Dear movie goers,...

EDIT: I'm going to admit I was pissed off when I posted this and it was very mean-spirited. I apologize for being an asshole.

If a moderator sees this, I'd like that the thread is closed.

[spoiler=original post]Dear movie goers,
How to Train Your Dragon 2 has been out since June 13th. So far, it has only made $228 million worldwide. Trans4mers has made $300 million in 3 days.

You want explosions? HTTYD2 had them. You want humor? HTTYD2 had that. You want drama? HTTYD2 had it. You want beautiful computer visuals? HTTYD2 had it. You want movie based around a children's intellectual property that can appeal to adults? HTTYD2 is that movie.

Did you see Trans4mers instead of HTTYD2? Shame on you. You are the reason we can't have nice things. Go home, cry, and feel bad about what you've done.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/43885-nostalgia-critic-talks-transformers-4

Edited by Xator Nova

Transformers is an action movie. People go to see it because they have free time and want to see things blow up.

I haven't seen How to Train Your Dragon 2. Even so I would bet an arm that it's not an action movie. Pretty sure zero percent of people that heard about that movie thought "Oh gee I get to see lots of awesome fight scenes and explosions!"

Still want to see that one and Spiderman 2 though.

I mean. Everyone has movies they think are awesome that don't get the funding they deserve. I was livid when Pacific Rim first came out. o__o

I don't know why but you can never count on domestic revenues when it comes to most movies today.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Hello OP, shaming people for their tastes in films is ridiculous. While i, too loathe Michael Bay, what other people choose to watch and/or spend their money on is their business. Instead of being a douchecanoe, maybe you should just choose not to support Michael Bay's atrocities yourself and not contribute to that revenue.

In other words, sod off.

I'm no fan of Transformers nor Michael Bay films, but everyone has the right to watch what they want. They shouldn't have to feel ashamed for that.

I love the Transformers movies for what they are. I know people don't like what they are, and are pretty verbal about it. But I say, fuck the people who hate it. I'll watch what I want to watch. And I want to watch Optimus riding Grimlock.

Yeah, I'm going to admit I was pissed off when I posted this and it was very mean-spirited. I apologize for being an asshole.

Wow, an apology. I don't know what to say.

EDIT-not that I was an offended party.

Edited by SeverIan

I was livid when Pacific Rim first came out. o__o

i too was mad when the best film of the decade came out

fight me