Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

I am just so frustrated that apparently everything I've done is filler post and attack "someone easy" like I really do think Paperblade is scum but now he's subbed out so whatever

There's something I kinda wanna do that I feel like is silly if I don't just do it now because I literally do not see the point in not doing it but then I get paranoid that maybe it's not as, idk, easy as it seems

I'm gonna get food and mull it over

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eurykins subs in for mancer.

RoseSGS has been proded and will be subbed out if they do not post within the next twelve hours.

All right so I didn't claim earlier because my PM implies something bad might happen if I do, like I'm someone else's wincon or I will die or something. But I've already resigned myself to the fact that I might not win unless I actually get help from the town, and since town isn't obligated to help me all I can really do is side with you guys. My role PM says I'm lyncher but I'm actually really just assassin without a kill. I have to kill a character over a person and that person is Count Janus. I was told if I look up the flavor it would be easy to find out who he is but all I'm getting is that he's... probably maybe town? Which only makes it harder for me to win.

Like I COULD side with the mafia but I didn't want to sit and wait to see who looked like they were winning and my target possibly die while I was waiting. If I die or if my target either a) is nightkilled or b) is lynched but I am not on their wagon, I lose. This is why I'm claiming. Again none of you really have to actually help me, but I figure I'd rather get my role out so that way ITP conjecture doesn't get too bad and my chances of winning might maybe possibly increase?

I know again that my role seems so underpowered it might be hard to believe and also that I've been ITP for like 3 out of 5 games I've played recently but I really don't know how else I am going to win without being risky. If I wait, my target might just die while I sit here twiddling my thumbs and that sucks. If I claim now I might become under fire for it but it's at least the better risk to take? after I weighed my options.

FTR I might have seemed apathetic at first because I really hate being lyncher but it's still at least better than being warlock.

Anyway feel free to vig me if you don't believe me but at least let's not lynch me especially after a town died already. (I might it would be nice if I didn't die, I want to win lol.) I am willing to side with town but it would also be nice if you guys helped me out after we've lynched scum. I really have no idea who Janus might be and if you are Janus and are town then I guess that sucks for me. )=

If me claiming gets me killed because of what my role PM said I am gonna be so salty.

again this is also why I think Bossa is town by the way. I also think the flavor in my role PM implied the existence of a dayvig which is another reason I've claimed since it means I might be in the clear then? I asked Randa for clarification on what my role PM meant but the only thing Randa could confirm is that there isn't a vengeful that can kill me, or something like that.

I thought about it and it would kinda be weird and also kinda mafsided if my target were town because of the numbers. I'm gonna search for more flavor about Janus, if anyone else who's more familiar with the flavor could help me out with that that would be awesome.

In the process of making a reads/general thoughts post right now, 16 pages is a lot in one sitting.

Via, did the flavor hunting for Count Janus turn up anything specific that made you feel townie? Also idk why you're talking about assassin with no kill, sounds like you're just a lyncher to me. Regardless lynching a lyncher shouldn't be our highest priority today. Also a 1 kill night should partially validate Via's claim. Not the greatest at setupspec, but with Boss having vigged Rapier (who then confirms the 9/3/1 numbers), it'd be weird to have a 2 kill tonight when there's a no-kill ITP claim and a day vig already in the mix.

Also idk why you're talking about assassin with no kill,

Because I have to lynch a character over just a person and I HAVE to be on the person's wagon to win. I figured lyncher just wins if their person is lynched and also that person is always town--here I'm not even sure if they're town or scum I just have flavor to work off of.

Also I'm only really finding stuff like Janus is enigmatic and also stuff like this

"Janus, the Colonel who arrives to take charge of the colonial army, is the most interesting of the other main characters. He’s eccentric, brilliant, and surprisingly funny. He’s so unconventional and reasonable that Marcus, the resigned (and not very funny) commander of the colonial forces, barely knows what to do with him. Watching these two work out a way to communicate within the military structure is absolutely fascinating."

Sucks Quote wasn't exactly town but if he wants to help I suppose that's not too much of a glaring issue until it comes later. I don't know if I can immediately trust a claimed lyncher/Indie though so I'm probably gonna shoot you if things get dire.

you have more than one shot? what the fuck

well yeah if bossa has more than one shot you're definitely town then. I can't tell if that was a bluff or not.

and it's like that's also why I was hesitant to claim bc there are all these new people I figured they would be like "always lynch ITPs no matter what" but I am fucked either way because I wasn't going to win if I didn't say anything unless I got really fucking lucky

The fates of both these soldiers and all the men they lead depend on the newly arrived Colonel Janus bet Vhalnich, who has been sent by the ailing king to restore order. His military genius seems to know no bounds, and under his command, Marcus and Winter can feel the tide turning. But their allegiance will be tested as they begin to suspect that the enigmatic Janus’s ambitions extend beyond the battlefield and into the realm of the supernatural—a realm with the power to ignite a meteoric rise, reshape the known world, and change the lives of everyone in its path.

what do you guys think this means

I actually found this while searching earlier but I skipped over it because i was half-awake

Okay, a few things:

I dunno when phase ends. If it ends sometime tonight and/or tomorrow during the daytime, I MAY have some issues (because I have work tomorrow and won't get home 'til at least 4-4:30 pm CST, if not a bit later) in terms of being able to re-read, vote, whatever. I have not been fully following this game, as a lot of early spammage in D1 kinda turned me off from reading a lot of things. So there's much I need to cover, and I'm not sure if I have a lot of time to do so.

(If someone can TL;dr things, then that'd save me some time, but I plan on re-reading things myself to get a better grasp of the contexts n' such.)

Secondly, on a side note: I'm naturally a bit skeptical as to why a claimed ITP has (as far as I've read on this last page) not been removed as of yet, even if it has been claimed as a no-killing (unless I'm mistaken/misreading things) ITP???

Thirdly, if someone blurbed out a notion about having multiple shots as a vig or something (looking at Bossanova here), the fact that you're outing whether you have extra shots (outside of one you've apparently/possibly have used up already? (Again, I'm not aware of what's happening, so I'm trying to piece things together as I go along.)) is kinda reckless and is not information that needed to be shared. Just saying.

Lastly, there seems to be a lot of random flavor-hunting happening as well (and me not personally knowing whatever flavor might be occurring in this game = I personally don't care to bother with it) is a bit weird, since it's generally not something that I see as a valid means of scum-hunting/role-hunting/etc. in Mafia games (unless we are to assume that the mod/GM is going to be extremely predictable in terms of "making good/bad guys Town/Maf/etc roles"), but then again I don't know what's fully occurred as of yet (Is there some mass-claiming shizz happening or whatnot? Or have only a handful of people claimed for various reasons at this point?), so take this notion/thought with a grain of salt.

I'm the only one flavorhunting bc it was the only way I was given to find out who my target is.

Also I'm not removed because maybe there are more important things to focus on right now? Especially after a townie already died?

anyway that being said I don't really know what to do anymore now so I'm gonna read and avoid spamming up the thread further with my claim stuff. I don't remember if I said it before but the game does continue if I win so town can win after I've won if that happens.

Again I am townsiding but all I have is my word on that unfortunately and if I continue to get shit for my claim it's not really gonna motivate me to scumhunt as much.

Fuck SF for eating my post. Now on phone and slightly angry.

Eury I'm in the same spot as you wrt not reading D1 in depth, but Bossa shot Rapier who flipped town numbers (9/3/1), Kirsche claimed miller, and Via claimed flavor lyncher. Haven't read enough to memorize everyone's cases and scumreads but Snike is the likely D1 lynch atm.

so can we finish the snike wagon n call it a day? bus driver doesnt mean shit n the fact that he said he didnt plan on saving any1 tonight is whack as hell. what townie says "i hav the ability to act as a doctor but you know? im just not gonna use it"

@boss i dont think paper/vhaltz would b on the same scumteam. if vhaltz is scum i doubt his partner hardbody whiteknights im like that n if papers scum i doubt he blatantly defends his partner early d1

@prims i didnt switch to snike "easily" :thumbsdown:. i held that vhaltz vote down and kept pointing out issues i had with his play and tried to simplify it in hopes that people would feel it n join me. so when i woke up this morning and saw that no one was feeling it i decided to put my vote somewhere itd actually make an impact. and i DID spend most of the day egging on snike v vhaltz. i felt like there was scum between em n that lynching outside of em would be a waste when we had 2 good plays on the table

lol @ the quote indy claim. ima dwell on this shit

someone be a bro and hammah. peace out niggaz see yall d2

you can always just kill me now to save town the trouble of dwelling on my claim and save me the headache of having to convince you guys why I'm not just gonna magically turn to the mafia and fuck you over if you want

this isn't me trying to be passive-aggressive, I'm just.... I have been through this already before and I went through something similar with Shovel Knight, if you really feel the need to just get it over with. I want to win but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ugh sorry forget it I'll shut up and just try to scumhunt but that'll have to wait until tomorrow I'm tired.

Eury's first post in this game is already giving me scumvibes fwiw.

Again I am townsiding but all I have is my word on that unfortunately and if I continue to get shit for my claim it's not really gonna motivate me to scumhunt as much.

That threat doesn't really sit well with me, blackmailing town like that isn't very helpful!

##This ends now, Via!

i meant i won't be able to help town if i'm spending the entire time defending myself

i guess i should have been more clear

well see you on the other side i guess

Done posting for the day and probably won't be on for deadline, but just saying Snike needs 2 more votes to be at deadline. Don't NL because you forgot about votals pls

i meant i won't be able to help town if i'm spending the entire time defending myself

i guess i should have been more clear

well see you on the other side i guess

Your objective is to lynch someone who's town and you can possibly win alongside scum. That's not the sort of slot I'd like to have around when things get tight.

so are you janus and town, then? i wasn't even told what alignment my target is.