Serenes Forest and the Last Corrinquest

So... about those servers shutting down...

Something I've always wanted to do, but never really had the time to properly organize, is a Corrinquest. For those of you who don't know, a Corrinquest is a run of Fates (usually Conquest, hence the name) where you use nobody but your avatar and an army of heart-sealed avatars you recruit from other people's My Castles. Since the servers are shutting down, I thought it would be fun to try to assemble one last ditch effort to make a communal Corrinquest where, rather than everyone sending their avatars to one streamer, we all post our avatars here, along with our castle codes, and for the next few months while the servers are still up, people can assemble their teams from this thread.

Now, usually a Corrinquest follows a streamer, and thus the level of the recruitable characters scales in real time with the streamers' progress in the game. Since we can't realistically do that communally, my proposed solution is that participants can make their recruitable avatar any level they like, but whoever recruits them won't be able to use them until they reach the point in the game where child units start coming at that level, which, from what I've seen online, goes as follows (chapter number is what the next one is, not the last one you've completed):

Chapter 10 / level 10
Chapter 11 / level 11
Chapter 12 / level 12
Chapter 13 / level 13
Chapter 14 / level 14
Chapter 15 / level 15
Chapter 16 / level 16
Chapter 17 / level 18
Chapter 18 / level 20
Chapter 19 / level 20/2
Chapter 20 / level 20/4
Chapter 21 / level 20/6
Chapter 22 / level 20/8
Chapter 23 / level 20/10
Chapter 24 / level 20/12
Chapter 25 / level 20/14
Chapter 26 / level 20/16
Chapter 27 / level 20/18

Let's say the prior levels follow that pattern, so levels 7, 8 and 9 for chapters 7, 8 and 9 respectively.

So if you want to participate, then here are the steps:

1: Start a file on any route, preferably on Lunatic (to discourage stat rigging)

2: Make an avatar with any talent, boon and bane, and reclass your avatar to their heart seal class at the first possible opportunity.

3: Get your avatar to the desired level through whatever means work for you, without giving them stat boosters, and only promoting them at level 20 so it stays clear and simple when they're supposed to be made playable.

4: Remove the nobility skill, and dragon fang if you got it, which for simplicity's sake are banned.

5: Buy your avatar two "personal skills" from either castle battles or your logbook. Order them as primary and secondary, with the idea being that the secondary one is unlocked after promotion and should be put away by the player after recruiting if they aren't yet promoted. These can be any skills you want, except for nobility or dragon fang (too confusing).

6: Set your castle defenses to an easy seize with an unoccupied throne, so anyone at any level can take your castle and recruit your unit. Do your best to keep this as your updated file as often as possible until the servers go down.

7: Post in this thread with your avatar's name, class, level (and what chapter you need to be at before you can use them in parentheses next to it), primary and secondary personal skill, boon/bane, base stats, and castle address.

Hopefully we get enough participants in the next few months to make this work!

Edited by Alastor15243

Would love to join, but my 3DS is on another continent and it's European anyway thus incompatible with most of the English fanbase >.>

25 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Would love to join, but my 3DS is on another continent and it's European anyway thus incompatible with most of the English fanbase >.>

Unfortunate. I appreciate the sentiment though! What sort of avatar would you have made?

15 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Unfortunate. I appreciate the sentiment though! What sort of avatar would you have made?

In terms of appearance or build? Appearance is whatever, but recently I've wanted to try a genuine Apothecary build, since it really is an interesting class, but the only natural Apothecary in the game doesn't really have the stat line to make use of what theoretically should be a bulky self healing class.

Alright, I have a level 10 Corrin ready for you. Sorry, that is just the level I reached soloing with Corrin before the online features unlocked...I probably should have held back a little, but I didn't notice the level 7, 8 and 9 addition at the bottom of the chart until I was writing this up, and as such level 9 or 10 was what I was shooting for in the mean time. That also means you get E rank Axe, and learn the base skills in the next two levels, because that was the first time I got access to reclassing.

Note, if you want/need a higher level Corrin, I can definitely continue the save file on.

Named:  Eltosian K

Class: Wyvern Rider

Level: 10 (chapter 10)

Primary Skill: Shuriken Breaker

Secondary Skill: Inspiration

HP: 25    LCK:  5

STR: 10   MAG: 9

SPD: 12   SKL: 12

DEF: 12   RES: 2

Castle Address:  05131-41162    01294-92339

Sheesh, the servers are shutting down?! That's too bad, I'd want to participate too but I don't have a 3DS or really any way to play Fates right now (but I'm pretty bummed that whenever I get to play the game, the servers will be down...). Appreciate your effort of making a Last Corrinquest though, pretty cool idea.

@Eltosian Kadath Your contribution is deeply appreciated!

Given that I'm enough of a 3DS Fire Emblem fanatic to own two carts and a backup 3DS, I think it's finally time to whip that thing out for this. I haven't built the characters yet, but I'm just letting people know in advance what I'm building to let you guys know these niches are taken care of: I'll be biting the bullet and using my ability to make two characters to make a healer and thief. So we'll have that utility out of the way and everyone else can focus on the more exotic builds. I still plan to have fun with the pair though!

Important update: I'm sorry, my instructions were really bad due to misunderstanding how avatar recruitment works. Please do *not* unequip the secondary skill when prepping your character, because then people who recruit your character won't have the skill on them at all. Just leave it on your character. Whoever recruits them will just need to unequip it themselves. I have updated the rules to reflect this, and I apologize for the confusion.

...Actually this means there's really no point in banning nobility or dragon fang if people want to make those the personal skill, huh? Any thoughts on this point?

@Eltosian KadathTagging you just to be safe.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

...Actually this means there's really no point in banning nobility or dragon fang if people want to make those the personal skill, huh? Any thoughts on this point?

I kind of figured they were banned because they are acting like the main Corrin's personal skills, as their actual personal fails to function in a Corrinquest due to the lack of supports with the other "Corrins"

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

@Eltosian KadathTagging you just to be safe.

No worries, I notice the error already, but forgot to comment on it by the time I got around to posting about my entry, so I already have both personal skills equipped.

59 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I kind of figured they were banned because they are acting like the main Corrin's personal skills, as their actual personal fails to function in a Corrinquest due to the lack of supports with the other "Corrins"

Yeah, very fair point. Alright. I should have mine up by tomorrow, and I will post my utility sisters' info then!

Alright! My contributions have arrived! Based on my own take on the Anna archetype I came up with for a fangame idea, introducing the twin merchant sisters Sharon and Karen!

Sharon:

Class: Troubadour

Level: 8 (Chapter 8 )

Primary Skill: Profiteer

Secondary Skill: Rally Defense

Boon/Bane: +Lck, -Str

Stats: 20 HP, 3 Str, 9 Mag, 14 Skill, 11 Spd, 16 Lck, 5 Def, 6 Res

Castle Address: 16451-79517-18461-47154

Karen:

Class: Ninja

Primary Skill: Salvage Blow

Secondary Skill: Trample

Boon/Bane: +Lck, -Mag

Stats: 23 HP, 7 Str, 1 Mag, 15 Skill, 15 Spd, 11 Lck, 9 Def, 6 Res

Castle Address: 10181-79639-80365-67102

Lemme know if you have any trouble collecting these characters and I'll fix whatever issue there is.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Alright! My contributions have arrived! Based on my own take on the Anna archetype I came up with for a fangame idea, introducing the twin merchant sisters Sharon and Karen!

Sharon:

Class: Troubadour

Primary Skill: Profiteer

Secondary Skill: Rally Defense

Boon/Bane: +Lck, -Str

Stats: 20 HP, 3 Str, 9 Mag, 14 Skill, 11 Spd, 16 Lck, 5 Def, 6 Res

Castle Address: 16451-79517-18461-47154

Karen:

Class: Ninja

Primary Skill: Salvage Blow

Secondary Skill: Trample

Boon/Bane: +Lck, -Mag

Stats: 23 HP, 7 Str, 1 Mag, 15 Skill, 15 Spd, 11 Lck, 9 Def, 6 Res

Castle Address: 10181-79639-80365-67102

Lemme know if you have any trouble collecting these characters and I'll fix whatever issue there is.

Twin merchant sisters that you didn't make merchants >.>

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Twin merchant sisters that you didn't make merchants >.>

Alas. But as a result, nobody needs to feel pressured to make an early-game healer or a thief! I've got those covered!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sounds like fun, and I set up my Conquest My Castle (my most developed one with my strongest Corrin) for this only to realize I jumped the gun and didn't read your rules at all.
😅 I don't feel like creating an all-new Corrin for you to use, but you're welcome to use mine or even just visit my My Castle.

XSstTTP.jpg

I just visited your My Castle  (your Your Castle? Your Castle?) and gave you a bath towel. The bath towel always takes me a long time to get and it elicits some hilarious reactions from the characters when you give it to them.

Somewhat related question: can the rewards for battles and visits only be claimed once ever or can they only be claimed once per game file? I'm debating if I should claim them or not, because I'm worried they'll disappear if I don't, but if they only can be claimed once ever, I don't want to claim them on files where I've completed the game.

14 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Somewhat related question: can the rewards for battles and visits only be claimed once ever or can they only be claimed once per game file? I'm debating if I should claim them or not, because I'm worried they'll disappear if I don't, but if they only can be claimed once ever, I don't want to claim them on files where I've completed the game.

Once per file, but once wifi goes down in a week or two access to them is gone forever without hacks.