inigo one you saw, but Brady's will hopefully be today (I'm actually preparing for the start of school this week so I don't have too much time)

Thank you :) Please let me know once Brady's is done. And I know how you feel I have two Finals in two weeks and a Final next week, and already need to prepare for next quarter... Oh College.

Edited by Drentar

Me: *has a lot of summer work due tomorrow*

Me: *writes a pairing guide for Brady*

[spoiler=Brady analysis]

BRADY

Mother: Maribelle

Mods: -2/3/2/1/4/-2/3

Base classes: Priest, Cavalier, Mage

First of all, I'd like to give props to Brady for having one of my top five favorite critical quotes in the game: "I'd pray if I were you!!!" I don't know what it is about this one, maybe just the way he says it? I don't know, it's not relevant. This one should be fairly straightforward, as Brady is the first child we've looked at that actually has pretty much everything a guy could ask for. For some reason, one of Maribelle's classes changes to cavalier for Brady. That's a HUGE deal because it provides him with something Owain and Inigo can only dream of: Luna right off the bat. He also gets galeforce from his mommy, which makes him one of the best male units in the game, and he starts with the sage class. So you might be asking: what does Brady even want? The simple answer is: mods. All he needs is mods to help out his speed or magic, and he's golden. Let's see who can help him out with that.

New classes: All male classes

Pros: diversity in classes/mods

Cons: boring Morgan, Brady gets everything he wants from other fathers

The avatar provides so much good stuff, but Brady already has so much good stuff. Obviously it's good because it's the avatar, but why waste your avatar on someone so good when you can use him on someone who needs his classes? Or why make Morgan meh from Maribelle when you can make her amazing with someone else? There's just not much reason to do this pairing unless you really love Maribelle/Brady (which I can understand) 5/10

Chrom!Brady

Mods: -1/3/3/2/5/-3/2

New classes: Archer

Pros: Lucina is good for challenge runs

Cons: opportunity cost, eh mods

What does Brady want? Mods. Chrom's aren't bad, but they're not great. It's definitely an alright pairing due to the magical Luina, but for Brady, it's definitely bland. Obviously he's still pretty damn good, but he can be so much better with other fathers. 5/10

Frederick!Brady

Mods: 0/1/4/-1/4/0/3

New classes: Knight, Wyvern Rider

Pros:..wyvern rider?

Cons: shit mods

While the only really con here is bad mods, that's actually a very big deal for Brady, since all he wants is for someone to improve his mods. Frederick ruins his two most important stats: magic and speed. Don't do it. 1/10

Virion!Brady

Mods: -2/3/4/3/3/-4/3

New classes: Archer, Wyvern Rider

Pros: Great mods, +hit skill for challenge runs

The only real opportunity cost that comes from this pairing is losing Virion for Yarne/Gerome, but they are still redeemable easily. Besides, this pairing is fantastic. It gives Brady a lot of speed to work with, as well as providing him with two new classes to play around with. Sniper's Hit +20 is great for challenge runs where hit rate is a big deal, and deliverer from Griffon Rider is just a helpful skill to have if you have space for it. Most importantly however, the mods are fantastic. Virion does not hurt his magic at all, and gives him a large amount of speed. All in all, a great pairing. In some cases, it might be actually the best pairing for Brady. 9/10

Stahl!Brady

Mods: 0/2/3/1/2/0/2

New classes: Myrmidon, Archer

Pros: Astra

Cons: bland mods, opportunity cost

Did you ever think Stahl would be bad for someone? Here you go. Stahl hurts Brady's magic and doesn't really help his speed, so there go the main things Brady wants. He also can be amazing on many other kids, as we've talked about, so he's a complete waste here. Don't do this one. 2/10

Vaike!Brady

Mods: 1/1/3/2/3/-2/1

New classes: Fighter, Barbarian, Thief

Pros: ...new classes?

Cons: terrible mods, opportunity cost

I swear, Vaike is a good father for some children. But for now, oh god. He provides a bunch of nice physical classes that Brady will never be interested in using. Oh! That reminds me, I haven't really talked about Vaike's opportunity cost. Vaike's male classes convert to Knight and Mercenary if he has a daughter. Meaning if he has a son, these great classes go to waste. And thenVaike obviously ruins Brady's magic mod and doesn't really help his speed either. It's pretty awful. 0/10

Kellam!Brady

Mods: -1/3/3/-1/2/1/3

New classes: Knight, Thief

Pros: doesn't hurt magic, zero opportunity cost

Cons: that speed

I suppose Kellam doesn't hurt Brady's magic, but Brady actually cares more about speed than magic, and Kellam screws that up. It's not the worst, but it's definitely not good. The only good thing is the fact that Kellam has absolutely zero opportunity cost to using him. 3.5/10

Donnel!Brady

Mods: -1/2/1/0/7/-1/2

New classes: Villager, Mercenary, Fighter

Pros: ...hits 50 luck for armsthrift?

Despite being lucky enough to win the lottery twice in a row, this Brady is pretty terrible. Donnel's mods clash in the worst sense with Maribelle's, and that's the one thing a father for Brady should not do. .1/10

Lon'qu!Brady

Mods: -2/3/5/4/4/-4/1

New classes: Myrmidon, Wyvern Rider, Thief

Pros: utterly fantastic mods, proc stacking

Cons: none

Does he hurt magic? Nope. Does he help speed? Hella. Does he give any good new skills for Brady? Yes, he can now proc stack. Do you have any other choices for baes? Kinda, but they have better options. This pairing is fantastic. It gives Brady everything he could ever wish for. His speed is awesome, his magic isn't hurt, and he gets some fun new skills to try out such as astra and deliverer. I can't stress enough how good this one is. 9.5/10

Ricken!Brady

Mods: -3/5/2/1/5/-3/3

Pros: high magic

Cons: low speed, opportunity cost

Well, he has awesome magic, and that is it. His speed isn't very good, and archer can be provided by Virion, who actually give a lot of speed. Also, this takes Ricken away from Owain, which wastes Ricken's luna. It's better than some options, but still not great. 5/10

Gaius!Brady

Mods: -1/2/4/3/2/-3/3

New classes: Myrmidon, Thief, Fighter

Pros: good mods, astra

To be honest, it's actually a pretty good pairing for Brady. But let me repeat: for Brady. FOR BRADY. Doing this pairing means that either Kjelle or Noire is going to suck. Despite being good for Brady, I highly recommend against this pairing because there are others that do the same or better for Brady, and don't ruin someone else. 3/10

Gregor!Brady

Mods: 0/2/4/1/3/-1/1

New classes: Mercenary, Barbarian, Myrmidon

Pros: great new classes

Cons: not so good mods

I actually like this pairing because it makes him quite a good mixed dread fighter, and the skills Gregor provides give him a lot of variety (Faires for everything). However, the mods are pretty bad, especially his speed. Gregor also hurts his magic, which is a big turn off. Overall, it's decent, but there are definitely better options. 5.5/10

Libra!Brady

Mods: -2/4/3/1/3/-2/4

New classes: Dark Mage

Pros: good magic, proc stacking, little to no opportunity cost

Cons: eh speed

It's really not bad. If Lon'qu and Virion are being used elsewhere, this one definitely gets the job done. The high magic will make him pretty dangerous, and vengeance is a helpful skill to proc stack with luna. The speed is a bit of a disappointment, but it still works. Another good thing is that chances are, Libra isn't really needed anywhere else. 7/10

Henry!Brady

Mods: -1/4/4/1/2/-1/2

New classes: Dark Mage, Thief, Barbarian

Pros: good magic, proc stacking

cons: eh speed, opportunity cost

Despite having Barbarian and Thief access, this is pretty much the same as Libra!Brady. I mean, when is Brady ever going to use Barbarian/Thief? The only thing is, just like all Libra vs Henry pairings, Henry is actually very good for other children, meaning using him for Brady is kind of a waste. It's definitely good for Brady, but it's almost not worth it because of how good a father Henry is. 6/10

Me: *has a lot of summer work due tomorrow*

Me: *writes a pairing guide for Brady*

[spoiler=Brady analysis]

BRADY

Mother: Maribelle

Mods: -2/3/2/1/4/-2/3

Base classes: Priest, Cavalier, Mage

First of all, I'd like to give props to Brady for having one of my top five favorite critical quotes in the game: "I'd pray if I were you!!!" I don't know what it is about this one, maybe just the way he says it? I don't know, it's not relevant. This one should be fairly straightforward, as Brady is the first child we've looked at that actually has pretty much everything a guy could ask for. For some reason, one of Maribelle's classes changes to cavalier for Brady. That's a HUGE deal because it provides him with something Owain and Inigo can only dream of: Luna right off the bat. He also gets galeforce from his mommy, which makes him one of the best male units in the game, and he starts with the sage class. So you might be asking: what does Brady even want? The simple answer is: mods. All he needs is mods to help out his speed or magic, and he's golden. Let's see who can help him out with that.

New classes: All male classes

Pros: diversity in classes/mods

Cons: boring Morgan, Brady gets everything he wants from other fathers

The avatar provides so much good stuff, but Brady already has so much good stuff. Obviously it's good because it's the avatar, but why waste your avatar on someone so good when you can use him on someone who needs his classes? Or why make Morgan meh from Maribelle when you can make her amazing with someone else? There's just not much reason to do this pairing unless you really love Maribelle/Brady (which I can understand) 5/10

Chrom!Brady

Mods: -1/3/3/2/5/-3/2

Pros: Lucina is good for challenge runs

Cons: opportunity cost, eh mods

What does Brady want? Mods. Chrom's aren't bad, but they're not great. It's definitely an alright pairing due to the magical Luina, but for Brady, it's definitely bland. Obviously he's still pretty damn good, but he can be so much better with other fathers. 5/10

Frederick!Brady

Mods: 0/1/4/-1/4/0/3

New classes: Knight, Wyvern Rider

Pros:..wyvern rider?

Cons: shit mods

While the only really con here is bad mods, that's actually a very big deal for Brady, since all he wants is for someone to improve his mods. Frederick ruins his two most important stats: magic and speed. Don't do it. 1/10

Virion!Brady

Mods: -2/3/4/3/3/-4/3

New classes: Archer, Wyvern Rider

Pros: Great mods, +hit skill for challenge runs

The only real opportunity cost that comes from this pairing is losing Virion for Yarne/Gerome, but they are still redeemable easily. Besides, this pairing is fantastic. It gives Brady a lot of speed to work with, as well as providing him with two new classes to play around with. Sniper's Hit +20 is great for challenge runs where hit rate is a big deal, and deliverer from Griffon Rider is just a helpful skill to have if you have space for it. Most importantly however, the mods are fantastic. Virion does not hurt his magic at all, and gives him a large amount of speed. All in all, a great pairing. In some cases, it might be actually the best pairing for Brady. 9/10

Stahl!Brady

Mods: 0/2/3/1/2/0/2

New classes: Myrmidon, Archer

Pros: Astra

Cons: bland mods, opportunity cost

Did you ever think Stahl would be bad for someone? Here you go. Stahl hurts Brady's magic and doesn't really help his speed, so there go the main things Brady wants. He also can be amazing on many other kids, as we've talked about, so he's a complete waste here. Don't do this one. 2/10

Vaike!Brady

Mods: 1/1/3/2/3/-2/1

New classes: Fighter, Barbarian, Thief

Pros: ...new classes?

I swear, Vaike is a good father for some children. But for now, oh god. He provides a bunch of nice physical classes that Brady will never be interested in using. Oh! That reminds me, I haven't really talked about Vaike's opportunity cost. Vaike's male classes convert to Knight and Mercenary if he has a daughter. Meaning if he has a son, these great classes go to waste. And thenVaike obviously ruins Brady's magic mod and doesn't really help his speed either. It's pretty awful. 0/10

Kellam!Brady

Mods: -1/3/3/-1/2/1/3

New classes: Knight, Thief

Pros: doesn't hurt magic, zero opportunity cost

Cons: that speed

I suppose Kellam doesn't hurt Brady's magic, but Brady actually cares more about speed than magic, and Kellam screws that up. It's not the worst, but it's definitely not good. The only good thing is the fact that Kellam has absolutely zero opportunity cost to using him. 3.5/10

Donnel!Brady

Mods: -1/2/1/0/7/-1/2

New classes: Villager, Mercenary, Fighter

Pros: ...hits 50 luck for armsthrift?

Despite being lucky enough to win the lottery twice in a row, this Brady is pretty terrible. Donnel's mods clash in the worst sense with Maribelle's, and that's the one thing a father for Brady should not do. .1/10

Lon'qu!Brady

Mods: -2/3/5/4/4/-4/1

New classes: Myrmidon, Wyvern Rider, Thief

Pros: utterly fantastic mods, proc stacking

Cons: none

Does he hurt magic? Nope. Does he help speed? Hella. Does he give any good new skills for Brady? Yes, he can now proc stack. Do you have any other choices for baes? Kinda, but they have better options. This pairing is fantastic. It gives Brady everything he could ever wish for. His speed is awesome, his magic isn't hurt, and he gets some fun new skills to try out such as astra and deliverer. I can't stress enough how good this one is. 9.5/10

Ricken!Brady

Mods: -3/5/2/1/5/-3/3

Pros: high magic

Cons: low speed, opportunity cost

Well, he has awesome magic, and that is it. His speed isn't very good, and archer can be provided by Virion, who actually give a lot of speed. Also, this takes Ricken away from Owain, which wastes Ricken's luna. It's better than some options, but still not great. 5/10

Gaius!Brady

Mods: -1/2/4/3/2/-3/3

New classes: Myrmidon, Thief, Fighter

Pros: good mods, astra

To be honest, it's actually a pretty good pairing for Brady. But let me repeat: for Brady. FOR BRADY. Doing this pairing means that either Kjelle or Noire is going to suck. Despite being good for Brady, I highly recommend against this pairing because there are others that do the same or better for Brady, and don't ruin someone else. 3/10

Gregor!Brady

Mods: 0/2/4/1/3/-1/1

New classes: Mercenary, Barbarian, Myrmidon

Pros: great new classes

Cons: not so good mods

I actually like this pairing because it makes him quite a good mixed dread fighter, and the skills Gregor provides give him a lot of variety (Faires for everything). However, the mods are pretty bad, especially his speed. Gregor also hurts his magic, which is a big turn off. Overall, it's decent, but there are definitely better options. 5.5/10

Libra!Brady

Mods: -2/4/3/1/3/-2/4

New classes: Dark Mage

Pros: good magic, proc stacking, little to no opportunity cost

Cons: eh speed

It's really not bad. If Lon'qu and Virion are being used elsewhere, this one definitely gets the job done. The high magic will make him pretty dangerous, and vengeance is a helpful skill to proc stack with luna. The speed is a bit of a disappointment, but it still works. Another good thing is that chances are, Libra isn't really needed anywhere else. 7/10

Henry!Brady

Mods: -1/4/4/1/2/-1/2

New classes: Dark Mage, Thief, Barbarian

Pros: good magic, proc stacking

cons: eh speed, opportunity cost

Despite having Barbarian and Thief access, this is pretty much the same as Libra!Brady. I mean, when is Brady ever going to use Barbarian/Thief? The only thing is, just like all Libra vs Henry pairings, Henry is actually very good for other children, meaning using him for Brady is kind of a waste. It's definitely good for Brady, but it's almost not worth it because of how good a father Henry is. 6/10

Thank you! :) The reason you're the best! Good luck on the school stuff!

Hey Duck, is there a way we can search your pairing guides? Would like to give then a read through.

I have only four done because they take a long-ass time to write and I'm kinda strapped for time rn

Owain: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&view=findpost&p=3942817

Lucina: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&view=findpost&p=3940834

Inigo: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=3955113

Brady: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247&page=268#entry3957092

Edited by Duck

Well Donnel makes sense for Kjelle and Noire, as he gives classes they can't get normally (and access to Galeforce) but yeah, I'm of the understanding that if it's not one of those two, Donnel should be dying alone.

Edited by Byron

Well Donnel makes sense for Kjelle and Noire, as he gives classes they can't get normally (and access to Galeforce) but yeah, I'm of the understanding that if it's not one of those two, Donnel should be dying alone.

I guess, but those mods... It's really saying something that the one child Donnel's recommended to father essentially winds up being the same as her mother with him :<

I guess, but those mods... It's really saying something that the one child Donnel's recommended to father essentially winds up being the same as her mother with him :<

The thing about her is that she already has great class selection. She literally only needs galeforce to be great, which is why Donnel is so good for her. Yes, Gaius is better, but Gaius is even better on a certain other child.

Also, the thing about Donnel is that his mods are so bad no child other than the ones that absolutely need Galeforce want him as their father. And even then, one of them isn't that great with him as her father. His class selection seems good, but then you realize that Gregor gives the same classes plus myrmidon and berserker without ruining his kid's mods.

The thing about her is that she already has great class selection. She literally only needs galeforce to be great, which is why Donnel is so good for her. Yes, Gaius is better, but Gaius is even better on a certain other child.

Also, the thing about Donnel is that his mods are so bad no child other than the ones that absolutely need Galeforce want him as their father. And even then, one of them isn't that great with him as her father. His class selection seems good, but then you realize that Gregor gives the same classes plus myrmidon and berserker without ruining his kid's mods.

I suppose you're right. Still, it hurts knowing that one of Kjelle's best fathers reduces her to being Sully 2.0 mod wise, more or less.

The instant no dlc is involved, Virion's +Hit skill becomes invaluable.

LQ is usually used on Laurent or Severa in no dlc runs.

The instant no dlc is involved, Virion's +Hit skill becomes invaluable.

LQ is usually used on Laurent or Severa in no dlc runs.

I don't get it, is there some sort of appeal to these no DLC/No Braves things I keep seeing you bring up? I don't see the appeal in purposely limiting yourself in a game that can and will cripple you in any way possible.

I don't get it, is there some sort of appeal to these no DLC/No Braves things I keep seeing you bring up? I don't see the appeal in purposely limiting yourself in a game that can and will cripple you in any way possible.

Your choices begin to matter in niche scenarios.