Mythic Hero - Veyle: Gentle Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

Personally, I find Veyle as a character very meh so I'm not at all excited for this. Congrats to anyone who wanted her though, I guess. Still gotta pull blue to try for Freyr though.

It's interesting that Diamant skipped the queue, wasn't fallen f!Byleth supposed to be next? Or did she already go and I forgot?

I like how they chose to ignore that Obscurite is dark magic and thus should've been a red tome in FEH.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's interesting that Diamant skipped the queue, wasn't fallen f!Byleth supposed to be next? Or did she already go and I forgot?

Fallen F!Byleth was on the Mirabilis Remix banner for what that's worth. She hasn't shown up on a banner for a new Legendary or Mythic, though.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fallen F!Byleth was on the Mirabilis Remix banner for what that's worth. She hasn't shown up on a banner for a new Legendary or Mythic, though.

Fair, although showing up on a remix banner doesn't usually stop them from still showing up on regular legendary/mythic banners, right? Also, I'm pretty sure they skipped Ascended Fir as well to get to Diamant. I'm not complaining, just kinda surprised they did this.

So ... is there anything about mythic Veyle that's different from a hypothetical "base Veyle"? Or is this just her base form, much like Sothis?

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fair, although showing up on a remix banner doesn't usually stop them from still showing up on regular legendary/mythic banners, right? Also, I'm pretty sure they skipped Ascended Fir as well to get to Diamant. I'm not complaining, just kinda surprised they did this.

Ascended Fir also hasn't shown up on one of these banners, but was featured on that Returning Ascended & Rearmed Heroes banner last month.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... is there anything about mythic Veyle that's different from a hypothetical "base Veyle"? Or is this just her base form, much like Sothis?

I'm guessing this is just base Veyle. And I mean, why not? The actual title of "Mythic Hero" doesn't mean anything anymore when characters like Otr and Lif are apparently "Mythic".

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

This is just base Veyle. Sothis is a good comparison. The only thing that could make a hypothetical "base Veyle" any different is her second prf weapon (yeah, she has two), but...I think I know exactly what they're saving it for.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm guessing this is just base Veyle. And I mean, why not? The actual title of "Mythic Hero" doesn't mean anything anymore when characters like Otr and Lif are apparently "Mythic".

If that was the direction they were going to go, I wonder why she's a mythic as opposed to a legendary. Also, might as well have just made both male and female Alear's base versions mythic heroes (or legendary) from the get-go since they're more mythic than Veyle is, being actual deities worshipped in Lythos. Lumera, too.

Also guess we should all expect to see a certain alt next year ...

I don't know who she is, I don't know what she does, but I love her already; her design just got me immediately. I don't have a lot of orbs left to farm on my account, but I will try to scoop up as much as I can and hope I can get her.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Every Mythic is that character's base form.

Her being a Mythic is a bit odd to me as she always felt more like a Tiki, Fae, or Myrrh of her game and honestly (as said before) feels less 'mythical' then Alear, but it is what it is. May pull a bit on Blue since I have no one in that group, but I'm probably not dipping that much into it. Veyle's pretty decent as a character, but the handling of her writing left me feeling a bit mixed overall so I'm not as attached to her as I am other Engage characters.

Edited by Medeus

Yet again, the title has "dragon" in it, but the unit is not a dragon (combat-wise.) ... I think FEH needs to be reminded of what dragons are.

Anyway, dang, she's just kind of crazy. Very res-oriented, and makes herself and her allies resist magic and deal lots of damage. A bit of an all-in-one for resistance-based combat. Kind of crazy. She'd be great support for a blizzard team.

Anyway, the Brodian brothers are here too. I do want Diamant, but I'll just hope to summon him normally since he's in the regular pool. Not sure if I'll free pull blue or red, but that'll be all. I need to save my orbs.

Her exclusive passive skill grants "Drive Scowl", but uses her Res for the stat comparison instead of the unit actually in combat. That's nifty.

She clearly wants to be running Still Water instead of Atk/Res Finish, but Atk/Res Finish doesn't have good distribution yet, whereas Still Water already has decent distribution.

And the usual translation notes:

Veyle's epithet, "Gentle Dragon", is "優しき竜" (yasashiki ryū), "Gentle Dragon".

Obscurité is "オヴスキュリテ" (ovusukyurite), "Obscurité".

Atk/Res Tempo is "攻撃魔防の拍節" (kōgeki mabō no hakusetsu), "Atk/Res Tempo".

Fell Protection is "邪竜の救済" (jaryū no kyūsai), "Fell Dragon's Salvation".

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Every Mythic is that character's base form.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it/sum it up, characters like Líf and and Ótr were probably only made Mythic because IS wanted to create hype for the OCs, and also to not have to make a whole banner for them at the end of the year (good that they found out that OCs don't have to be Mythic though...but only when we got to the actual dragon gods), I think the only early game exceptions was the Loki/Muspell/Ylgr/Hellbindi banner?

About Veyle... Yeah, good that the banner is skipable (the only unit here I might want is Citrinne so I'll just free pull on green and leave it at that), cause I'm saving my orbs either for the next great thing or for when Heidr shows up again because Im still salty I didn't get her... Although if she doesn't rerun until december I'll probably end up burning all my orbs on Gullveig if she happens to be similar to her Brave version (or if she has any sort of skill that grants an extra action to herself or to an ally, like Heidr or B!Gullveig, because I'm a sucker for this sort of stuff).

Somehow I managed to acumulate 50 orbs (+41 on my mail, so basically 91 orbs total) and still havent collected the ones from Halloween and from the new story chapter neither most of the training tower ones this month, Im not sure I ever got this much at the same time (and if I did, I'm sure you can count how many times it happened on the fingers of a single hand).

I've been noticing a scary rise in Res lately (since less than a year ago, probs started with Ninja Camilla or Valentines Leo), probably the most notable rise on a stat in such a short time, so I'm scaried to see how much res Veyle will have.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

3 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

(good that they found out that OCs don't have to be Mythic though...but only when we got to the actual dragon gods)

It's not so much that they "found out" and more that they were creating too many Heroes characters to be able to viably use only Legendary/Mythic Hero banners for them.

6 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

characters like Líf and and Ótr were probably only made Mythic because IS wanted to create hype for the OCs,

Also because they're not human.

It's worth noting that every Heroes Mythic Hero so far has been a non-human character. To be fair, there aren't that many human Heroes characters to begin with, but all of them are either regular units (Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Surtr, Ylgr, and Letizia) or Legendary Heroes (Fjorm, Gunnthra, Hrid, and Veronica) in their base form.

4 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

I don't know who she is, I don't know what she does, but I love her already;

👍

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I'm actually a little surprised they made her a tome user and didn't give her the breath treatment.

She has Scowl in her Prf skill, if that counts?

As for my own thoughts, I'm really happy for Veyle to be added despite my utter lack of Orbs at the moment, but I'm so confused about her implementation:

• Why is she a Mythic? Someone on Reddit pointed out that she's our first non-OC since Gotoh + Fomortiss, but is that really why? (She's also the first non-OC Mythic to not be a literal god or "mythic" figure who wasn't playable beforehand.)
  • Why is she using Obscurite when that weapon works on all Fell Dragons and her Prf is the Misericorde dagger? I figured she'd come with that with the tome reserved for a Fallen alt.
  • Obscurite is Blue. Reddit also pointed out how it completes a weapon triangle with og! and L!Alear, but still: her implementation is so bizarre!

I still want to get her, of course! But why couldn't she have been a regular unit, or even a Rearmed or Attuned unit if IS wanted to adapt her Personal skill? At least the other Blue units are new to me as well, though I personally would have preferred Eitr over Freyr for fodder purposes even if I know logically that he's a better unit to have.

Edited by DefyingFates

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

👍

She has Scowl in her Prf skill, if that counts?

As for my own thoughts, I'm really happy for Veyle to be added despite my utter lack of Orbs at the moment, but I'm so confused about her implementation:

• Why is she a Mythic? Someone on Reddit pointed out that she's our first non-OC since Gotoh + Fomortiss, but is that really why? (She's also the first non-OC Mythic to not be a literal god or "mythic" figure who wasn't playable beforehand.)
  • Why is she using Obscurite when that weapon works on all Fell Dragons and her Prf is the Misericorde dagger? I figured she'd come with that with the tome reserved for a Fallen alt.
  • Obscurite is Blue. Reddit also pointed out how it completes a weapon triangle with og! and L!Alear, but still: her implementation is so bizarre!

I still want to get her, of course! But why couldn't she have been a regular unit, or even a Rearmed or Attuned unit if IS wanted to adapt her Personal skill? At least the other Blue units are new to me as well, though I personally would have preferred Eitr over Freyr for fodder purposes even if I know logically that he's a better unit to have.

Obscurite does feel like it would be thematically better for her fallen variant, but she is primarily a tome user so her getting tomes for her "base" form is not too weird.  Misericorde still looks "evil" enough that it won't look too out of place (assuming they even give her fallen variant Misericorde and don't resort to some kind of Uber Evil Obscurite).

As for why she's a Mythic at all, it's odd, but I think there are two primary reasons.

1)We don't have a huge amount of Engage characters in the game yet and this helps to put her in it without devoting a banner slot to her.

2)The only other Engage mythic they have potential for is Sombron, since they burned Lumeria as a GHB.

I expect we'll see Rafal and Nel as Mythics for this reason too.

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I expect we'll see Rafal and Nel as Mythics for this reason too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo! If Veyle's a Mythic, those two are likely to be too. I'm going to delude myself into thinking the chances aren't 100% because they're DLC characters*, but our best bet of them not being Mythics is probably through them being an Attuned pair, which would make just as much sense (heck, Nel's Personal Skill is specifically tied to him being deployed alongside her).

* I'd much rather we get a Cindered Shadows + Yuri deal with them appearing on a banner with the other Four Winds**, then getting Mythic alts down the line. Maybe with their lance and axe first, then as dragons for the latter?

Spoiler

Obviously Nel would be on the banner and Rafal would be a GHB.

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

1)We don't have a huge amount of Engage characters in the game yet and this helps to put her in it without devoting a banner slot to her.

2)The only other Engage mythic they have potential for is Sombron, since they burned Lumeria as a GHB.

I'd argue for 2 that Lumera could still be a Mythic with Wille Granz, but these are fair points. You have to admit IS did 1 to themselves by ignoring Engage for six months though.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo! If Veyle's a Mythic, those two are likely to be too. I'm going to delude myself into thinking the chances aren't 100% because they're DLC characters*, but our best bet of them not being Mythics is probably through them being an Attuned pair, which would make just as much sense (heck, Nel's Personal Skill is specifically tied to him being deployed alongside her).

* I'd much rather we get a Cindered Shadows + Yuri deal with them appearing on a banner with the other Four Winds**, then getting Mythic alts down the line. Maybe with their lance and axe first, then as dragons for the latter?

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously Nel would be on the banner and Rafal would be a GHB.

I'd argue for 2 that Lumera could still be a Mythic with Wille Granz, but these are fair points. You have to admit IS did 1 to themselves by ignoring Engage for six months though.

Well Lumera could certainly still be a Mythic. The issue is that it would be breaking the trend, which is that Mythics have always been new characters. I feel like they might soft break that trend with Sephiran/Lehran, who has two identieis and two designs to go along with them, and is in the game already but not under a base form. And they might be interested in breaking it anyway since the pool of Mythics is rapidly dwindling. Or at least the pool that isn't backstory characters with only a name and half a vague design to go off of. If they do put her Lumera, I expect it'll be in her Drgaon form, Wille Glanz we might never seen (still haven't seen Sword of Serios with several Rheas now in the game).

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The issue is that it would be breaking the trend, which is that Mythics have always been new characters. I feel like they might soft break that trend with Sephiran/Lehran, who has two identieis and two designs to go along with them, and is in the game already but not under a base form.

While I don't think Lumera will be a mythic, that "soft break" has already happened with Seiros/Rhea and arguably Alfonse/Lif and Veronica/Thrasir.

The ruling on mythics here seems to be that it must be the base form of a specific identity, but a theoretical "mythic Lumera" would just be Lumera. This is also why I don't think characters like Idunn and adult Tiki will ever be mythics, despite how people often predict them. Lehran/Sephiran could certainly end up as the next Seiros/Rhea, though.

Makes sense for Veyle to not be a dragon unit. She doesn't have a dragon form, since she lost her dragon stone in Engage... or get rid of it, I don't remember exactly.

Could they done something like Sothis where she transform but doesn't transform (or like legendary Alear, that doesn't even have the transforming animation) and have the tome's animation as her breath attack? Yes, they could... but I prefer to see her as a tome unit.

One thing what they could have done is put a "Skills with 'effective against dragons' are effective against unit" on her weapon, but I don't think IS would do that on a unit they really want to sell well these days, considering she is is a unit that grants counter against insta charge specials during combat effects.

With that said, her utility is quite nice. Having the Resonant Combo and plus Drive Scowl is very good for a support role. Funny how she is pretty much the 3rd Astra Mythic that would really like Still Water (Elimine and Seidr are the others).

I don't know high I would rank her to me. Plumeria and Seidr are two mythics that I consider top tier (one for being a dancer, and the others for having amazing support). Then I also use Elimine, which has her utility lowered against a team with Freyr, but when the goat is not there she does an amazing job.  These 3 are the ones I use all the time, then I use a 4th mythic as bonus unit.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not so much that they "found out" and more that they were creating too many Heroes characters to be able to viably use only Legendary/Mythic Hero banners for them.

Also because they're not human.

It's worth noting that every Heroes Mythic Hero so far has been a non-human character. To be fair, there aren't that many human Heroes characters to begin with, but all of them are either regular units (Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Surtr, Ylgr, and Letizia) or Legendary Heroes (Fjorm, Gunnthra, Hrid, and Veronica) in their base form.

I figured Ótr was human, and Ullr too (unless you consider that she's some sort of elevated human because of her pact but then you'd be able to say this about every holy blood bearer)

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Probably they just wanted an Engage mythic so they picked her, must have regretted making Lumeria GHB and realizing that they weren't so full in options.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, are attuned heroes always gonna come in pairs? Did they say it somewhere? For some reason I assumed that it was just Peony and Triandra, as they were the first ones (if it's always, theyre gonna take so much space on the banners!)

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well Lumera could certainly still be a Mythic. The issue is that it would be breaking the trend, which is that Mythics have always been new characters. I feel like they might soft break that trend with Sephiran/Lehran, who has two identieis and two designs to go along with them, and is in the game already but not under a base form. And they might be interested in breaking it anyway since the pool of Mythics is rapidly dwindling. Or at least the pool that isn't backstory characters with only a name and half a vague design to go off of. If they do put her Lumera, I expect it'll be in her Drgaon form, Wille Glanz we might never seen (still haven't seen Sword of Serios with several Rheas now in the game).

Yeah, specially  when the main story of FEH ends, we'll be deadly short on mythics, they're probably already aware since they even made that "now every month will be a Legendary except when we say so" thing, dropping the usual pattern we had. I figure they'll probably start doing this thing of ignoring that it has to be the OG alt, as you said (also bet they'll do a Mythic adult Tiki someday too)

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

One thing what they could have done is put a "Skills with 'effective against dragons' are effective against unit" on her weapon, but I don't think IS would do that on a unit they really want to sell well these days, considering she is is a unit that grants counter against insta charge specials during combat effects.

I wish they'd use effects like this again, or like Haar's prf (Blue tomes become effective against him but takes away the advantage against bows), it was so cool and unique (leven though in Haar's case you were most certainly already leaving him away from blue tomes, it was still a cool thing to add).

4 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wait, are attuned heroes always gonna come in pairs? Did they say it somewhere? For some reason I assumed that it was just Peony and Triandra, as they were the first ones (if it's always, theyre gonna take so much space on the banners!)

It wasn't specified, but their gimmick seems to be that they're Heroes who get their power from their relationships with someone else. Given Nel and Rafal's relationship is a big part of who they are, they seem a good fit. At least they wouldn't be two OCs taking up space?

Of course, given how quickly the "Arcane weapons are evil" thing got dropped, the "pair" thing could be as well - and that's not even considering the possibility of Attuned pairs coming one banner at a time.

26 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

She doesn't have a dragon form, since she lost her dragon stone in Engage... or get rid of it, I don't remember exactly.

She got rid of it.

26 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That would have been a nice nod to how she works in Engage, but I agree that giving her a free weakness doesn't make sense unless they also gave her something to compensate for it as Julius did.