Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

use the c-stick; slowing down is, obviously, slower

sidenote this especially occurs with ledgedrop bair

I need to start using the C-Stick more in general, but it feels unnatural to me because habit of all those years playing smash and not utilizing it.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know c-sticking aerials is almost required to play Ryu. C-sticking in general is really good in this game, I suggest everyone learn it.

I see a little resemblance, but not a lot. :P

And Ike is sexier because no man is as sexy as RD Ike. How did this guy not get married at the end of RD? He could probably get any girl he wanted!

There's only one explanation...

I know c-sticking aerials is almost required to play Ryu. C-sticking in general is really good in this game, I suggest everyone learn it.

Yeah i've been slowly attempting to adapt that, maybe I need to just sit down and do it until it becomes habit, even if I'm not going to use Ryu really.

Yeah i've been slowly attempting to adapt that, maybe I need to just sit down and do it until it becomes habit, even if I'm not going to use Ryu really.

tbh you should be learning it anyways; it makes things like dthrow->uairs so much easier to throw out on time, for example

consider messing around with claw grip. i found that i need to switch to that whenever i want to do rising needles with sheik. it's weird as is any change in controls but it's not hard to get used to. if you're going to use c stick for aerials, don't forget to switch it to attack. if you keep it as smash, it will halt your momentum in the air.

How fast can you grab from a Focus Dash?

Also yes his Utilt is hilarious, and super good.

pretty fast. not that much landing lag iirc. and for ryu i just rather use c-stick for aerials because of the tatsu lol

consider messing around with claw grip. i found that i need to switch to that whenever i want to do rising needles with sheik. it's weird as is any change in controls but it's not hard to get used to. if you're going to use c stick for aerials, don't forget to switch it to attack. if you keep it as smash, it will halt your momentum in the air.

Yeah I have it set that way already, I just never got to actually putting it into practice.

pretty fast. not that much landing lag iirc. and for ryu i just rather use c-stick for aerials because of the tatsu lol

Hmm, ok that seems like a pretty solid option then.

Already peeps, have we discussed all we need to on Ryu or do people still have more to say?

Ok then. Lets see how long this lasts.

tWohoCI.jpg

qDvkFWz.png "Our world is one of balance... Just as there is light to drive away darkeness, so, too, is there benevolence to banish evil."

Origin: The Legend of Zelda for the NES

Year: 1987

Developer: Nintendo

VA: Jun Mizusawa

Framedata

RSATD: 3 of her B moves are spells that the Great Fairy taught Link all the way back in Ocarina of Time.

Zelda, Zelda, Zelda. Where do we begin, she has alright tilts, some fairly ok smashes, a very punishing Up B that can kill someone really early if they get trapped in it, however she is incredibly light and designed to be a glass cannon, with very few ways of actually fulfilling this role. The main things that she needs are speed and slightly more reach imo, she has limited options in the neutral such as nair and Naryu's, but she lacks good grab range, to even get her simple dthrow -> nair combo off.

Her dash attack can actually KO at higher %'s and she does have two Lightning Kicks which can KO pretty well when sweetspoted, however she doesn't have nearly enough reward for these risks as of right now. Her design is counter intuitive to how she should work, although I will admit I have alot of fun as Zelda when I do end up playing her, but she lacks good safe options apart from like dtilt and utilt and those don't help the approach. I did have some fun learning a footstool tech with her, as it can lead into her very precise stomp dair.

Sadly she is currently considered one of the weakest characters in the game, even with ok results at the beginning of the games lifespan and a few more later Nairo victories, he just really understands how she works more than shes better than people say.

I honestly don't think shes the absolute worst, but she's down in the bottom end somewhere I think, although with how Smash 4 works, that isn't as devastating as say Brawl, she can't really get chain grabbed to death at least here.

Edited by Jedi

Who could possibly qualify as worse than Zelda?

She's fun to dick around with but I can't imagine trying to play with her.

Also I'm not sure if the upb elevator is actually reliable when taking DI into account; it's possible there's enough time that you're able to react to DI, but I'm not sure.

Who could possibly qualify as worse than Zelda?

She's fun to dick around with but I can't imagine trying to play with her.

Also I'm not sure if the upb elevator is actually reliable when taking DI into account; it's possible there's enough time that you're able to react to DI, but I'm not sure.

In my mind DHD and possibly noncustom Palutena, but thats just me being weird.

We could test that DI theory later if you want.

zelda's grab is actually slower than most of the other non-tether characters. yes, she has no good OoS options. down smash is okay but it's frame 5 in this game iirc, which is 12 frames OoS. i'm not sure if it retains leg invincibility or not.

zelda probably has the worst neutral game in the game. she's easy to harass at any distance thanks to her slowness, large-ish size, and poor frame data.

zelda's grab is actually slower than most of the other non-tether characters. yes, she has no good OoS options. down smash is okay but it's frame 5 in this game iirc, which is 12 frames OoS. i'm not sure if it retains leg invincibility or not.

zelda probably has the worst neutral game in the game. she's easy to harass at any distance thanks to her slowness, large-ish size, and poor frame data.

Yeah that grab... Why, I think the leg invincibility does exist though.

In my mind DHD and possibly noncustom Palutena, but thats just me being weird.

We could test that DI theory later if you want.

DHD at least has usable projectiles. I could maybe see Palutena being worse, I guess.

e: frame 11 jab, frame 10 grab makes a compelling argument for zelda being worse imo

j/s

I at least am like the worst at following DI ever.

Also there is no partial invincibility on dsmash.

Edited by Euklyd

Only character I could see as worse than Zelda is Jigglypuff. Duck Hunt is bad but not anywhere near bottom. Tuna is pretty bad but I don't think she's at the bottom either.