2024 Resplendent Wishlist

Magenta Fantasies

Is it just me or does Resplendent Severa's outfit look almost identical to her base form? Like, especially so? If you missed the black feathers at her side you could be excused for thinking this is just her default outfit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished Selena had a different theme for her Attire. Not only the colors here are too close to her normal clothes, but also she is an Emblian Attire Resplendent that will come after an Emblian Attire Resplendent (Brave Celica).

Or at least then waited a little bit before having 2 Emblas in a row.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• 2 weeks later...

The next Resplendent Hero is being announced early again, and to no one's surprise, it's Brave Hector, but this time he's in a Nifl outfit:

chara_img_00001003000280_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001003000280_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001003000280_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001003000280_04.png

Nifl has always had the most drab-looking outfits, and it's nice that this one actually looks visually interesting. Thankfully, they've been getting better at this recently, it seems, though it's still a bit hit or miss.

I'm also glad we have Nifl armor that looks normal instead of like Fjorm's and Hrid's solid metal bricks.

Hector's stats have certainly seen better days, though he's still plenty viable for PvE content. The Resplendent stat boost brings him up to 55/44/29/46+/35- with maximum Dragonflowers, which is a little bit bulkier than Valentine Rudolf at the cost of losing out on a sizable chunk of Atk.

On the bright side, Maltet is actually comparable to Arcane Qiang, granting an additional +1 Atk/Def/Res and stat penalty nullification over Qiang in exchange for losing +5 Spd, +1 Special charge rate, and the extra HP and additional stat from a stat refine.

While it is less recommended to run Hector as a Far Save tank nowadays due to his lower Res and the insane damage output of modern offensive ranged units, his Ostian Counter is still better than all of the alternative Distant Counter options for the slot outside of Atk/Def Prime 4 with significant team support to get the necessary stacks on it to activate Distant Counter. That said, it probably is still better to run him as a Near Save tank now and leave Far Save to more specialized units.

This finishes off all of the CYL 2 units. It also brings Blazing up to tie with both Tellius games as the titles with the largest completion percentage at 60% of their eligible units:

1. Nifl Ilyana
  2. Askr Brave Veronica
  3. Hel Soren
  4. Embla Brave Celica
  5. Embla Selena
  6. Nifl Brave Hector

It's also worth noting that Blazing now has as many units with Resplendent outfits as both Tellius games have eligible units combined.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I usually find the Nifl outfits bland (it’s my least favorite theme,) but this is one of my favorites. Shigure also had a pleasing Nifl outfit.

At last, we are done with the CYL 2 winners. Unfortunately, the CYL 3 winners are looming on the horizon and they’re moving closer. I hope some Book 1 and Book 2 characters I want will be added before the CYL 3 winner glut begins.

6 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

At last, we are done with the CYL 2 winners. Unfortunately, the CYL 3 winners are looming on the horizon and they’re moving closer. I hope some Book 1 and Book 2 characters I want will be added before the CYL 3 winner glut begins.

They were at least very quick with getting all of the CYL2 Resplendents out.

If I remember right, CYL Ike got his Resplendent in February 2021 and then they didn’t get to the next CYL1 Resplendent (Lucina) until December 2022.

Can it be? I actually get to cross someone off my list, after three whole months? Gasp!

1. Hector: Brave Warrior
2. Joshua: Tempest King
3. Finn: Lance of Legend
4. Lyon: Shadow Prince
5. Nino: Pale Flower
6. Kaze: Easygoing Ninja
7. Camus: Sable Knight
8. Lewyn: Guiding Breeze
9. Nanna: Nordion Princess
10. Mist: Helpful Sister
11. Catria: Middle Whitewing
12. Klein: Silver Nobleman
13. Lissa: Sprightly Cleric
14. Cherche: Wyvern Friend
15. Tobin: The Clueless One
16. Clair: Highborn Flier
17. Gray: Wry Comrade
18. Ayra: Astra's Wielder
19. Canas: Widsom Seeker
20. Leo: Sorcerous Prince
21. Stahl: Viridian Knight
22. Boey: Skillful Survivor
23. Rebecca: Wildflower
24. Bartre: Fearless Warrior

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up next, we have Hana wearing the first Jotunheimr outfit in seven months. I really like her art, although I have mixed feelings on her as a character and wish that one of the many Fates characters I like more (several of whom are on my wishlist) had been chosen instead. It doesn’t help that Hana comes after Selena and Azama, who I’m also not crazy about. Come to think of it, it’s a little strange that we would get two units of the same type (infantry sword) from the same game (although to be completely fair, Selena is from Conquest and Hana is from Birthright, although Heroes usually classifies all three as “Fates”) almost consecutively.

Jotunheimr Hana is next:

chara_img_00002013000017_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00002013000017_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00002013000017_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00002013000017_04.png

While Hana's weapon is outdated at this point, her stats aren't too bad. With the Resplendent stat boost, she has 45+/43/44/31/34- with maximum Dragonflowers, which is just a point behind Flavia (43+/44+) offensively. Compared to other 4-star units, she's stronger, but slower, than Kamui (41/44+) and Guy (40/46-) and slightly behind Inigo (45/46+) and Lapis (43-/47+).

And although her weapon is outdated, it isn't entirely unviable, as the effective damage against armors gives it a sizable boost to Atk against armors, and it still has a serviceable +4 Atk/Spd, though only on player phase. She can run it with No Quarter + Emblem Marth + Velocity 4 (once it's released) + Null Follow-Up 3 and probably do decently against slower armors. Duo Chrom, after all, still does quite well in a straight-up fight against a lot of armors despite having stats and a weapon that aren't significantly better than hers.

And here's what we now have so far for this calendar year:

1. Nifl Ilyana
  2. Askr Brave Veronica
  3. Hel Soren
  4. Embla Brave Celica
  5. Embla Selena
  6. Nifl Brave Hector
  7. Jotunheimr Hana

Prior to this, Jotunheimr was the theme with the second-least-recent release, with the last unit being Nephenee on August 10 of last year. Only Ljosalfheimr was less recent.

Additionally, this now puts Nidavellir one more unit behind Jotunheimr as the least- and second-least-used themes.

• 3 weeks later...

The next Resplendent Hero is Muspell Black Knight:

chara_img_00049001000172_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00049001000172_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00049001000172_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00049001000172_04.png

His stats with the Resplendent boost aren't awful, sitting at 55/41/41/42/25-.

While his weapon is actually decent for a Distant Counter weapon due to the fact that armors don't have good Distant Counter options for the A slot and Arcane Devourer's effects overlap with most of the options for the B slot, it's also hard to justify running Distant Counter at all nowadays unless the unit's weapon and stat spread is specifically tailored for that job, and Black Knight's certainly isn't.

And when it comes to builds without Distant Counter, he still falls short of Winter Manuela and Valentine Hana as a fast sword armor and Arden and Halloween Kellam as slow sword armors.

But he's at least usable.

The lineup so far this year has been:

1. Nifl Ilyana
  2. Askr Brave Veronica
  3. Hel Soren
  4. Embla Brave Celica
  5. Embla Selena
  6. Nifl Brave Hector
  7. Jotunheimr Hana
  8. Muspell Black Knight
Edited by Ice Dragon

Posted (edited)

The Black Knight’s art is amazing! He has some of the best art of any Resplendent alt. I was really hoping we’d get a Muspell Resplendent and a GHB Resplendent soon, so I’m happy to see him. There are a lot of GHB characters I’d like to see have Resplendent alts, so I hope this trend continues. Still, I think I’ll let my FEH Pass expire because I don’t use the Black Knight and his original art is also fantastic.

What other GHBs do you speculate will receive Resplendent alts soon? I was thinking about this a couple days ago. The ones I want most are Panne (Jotunheimr), Naesala (Embla), Xander (also Embla), Navarre (Muspell), Michalis (also Muspell), Oliver (Vanaheimr, whenever we get Vanaheimr Resplendent outfits) and Berkut (Muspell.) However, I think Lyon, Xander, Berkut and Narcian are most likely.

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

The Black Knight resplendent art looks really cool, it'll be fun to use a powered up version of him again. I can't help but wonder who in the FEH universe dresses up the resplendent outfits and think about how carefully they painted the indents at the top of his helm red.

• 2 weeks later...

This next one will be Soleil because we definitely need another sword infantry Resplendent from Fates.

Oops, that was just the copium talking there. It'll actually be someone completely inexplicable like Karel instead because we're due for a Resplendent that barely anyone wants.

The next Resplendent Hero is Muspell Male Grima:

chara_img_00001002000222_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001002000222_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001002000222_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001002000222_04.png

As amazing as the art is, I really wish it weren't a second Muspell outfit in a row, especially since we already have more Muspell outfits than any other theme. I think he would've looked great in a Nidavellir outfit.

His stats with the Resplendent boost come out to 55/47/31/42/34 with maximum Dragonflowers, which is pretty respectable.

Like Black Knight, Distant Counter isn't in style anymore for armors due to the existence of Save allowing units to specialize, but unlike Black Knight, the Arcane weapon he has access to, Arcane Grima, doesn't step on the toes of passive skills that are commonly used by armors. Additionally, this version of Grima doesn't have an exclusive skill, so he can run an Arcane weapon with no drawback. Alternatively, he also has access to New-Sun Stone for an even bulkier build.

This year's lineup now looks like this:

1. Nifl Ilyana
  2. Askr Brave Veronica
  3. Hel Soren
  4. Embla Brave Celica
  5. Embla Selena
  6. Nifl Brave Hector
  7. Jotunheimr Hana
  8. Muspell Black Knight
  9. Muspell Male Grima

As mentioned above, Muspell already had the most outfits, which means they're now above the theme with the second most outfits, Embla, by 2 units, at 17 total.

Meanwhile, Nidavellir is still sitting at 5, and they still haven't given us a Vanaheimr theme. We also haven't gotten a single fairy outfit yet this calendar year.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Well if nothing else, this means Resplendent Fallen Celica can happen……but probably not anytime soon.

As for what we actually got, that Special activation art is really good.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

This next one will be Soleil because we definitely need another sword infantry Resplendent from Fates.

Oops, that was just the copium talking there. It'll actually be someone completely inexplicable like Karel instead because we're due for a Resplendent that barely anyone wants.

At least Karel has more fans than Azama and Gordin, who have both had Resplendents for a while. As far as Blazing Blade characters go, I’d say Karel is middling in popularity. He’s no Ninian or Nino, but he’s not rock-bottom. Karel is fairly high on my wishlist, but I’d be torn about him getting a Resplendent. The stats would benefit him, and I’ve invested in him considerably so far.

IMG_9336.thumb.png.df380932020bf52fd58f3b021daa3fe1.png

On the other hand, Karel has some of my favorite art and dialogue in Heroes and I’d be sad to see those replaced by art and dialogue that will probably be worse. Even losing Karel’s special art/dialogue in exchange for Galeforce was bittersweet.

In other news, next we have Resplendent Legendary Male Robin/Grima. I can’t say I’m surprised that Legendary characters are now getting Resplendent alts—this is something I’ve been wondering about for a while—but I’m definitely disappointed. At least his outfit and art are excellent. I never liked Legendary Male Robin’s original art, and this is a definite upgrade.

I must admit, I’m surprised by the number of people who have already responded. It’s just before 7 AM on a Thursday where I live, and new Resplendents (amongst other things) are announced at 2 AM. Those time zone differences…

37 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

In other news, next we have Resplendent Legendary Male Robin/Grima. I can’t say I’m surprised that Legendary characters are now getting Resplendent alts—this is something I’ve been wondering about for a while—but I’m definitely disappointed. At least his outfit and art are excellent. I never liked Legendary Male Robin’s original art, and this is a definite upgrade.

There is no Legendary Male Grima. This one is the Fallen version in the standard pool.

I have Fallen Robin at +10 already so the stat boosts will be very appreciated. And that art is genuinely great.

2 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

This isn't a Legendary unit.

I just looked at the Meet Some of the Heroes categories and you’re right. Male Robin/Grima is not a Legendary, but Female Robin/Grima is. That’s incredibly bizarre. 😵‍💫  It becomes even more bizzare now that I realize how many years it took for Male Robin to get a Legendary alt. Perhaps there is hope for Male Corrin yet…

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

The next Resplendent Hero will be-

YES!

I’ve been waiting for Resplendent Camilla for a long time, and I was hoping Dokkalfr would be her theme! Perfect!

Still, in the back of my mind, I wonder if I’ll actually use her or if it’ll be a case like Resplendent Soren where I was delighted to see him get a Resplendent, but I’d rather use the objectively better CYL Soren who is the same type of unit. At least her art isn’t a downgrade, unlike Resplendent Soren’s. I kind of prefer it to Camilla’s original art. It’ll take a lot of work to make Resplendent Camilla even remotely as good as Legendary Camilla.

Edited by Magenta Fantasies