Rhythm Tengoku Mafia: The Best + (Game Over)

Prims

I'm having trouble understanding this part, you're basically saying you think Elie is bad for ditching his Manix read? But you seem to think it's bad because some other person who was scum has done this in another game, do you think his reason for dropping Manix was particularly poor too?

Shin, did the last Blitz post change your opinion on him in any way?

Eli looks like he gives up his read, initially because he alludes to a vague townread on Manix, but later on it comes across as being that he couldn't pursue the case because he was getting flak for it.

Short answer, yes, he's not quite as bad. Long answer, I'm getting ready to head out to work and I can't give a better answer for a bit.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Refa that was obvious as fuck, why didn't you pick up on it earlier?" ~ Someone in postgame

Short answer, yes, he's not quite as bad. Long answer, I'm getting ready to head out to work and I can't give a better answer for a bit.

Long answer for real; His most recent post is far more comprehensive than his old ones, the tone's different and I get a general feeling of active involvement rather than a few sporadic remarks. Previously, he only really addressed small portions of the game and often responded to things with vague questions, but I'm feeling that Blitz is far more involved than before.

Also gg activity, I guess people here don't like ICE CREAM.

Blitz - Probably town, there is a distinct difference between townblitz and scumblitz

Elieson - Leaning town

Haze - ??? Promised more content 2 days ago and didn't do shit. If he is scum I think j00 is more likely town because Haze historically doesn't like to bus imo although a lone vote with no justification is p. weak either way

Iris - Still scum imo, has disappeared once her Elieson tunneling was called to light

j00 - Upon rereading previous j00 games I'm feeling more comfortable with town!j00

Kaoz - Leaning town because although Kaoz doesn't post much, I feel like he's actually trying to get stuff done in the few posts he has, whereas as scum it's hard to get any idea what his reads are.

Refa - Leaning town

Shin - >implying I can read Shin

Snike - Leaning town on meta reasons, town!snike tends to make more sense than maf!snike imo

Via (Quote) - Leaning town I think? idk normally I feel Via is more active than this

Basically I'd want to lynch between something like Iris and then maybe Haze/Shin I guess just because I'm leaning town on most everyone else?

Votals 2.3

Elieson (3) - Iris, Blitz, Refa

Iris (2) - Paperblade, Snike

Shin (2) - Kaoz, j00

Kaoz (1) - Shin

j00 (1) - Haze

Not Voting (2): Elieson, Via

You have 25 hours and 9 minutes left in the phase. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Kaoz, Haze and Iris have been prodded.

I'm still fine with lynching Shin, Iris too I guess.

Shin's last post isn't even particularly bad, but I feel the Blitz vote was lacking conviction in general and that he dropped it too easily. His Kaoz vote is okay, but pretty easy since he has been tunneling Shin all this time.

Basically I think Shin's scumhunting feels forced, but then again there's Haze, Elie, Kaoz and Via that just hasn't got much content or scumhunting at all this phase. I really wish we had more interactions with them to go on.

Elieson - Leaning town

Haze - ??? Promised more content 2 days ago and didn't do shit. If he is scum I think j00 is more likely town because Haze historically doesn't like to bus imo although a lone vote with no justification is p. weak either way

Kaoz - Leaning town because although Kaoz doesn't post much, I feel like he's actually trying to get stuff done in the few posts he has, whereas as scum it's hard to get any idea what his reads are.

Via (Quote) - Leaning town I think? idk normally I feel Via is more active than this

Basically I'd want to lynch between something like Iris and then maybe Haze/Shin I guess just because I'm leaning town on most everyone else?

Elieson- My problem is that while I can appreciate that Elie's been busy dealing with stuff until yesterday, he's put like no effort into doing anything today AND he's been a lot more active elsewhere unlike all of the other inactive players.

Haze- Fair point, I just had him lower down because of PoE but I haven't really bothered to analyze him.

Kaoz- How sure are you about this read? I thought Shin brought up a good point about his vote there being kind of weak.

Via (Quote)- Honestly, Via was pretty inactive in another ~extremely recent town game (if you know what I mean)~ so it doesn't bother me as much. It'd be cool if they posted though.

My lynch priority is like:

Elieson >= Iris (in that I'm pretty sure one of them is scum) > Kaoz >= Shin > Haze

Noone else is really worth noting.

I'm still fine with lynching Shin, Iris too I guess.

Shin's last post isn't even particularly bad, but I feel the Blitz vote was lacking conviction in general and that he dropped it too easily. His Kaoz vote is okay, but pretty easy since he has been tunneling Shin all this time.

Basically I think Shin's scumhunting feels forced, but then again there's Haze, Elie, Kaoz and Via that just hasn't got much content or scumhunting at all this phase. I really wish we had more interactions with them to go on.

There's not really much to go by otherwise, about half the game is inactive. Eli dropping his Manix case is retrospectively bothering me, and it's hard to form an opinion when there's no fresh material, likewise with Kaoz. An easy case isn't necessarily bad, unless you can see any reason why a weak tunnel vote park is a reason not to attract suspicion.

I'd be pretty down with an Eli or Kaoz lynch, I'm not quite sure what the case is on Iris. It's not that I'm townreading her but some clarification on where the reads have come from would be nice.

I don't really have any opinions on Via or Haze currently, their posts don't really trigger any alarm bells but the general absence of people in the game makes things really difficult.

I've looked back over Iris, specifically Paper and Snike's comments. I'll probably need to look over the end of D1 to make sense of things, but that can probably wait until not nearly Shin's bed time.

my motivation is so down lol I feel really bad. when does phase end? I'm gonna try to at least post something by then. I just read stuff and idk

ok today my boss was out so I was pulling double duty (triple actually, since the only other guy that I work with, showed up 5 hours late)

when Lexi goes down, I will have time to read.

Elieson- My problem is that while I can appreciate that Elie's been busy dealing with stuff until yesterday, he's put like no effort into doing anything today AND he's been a lot more active elsewhere unlike all of the other inactive players.

Haze- Fair point, I just had him lower down because of PoE but I haven't really bothered to analyze him.

Kaoz- How sure are you about this read? I thought Shin brought up a good point about his vote there being kind of weak.

Via (Quote)- Honestly, Via was pretty inactive in another ~extremely recent town game (if you know what I mean)~ so it doesn't bother me as much. It'd be cool if they posted though.

I didn't realize Elieson was active elsewhere. That's kind of bad but it may not mean much. Mafia is hard and stressful so I'm not sure how much stock to put into it

wrt Kaoz I'm fairly sure? But the last game I recall him playing in was like a year ago so I dunno but as scum he writes a lot but most of it is "I don't understand X can someone explain it to me" or replying to people's posts with "This is possible but have you considered X" with very little analysis. Granted this was all fairly out of date but I'm not sure I'd expect Kaoz's mafplay to get better with lack of practice?

so, finally making that post. If I screw up someone's name, forgive me, cause that is what I do when I lack sleep...

Well, I was under the assumption that the only time scum wouldn't want someone lynched is if it were one of their own. Unless Refa were hypothetically scum with either j00 or Eli, trying to save his buddy, it wouldn't really help the cause of evil. It's also the dynamics I was getting,

well, IMO, NL on D1 is really bad and quite worse than lynching town. On D1, if you NL, you pretty much start off exactly where you left off on D1 unless info roles/doc saves (or something cool happens) and that pretty much means mafia will be killing two townies, while the town are trying to decide their first lynch. This mostly applies to NOC and not OC though.

by underlined stuff, I meant you didn't bring anything against me about being tunnel visioned D1, which is odd. But, I don't consider it to be OMGUS. Also, agreed, we were both inactve as we could get, lol

regarding this

I normally do not think Elie is bad at casing people D1, it is just that I do not agree with his cases most of the times (because weird town meta from most of the guys he has cased so far) and he almost always sticks to them as town and finds a reason to stick to them as well, which also involves crazy reaction tests.

-his post made me think he thought Manix was town though (and it felt like back pedaling)

-town Elie IMO would have found a some method to pull a scumtest, I am pretty sure.

-he didn't say this in his original case, but, I guess I can accept it

-?? (I have nothing to say here)

I still think Elie would have tried a different approach if he thought Manix was actually scum rather than letting Manix off entirely. The vote switch could have taken place anytime, but, he wouldn't have not asked something or gotten Manix to do something if he was scumreading Manix

Eli looks like he gives up his read, initially because he alludes to a vague townread on Manix, but later on it comes across as being that he couldn't pursue the case because he was getting flak for it.

Shin actually said it better than I did.

I'm having trouble understanding this part, you're basically saying you think Elie is bad for ditching his Manix read? But you seem to think it's bad because some other person who was scum has done this in another game, do you think his reason for dropping Manix was particularly poor too?

What I meant about Snike being defensive was that he had a case on me, yet he spent a lot of time directly refuting my case on him instead of elaborating why I was scummy in a way that would convince others to vote me, i.e. he was focusing on not making himself look bad from me instead of trying to push why I was bad to convince others.

I don't get your "what made you think you were getting lynched" question, for a long time the wagon was either me or Elieson.

yeah and I pretty much called that other person out for pulling something like this in that game too.

oh, you meant that. I think that is just Snike meta cause Snike doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and would rather move onto the attack himself than leave it to a case. I also think he feels the need to refute cases on himself whenever there is one (from what I have seen in the last few games where I cased him, fun fact: he was town in all of the ones I cased him in and was scum in the others). I am not gonna consider that as alignment indicative cause of it.

oopps! that question was actually at Haze

I should re-quote it

@Haze what made you think you were getting lynched?

@Paperblade, Haze's one post (the long one) strikes me as something that came from a townie's perspective, but, I probably can't explain on the why I think so. But, one of the reasons is that as scum, I do not think Haze wouldn't leave behind some back tracking method out or Dormio.

also, other random thoughts, Shin was hard buddying with j00 with reference to case on Elie and I don't think the two are scum together (I can still see bussing as viable though)

I can probably see Iris turning up as scum, but I really want to know her thought process first, because her posts don't really out much.

if I missed/mistook something, it is probably cause no one should not sleep till 9:30 in the mourning. I should be off to sleep soon...

Okay, so can the people who haven't posted in ages mainly give their reads on Iris, Shin and Elieson?

If you're lazy and has got 5 pages to catch up on, these are ones under suspicion now and we're nowhere near a lynch. There's me and Kaoz too, but there's less suspicion/conviction here.

I've already mentioned Iris and Shin, and agree with the general consensus that Kaoz has been tunneling but I don't have anything else to say about him since he has like three posts. Elie hasn't got content today but I'm leaning town from his late D1 and is the one I'd like to lynch the least out of these.

I fell asleep at my desk and I'm currently driving to work.

Id like to

##Vote Kaoz

For his D1 dormio vote and his shaky reasoning behind it. I'll quote it later since I saved my post by emailing it to myself but something about how he was like "I just don't want the slot in the game any longer" makes things look like he wanted to place a mediocre vote that he could say "oops" to on D2, now that we see what dormio flipped as. Granted I haven't yet read any d2, only d1, but this is where I'm at currently

I don't feel like enough has happened to change my vote onto elie/shin and off of iris for right now, but a lot of that is due to the general stagnation of this game. I'll be here for deadline to consolidate, however.

I'm kind of here, but also kind of dying from heat.

Elieson, I didn't vote Dormio at any point. I said I don't want his slot to survive till XYLO because having a slot like that in XYLO sucks. I also said I didn't want him lynched over two of the other three wagons, so this makes literally zero sense.

As for my vote on Shin, I've simply not been getting a whole lot in terms of scum reads. I also don't have the same level of motivation I had three years ago, so I'm not really killing myself over it. In this context, Refa, why are you saying that my vote is weak in #362 when you were still agreeing with my reasoning in #301?

@Blitz #341

(1) I thought it was townie because he kept the vote until he himself actually understood the situation instead of dropping it half-heartedly, but he did switch after gaining that understanding. I think that's a townie thing to do. Also, I don't agree with using something Randa did to case Elieson.

(2) Where was I waffling on Elieson? The only other time I even mentioned him before then was to ask him a question.

@Paperblade #358

Didn't Haze and SB bus each other pretty hard in that one game --- Hard NOCs?

Only really got around to addressing stuff about/at me, but I got class now. Will go through some ISOs later though at least.