Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

a) The trick put forth BY THE SUIT isn't believable, but I don't understand why that makes the suit itself less likely to exist. If I were scum and the suit wasn't real wouldn't I say "this suit made me mafia <whatever my scum role is>" in case there was a rolecop item?

b) To frame a townie or just generally mess with town. Remember your role in Touhou?

Except your scum role at least partially matches up with your claimed town role. If scum made you like Mafia Item Cop/??? or something, then that would have required them to know in the first place that you were Item Cop, which nobody except me, Paper, and Bear knew. So if you'd lied about being Tailored in that sense, it would have been less believable.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except your scum role at least partially matches up with your claimed town role. If scum made you like Mafia Item Cop/??? or something, then that would have required them to know in the first place that you were Item Cop, which nobody except me, Paper, and Bear knew. So if you'd lied about being Tailored in that sense, it would have been less believable.

Appending a role is believable in a game where two-part roles exist. Also you asked about my reads and I listed them out a while ago, but I can't go ISO trawling for more in-depth stuff atm due to being busy.

Except to do that, they would have had to know the first part of your role, which they couldn't have unless they had a Rolecop or you were scum in the first place (or one of me/Paper/Bear were scum).

Also something I forgot to say: Rein was supposed to Martyr Bear, so either they attacked him directly on account of being a protective role or Bear is town (more than he was already anyways).

I'm not convinced that a tailor suit is enough to clear Strege. Me voting Strege at this very second will end the phase, which is why I'm holding off. If you guys have nothing else you want to do, lemme know.

All it means is that I'll get a guilty result, as I don't get roles. Strege isn't being lynched over a tailor suit, so I have no idea why it's even relevant at this point.

Day 6.4 Votals

Strege (4) - kirsche, SHIGUN!!, Elieson, bearclaw13

Kay (2) - eclipse, Strege

Elieson (1) - Kay

Shinori (1) - Bluedoom

Not Voting (4): BigBangMeteor, Euklyd, Paperblade, Shinori

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have 1 and a half left in the day.

1 and a half what? 1 AND A HALF WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Loaves of bread, obviously. ;/

I see no objections, and/or no one's read what I said earlier. Thus. . .

[/b]##Unvote

##Vote: Strege[/b]

Night 6

Strege (6) - kirsche, SHIGUN!!, Elieson, bearclaw13, eclipse, Paperblade (LYNCH!)

Elieson (1) - Kay

Kay (1) - Strege

Shinori (1) - Bluedoom

Not Voting (3): BigBangMeteor, Euklyd, Shinori

"process of elimination is a big gay also im gay" said strege who died

best flavor 2013

Cn8Tcux.png

Strege - Rucks - Mafia Snoop / Visionary - Lynched Day 6

25 hours to send in your actions.

Because I thought he was town early on, that is.

Anyways, that makes Kirsche being town a lot more likely, since he's been tunneling on Strege like the entire game. That also means Elie is much more likely to be town and to have blocked the NK that night. Can't remember whether Elie targeted Paper or SB that night, but if it was the former then that also clears Paper of being mafia. Also Strege stopped voting Elie after he saw that he got Rolecopped and I think that if he was bussing Elie he'd just keep going with that to give Elie as much towncred as possible before getting lynched.

Euklyd can you edit into a post of your's what Visionary does?

Grr reading Strege's ISO makes me waffle about Shinori. Strege keeps saying he'd be down with lynching Shinori but the only time he ever directly says anything about Shinori himself is in #773, where he finds an excuse to not vote Shinori anyways despite him being Strege's top read. And after D2 he never really follows up on Shinori at all.

Strege's role sounds pretty useful for mafia but at this point even if we could use it, at most we would just be able to experiment with Hooker shenanigans, since we don't have a nightvig. So eh.

Also, chatroom in 20 hours and 27 minutes. Though at this point the only important night actions are Euklyd, Bear, and Eclipse, one of whom won't be there ANYWAYS.

Also Eclipse, you should come into the chatroom just for a different encryption key even if you don't want to tell us your target, since the mafia should have been able to read everything that you and Paper said, due to Strege's role.

Hmm I read Strege and Kay's ISOs to see if they could be scumbuddies and it could go either way... They maintain a consistent level of suspicion against each other, especially Strege on Kay, but the only times they actually vote the other are in cases where they misinterpreted facts, resulting in unvoting pretty quickly, or just recently on D6 when the field was pretty thin. Also, a couple times early on we were just like "target someone you think is suspicious" to Strege, and he chose to target Kay over Kirsche. I would think that if he was scum given mostly free rein, he'd choose to target a member of the town, not his buddy- but at the same time, it's possible that he only pretended to target Kay and went for someone townie like me or Paperblade instead. So ugh.

One thing that seemed weird though, on D5 I was like "Hey Kay give the book to Shinori", and even though we'd never actually spoken to her at that point and heard firsthand that she had a book in the first place, she didn't find it out of the ordinary. AFAICR the only people who even knew that there was an Item Cop, let alone that it was Strege, were me, Paper, Bear, and Strege and the mafia. We didn't hint to anyone that one existed until N5. If she didn't know there was an Item Cop, why didn't she ask us, either in public on D5 or in private on N5 when we spoke to her, how we knew she had a book? I might be wrong here because no logs, but I can't remember Kay being one of the people we told on N5 that there was an Item Cop.

@Euklyd- There is no other Voyeur. All roles are out. I used the item Rocker gave me to Voyeur Paper on Night 3, but was driven to Rocker, and I saw him being targeted by a Cop, whatever Kay's role is called, a Watcher, and a Driver. The latter two are both j00. I outed all of Eclipse's cop scans in #1516.

Elie knows who to target more or less.

Chat room in 13 hours and 13 minutes as a reminder.

Chat room in 15 minutes. If you want to sit in for the entire thing, you're welcome to do so Euklyd- we were telling you most of the information last night anyways. Kirsche is sleeping most likely.

I've never argued that Eclipse isn't a Cop, or that she's mafia. I am, however, pretty confident that Eclipse is ITP Cop/??? because we already have enough investigation and it makes no sense for the strongest claimed investigative role to have the least obstacles in its path, unless it belongs to the ITP, who is otherwise always at a disadvantage. Her policy of refusing to talk to us at night also has no town benefit to it.

Proto hasn't actually offered a reason for why either me or Paper are scum beyond him being paranoid that one of the town leaders might be scum. Neither of our roles are particularly amazing for town, and mine has no scum benefit beyond moling. The Persuader part of Paper's role doesn't actually help town all that much other than to make use of the votes of inactives. Yeah he has items in addition to that, but most of them are inferior to the ones that Proto can give out.

A godly presence is felt over the town! All living players may join the channel #[redacted] on Darkmyst IRC and discuss the game for the next hour (7PM - 8PM PST). Note that discussion must be kept to the main channel - querying players about the game is not allowed. Dead players and non-players are free to visit and spectate, but interference should be kept to a minimum.

Edited by Manix