Who would you consider the smartest and dumbest Lords of all?

ARMADS!!!

23 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Claude: "Hey, I'm the Prince of Almyra."

Edelgard: "Hey, I know the secret dark history of the Church and it's rulers."

Dimitri: "Hey... I'm telling!"

Both Claude and Edelgard have serious reasons to distrust Rhea, so it would be phenomenally stupid of them to reveal their secrets to each other - and much less to the goody-two-shoes, pre-skip Dimitri. Unless their plan is to get put under surveillance, thrown out of the Academy, or perhaps even imprisoned.

I didn't say they should reveal their personal secrets to each other. None of what you just said is at all what I said.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Posted (edited)
On 12/29/2023 at 2:31 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sigh...I hate to mention it, but mister I don't pick fights I can't win Ephraim deserves a mention for being the Gariest Stus of Fire Emblem protagonists even on the intelligence side of things. Sadly this poorly written member of the blandula twins is unable to lose, even when by all logic he should, because of how perfect, and gifted, and handsome, and intelligent he definitely is, the writers promise.

Yeah, the worst part is that they even mention that Ephraim is not a book smart person but unfortunately this is only an informed flaw, as it never shows, is like when they try to make a Mary Sue be "clumsy" and that's their only flaw (bonus points if they're not actually clumsy, just like how Ephraim is not even dumb, he just had low grades or whatever). If he's so book dumb then where did he even learn strategy on first place? Is he supposed to be some sort of super prodigy that takes everything out of his ass without studying strategy to any degree?

On 12/29/2023 at 9:46 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Dumbest Lord is Edelgard, based on Chapter 11. Picture this - you want to steal the Crest Stones, which are locked in the Holy Tomb. You also have a disguise, and a seemingly-unfettered ability to warp yourself. Do you A) Break in during the one day of the year when the continent's most powerful political figure, and the wielder of the ultimate legendary weapon, are there; or B) Break in on any of the other 364 days of the year? Even if Edelgard couldn't warp down there without visiting beforehand, she could just... join Teach on their field trip there. Hell, everyone would expect that to happen on BE routes, since she's in Teach's class. Why not show up, take a mental inventory of the stones, and do a quick "warp in, snatch em up, warp out" a week later? And while we're at it, how about not bringing monsters and Metodey, when you say you "really don't want to hurt your classmates"?

Teach is actually the smartest Lord, for letting Rodrigue stay dead. It was necessary to break Dimitri out of his funk. Turnwheel there, and he'll never ocercome his desire for revenge.

(Also for letting Jeralt stay dead, because otherwise he'd turn into one of the White Beasts when Rhea goes berserk, and that would be really messed-up, wouldn't it?)

On 12/29/2023 at 10:35 PM, lenticular said:

I don't think that's even Edelgard's dumbest moment. Consider:

In the prologue, Edelgard is attacked by Kostas and very nearly ends up with an axe buried in her skull. She only survives because Byleth decides to leap in front of the axe (which doesn't qualify for dumbest lord status itself on the grounds of being an instinctive reaction rather than a considered one) and then lucks out by happening to have the ability to control time.

In chapter 2, we learn that Kostas has been acting on behalf of his employer, the Flame Emperor.

In chapter 11, we learn that the Flame Emperor is, in fact, Edelgard.

In conclusion: Edelgard orders Kostas to kill Edelgard, without seeming to have any sort of plan to prevent this, and only survives due to ridiculous luck. Edelgard is the dumbest girl.

I didn't actually play 3 Houses but given these things you two said, it really gives the impression that the writers made a draft for the script/lore of the game and only decided who was actually the Flame Emperor by the mid of the draft and then didn't go backon what they had already wrote to see if they had to change something on the story or not, by making it be Edelgard. It can't be intended for her to be that dumb

On Sigurd the matter, I agree completely with the whole of @RPGuy96's comment, there wasn't a lot he could've done to stop the coup or the loptyr cult (gee, even if he had listened the woman who told him that Deirdre shouldn't leave the forest or something, the Loptyr cult would've find her sooner or later, as they had already mentioned that they knew she was around there and were close to finding her) but he really could have not collected countries as if they were Pokemon cards, when possible. I don't think that he was dumb for letting Deirdre behind and she wasn't dumb for leaving the castle either, as everyone is saying: they were just concerned about each other, and she was probably gonna be captured regardless (I mean, there was nothing stopping Manfroy from entering the castle right? so he could've come even if she stayed, and what would Shannan even have done about it? At most he'd see the captor's face so they'd have a clue of who took Deirdre but I doubt they'd do anything with this information, maybe Manfroy would kill or take Shannam AND Seliph with him too if she had stayed inside), who knows, maybe he'd even be able to capture her on the battlefield even with Sigurd and the others there, if not on their faces, he could find a way to lure her to some meters away from Sigurd and then take her, the whole thing really seems unavoidable. Ironically, the only way to stop the cult would be to kill Deirdre (or Arvis but that'd require them to know stuff they couldn't know and obviously would have bad consequences) but given the information they had, that wouldn't have been a sane (let alone smart) decision at all (also, it would probably only postpone the problem, the cult would probably just tell Arvis to have some kids with a random bloodless woman until he got a boy and a girl- or just a girl- with minor blood, and then make them have kids until one came with major blood).

BUT while I don't find Sigurd dumb, he definitively comes across as a bit naive, or as having a bit of a crooked (overly chilvaric/heroic) vision of the world,or of things in general. While it wasn't the motive for the Loptyr cult to find Deirdre or anything, Sigurd did decide to marry her on a heartbeat, he also did go around conquering territories while thinking he was being super heroic and not even considering how to avoid it or what could be the consequences for not avoiding it (and yeah, while he probably couldn't have done anything, he still didn't even stop to consider if the orders were really coming from the pacific and anti-war prince or from Reptor, who he already knew that was close to the prince and enemy of his father, he didn't even question it to himself), he does look a bit naive when it comes to politic stuff (like not realizing that the orders could've come from Reptor) which is pretty bad considering he is the son of a Duque and is gonna be on his place someday (maybe he'd be able to not become the scapegoat of the coup at least, if he had realized this before, but I'd have to check the story on detail to be sure), and then some minor moments like how he comes across as a bit dense (or completely tone deaf, even) during Azel's recruitment (Azel says he's terrified of his brother and that he feels like a burden to him and Sigurd basically responds "Oh yeah? cool, anyway..."). Also he somehow had sex with Deirdre at least once without noticing any of her two holy marks... Did he just never see her without that circlet, I wonder? Another thing, not exactly naive of him as it could just be something that slipped past him, but the absolute lack of interest in even knowing who was Arvis' fiancee (he didn't even ask the girl's name to Queen Lana, wasn't he insterested to know if it was some noble he knew? Or interested in knowing if it was some important person and how it could change the politics of the country and all?) ended up causing him a completely avoidable head ache (like, not even Azel wanted to know who she was? No one cared in the slightest). Still I don't feel like I'd consider him the dumbest in the series, maybe (and I'd have to check the script to be sure) he is the one that screwed himself the most by comitting some mistake or not thinking well throught something or letting something important slip by, but I'd bet it's just mostly because he was screwed from the start anyway.  

Edited by ARMADS!!!

On 12/29/2023 at 9:23 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Claude: "Hey, I'm the Prince of Almyra."

Edelgard: "Hey, I know the secret dark history of the Church and it's rulers."

Dimitri: "Hey... I'm telling!"

Both Claude and Edelgard have serious reasons to distrust Rhea, so it would be phenomenally stupid of them to reveal their secrets to each other - and much less to the goody-two-shoes, pre-skip Dimitri. Unless their plan is to get put under surveillance, thrown out of the Academy, or perhaps even imprisoned.

Claude probably has the better reasoning IMO, although I don't think either hold up depending on the point of view. The Church, while not the friendliest to outsiders, doesn't seem to oppose them at the highest level. Rhea hired Shamir and has Cyril as her personal assistant/servant. Petra and to a smaller extent Dedue are allowed to attend with little-to-no consequence. If Claude, as the prince of Almyra came to Rhea and said "I want to improve relationships by going undercover and ultimately working to stop the cycle of violence between our two nations," I honestly don't think she'd oppose it. ...so long as Claude doesn't mention tearing down walls just yet. 

Edelgard ironically has a lot of similarities with Rhea, from both having their siblings murdered by the same people, to having the same enemies, to subtly and forcefully changing the geopolitical landscape of Fodlan to fit their ideologies. To me, Edelgard is where Rhea was. While they have no reason to be honest with each other, if they could both be a little more honest, I think they'd actually work great together. Although maybe that's the point.

Scarlet Blaze also had a really good set-up for that. Edelgad comes to Rhea for help in outing TWSITD, and from there we could have seen the two team up to take them out. Remember that the Church, while allowing Crests to be prominent in society, doesn't condone it. (IIRC, one of the lore drops mention the Goddess "turning her back" on the people of Fodlan once they started to abuse the power of the Crests.) If Edelgard said "I can get rid of our mutual enemies if you step down and allow for a meritocracy system," I don't think Rhea would actually oppose that much. (Rhea's mindset would be like "sure, try out your little changes and I'll revert the system back in a couple of centuries," but maybe could come to appreciate and even agree with the changes over the course of the route.)

As for Dimitri, I honestly don't think he'd tell. Well, not for Claude anyways. He'd ruminate over it, and he would fundamentally disagree with Edelgard, but he'd prefer to talk it out and come up with a solution that fits all of their needs rather than fight at first. Dimitri's first instinct isn't to tell, but to research, verify, and then act. 

7 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

As for Dimitri, I honestly don't think he'd tell. Well, not for Claude anyways. He'd ruminate over it, and he would fundamentally disagree with Edelgard, but he'd prefer to talk it out and come up with a solution that fits all of their needs rather than fight at first. Dimitri's first instinct isn't to tell, but to research, verify, and then act. 

In fairness to Dimitri, he's the only one out of all of them that ever attempts diplomacy after he gets his shit together. Said diplomacy contains zero actual realpolitik discussion of actual terms and is pure empty platitudes, but at least he tried.

I feel like a lord worth mentioning in this conversation is Leif. For the same reasons Roy should be considered one of the smartest (overwriting the advice from his advisors for better strategies and such), Leif has to lean heavily on his two advisors in that game, as well as expertise of more capable and experienced leaders that fight under his name. There are tons of examples throughout the game of Leif not knowing how to plan and carry out battle strategy, or be a leader and champion for his people. At the start of the game he's oblivious as to why people resort to banditry, and he's generally bad at politics. I don't really think it's his fault; He was raised in hiding and had an extremely sheltered and non-conventional childhood for a lord. To his credit, the game showcases really well him becoming a capable leader who is knowledgeable and cares about his people by the end of the game. And much of this is due to his willingness to listen to multiple viewpoints (mainly his two advisors that have conflicting world views) and determining for himself what is true and best for his country.

I don't think that necessarily makes him dumber than say Corrin is, because Corrin had every opportunity to be a knowledgeable and skilled leader and still sucked. I actually like a lot of the ideologies that Corrin stands true to, and I think exploring pacifism amidst a brutal war is a really great concept. However the writing of fates, and the ludonarrative dissonance of the gameplay really makes Corrin seem inexcusably stubborn and oblivious.

Contrary to some of the comments here, I'd call Edelgard the smartest.

How is it that she acceded to the throne and took power from the insurrectionist nobles in the first place? It doesn't look like much went into that (her father swore her in and that was that), but that's only true on the surface.

I recall one comment which said something to the effect of "It must've taken years of quiet planning". If we take this at face value and accept it as true, and given how complicated the feudal governing structure of Fodlan is, then we can assume it took "18th century European political intrigue" level of maneuvering to pull this off. Furthermore it was done completely under the noses of the insurrectionists, as Ferdinand's dad was taken utterly by surprise when the coronation happened. Some other FE lord saying "We'll hide in some bushes and ambush our foe" or "We'll split into two armies and surround them" is quite simplistic compared to whatever it is Edelgard pulled off here.

Then, there's the attack on Garreg Mach itself. Fodlan is confirmed to be about 2/3rds the size of Europe and armies traveled on horseback. Meaning it'd take a long time to march from the empire's heart to the monastery, and this force would be seen coming a long way off. Instead, the empire disguised soldiers as merchants and pilgrims, and painstakingly amassed an invasion-sized force within 2 weeks' travel from their target, all without being detected. I can't stress enough how professional this whole operation must've been. All it would've taken was for one single guy who was understandably hesitant to attack the Church he'd been raised in to blab, but somehow this didn't happen.

Finally, to a lesser extent, there's the very idea of the "Flame Emperor Army". In the Middle Ages there was, to my knowledge, no concept of a black ops unit to ensure plausible deniability. Furthermore Edelgard managed to establish this fairly sizable group while she had no formal power in the Adrestrian government, all without anyone noticing.

You might say "Edelgard didn't do this herself. She enlisted the help of many people smarter than her (such as Hubert), and as emperor she commanded the whole imperial bureaucracy". Okay. But if we give her no personal credit, then the same could be said for many of the stratagems that we see in other Fire Emblem games. Even if "Hey, let's do X and Y" came from a lord's own mouth, it could've often been true that they were given counsel to this effect ahead of a given conversation and then they decided to act on it. In which case the question of who's the smartest can't really be answered.

Edited by Hrothgar777

2 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Contrary to some of the comments here, I'd call Edelgard the smartest.

How is it that she acceded to the throne and took power from the insurrectionist nobles in the first place? It doesn't look like much went into that (her father swore her in and that was that), but that's only true on the surface.

I recall one comment which said something to the effect of "It must've taken years of quiet planning". If we take this at face value and accept it as true, and given how complicated the feudal governing structure of Fodlan is, then we can assume it took "18th century European political intrigue" level of maneuvering to pull this off. Furthermore it was done completely under the noses of the insurrectionists, as Ferdinand's dad was taken utterly by surprise when the coronation happened. Some other FE lord saying "We'll hide in some bushes and ambush our foe" or "We'll split into two armies and surround them" is quite simplistic compared to whatever it is Edelgard pulled off here.

Then, there's the attack on Garreg Mach itself. Fodlan is confirmed to be about 2/3rds the size of Europe and armies traveled on horseback. Meaning it'd take a long time to march from the empire's heart to the monastery, and this force would be seen coming a long way off. Instead, the empire disguised soldiers as merchants and pilgrims, and painstakingly amassed an invasion-sized force within 2 weeks' travel from their target, all without being detected. I can't stress enough how professional this whole operation must've been. All it would've taken was for one single guy who was understandably hesitant to attack the Church he'd been raised in to blab, but somehow this didn't happen.

Finally, to a lesser extent, there's the very idea of the "Flame Emperor Army". In the Middle Ages there was, to my knowledge, no concept of a black ops unit to ensure plausible deniability. Furthermore Edelgard managed to establish this fairly sizable group while she had no formal power in the Adrestrian government, all without anyone noticing.

You might say "Edelgard didn't do this herself. She enlisted the help of many people smarter than her (such as Hubert), and as emperor she commanded the whole imperial bureaucracy". Okay. But if we give her no personal credit, then the same could be said for many of the stratagems that we see in other Fire Emblem games. Even if "Hey, let's do X and Y" came from a lord's own mouth, it could've often been true that they were given counsel to this effect ahead of a given conversation and then they decided to act on it. In which case the question of who's the smartest can't really be answered.

Yeah but ultimately this was all in service of starting a war she really had no choice of winning. I've said it before, Edelgard had every advantage going into the war, she gets half of the Alliance and Kingdom on her side via subterfuge, fields demonic beasts, seizes the Monastery in the first months of the war, takes out Rhea the only active dragon in the world and...she still ends up in a stalemate. Only ever winning with literal divine intervention, and losing in more routes that winning. She had the deck stacked phenomenally in her favour and still loses, which makes it seem like trying to take over the entire continent was just a foolish idea to begin with.

6 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

1) I recall one comment which said something to the effect of "It must've taken years of quiet planning". If we take this at face value and accept it as true, and given how complicated the feudal governing structure of Fodlan is, then we can assume it took "18th century European political intrigue" level of maneuvering to pull this off. Furthermore it was done completely under the noses of the insurrectionists, as Ferdinand's dad was taken utterly by surprise when the coronation happened. Some other FE lord saying "We'll hide in some bushes and ambush our foe" or "We'll split into two armies and surround them" is quite simplistic compared to whatever it is Edelgard pulled off here.

2) Then, there's the attack on Garreg Mach itself. Fodlan is confirmed to be about 2/3rds the size of Europe and armies traveled on horseback. Meaning it'd take a long time to march from the empire's heart to the monastery, and this force would be seen coming a long way off. Instead, the empire disguised soldiers as merchants and pilgrims, and painstakingly amassed an invasion-sized force within 2 weeks' travel from their target, all without being detected. I can't stress enough how professional this whole operation must've been. All it would've taken was for one single guy who was understandably hesitant to attack the Church he'd been raised in to blab, but somehow this didn't happen.

3) Finally, to a lesser extent, there's the very idea of the "Flame Emperor Army". In the Middle Ages there was, to my knowledge, no concept of a black ops unit to ensure plausible deniability. Furthermore Edelgard managed to establish this fairly sizable group while she had no formal power in the Adrestrian government, all without anyone noticing.

1) the sliders without light control the empire no? i distinctly remember that and smol E collaborating with em for gains

2) considering the player armies travel at the speed of "we are wherever we are needed without explanation and back at the monastery to eat 2-4 times a month" maybe Edelgard made deals with the powers that be (which is to say, i dont think the writers particularly concerned themselves with the realities and logitics of moving armies in any way shape or form)

3) pretty sure mercenaries were just that; i also cant find anything other on the FEA than Kostas (a bandit) the DK (battle crazy guy?) and that kid u kill in the catacombs

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah but ultimately this was all in service of starting a war she really had no choice of winning.

sus

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah but ultimately this was all in service of starting a war she really had no choice of winning. I've said it before, Edelgard had every advantage going into the war, she gets half of the Alliance and Kingdom on her side via subterfuge, fields demonic beasts, seizes the Monastery in the first months of the war, takes out Rhea the only active dragon in the world and...she still ends up in a stalemate. Only ever winning with literal divine intervention, and losing in more routes that winning. She had the deck stacked phenomenally in her favour and still loses, which makes it seem like trying to take over the entire continent was just a foolish idea to begin with.

An army that isnt hers and an economy that isnt hers either, I believe? Is Byleth the divine intervention or am i forgetting something again?

If she just won we wouldnt have a game on our hands, Claude is too much of a non committed fuckboy to lead an underground resistance and Dmitri would get stoned (the violent kind) after comitting terrorist acts against the "New Imperial Citizens TM"

-

Clearly the smartest is Corrin because they dont kill their enemies so the economy is saved. And the dumbest is Robin, cuz they could have been one sickass dragon instead they chose the power of friendship. Are they stupid?

28 minutes ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

If she just won we wouldnt have a game on our hands, Claude is too much of a non committed fuckboy to lead an underground resistance and Dmitri would get stoned (the violent kind) after comitting terrorist acts against the "New Imperial Citizens TM"

Golden Wind genuinely could have been a route where Edelgard takes all of Fodlan and Claude retreats to Almyra and organizes an invasion from there. That'd be pretty cool.

28 minutes ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

And the dumbest is Robin, cuz they could have been one sickass dragon instead they chose the power of friendship. Are they stupid?

Based XD

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

organizes an invasion

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That'd be pretty cool.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.639e8391e7080f2bfe4520172e554fbb.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Golden Wind genuinely could have been a route where Edelgard takes all of Fodlan and Claude retreats to Almyra and organizes an invasion from there. That'd be pretty cool.

Dumb jokes aside, naw i dont see that. Almyrans, if memory serves, are just portrayed as warmongerers while Claude has his whole unearth secrets and reform society schtick, that wouldnt work out too well imo. Then again it´s been some time and i haven´t played 3 Hopes, so I may be missing some lore.

Like asking the Mongols to end Feudalism in medival France, sure, there will be no more Feudalism, because there be no more farmers (this is exaggeration and a dishonest take, probably).

3 minutes ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.639e8391e7080f2bfe4520172e554fbb.jpeg

Dumb jokes aside, naw i dont see that. Almyrans, if memory serves, are just portrayed as warmongerers while Claude has his whole unearth secrets and reform society schtick, that wouldnt work out too well imo. Then again it´s been some time and i haven´t played 3 Hopes, so I may be missing some lore.

Like asking the Mongols to end Feudalism in medival France, sure, there will be no more Feudalism, because there be no more farmers (this is exaggeration and a dishonest take, probably).

Almyra is honestly an open book. Pretty much everything we hear about it is steeped and bias. But even then, am ending where the Mongols just wreck everything...sire, why not? I'm okay with an out there bad ending like that. Down with the Muscovites! Be better than cloned Silver Snow.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Almyra is honestly an open book. Pretty much everything we hear about it is steeped and bias. But even then, am ending where the Mongols just wreck everything...sire, why not? I'm okay with an out there bad ending like that. Down with the Muscovites! Be better than cloned Silver Snow.

Sure, FE could use an/more (are there any lol) officiated Game Over Bad Ends.

33 minutes ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

The only bad ends Fire Emblem has done are the incomplete endings via not jumping through all the hoops to get the true ending. Most notably Mystery of the Emblem and Binding Blade.

Unless you have no fate in the long term viability of Edelgard's dictatorship, then Crimson Flower too

Not an argument either or, but this exchange from FE9 lives rent free in my head 

Ike: Whoa! So you’re a mage, are you?

Balmer: I am, vermin, and I will see you burn to cinders!

Ike's incessant need to make small talk with every boss in the game, even when he has nothing to say.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jotari said:

The only bad ends Fire Emblem has done are the incomplete endings via not jumping through all the hoops to get the true ending. Most notably Mystery of the Emblem and Binding Blade.

Unless you have no fate in the long term viability of Edelgard's dictatorship, then Crimson Flower too

Cool I didn't know that Mystery of the Emblem had a bad ending! Thought Binding Blade was the only one.

13 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶B̶Q̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶F̶E̶4̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.  ̶A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶I̶n ̶F̶E̶7̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶r ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶'̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶t̶i̶a̶n̶ (t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶)̶.

EDIT: In regard to the 3 Houses lords, I found this thread on GameFaqs some days ago and there are some pretty interesting points in favour of each of them (both to smartest and to dumbest): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/80500054

Edited by ARMADS!!!

22 hours ago, Jotari said:

i dunno if i´d consider incomplete endings bad endings, unless they have a dialogue that says the world is destroyed

22 hours ago, Jotari said:

Spoiler

OIP1.jpg.7e648255cf3ca29c57c581fad6c0e18b.jpg

mfw i abort the tyranny (its leader is a midget)

9 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶B̶Q̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶F̶E̶4̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.  ̶A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶I̶n ̶F̶E̶7̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶r ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶'̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶t̶i̶a̶n̶ (t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶)̶.

When I say bad end I´m more so thinking in the way of "Grimbin executing Chrom and Co. while busting out sweet moves, before flipping the worlds light switch" if u catch my drift.

Another argument against Egad: she´s an armor class without magic when she has a talent in reason. 

On 1/4/2024 at 10:46 AM, Jotari said:

I always thought the original Blue Lion ending was sort of a bad ending before Hapi came along. After all Dimitri's story ends how every other story begins. The big hero starting a new era but the creepy cultists surviving to plot another war in the future. 

I think that nicely set the route apart so I wasn't exactly thrilled when IS went ''No really! Hapi totally outs the Slitherers and Dimitri will go kill em off too'' 

39 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I always thought the original Blue Lion ending was sort of a bad ending before Hapi came along. After all Dimitri's story ends how every other story begins. The big hero starting a new era but the creepy cultists surviving to plot another war in the future. 

I think that nicely set the route apart so I wasn't exactly thrilled when IS went ''No really! Hapi totally outs the Slitherers and Dimitri will go kill em off too'' 

Well they do accidentally kill Thales and Cleobulus so the leadership of the Agarthans is effectively dismantled just like the other routes. The only difference is that they have their ICBMs...but the game somehow manages to ignore any practical use of them them so I'm fine doing that too! Plus, Claude's paired ending with Byleth somehow manages to confirm that even with killing Thales and destroying Shambala the Agarthans still show up in the future again anyway. Which we can assume would be the case in all routes. As there's really no sensible butterfly effect reason why Claude and Byleth banging (almost banging? Just being really good friends? IMO their support does feel kind of platonic to me) would lead to the continued existence of the cult. That being said, Dimitri silently putting Edelgard down like a proverbial dog after extending her mercy and seeing how she'll never ever change is certainly the most dower in tone of any Fire Emblem ending in the series if we're taking just the context of the final scene.

Though that does remind me, Shadow Dragon in its three various incarnations all have a somewhat bad ending if Shiida is dead. Marth still wins and the world is a better place for it*, but Marth is personally heartbroken over Shiida's death and the only comfort Nyna can give him is that she's been fucked over by faith as well.

*(well until Gharnef looms his head again, which is a paralleled alternate scenario I'll probably get around to writing some day)