Galzus did something amazing on chapter 6

Alph

I didn't want him attacking my units while I was farming exp, so I used a cheat code to change his master sword into a restore staff. So using his brain he takes the long sword off the armor boss guy, and the game converts it back to a master sword. I didn't even know enemies could trade. So using cheat codes again I converted that sword into a restore staff as well.  

Then using his brain again he makes his way down to the map's armory shop and purchases an iron axe for himself ant continued pursing my units, luckily we were close to the escape points so we got away, but it made me think wow, the NPCs in the game are way more intelligent than I thought, he was almost acting like an AI.

Lol that's pretty cool! I already knew that in FE5 the enemies could trade and buy weapons if they were unnarmed but I never heard of anyone actually talking about the experience, must look scary.

1 hour ago, Alph said:

So using his brain he takes the long sword off the armor boss guy, and the game converts it back to a master sword.

Galzus is a master smith, this is the only explanation for this madness.

Thracia is truly a unique game.

1 hour ago, Alph said:

Then using his brain again he makes his way down to the map's armory shop and purchases an iron axe for himself ant continued pursing my units

Did the Iron Axe turn into a Master Axe? I'd be bricking it if I was in that position.

Yep, Thracia enemies can buy items. One of the best sources of money is to actually steal all an enemies items, have them go to an armoury to buy another weapon and then immediately steal that weapon leaving them to buy another that you can immediately steal. The enemies have infinitely deep pockets so infinite killer axes for you to steal and sell.

Enemies actually trade in other games too. It's usually only vulneraries though.

Thracia steal tactics are always so fun-sounding on paper. Then I actually look at the thieves and it's impossible to get them to a con stat that actually lets them do fun stuff, because they both have horrible con, the only con growth boosting scroll only grants a 10% increase and the only con statbooster is all the way in Xavier's map. I don't know how people do these silly "steal enemy supplies to make them buy more for you" strats when the thieves can't lift anything that isn't a fire tome without extensive RNG abuse.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thracia steal tactics are always so fun-sounding on paper. Then I actually look at the thieves and it's impossible to get them to a con stat that actually lets them do fun stuff, because they both have horrible con, the only con growth boosting scroll only grants a 10% increase and the only con statbooster is all the way in Xavier's map. I don't know how people do these silly "steal enemy supplies to make them buy more for you" strats when the thieves can't lift anything that isn't a fire tome without extensive RNG abuse.

Can't you somehow capture the enemies, take all their stuff, and then let them go to buy more things? Or they always disappear when you capture them? (I only played like half of the prologue/chap one yet, so I'm not sure if I was even doing it the right way, since they apparently died after being captured but I read that it's possible for them to NOT die, like one of Misha's recruitment requirement)

2 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Can't you somehow capture the enemies, take all their stuff, and then let them go to buy more things? Or they always disappear when you capture them? (I only played like half of the prologue/chap one yet, so I'm not sure if I was even doing it the right way, since they apparently died after being captured but I read that it's possible for them to NOT die, like one of Misha's recruitment requirement)

Releasing a captured enemy causes them to disappear. I think for this to happen, it'd require the really odd situation of the capturer being captured themselves. Killed also works, but well, you lose them forever lol.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bro is terrible at Lithis'ing

SMjj9rD.png

Half of the fun in Thracia for me was how I could just steal everything. Almost made me feel like I was cheating getting all those chapter 9 lances or straight up yoinking master lances, leaving lategame bosses with nothing to fend themselves with. Then again, you don't actually play the lategame, do you? Most dedicated Thracia fan.

2 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

You cannot. If you drop them, they disappear. If you capture units you're meant to keep alive for later recruitment or other scenarios (such as Shiva in 2x), be sure to NOT drop them after taking their stuff, or they'll basically be classified as dead. Simply grab the killing edge, then seize the map while he's still on you. 

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Bro is terrible at Lithis'ing

SMjj9rD.png

Half of the fun in Thracia for me was how I could just steal everything. Almost made me feel like I was cheating getting all those chapter 9 lances or straight up yoinking master lances, leaving lategame bosses with nothing to fend themselves with. Then again, you don't actually play the lategame, do you? Most dedicated Thracia fan.

Yeah this seems really awesome, but... how do you do it? Save state abuse? Because man's con growth is pitiful.

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Then again, you don't actually play the lategame, do you? Most dedicated Thracia fan.

Not my fault Thracia lategame is boring at best, actively opposed to the concept of fun at worst.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah this seems really awesome, but... how do you do it? Save state abuse? Because man's con growth is pitiful.

I've only played the game once. Perhaps I was simply lucky. Or more likely, I'm good at Lithis'ing. Turns out I'm the world's worst Asbel user. Dude was awful for me. Ronan was S tier. Olwen was mid. Salem laughs. Sadly, I haven't used Marty and I didn't do B rout for Shanam. I'll totally use them next time.

Seriously, Asbel was so bad. Bro was on 0% growths mode, and he had SCROLLS ON! 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not my fault Thracia lategame is boring at best, actively opposed to the concept of fun at worst.

I enjoyed using my staves to destroy the enemy frontlines while charging with my capped army. But I simply feel too disgusting to warp skip. I'm not a casual.

3 hours ago, Alph said:

didn't want him attacking my units while I was farming exp, so I used a cheat code to change his master sword into a restore staff. So using his brain he takes the long sword off the armor boss guy, and the game converts it back to a master sword. I didn't even know enemies could trade. So using cheat codes again I converted that sword into a restore staff as well.  

Then using his brain again he makes his way down to the map's armory shop and purchases an iron axe for himself ant continued pursing my units, luckily we were close to the escape points so we got away, but it made me think wow, the NPCs in the game are way more intelligent than I thought, he was almost acting like an AI.

Thracia is very loveable for trying the most outlandish things that you'd see recognized in those 2 hour video essays about obscure indie games with small details that appease to the average autistic gamer's mind. It's funny seeing AI's purposely dumb'd down in specific moments to show them playing dumb to buy time or set up an ambush. It's great visualizing the desperation of Thracia's gorilla warfare through your army having to loot off defeated foes while the enemy cling to any chance they got to survive through getting weapons through any means necessary, including capturing your own units. Gameplay features that integrate into the world building of FE5 are not just exclusive gameplay features made only for the player to strategize with. It's a necessity for survival, and it's also how the enemy would presumably attempt to interrogate your army regarding you.

This is also accompanied by permanent status staves and pitch black fog. Thanks FE5. At least you can take said staves to meme them right back.

In other words, IT REALLY MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE SHOUZOU KAGA!!

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you counting Lara as dancer, or are you forgetting about best thief Pahn?

On 10/24/2023 at 5:56 AM, Alph said:

So using his brain he takes the long sword off the armor boss guy, and the game converts it back to a master sword.

Huh, I am a bit surprised about the game converting the weapon into a Master Sword for him.

I will note that the most common way to see the enemy buy weapons is if you strip Marty of all his weapons before he leaves the party, when he returns as a red unit, he will have to go buy a new ax to attack you with before you recruit him, hence he gifts you a fresh ax from the shop, free of charge.

23 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Releasing a captured enemy causes them to disappear. I think for this to happen, it'd require the really odd situation of the capturer being captured themselves. Killed also works, but well, you lose them forever lol.

As far as I know that should work. At the very least I know for certain the capturer dying version works.

On 10/24/2023 at 5:40 PM, Shaky Jones said:

I've only played the game once. Perhaps I was simply lucky. Or more likely, I'm good at Lithis'ing. Turns out I'm the world's worst Asbel user. Dude was awful for me. Ronan was S tier. Olwen was mid. Salem laughs. Sadly, I haven't used Marty and I didn't do B rout for Shanam. I'll totally use them next time.

Seriously, Asbel was so bad. Bro was on 0% growths mode, and he had SCROLLS ON! 

I enjoyed using my staves to destroy the enemy frontlines while charging with my capped army. But I simply feel too disgusting to warp skip. I'm not a casual.

Thracia is very loveable for trying the most outlandish things that you'd see recognized in those 2 hour video essays about obscure indie games with small details that appease to the average autistic gamer's mind. It's funny seeing AI's purposely dumb'd down in specific moments to show them playing dumb to buy time or set up an ambush. It's great visualizing the desperation of Thracia's gorilla warfare through your army having to loot off defeated foes while the enemy cling to any chance they got to survive through getting weapons through any means necessary, including capturing your own units. Gameplay features that integrate into the world building of FE5 are not just exclusive gameplay features made only for the player to strategize with. It's a necessity for survival, and it's also how the enemy would presumably attempt to interrogate your army regarding you.

This is also accompanied by permanent status staves and pitch black fog. Thanks FE5. At least you can take said staves to meme them right back.

In other words, IT REALLY MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE SHOUZOU KAGA!!

Lol sometimes your units just get abhorrently lucky or abhorrently unlucky like that, I'm playing FE8 and my L'Arachel managed to get 10 levels without gaining a single HP point so she's ready to promote but still has 18 HP like she had when she joined at lv 1! She dies every time she's attacked, quite sad because I don't wanna bench her.

Also, fuck FoW maps and fuck pitch black FoW maps in FE5 (I found out that they're pitch black in FE5 like 2 or 3 days ago and this made me consider for some moments if I should keep playing the game or not, because fuck FoW maps). But yeah, in general the mechanics in Thracia such as being able to capture or rob your enemies is something that attracts my interest a lot! Wonder why they didn't ever use this mechanics again...(as far as I know at least...)

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Lol sometimes your units just get abhorrently lucky or abhorrently unlucky like that, I'm playing FE8 and my L'Arachel managed to get 10 levels without gaining a single HP point so she's ready to promote but still has 18 HP like she had when she joined at lv 1! She dies every time she's attacked, quite sad because I don't wanna bench her.

Also, fuck FoW maps and fuck pitch black FoW maps in FE5 (I found out that they're pitch black in FE5 like 2 or 3 days ago and this made me consider for some moments if I should keep playing the game or not, because fuck FoW maps). But yeah, in general the mechanics in Thracia such as being able to capture or rob your enemies is something that attracts my interest a lot! Wonder why they didn't ever use this mechanics again...(as far as I know at least...)

L'Archel's HP growth (45%) is pretty low, but still, 10 levels 0.0 That's like a quarter of a percent chance of happening.

52 minutes ago, Jotari said:

L'Archel's HP growth (45%) is pretty low, but still, 10 levels 0.0 That's like a quarter of a percent chance of happening.

Yeah, I checked her HP growth yesterday because it was sorta hard to believe it, still I won't bench her, next chapter I use her (which won't be now as I'm on the desert chapter) I'll just give her that angelic robe and then hope she gets 1-3 HP points from her promotion.

There's also my Ewan, that gained 23 or 24 levels and only got 3 points of Def but since his Def growth is just 15% so there's not much to complain here (unlike L'Arachel, because whenever she doesn't dodge she dies), I wasn't expecting to be as lucky as Shaky Jones who managed to get Lifis Con to 20 even though he has a 10% growth (I mean, seriously, dude, how the fuck can you be so lucky?).

When I end a playthrought of some FE I always wonder if one of my units got extremely lucky or extremely unlucky in some stats but I absolutely don't have the pacience to check everyone's growths and then compare to all of my units' stats, but it still is something that is always on the back of my head.

Yeah, I checked her HP growth yesterday because it was sorta hard to believe it, still I won't bench her, next chapter I use her (which won't be now as I'm on the desert chapter) I'll just give her that angelic robe and then hope she gets 1-3 HP points from her promotion.

There's also my Ewan, that gained 23 or 24 levels and only got 3 points of Def but since his Def growth is just 15% so there's not much to complain here (unlike L'Arachel, because whenever she doesn't dodge she dies), I wasn't expecting to be as lucky as Shaky Jones who managed to get Lifis Con to 20 even though he has a 10% growth (I mean, seriously, dude, how the fuck can you be so lucky?).

The DS games had a good idea with their modular growths. Was that abandoned thereafter or is it in modern games? No one seems to ever talk about them.

When I end a playthrought of some FE I always wonder if one of my units got extremely lucky or extremely unlucky in some stats but I absolutely don't have the pacience to check everyone's growths and then compare to all of my units' stats, but it still is something that is always on the back of my head.

Well he starts with 6 and gets 1 from promotion to make 7. And if he gets he body ring he's knocked up to a base of 10. From there it's a matter of getting him 10 procs in 36 levels. With the Nall scroll he has a 20% growth rate, which would get him an average proc every five levels. This means his natural average con with the body ring would be 17 if you leave off levelling him at all in the Manster chapters and wait until you have the scroll. Not actually that impossible for you to get lucky and pick up an extra three levels beyond average.

Edited by Jotari