New Heroes & Rearmed Reinhardt

Far Trace 4's extra damage is great, but there is actually a negative side to it compared to Far Trace 3: Canto always activates. With level 3 you can use full move to not trigger canto, get refreshed somehow, then attack again and canto. I do this pretty regularly with Duo Lyn: 2 move attack -> duo skill refresh -> attack and canto away. Far Trace 4 won't allow that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps unavoidable since most plot important characters, the two gotoh's and relatively important side characters like Miranda and Asbel already got added but this seems to be a collection of B listers. No surprise Rheinhard is dragged by the hairs to come carry this banner.

Still I rather like it even if the banner is for me. Lately IS has been a bit too insistent on hyper popular characters so giving less prominent characters a chance to shine is a good decision. 

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Far Trace 4's extra damage is great, but there is actually a negative side to it compared to Far Trace 3: Canto always activates. With level 3 you can use full move to not trigger canto, get refreshed somehow, then attack again and canto. I do this pretty regularly with Duo Lyn: 2 move attack -> duo skill refresh -> attack and canto away. Far Trace 4 won't allow that.

Yeah, it bugs me that we can't just choose to stay in place after moving to save the Canto for later. I really like using your trick for N!Corrin for example, making the most of her 3-mov when retreating is incredibly useful.

At this point, the Thracia characters missing regular versions are: Halvan, Dagdar, Marty, [Lifis], Machyua, Brighton, Fergus, Dalsin, Hicks, Shiva, Carrion, Selfina, Cain, Alva, Robert, Fred, Troude, Glade, Deen, Eda, Homer, Linoan, Ralph, Ilios, Seluf, Misha, Shannam, Xavier, Amalda, Conomor, [Dryas], and [Raydrik].

32 missing characters, out of a total of 58 votable on CYL. Out of those, only 6 are female, which... huh. That particular resource just got a lot thinner than it was yesterday, didn't it. One (Lifis) already has a seasonal version, one (Dryas) is an NPC, and one (Raydrik) is a boss.

Of the playable characters, Marty, Lifis, Dalsin, Shiva, Troude, Ilios, Misha, Shannam, Xavier, Amalda, and Conomor all appear as enemies, and therefore could be plausible GHB candidates.

Theoretically, the roster could be completed in eight banners. At a rate of one banner per year and a half, that would take about twelve years. But maybe that will speed up as other games finish their rosters.

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

At this point, the Thracia characters missing regular versions are: Halvan, Dagdar, Marty, [Lifis], Machyua, Brighton, Fergus, Dalsin, Hicks, Shiva, Carrion, Selfina, Cain, Alva, Robert, Fred, Troude, Glade, Deen, Eda, Homer, Linoan, Ralph, Ilios, Seluf, Misha, Shannam, Xavier, Amalda, Conomor, [Dryas], and [Raydrik].

32 missing characters, out of a total of 58 votable on CYL. Out of those, only 5 are female, which... huh. That particular resource just got a lot thinner than it was yesterday, didn't it. One (Lifis) already has a seasonal version, one (Dryas) is an NPC, and one (Raydrik) is a boss.

Of the playable characters, Marty, Lifis, Dalsin, Shiva, Troude, Ilios, Misha, Shannam, Xavier, Amalda, and Conomor all appear as enemies, and therefore could be plausible GHB candidates.

Theoretically, the roster could be completed in eight banners. That could take a while, but we may see the rotation start to thin out soon.

You forgot Eda's femininity.

Thracia isn't only niche among FEs, it also runs into the Archanean issue of thin characters for some of them. As bad as the Archaneans in some cases (almost all of whom at least got one Kris support in New Mystery, at least). That doesn't help it for FEH whatsoever.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thracia isn't only niche among FEs, it also runs into the Archanean issue of thin characters for some of them. As bad as the Archaneans in some cases (almost all of whom at least got one Kris support in New Mystery, at least). That doesn't help it for FEH whatsoever.

Right, thanks.

And yeah, that's a problem.

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

You missed Diarmuid. Though he could get in as a Genealogy character. Still the Valentian White Wings have set a precedent for including characters as part of two different casts and already they've set the stage for that with Ced (or wait, have they? Are both Ced's we have classified as Genealogy units even though they shouldn't be?).

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

32 missing characters, out of a total of 58 votable on CYL. Out of those, only 6 are female, which... huh. That particular resource just got a lot thinner than it was yesterday, didn't it. One (Lifis) already has a seasonal version, one (Dryas) is an NPC, and one (Raydrik) is a boss.

Theoretically, the roster could be completed in eight banners. At a rate of one banner per year and a half, that would take about twelve years. But maybe that will speed up as other games finish their rosters.

Definitely a reason Safy could have been pushed to a later banner. Even for Grand Hero Battle I'd probably prefer to put her on a banner with Lifis given she's the main reason he joined Leif.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was pondering on that myself. Thracia's character thin cast means they have run out of a lot saleable units. Linoan seems to be the only big one left in terms of plot. So I expect to see her and possibly Raydrik on the next banner. Looking at the CYL Data, she also seems the most popular of the character snot in the game (though Thracia popularity means  lucky to have triple digit votes). The next most popular characters not in are...huh...Marty, Machyua, Misha, Carrion and Lifis in that order.  None of them seem particularly saleable. Well except maybe Misha if they can give her a generically cute enough Pegasus Knight design (even though that doesn't suit her somewhat vengeful personality). Ralf and Marty can maybe sell on meme potential. Homer feels like he could have that male sex appeal and Selphina and Amalda might make banners if they can give them big enough boobs. All in all though it does feel like we're scooping near the bottom for Thracia.

Edited by Jotari

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You missed Diarmuid. Though he could get in as a Genealogy character. Still the Valentian White Wings have set a precedent for including characters as part of two different casts and already they've set the stage for that with Ced (or wait, have they? Are both Ced's we have classified as Genealogy units even though they shouldn't be?).

Definitely a reason Safy could have been pushed to a later banner. Even for Grand Hero Battle I'd probably prefer to put her on a banner with Lifis given she's the main reason he joined Leif.

I was pondering on that myself. Thracia's character thin cast means they have run out of a lot saleable units. Linoan seems to be the only big one left in terms of plot. So I expect to see her and possibly Raydrik on the next banner. Looking at the CYL Data, she also seems the most popular of the character snot in the game (though Thracia popularity means  lucky to have triple digit votes). The next most popular characters not in are...huh...Marty, Machyua, Misha, Carrion and Lifis in that order.  None of them seem particularly saleable. Well except maybe Misha if they can give her a generically cute enough Pegasus Knight design (even though that doesn't suit her somewhat vengeful personality). Ralf and Marty can maybe sell on meme potential. Homer feels like he could have that male sex appeal and Selphina and Amalda might make banners if they can give them big enough boobs. All in all though it does feel like we're scooping near the bottom for Thracia.

Original Ced is classified as Genealogy only, Ascended Ced is Genealogy+Thracia.

I think the Whitewings are a special case since they appear on multiple continents. I don't expect the same kind of doubling up between Genealogy-Thracia or POR-RD, at least not in regular slots.

Note that the CYL7 votes for the new Thracia characters on this banner were: Tina 336, Lara 100, Safy 98, Perne 55. For comparison, Linoan, Machyua, Marty, Misha, Amalda, Fergus, and Homer all scored lower than Tina but higher than the other three, while Shannam (100) and Carrion (96) are roughly tied with the middle two, but with the disadvantage of being guys. Diarmuid, Dagdar, Lifis, and Cain are the others who out-scored Perne (Lifis and Carrion narrowly, at 56 votes). Scores for some other distinctive characters are Dryas 45, Eda 40, Raydrik 36, and Selphina 33. Alva is lowest of the missing Thracia characters at 12. (Why is he so far apart from Cain?)

Pretty happy with this banner, especially because people were doomposting that Thracia would keep getting skipped untile after summer, and that obviously didn't happen.

Also Tina was my most wanted and she got in with an amazing PRF to boot.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yes, getting three female characters and only one male is pretty weird, but maybe they are compensating for last Thracia banner that gave us only 1 female character (Karin) and three males despite Thracia being one of the few casts with enough girls left to give us multiple at a time + Karin wasn't even the most requested female character at the time.

Sure "Compensating" is a bit of a weird term when Thracia (like all old FE games) has more males than females left to add, which means it's actually a good idea to give us only 1 girl and 3 guys on every banner in order to not run out of girls.

But, and this is one of the few times I will be a doomer, if there is a cast that seriously runs the risk of not getting all its characters in the game before EoS it's Thracia.

And Archanea, but mostly Thracia. And if some characters from Thracia are not getting in the game, it makes sense for IS to prioritize female characters to not risk even one of them getting left out of Heroes.

Because even if someone like Amalda is as much as an unknown nobody as Troude to the general public, it's way easier for them to make people with no prior knowledge interested in Amalda rather than Troude.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Selphina and Amalda might make banners if they can give them big enough boobs.

^^^^

I mean, just look at what happend with Lara.

People went from not knowing her to caring about her in the span of a day and it's not hard to see why.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

Original Ced is classified as Genealogy only, Ascended Ced is Genealogy+Thracia.

I think the Whitewings are a special case since they appear on multiple continents. I don't expect the same kind of doubling up between Genealogy-Thracia or POR-RD, at least not in regular slots.

I'm not sure physically being on different continents is really much of a decider. It'd be being in different story lines. Which Thracia does blend the idea of. For now it seems there is precedent, as Legendary Leif was Genealogy-Thracia too...but...who actually cares about Diarmuid is the real question. All our versions of Nanna are Thracian too. So, no, I don't really expect them to actually give us a Geneology and a Thracia 776 version of Diarmuid. But because he's less popular than the White Wings more than any other reason to do with casts, plotlines or physical location (and if Valentia's cast was as big as Jugdral's then there's a good chance the White Wings wouldn't have ended up on those banners either). But, that being said, until he actually shows up on a Genealogy banner, he could potentially appear on a Thracia banner. Accepting that we'll only ever get one Diarmuid puts him as a schrodinger's title right now. He'll represent one of the two games, but until the banner is up we won't know which.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

Note that the CYL7 votes for the new Thracia characters on this banner were: Tina 336, Lara 100, Safy 98, Perne 55. For comparison, Linoan, Machyua, Marty, Misha, Amalda, Fergus, and Homer all scored lower than Tina but higher than the other three, while Shannam (100) and Carrion (96) are roughly tied with the middle two, but with the disadvantage of being guys. Diarmuid, Dagdar, Lifis, and Cain are the others who out-scored Perne (Lifis and Carrion narrowly, at 56 votes). Scores for some other distinctive characters are Dryas 45, Eda 40, Raydrik 36, and Selphina 33. Alva is lowest of the missing Thracia characters at 12. (Why is he so far apart from Cain?)

Yeah, while it's fun for us to look at CYL Data comparatively, I think from the perspective of the marketing team it's probably more a case of "Does this character have more or less than X Thousand votes". The difference between 100 and 300 people liking a character is basically splitting hairs at that point. They are all just below average popularity.

Edited by Jotari

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm not sure physically being on different continents is really much of a decider. It'd be being in different story lines. Which Thracia does blend the idea of. For now it seems there is precedent, as Legendary Leif was Genealogy-Thracia too...but...who actually cares about Diarmuid is the real question. All our versions of Nanna are Thracian too. So, no, I don't really expect them to actually give us a Geneology and a Thracia 776 version of Diarmuid. But because he's less popular than the White Wings more than any other reason to do with casts, plotlines or physical location (and if Valentia's cast was as big as Jugdral's then there's a good chance the White Wings wouldn't have ended up on those banners either). But, that being said, until he actually shows up on a Genealogy banner, he could potentially appear on a Thracia banner. Accepting that we'll only ever get one Diarmuid puts him as a schrodinger's title right now. He'll represent one of the two games, but until the banner is up we won't know which.

Yeah, while it's fun for us to look at CYL Data comparatively, I think from the perspective of the marketing team it's probably more a case of "Does this character have more or less than X Thousand votes". The difference between 100 and 300 people liking a character is basically splitting hairs at that point. They are all just below average popularity.

True. And matching Diarmuid with Nanna would make a lot of sense.

As little importance as it may have, I'm curious to see how the positions of Thracia characters change on CYL8.

11 hours ago, indigoasis said:

We are never getting ascended heroes ever again.

Although he looks largely the same as his previous iterations, and it's Reinhardt again, it still absolutely rocks, so I can give it a pass.

Yeah, I don't mind much when they do this, they did the same with Ascended Ishtar, Legendary Sigurd and Legendary Deirdre, it's pretty much the same design but has that shinnier and more "elevated" feeling to it, I mean, you can really tell they're arts for some "special" alt, so if it looks good I'm down.

(Also that little gem on Reinhardt' jabot looks so awesome too! The whole art is stunning!)

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Fast Reinhardt feels wrong, though.

Yeah, it does! But idk, at the same it feels so--

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Feels so wrong, yet feels so right.

Yeah, this! It's both!

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

but a brave weapon that can buff allies is still not something I really expect for a free unit at this stage.

I mean, S!Elincia (and summer Shez, but 3 Houses bias doesn't count) got a brave weapon with some aditional effect as a free unit (she was a TT reward though but I don't think it makes difference), don't know why they wouldn't do it again.

Well, I was reflecting and... Reinhardt really has 3 alts, huh? that's more than Leif, which is crazy.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

True. And matching Diarmuid with Nanna would make a lot of sense.

If he's on a Thracia banner we can also give him the Bragi Sword as a prf. Because Leif and Nana aren't using it and Fergus will probably get the Beo Sword (though Diarmuid could get that too, but it'd probably be just cleaner with Fergus getting Beo and Diarmuid getting Bragi).

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

If he's on a Thracia banner we can also give him the Bragi Sword as a prf. Because Leif and Nana aren't using it and Fergus will probably get the Beo Sword (though Diarmuid could get that too, but it'd probably be just cleaner with Fergus getting Beo and Diarmuid getting Bragi).

Ooh, that'd be neat.

Speaking about all the characters left to add from Thracia 776, I definitely see the next Thracia banner (whenever it may be) being Linoan, Deen, and Eda, with a Raydrik GHB and of course the now-normal Ascended/Rearmed/Attuned alt addition. Maybe that'll end up being Sara, because why not?

I could see an alt of Olwen dragging along Fred, Amalda, and Sleuf, with an Ilios GHB, all of those characters are connected somehow, even if loosely. An alt of Finn (HA!) could drag in Selphina and Glade, since they're heavily connected to Finn, Quan, and Ethlyn. Maybe an Eyvel alt could bring in Dagdar, and a Nanna alt could push Homer along, since she has a scene with him where she basically slaps him.

They got some options. We'll see how it goes. Safy and Tina are cool, but I'm really hoping Linoan or Selphina are next in line.

I will say that it's super nice that Tina and Safy are bringing new skills into the pool. Wrathful Tempo =/= Poetic Justice, sure, but if you just want a tier-4 wrathful you can get either one now. And I think Safy is the first normal pool unit bringing ploy 4 into the pool, since the other two were Rearmed Plumeria and Sonya.

Lara bringing Rockslide Dance 2 is also pretty cool, although I do hope they'll consider making a 5-star normal pool dancer who could bring one of the 4th tier dance skills with them.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Speaking about all the characters left to add from Thracia 776, I definitely see the next Thracia banner (whenever it may be) being Linoan, Deen, and Eda, with a Raydrik GHB and of course the now-normal Ascended/Rearmed/Attuned alt addition. Maybe that'll end up being Sara, because why not?

I could see an alt of Olwen dragging along Fred, Amalda, and Sleuf, with an Ilios GHB, all of those characters are connected somehow, even if loosely. An alt of Finn (HA!) could drag in Selphina and Glade, since they're heavily connected to Finn, Quan, and Ethlyn. Maybe an Eyvel alt could bring in Dagdar, and a Nanna alt could push Homer along, since she has a scene with him where she basically slaps him.

They got some options. We'll see how it goes. Safy and Tina are cool, but I'm really hoping Linoan or Selphina are next in line.

Those do sound workable. Eyvel and Dagdar would probably come along with Marty, and maybe Halvan as well. Maybe regular Lifis as the GHB?

Dryas and Robert could round out the Finn banner. For Nanna and Homer, maybe Shannam would fit in? Meanwhile, Machyua, Brighton, Fergus, and Dalsin could constitute a banner's newcomers all by themselves. I'm not sure who Misha would fit well with, though.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I definitely think we'll get Linoan on the next banner. Not sure about Deen and Eda though, they might choose to go the Homer route since you also get him around the same time and I think he's kinda popular. Deen and Eda feel very Thracia, so they might do something with them later.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I definitely think we'll get Linoan on the next banner. Not sure about Deen and Eda though, they might choose to go the Homer route since you also get him around the same time and I think he's kinda popular. Deen and Eda feel very Thracia, so they might do something with them later.

Maybe Linoan, Homer, Shannam, and Raydrik? All three playable characters in that group are from a similar span of time, while also being some of the more popular missing ones.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maybe Linoan, Homer, Shannam, and Raydrik? All three playable characters in that group are from a similar span of time, while also being some of the more popular missing ones.

Looking at that statement. I think Shannam is my most wanted Thracia character (well actually it's Cowen, but 0% chance there not even Reinhardt could save him). Shannam's forging bonds would be great and it's interesting to see if they can handle the challenge of giving us a premium trash tier character like Thracia amanages by giving him the Bargain skill.

I'm beginning to sympathize with Askr's bandit population. They try so hard each Forging Bond but keep getting beaten up by any new hero that passes by. 

Safy's Forging Bond indeed feels like Lifis forging bond. And that's great. Also nice to see Chad's still hanging around the orphanage. Still kinda weird Lucius hasn't showed up around those part.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Safy's Forging Bond indeed feels like Lifis forging bond. And that's great.

I'm not sure I'd call it great. I mean, it's not a terrible Forging Bonds in itself, but it feels like they could do this exact text when Lifis gets into the game. Meanwhile what we're getting on Safy is pretty minor, honestly a character who needs more characterization than Lifis. Well, maybe it'll be balanced out and Lifis' forging bonds will be all about Safy.