Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mewtwo and Sonic are tied, Sorry since Euk wanted to discuss Mewtwo, I'll be pulling my vote for him, and do so next time.

mm5avid.jpg

d5LYn2t.png "What you see is what you get. Just a guy that loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog."

Origin: Sonic The Hedgehog for the Genesis/Megadrive

Year: 1991

Developer: SEGA/Sonic Team

Japanese VA: Jun'ichi Kanemaru

English VA: Roger Craig Smith

Frame Data

RSATD: Many of Sonic's basic A attacks come from the lesser known fighting game, called Sonic The Fighters, which was rereleased on Microsoft and Sony consoles with online modes

Sonic is a very very solid character, fastest in the game by a mile by natural means, he has little lag, so he has an ability to punish even from a huge distance. His combo game is fairly good as well, his spindashes have acouple advanced techniques associated with them, as well as being stupidly good. Sonic's throws are fairly decent, his attacks overall do decent damage, his gimping game is also fairly strong, one of his stronger points is that he can stall a game to insane amounts, which allows for timeouts, approaching Sonic is difficult to do, but he struggles somewhat with projectiles.

Currently considered a top 10 threat, and is likely to stay there, also not a character many people like fighting

I enjoy fighting Sonics if they're not the For Glory kind.

That being said I feel he is a very good character, and I also want to say he probably has top 10 frame data in the game as well? (don't quote me on this)

that being said projectiles are indeed an issue, so characters like Mario who have barely any ending lag with his moves, and can keep Sonic at bay with his fireballs can prove to be troublesome. Luigi can probably be thrown in the same boat too and arguably can be even harder to approach, I'd think.

Brain dead, pick up and play character. I'm out.

Considering his advanced techniques and the fact that his best KO moves were nerfed to hell, I wouldn't say he's brain dead.

Certainly not on Mario, Diddy or Falcons level at the more basic stages of the game.

have you ever tried timing someone outit takes a lot more than people give it credit for

can confirm

i wonder why somics don't go for the two frame ledge vulnerability with nair

yeah, sanic is one of the only characters in the game I have no grasp on playing whatsoever, I just can't make him work

I hate playing against him though. Thank god they nerfed his backthrow though, that shit was stupid. I don't think i've seen anyone actually try to time someone out with smash 4 sonic.

Sonic is pretty balanced IMO. He's top ten, but not every top ten character needs nerfs. I've never played as Sonic that much, but Sonic players are fun to watch.

Also unrelated but his model looks great in this game. Pretty much every character looks good but Sonic looks especially colourful.

Brain dead, pick up and play character. I'm out.

yeah, sanic is one of the only characters in the game I have no grasp on playing whatsoever, I just can't make him work

I hate playing against him though. Thank god they nerfed his backthrow though, that shit was stupid. I don't think i've seen anyone actually try to time someone out with smash 4 sonic.

I enjoy playing D3 and Spamus, who all get thoroughly rakt by highly competent sonics. That said, I've never been able to pull a B->UpB->[followup move here] as sonic and I think I'm just destined to be stuck cheering for the four people that use him competitively.

Ive never had interest in playing sonic, mostly because I had other characters I enjoyed more. He is a fun fight for me though because its a challenge. Though in For Glory I can stand more than one match against him.

He is a nightmare to fight when I play Ike because of Ike's generally slow movements and attacks.

Edited by Tolvir

static manny times people out in tounament with sonic.

jedi, what is your opinion on sonic? :P

You really want me to go on my "Sakurai didn't make Sonic accurate enough to his games overall" or "He should be a hyper offensive glass cannon" rants on here?