Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

so are you janus and town, then? i wasn't even told what alignment my target is.

I'm not saying any more than I need to.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inb4 shin makes a horrible scum slip

I'm scum, but none of you will ever know.

It'll make more sense after Randa processes my action, it's not a vig shot.

you just implied you were killing me so what Even is the point in hiding it?

Because it's not a vig shot. You blew your cover as the assassin, and my role is specifically set up to stop said assassin. It's as simple as that.

well I mean I already knew that, my role PM said so.

I am literally the most underpowered role I have ever been in a game ever. At this point I'd rather just die then.

Oh boy Excellen's crystalized a vote on me, what a suprise. Let us look at his wonderful case:

When reading kirsche's posts, the thought creeps up that kirsche already knows alignments. I also disagree with his argumentation for voting Vhaltz and later sheeping/wagoning snike up to the point where I think he might have an agenda that's not based on lynching scum.

Response to his case, in a point by point format:

-Ridiculous paranoia that can't really be argued either way. This is basically just a gut read, there's no logic behind this whatsoever.

-Disagreeing with someone doesn't make them scummy.

-Sheeping people doesn't make someone scummy.

i.e. his case is atrocious even for the standards of a case at the time from whence he came.

His other cases aren't spectacular either, he completely misrepresents Bizz's Paper vote. He essentially stopped reading the reasoning at the word shoddy in Bizz's explanation. Then apparently the likes of PB was an easy target and not a lurker, solidifying the terrible case.

The Snike case is better, avoiding having strong opinions is legit (I used that in my scummy and ass Vhaltz case though). Why would scum want to put themselves in a 1v1 though? Surely that would mean there would be a ~50% chance of them being lynched?

Honestly I was pretty happy to switch to Excellen in my last few posts but I wanted to see what he'd do with the time. Looks like my suspicions were all but confirmed. Will probably vote here come D2 unless I spot anything else.

As shin place his hand on via's shoulder you all hear a blood cutter long shriek. As the Naath flowed out of via's body they collapsed to the ground. Nobody can tell whether there alive or dead, but one thing is clear they no longer pose a threat to the army.

Dear quote, you are Jennifer Ardhuant the Lyncher of the Order of the Black.

There are 8 hours remaining in phase, it takes 6 votes to lynch at deadline and 8 to lynch at deadline.

Phase unpause

Edited by Randa

i died for your shins

I think the game might as well be officially over after this post, it's amazing.

So what happens with your role/alignment now?

##Vote Snike

Shrug. Eury and Gaius need to post stuff before phase end.

Because it's not a vig shot. You blew your cover as the assassin, and my role is specifically set up to stop said assassin. It's as simple as that.

So was it a shot that only removed the assassin from the game? What would've happened if you failed to hit the right target?

So was it a shot that only removed the assassin from the game? What would've happened if you failed to hit the right target?

Basically it would have failed and I'd have wasted it.

I really don't have much time (I had to get some rest last night after I posted, and I start work in less than 30 minutes, so... :/) to do any sort of re-reading or full blown casing on anyone at this point, but I will say that I'm okay with Shin removing Via, given some of the vibes/comments I was reading (in the last few pages) in their latest posts (and it poses less potential threat as a non-townsided unit).

>> If votes on (Snike?) are needed to secure a lynch, then I'm available to do so, but I do NOT actually know/have any thoughts/cases on Snike of my own at this point/time ((So in the event that I voted to help secure his lynch, I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of why he's even being wagoned at this point, aside from the fact that I'm trying to avoid having a NL occur today.))

Tl;dr: There's not much I can do for the end of this phase, unless it continues for a few more hours after my shift is done. So consider my slot/thoughts/reads/etc. kinda moot until the next incoming day phase. My apologies town-side. :/ (Kinda subbed in with rather poor timing on my part, but next day phase for me should be fine.)

This was the smallest Eury wall I've ever seen. We have like 5 hours and I don't see much happening other than a Snike lynch, which I'm still cool with, he hasn't said anything that makes me feel better about him. He decided to turn it into a 1vs1 against Vhaltz and hasn't really given me much conviction other than he'd rather lynch Vhaltz than himself?

Votals:

Snike (6): Prims, Shin, Yoloswag, Bossonova, Vhaltz, Snike

Kirsche (1): Excellen

Vhaltz (1): Snike

Voteless (3): Eury, Lord Gaius, Rosesgs

with 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch at deadline and 8 to hammer, phase ends in ~2 hours.

Time for some last minute thoughts I guess, will keep it short since Don't Starve Together is finally on sale and I haven't actually re-read anything.

Dunno what Via saw in Eury's first post that was scummy and generally wouldn't support a lynch on that slot unless somebody can explain how Mancer's early posts make any sense from a scum perspective (because they don't)

Kind of iffy on the Paper slot in general because even though their early content was agreeable he didn't really update any of his stances as the day went on. His disappearance happened not long after people started calling him out for sitting on the Rapier vote for a long time and the time window between his announcing internet problems and subbing out was pretty short. I might just be comparing it to Mancer announcing that he was busy but trying to catch up a couple of times until he gave up and requested a sub, but I feel like scum!Paper would be more willing to get his hands clean off the game since he loathes playing scum anyway. I still wouldn't really want to lynch the Paper slot over Snike because I'd be lynching them for what Paper didn't do, more than for what Paper actually did. Interested in seeing what Gaius posts.

Re:Shin, lynchers traditionally lynch town targets and it feels like it was probably wishful thinking on Via's part that they could actually joint with town. Scum having an anti-third shot would be weird though since they have nightkills to begin with if they actually wanted to get rid of a third so ??? I don't want to clear on risky setupspec since I have no idea if a mafia lyncher target vs an anti-third scum role make any sense flavorwise, but it feels pretty safe to assume that Shin is more likely town than not.

As the smoke cleared the scattered rebels fell back in a complete route. However the battle was not without its loses. You find snikes corpse on the ground, but strangely it's with the rebels.

Dear Snike you are Vale-dan-Rahksa, the Khandari re-director.

hm how interesting.

It is now night 1. You have 24 hour to submit actions.

Snike (6): Prims, Shin, Yoloswag, Bossonova, Vhaltz, Kirsche

Kirsche (1): Excellen

Vhaltz (1): Snike

Voteless (3): Eury, Lord Gaius, Rosesgs

Edited by Randa