Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigBangMeteor - I am mostly bothered by BBM due to the scorri death. scorri was cop'd n0, he knew I was giving her e, and we had other reasons to think she was clear due to the nature of her claim. However it's possible scorri was just a safe kill, so I dunno. However everything else has been more to what I expect from town BBM.

Bluedoom - I think Marth is town. He was too yolo with that dayvig for me to think he's scum, and the way he worded it I felt he was more "Townie who thinks he's found scum" than "Scum who thinks he's been CC'd" (unless he thought Objection was a fakeclaiming wolf?). Also he's our only real kill.

eclipse - I reread eclipse and I still think she's town. I think historically I've been pretty good at reading eclipse but it's been a while since I've played with her when she was mafia. Also her role has been confirmed and short of some sort of weird anti-info ability it doesn't make sense as mafia, since she was voyeur'd and seen copping a feel? Maaaybe wolf, but if she was wolf I think she would out any guilties she had for ++town cred so I still trust her end of her reports.

JSND Has A Dragon Boner (bearclaw13) - I still think he's obvtown, he had good interactions with flipped scum and got Grass killed.

Kay - I think Kay has been playing fairly townie. Her role is a little weird but is the only way to transfer items that we know of beyond a one-shot Refa ability. Also this is some strange logic but I think if Kay were mafia, she'd have another fakeclaim and be like a thief or something. idk

kirsche - The consensus on kirsche from me and BBM after he claimed (I think this was N3?) was "his play makes me think town but his role is weak so might be scum." However he's been cop inspected so that lends some credence to his claim. If he flips town, the Doctor is definitely town imo (due to N4).

Euklyd - Euklyd's role has been confirmed via voyeur and him posting on the anon account. And he's been cop inspected. He can also edit past posts, and this is gonna be some slight modmeta but I don't think Prims would make that role scum twice in a row.

Shinori - I still don't think Shinori's role makes sense as scum. Strege can confirm his role but idk if he did (I think he was supposed to last night?). Only thing I can think of is Shinori making fake items and

Strege - The more I think about it the more I think Strege is scum, the mafia don't seem to have any sort of item roles (Objection and Proto are town, I'm town... that leaves, uh, no one that we know of?), but knowing who has items could be useful for them, whereas there are enough OC roles that town could probably figure it out themselves

The Protown SK (Elieson) - Elieson's play has kind of bugged me but I think it's more likely he's just a townie who's a bit too paranoid, since he's also done things that I don't think make sense as scum. His role was confirmed by SB and he'd have to be ANOTHER Godfather Doctor to be scum. Again, I don't think Prims is that unoriginal.

If there are unfinished sentences/thoughts here yell at me I didn't proofread

@eclipse:

wybpttm xoqqy go l khtt alize mh rrf yose slgi

jqze ayv hmm yose chzybdno jsblw

sr ijiukofk tdeey bfaf ln gn cz

Also Program guy that was trying to contact me = Proto

@BBM - Quite sure that Proto said no such thing in his QT.

And I certainly didn't tell you that.

So either Kay or Rein, or you're making it up. Was PB around at that time? PB, do you remember?

BTW Proto says he wants to know how you came to that conclusion, and he doesn't trust you.

Also are we really doing the claiming thing?

Oh also ##unvote, since Kirsche is clear. Probably should've done that earlier.

pedit: cut by PB. Not sure I like how he just outed all the unclaimed roles, but I don't exactly see scum intent there.

Strege suspected you for it for instance so it went over his head.

I don't think I even noticed eclipse doing that fwiw.

Strege - The more I think about it the more I think Strege is scum, the mafia don't seem to have any sort of item roles (Objection and Proto are town, I'm town... that leaves, uh, no one that we know of?), but knowing who has items could be useful for them, whereas there are enough OC roles that town could probably figure it out themselves

That all depends on Kay and Shinori being town, no scum hiding an item role, and setupspec. You've never given another reason for suspecting me besides POE so... yeah I don't think I have anything else to say about this.

Since Paperblade halfway claimed for me, I'm town Snoop. I can target someone every night and determine what items they have, if any.

Well, we still have an unclaimed Motivator (for votes) floating around; I can confirm that none of the dead people could do that.

Uh, clarification: Proto says he's suspicious of BBM for reasons unrelated to the Boron doublevote thing, which I should've made clear earlier.

But he (and I as well) does want to know where that info came from, because he's suspicious of whoever told BBM that.

It's either Kay or Rein, and although Rein flipped town it could be due to a misunderstanding on his part.

Do people want me to say what each dead guy can could do, before death? Since prims-style flips aren't full information.

EDIT: This edit is the proof of the second part of my role. The underlined stuff is added.

Edited by Euklyd

Yeah I think it was Rein? I'm like 90% sure I remember something about Proto being the reason behind the motivate/doublevote.

Why is Proto suspicious of me if not for that?

Paper- do you still think that Shinori is town if there are no scum item-giving roles? Though I guess there could be one that didn't claim so they could keep items among mafia, but it'd be an easy claim to make so idk.

Also wrt wolf Eclipse outing guilties- that's only if she gets them in the first place.

Day 6.1 Votals

Strege (3) - kirsche, SHIGUN!!, Paperblade

Elieson (2) - Kay, Strege

Kay (1) - eclipse

Shinori (1) - Elieson

Not Voting (5): bearclaw13, BigBangMeteor, Bluedoom, Euklyd, Shinori

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have 29 hours left in the day.

bearclaw and Shinori have been prodded. (Marf has also hit the prod timer but wants a replacement; I don't intend on replacing him though. Seriously, use ISOs, it's not even hard to post without being fully up-to-date.)

Edited by Professional PantsWrestler

Re Strege:

The whole Refa Character thing threw me off early on. Also, the "He's scummy" -> "I was only interested in his question" -> "Gut" -> "naw he's scum"

been saying I haven't been doing anything all game

Also says the Rocker slot looks bad, and suddenly thinks I'm scummy for saying the same thing.

Most of his case on kirsche just seemed like a weak case overall. It seems more like "I don't like how kirsche is responding to me, he's probably scum", and at one point, kirsche got thrust to his top scumread. Then kirscheread is gone...somehow...?

--in fact, that linked post has lots of thoughts, but about half of them are just thoughts without adequate reasoning...as if he's like "X is scummy because A, B and C", just digging for whatever reasoning he can muff up.

(Also loves to say that I'm focusing on Rolespec when) he found Kay scummy entirely for her role, and not for her content, then withdraws his scumread+vote on Kay but says she's still scummy.

The rest of Day 6 I haven't really analyzed yet, but it's just so much Meh and back and forth that I just lost track of following him tbh. Now that I look at him, I'm less happy with his back and forth waffling content that he's displayed all game, I just didn't realize it as it happened because (well, I'm not sure why actually).

Okay, I am passing stuff from Proto here:

He hasn't trusted BBM since the beginning of the game, but at least initially thought PB was town, partially because of how broken his role would be as scum, and he doesn't say the other reason, if there is one.

However he says that it's maybe not actually all that broken because of the not-able-to-use-again-if-target-target-is-lynched piece, and the fact that it would be really suspicious if anyone was suddenly lynched by a pile-up of votes, so it'd kinda out scum.

If PB and/or BBM is scum he says it would be a bit odd that the mafia failed their kill twice in a row and allowed two mafia to be lynched (presumably as "why would they steer investigation/roleblocker towards scumbuddies twice).

(IMO this could be playing for towncred, but that's my opinion, not his)

HOWEVER he says it looks to him like Bearclaw/SB chose their own targets (Boron certainly chose her own between Grass and someone-else), and so maybe BBM/PB wasnt able to account for this.[spoiler=Sidenote about Grass's ability]SIDENOTE: Grass was a Godfather/Sneak, and in addition to obscuring the target from Tracker/Watcher/etc he also obscures any scummy abilities or hidden parts of abilities those are hidden from Rolecops. So we can't trust that someone was cleared by Rolecop is actually clear, at least before Grass was lynched.

Basically Proto thinks that as soon as a role result that incriminates scum was revealed BBM/PB would have jumped on the wagon for a bus.

He doubts that either bus would have been pre-planned, which is a place that he and I disagree, ftr.

NEXT UP

Something about SB and Boron dying on the same night, forgets about the lover-maker, hypothetical if-both-PB-and-BBM-are-scum-they-could-fabricate-the-lover-thing...

Says PB outing all the roles makes sense, since the scum would just shoot the unclaimed roles anyways because the most powerful roles were unclaimed.

He would like to know the timeline of what happened in the IRC channel; who claimed what when, what was told to which player and when, etc.

LASTLY

Modmeta, but he doesn't like PB's role.

Town having two Inventors/Fabricators doesn't feel right to him in a prims game, even if they do have some pretty big differences (deathtalk vs send messages with items, mostly). Also PB is both Inventor/Fabricator/whatever AND Vote-changer.

Tune in next time for more Talk From the Dead, with your hosts Euklyd and Proto.

Also Proto would like the IRC thing to be set up so that he can spectate the whole thing, since he's been cleared by way of his own flip.

Uh maybe action-items...

Proto want's to know the timeline of what happened in IRC. I for one think this is perfectly reasonable, since he's basically maximally confirmed as town.

Don't think there was anything else.

Oh and incase this gets sort of lost up above, I'm reposting Grass's special role here.

[spoiler=Sidenote about Grass's ability]SIDENOTE: Grass was a Godfather/Sneak, and in addition to obscuring the target from Tracker/Watcher/etc he also obscures any scummy abilities or hidden parts of abilities those are hidden from Rolecops. So we can't trust that someone was cleared by Rolecop is actually clear, at least before Grass was lynched.

Proto, if anything got lost or paraphrased incorrectly let me know in the QT.

Is there any reason not to publicly out the specifics of the role of every single dead guy?

There's no harm in us knowing, that I can think of.

The only harm I could think of would be that scum would maybe have a better idea of what they can't get away with making up.

But like I don't really know.

Oh yeah, I forgot Proto thought I was scum on D1.

By Eclipse not getting guilties, I mean that she just might not have scanned any mafia yet, not that she's Naive or something.

Sorry kind of busy atm and I made a terrible decision to sub into a MotK game. >_>

It'd be pretty easy for me to keep lynches off my scumbuddies for a while. I would put the most votes on someone who is not likely to be lynched (like BBM), then the second most on some townie, and do so near deadline when people can't easily form a good counterwagon. This isn't inherently scummy, the first thing could be done under the pretense of wanting to keep my role, and for the second I'd just have to BS reads and say I wanted my target lynched.

Also I can prove that my role gets used up after someone put close to votes is lynched today and then try to use it tomorrow.