New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

Okay, i will stop with the roleplay thing, since it's more detrimental to the game than other thing. Like i said to the mod if my fun get in the way of other users's one i'll drop it therefore i will try to be more concise and simple to compensate my bad grammar and use of the english language overall.

So to respond to terrador post maybe because it's my first game but it's kinda hard for me to figure who could be a scum or not... Overall nobody did anything that could be "scummy" on my watch.

• Blitz post made a big confusion but it more because mine was even more confusing so he's not to blame on this.
  • Even if Darros was not active at first he then showed that he was competent, i'll way to see more of his posts.
  • Same case for crysta
  • I must admit that certain post of marth were confusing and off-topic but not enough to put directly in the scum case
  • Mancernecro the whole "he try to bury rapier" thing is too light of an argument for me. Why would a scum try to kill one person in particular at the vote ? i don't get it... third party could make sens but once again it's too light to make an accusation, so neutral for know.
  • For rapier it's true that some of is post are odd, odd enough to make people mefiant, but i didn't saw anything "scummy" in the case he made. And for the all defensive thing i still don't think we can accuse people based on that because when a town is menaced to be lyched it's normal to try to defend himself in my book.
  • Wen is for my the most suspicious off all for know he made really few post and non of them were consistant. Even with the time zone he could have at least commented on what's going one. I think it's really odd to play that way.
  • And for eclipse... I just know she know what she is doing and that she play really well... I don't think its a cover but who know ?

so despite having real doubts for now :

##Unvote

##Vote : Wen

tl;dr : no more roleplay. response to terrador : blitz : N/A Darros : N/A Crysta : N/A Mancernecro : N/A Rapier : N/A Wen: the most suspicious out ther Eclipse : not scum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM ANGRY GRRRRRR. ;/

Honestly I wasn't even that mad in my first post just flabber gasted at just HOW MUCH there was. I didn't think it was that dickish for my standards. If you want a dickish post you should read the above. B)

Totally forgot kirsche, snike and SB (and hunter) but it's pretty much the same case than evryone i don't think to have enough to forge an opinion about them ^^'

(but the point i made for wen could be applied on hunter and snike)

oh my god I just woke up I forgot game started at midnight

I'll do stuff later tbh I'm still really sleepy since I just woke up

Hey, I'm alive and free! Maybe I'll even go a little clinical in this post if I have the time!

@Mancer: You kind of smeared myself and (yourself?) in that post when the problem is, the votes prior to Izuharks' were somewhat clearly RVS as opposed to an actual reason (OMGUS). It just seems strange that you'd imply that your vote was bad to defend someone on early d1.

-Case-wise I don't really agree with the productivity part of the case because that's not really my issue with Rapier.

-Tone-wise, can't tell whether it's completely RP-wise or not but you also don't sound like your usual self. Maybe a cell and a check-up would bring you back to your senses.

On Rapier: It might just be me, but I feel like Rapier has a fascination with focusing on productivity over actual scumminess? I've seen variations of that theme in a lot of his recent content, and it bothers me because it suggests that he. The other thing about Rapier is, well, the point Eclipse brought up regarding Rapier's defensive section. To me it reads almost like a WHY ME? And that phrase is often said by fish off to the frying pan.

On Izuhark: I am not a fan of the reads listpost (which is overall null) then voting an inactive. Even though we've never been friends, Alison, Inactivity can be explained by people being busy (myself and likely) even when they should be able to post according to their timezones, so voting them isn't really doing much of anything to help find the bad guys. Which has been the story for most of the day phase. I also don't like being compared to wen and Hunter because my username is 5000% cooler (certified by the SFBA),

Overall, I'd like to keep my vote to jail on Mancer, but I'm willing to switch to Rapier or Izuhark with very little qualms, to get them the help they need. I'm not sure how I feel about Marth, but at the moment I feel like he's not as suspicious as the other three.

ASIDES(DO NOT MAFIA THEM):

@Eclipse: Do you mean that we can... I can... go back, and make a different choice? Is that possible?

@Kirsche: Your meta suggests that you are, in fact, an executive. What do you have to say for yourself?

No offense, it's just that i really didn't knew who to vote for because all of this is new to me and this is the first day, so rather than judging who is "scummy" or not i decided to see what does people have done useful to town or not. Maybe it was just a bad strategy but once again i'm trying too learn the game empirically. For the schedule argument you can always quickly post to say that right now you wont be active but say when if i am wrong feel free to correct me.

mafia discussion aside what the deal whith the "we've never been friends" ? o-o we just meet and if it's rp i don't remember having any name off people i especially don't get along with...

Ah and you can drop the whole Alison thing, i took heart into it but it was getting on peoples nerves and retrospectively it was pretty bad ... :(

No offense, it's just that i really didn't knew who to vote for because all of this is new to me and this is the first day, so rather than judging who is "scummy" or not i decided to see what does people have done useful to town or not. Maybe it was just a bad strategy but once again i'm trying too learn the game empirically. For the schedule argument you can always quickly post to say that right now you wont be active but say when if i am wrong feel free to correct me.

mafia discussion aside what the deal whith the "we've never been friends" ? o-o we just meet and if it's rp i don't remember having any name off people i especially don't get along with...

Ah and you can drop the whole Alison thing, i took heart into it but it was getting on peoples nerves and retrospectively it was pretty bad ... :(

That's the issue. Don't judge people's townliness by productivity this early, judge it by whether what they've done has come from friendly or unfriendly intentions.

PEDIT: Also don't try to analyze Weapons: he's a psychological headache to figure out.

@Schedule: What if the power goes out, or something urgent comes up? It's ok to check for a pulse every now and then, but voting a 'comatose' player this early is not making a good use of your visit.

@2nd paragraph: I'm sorry if that was offensive! :( I was just basing it off of my flavor pm list of characters (which don't include an Alison). The RPing wasn't bad but it was more of the case that your arguments weren't very clear, in my opinion. You can keep rping but maybe phrase it as if you're playing as the character as opposed to italics stuff?

It doesn't exist? Isn't it just that you can't see it?

Can we leave the ITP nonsense until later please, going "I don't want to die" doesn't make you ITP and it's not getting us anywhere.

No.

There's a really good chance we'll hit not-town today (I want to hit a specific anti-town today). But I need information, and a lot of it. You'd know this if you actually read everything I posted, because I've been feeding bits and pieces of the info I've gleaned to the rest of you.

So, if you have a problem with how I post things, and are not willing to put in the effort, you can either volunteer to be today's lynch, or you can sub out. But I will not brook the excuse of "too intimidating" as a cop-out for not reading.

Why Wen? The "we've never been friends" part is RP stuff. . .since Alison was supposed to be one of mine. :cry:

For examples of how to RP without it affecting reads, please see Snike. I've also been doing a wee bit of it, too. . .tee-hee~!

(the original name of this game was "Time Travel Mafia". . .even though the name has changed. . .)

I don't know why kirsche isn't taking into account that Marth could've done what kirsche did and NOT READ EVERYTHING, so I'm still uneasy about the former. Since there's been three significant people that have posted (Mancer/Poly's posts are null), my vote is still on no one. I hope the situation rectifies itself when I come back from my Sunday activities.

hum... okay but i don't have anyone that i find especially "unfriendly" for now so...

ah i think i explained why i voted for wen because he didn't post a lot and because the two post were inconsistant. And no because i know it was a bad strategy i soon will change my vote to ... no one for now i guess. ^^'

For the rp : ah it's interesting so we all have a list of friend so... (i really want to know more about the flavor actually ... :3)

In this world, "you did not exist".

Care to explain which anti-town you want to hit?

As for me, I'll hold off on voting again until I get a better idea of what's going on.

##Unvote

Cult leader. Can't identify the other two independent factions, sorry.

If I can't see it, how am I to know that it exists? Is there a way to become able to see it? Or just faith? And if I didn't exist, who did? What's going on?

@Eclipse: I can assume you were able to pin that information precisely? I'm aware that Balcerzak is a wily one, so it wouldn't be out of the question otherwise to suggest he 'forgot' a few details about this condition.

@Izuhark: That can come with time and reviewing the records. I hear the ISO links in the OP could help you form a diagnosis, so good luck! :) As for the flavor, well, it's tagged with Lovecraft so maybe it's some sort of romance plot? Personally, I don't have time to participate just yet.

I'll be back either later or on the morrow, as duty calls.

PEDIT: @Hunter: Why did you vote to jail Izuhark? I don't really mind, but you didn't really explain why you did so. Did you see any strange behavior from him?

PEDIT2 @eclipse: OK yeah that's definitely who we should go for, especially since they don't even have a church license! Any ideas on who it is so far?

The probability has been raised. All that’s left is for it to become reality.

My role is numbers. . .for now. The current game layout is as follows:

- 10 town

- 4 mafia

- 1 cult

- 2 independent

The second bit of info I got was that certain things may cause people's alignment to change (with the implication that multiple alignments could be changed at once), rendering this role useless when it happens.

With seven anti-town targets, I think it's very possible that we'll hit one of them. That's why I'm trying to sort people out based on alignment. Ideally, the cult leader goes down today. If things go well, a non-town member is lynched.

Lastly. . .throw the first sentence of the last five posts I made into a search engine, one at a time. Tell me what you get. :P:

seven anti-town targets,

That depends on whether the independents are anti-town or not. Unless you have more information, we could have only 5 anti-town members.

PEDIT: @Hunter: Why did you vote to jail Izuhark? I don't really mind, but you didn't really explain why you did so. Did you see any strange behavior from him?

Blind guess. Hence my unvote.

It seems, that the gears have caught.

That depends on whether the independents are anti-town or not. Unless you have more information, we could have only 5 anti-town members.

Independent theory is long and will probably clutter the game even more, but unless they're actively helping the town, they do not necessarily win with it. Hence why I lumped them in the anti-town category.

Regardless, discussing whether or not a theoretical independent who hasn't revealed anything about themselves should be considered anti-town won't help today's lynch.

Not putting pieces together is not the same as not reading everything, eclipse. As threatening as cult are going "oh my god: ITPs don't want to die, you don't want to die... therefore you must be IT!!11!" is ridiculous and you know it. Also Marth implied that he read it, why are you defending him? Let him answer before going "oh hey he might not have read everything". Man I am really overusing the snarky quotes today.

Analysing Marth a bit more:

I was gonna vote kirsche for being a dick and complaining about the game and voting Mancer for the wrong reasons

This is clearly admitting he was about to fabricate a case on me before realising that much of it (the Mancer bit, the rest isn't scummy) is wrong and having to shift focus. The quality of the end "case" on me further supports that he was just fabricating scum reads to seem contributory. xDon't really know how Blitz is fearmongering so it'd be good if he could explain that.

I am loathe to talk about his Wen explanation in case Wen actually comes in here and explains himself, but what's right about adding to the wagons? It's really just over reading into the RVS votes imo. Town can do this too, but the way he phrases the explanation makes it sound like he genuinely believes that it's a strong case? Adding to a wagon doesn't really make you stand out more tbh. @Marth: Is Wen still a scum read?

Izhuark is cool, don't worry about the RPing. It's a little hard to parse but honestly if you have fun doing it then keep doing it.

Eclipse is too busy hunting ITPs to scumhunt zzzz are you a Numbers Lyncher?

##Vote: kirsche

Read my posts and actually try to comprehend them. The Marth point wasn't a point in his favor, it was a point against you.

And cut down the snark. This is a forum mod request.

Trying to figure out Rapier's alignment is difficult because I keep wondering if the start of #121 is just acting, because it feels over the top. Cut that out. In general, I find his tone very off but I have nothing more substantial than that because I can't find myself actively disagreeing with his points.

I'm inclined to trust Terrador because of the way he went about pushing kirsche before he had a real suspicion, because I feel like Terrador is capable of faking suspicions and would've pushed Blitz from the start instead trying to put pressure on kirsche first and risk drawing attention to himself. I don't agree with his suspicion on Blitz, but as someone who doesn't play regularly I can understand why he would be skeptical of Blitz's alignment.

I also think that the way Mancer brushed off several votes on him makes him more likely to be innocent, as from past experience I've seen Mancer panic and attack the people who are suspicious of him when he comes under fire, and he still seems fairly calm now.

I'm still not satisfied with Marth's vote and it feels like he's trying to overjustify why he did it, and his explanation for why Wen was faking contribution still makes no sense. I'm also confused as to why he turned on Mancer so quickly - I had a somewhat similar push on Rapier earlier, so why did you completely ignore that and focus in on Mancer now? The mini-summary of the case bothers me but that might just be a semantics thing. Also, what do you mean by saying you aren't bothered by "most of Terrador's content" aside from his Blitz vote, when Terra has barely had anything else posted? That doesn't really make sense. My vote isn't moving until you give me a good reason to do so.

I was going to say eclipse was scummy for all of the neutral speculation but then I got distracted watching LCS and considering her role it makes enough sense that I'm not bothered by her. kirsche saying that she hasn't really tried to find mafia yet feels like he's exaggerating a single part of her play which bothers me a little, but I still don't lean strongly either way on him.

@eclipse: Snark aside you can't tell me you didn't say that:

It feels like self-preservation is kicking in, despite the fact that my vote was justified by your avatar. Due to ~reasons~, there are multiple people who'd have this kind of logic...

those "multiple people" are then implied to be independents:

Izhuark is giving off an independent vibe...

Is there more to it than this? Not in this post. Taking RVS seriously and not really understanding the whole probability thing isn't really scummy, and you highlight it as much when you specify that defending himself is scummy. That's right, you saw someone defending themselves and decided that only ITPs would want to do that. I'm calling you out for it.

The Marth point wasn't a point in his favor, it was a point against you.

This does not affect my defense in any way. I said that Marth implied that he read it, so I don't need to worry about him "NOT READING EVERYTHING".

Honestly I fucking hate it when people go "duh huh you misread something dumbass go read again" instead of just pointing out what I missed. I've read the thread, I've read your damn posts, I might have missed something or overlooked something, but I read them. If I didn't respond to something I either find it uninteresting or generally agreeable. I don't want to comment on every little thing, most of which doesn't matter, because then we get posts like #113.

@SB: I may be blowing up this one thing, but even you've noticed how prominent it is. My main impression of her is that she's more interested in hunting ITPs than mafia and that's not a good impression.

Marth > Eclipse >>>> Mancer