Code Geass Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

Proto's reaction to the RVS questioning in Conspiracy seems the same as this game. If anything, this game he addressed the logic in my query rather than just saying "it's a joke vote" but that doesn't seem alignment indicative of anything.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Baldrick: For one, I wasn't truly ONLINE at the time of end phase due to not feeling well (My computer is just never turned off), so I was not inactive due to choice. As I said above, those who have a legitimate reason (like in which Bluedoom [and apparently RD, if he indeed was asking for a sub and didn't just disappear]) have some wiggle room as a result. ((I'm not saying that I'm not responsible for feeling well, but I do believe I've done what I could to also recover within this last day phase and make up for some of it.))

Secondly, I actually find lurking scum/inactivity to be scummy a lot in my past games, as the level of activity (or lackthereof) is often what aids me in some of my reads. (IE. town!Shinori vs. Scum!nori) So in that sense, I'm not sure why you'd assume otherwise, since it's actually one of my bigger quirks wrt Mafia games. ((This is also why I feel that lazy/inactive town is borderline cause for removal, because they produce absolutely nothing for town (literal dead weights), and are liable to be kept alive for the longest by the scum team while they remove the more active/prominent players instead. See Shining Force Mafia 3 for reference.))

Third, even at the time that it came down to me v. Kirsche, I honestly wouldn't have voted Kirsche for one simple reason: I never saw him/felt that he was scum. I would've opted to stick with any prior votes/cases that I had, even if it condemned myself. Surviving and all is nice, but I prefer to vote/put my cases on those who deserve it, and Kirsche wasn't someone I'd care to vote for, even in a 1v1 situation.

Basically, this attempts to validate that Orange = Miller. Proto telling Poly "Orange works as Miller, you're good" also attempts to validate that Poly = Orange. So Proto can be assumed to be pushing the idea that Poly = Miller, thus Poly = town. This tells us that it is not likely for Poly to be town/Miller if Proto is mafia, since clearing a townie would work against scum!Proto's wincon.

[snip]

TL;DR - would be ok with consolidating towards Proto. This scumread is still fairly weaker than my Marth read.

Scum!Proto making comments on Poly's alignment tells us nothing about Poly's actual alignment. This situation reminds me of an incident that happened in my game, Folgore Rangers mafia. A scum player said that scorri, who claimed miller, made sense as a miller because of her character and that it was obvious she was that character. The fact that the scum player was pushing her claim as legit meant nothing for scorri's actual role and alignment: town miller.

I really don't like this line of logic because it looks like it's trying to set up suspicion on Poly not because of his own actions or even from Proto "buddying" up with him, but because Proto's trying to argue flavor.

HEY GUYS, DON'T BE LAZY AND POST A SUMMARY OF YOUR THOUGHTS ON EURY, ELIE, RD, PROTO AND MARTH

THANK YOU

Eury: I actually haven't been able to reread her in detail, but from what I've skimmed nothing she's doing has stood out as being "bad" to me and I actually felt that her D1 content was townie. She does, however, seem to have less of a presence on D2 so if anything I'm worried about that. Leaning town.

Elie: I can follow his logic and understand his reasons for them, and he's contributing to the game. He feels slightly more involved than when I last commented, and I think the effort at least is town. Please no more wall posts or wall replies to Refa.

RD: He was hilariously inactive on D1 until like the last couple of hours, I believe, and what he does have didn't impress me too much. He really only seems to have had a scum read on Eury and two town reads. Since he requested a sub he has nothing so I guess I'm leaning scum from what little he does have. (Kay, you fall under the same problem as RD, please exist.)

Proto: Unlike RD and Kay he IS actually around more often. Too much flavor speccing and host speccing. His vote on Marth is all right, but I don't like how in the following post basically says "I'm also town reading these two people and everyone else is null". That is hardly satisfactory. So Marth is basically his only scum read, and aside from two town reads everyone else is null? Scum read here.

Marth: I know he requested a sub and said he's on phone now, but before that he didn't seem very into the game either. He has a few posts that go into a bit more detail, but it looks like he's mostly skimming on the surface and not really looking deep into things or trying to do so. Leaning scum.

I noticed that eclipse put our vote on Proto. I am fine with that, and the vote stays.

So basically why i'm not voting proto is because I feel like he's being voted for pretty much setupspec and I disagree IMO. Well tbh i'm not sure how it's considered setupspec except for maybe the first part of his post on D2.

He's pretty much answering a question on refa in his post ##450 and I feel in his ##post 485 he's interpreting Pb post and just giving his own thoughts on it.

I think I can see how someone might have interpreted proto's ## 82 as agressive but meh I just don't find it to be agressive? (IDK having a hard time explaining this)

I also pretty much just disagree with proto's D1 case on boron/eclipse but don't find it scummy.

Also his setupspec ED 1 is useful because I feel he's actually getting reads out of it (i.e townreading paper based on his theory), it's also better than nothing ED 1 IMO

fucking

fuck

i've been on the phone for 4 hours now. FOUR HOURS.

if I get off of this call i'm just checking out for the phase sorry all this has been a shitty day for a tech support guy

Votals 2.6

Proto (5): Elieson, Polydeuces, Boron/eclipse, Refa

Eurykins (3): Baldrick/Paperblade, Bluedoom, Blitz

Bluedoom (2): Proto, Junko

Blitz (1): Eurykins

Not Voting (2): Radiant Dragon, Kay, Green Poet/Mitsuki

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer and 4 to lynch at deadline. There are 45 minutes left in the phase.

Edited by SB.

##Unvote

I'm more leaning towards Proto over Marth atm, but willing to consolidate either or for today's lynch.

would still rather have blitz, but that's not happening today.

Votals 2.7

Proto (5): Elieson, Polydeuces, Boron/eclipse, Refa

Eurykins (3): Baldrick/Paperblade, Bluedoom, Blitz

Bluedoom (3): Proto, Junko, Green Poet/Mitsuki

Not Voting (3): Radiant Dragon, Kay, Eurykins

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer and 4 to lynch at deadline. There are 19 minutes left in the phase.

Edited by SB.

"Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat its mistakes..."

320px-Andreas_Darlton.png

Proto, you are Andreas Dalton, a Britannian knight. You are loyal to Princess Cornelia, and lead the Glaston Knights, a talented group of Knightmare pilots composed of your adopted sons.

Abilities:
The Glaston Knights (Night): If your sons all work together, they can gather information in no time. During the night, you may ##Investigate another player and learn whether or not they are aligned with Britannia.

As the Britannian Cop, you win when all threats to your alignment are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends in 24 hours at 23:30 GMT+0. PLEASE tell me that you exist even if you don't have an action.

Well, it looks like the mafia actually killed someone this time!

[07:52:05] SB: marth rolled joat
[07:52:08] SB: this is bullshit
[07:56:26] Manix: lmao

320px-LelouchviBritannia.jpg

Bluedoom, you are Lelouch vi Briannia, an exiled Britannian Prince. You adopt the alias 'Zero' and lead the Black Knights in their fight against Britannia using your wits and the power of Geass.

Abilities:
The Power of Kings (Night): You can use your Geass in order to control the actions of others, which you can use for a variety of different purposes.
- You may command a player to be quiet, and ##Restrict the length of their posts to 100 words per 24 hours during the following day. This does not include votes and unvotes.
- You may command a player to recite their role pm to you, letting you ##Investigate what a player is capable of. This is guaranteed to be accurate.
- You may command a player to change their target, allowing you to ##Redirect a player's action to a new target of your choice.
Geass' Limits (Passive): While Geass is powerful, you must take care not to overuse it. Each of your night actions may only be used once, and you may only use one of them each night.

As the Black Knights Jack of all Trades, you win when all threats to your alignment are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive. You can talk to your allies <NOPE>.

Or uh, maybe not.

It is now Day 3. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends in 72 hours at 23:10 GMT+0.