Early Birthright Heart Seal

Barren

I’ve recently started a new Birthright run and I was watching a Conquest playthrough by Zoran and he was showing off how effective heart sealing Elise can be when she goes into Wyvern Rider.

I was thinking of doing something similar for Sakura since as of now she is level 3 with a D rank in rods and needs 6 exp to level up. Then I watched a video by someone called Bad at Life and while he did showed off Sky Knight Sakura, he said that he doesn’t recommend it due to her bulk not really improving. But at the same time it does help her utilize her personal ability better since flight is really good.

I could also wait until I get Hayato and immediately heart seal him into Oni Savage for better bulk and he already comes with D in scrolls iirc. Plus his club could be worked on until he eventually can get Bolt Axe as well as Hammer and Pike-Ruin Club.

Then there is Mozu so she can get Quick Draw. And Felicia who I guess can nab something like Sol to pass down or maybe Inspiration from Strategist.

So between the four which do you think is the better candidate for an early heart seal? I’m on chapter 8 currently.

18 minutes ago, Barren said:

I was thinking of doing something similar for Sakura since as of now she is level 3 with a D rank in rods and needs 6 exp to level up. Then I watched a video by someone called Bad at Life and while he did showed off Sky Knight Sakura, he said that he doesn’t recommend it due to her bulk not really improving. But at the same time it does help her utilize her personal ability better since flight is really good.

Only reason for SK Sakura I see is Bolt Naginata Shenanigans.

Additionally WR!Elise is a stronger reclass (+2HP/+6STR/-1SPD/+6DEF) than SK for Sakura (0HP/+3STR/+2SPD/0DEF). Keep in mind WyvernRider!Elise gets Str+2 as of lvl up. SK just improves Sakuras SPD/RES, neither of which should be actual problems, while WR improves all of Elise weakpoints. Also also, Bronze Axe is stronger than Bronze Naginata.

Sakura is going to be ur best bet at a strong, accurate and doubling mage sadly + Hoshidan Staves have 2 range so she´s always in a position to use her PS while even avoiding threat. Though iirc she isnt all that frailed if levelled a bit.

18 minutes ago, Barren said:

I could also wait until I get Hayato and immediately heart seal him into Oni Savage for better bulk and he already comes with D in scrolls iirc. Plus his club could be worked on until he eventually can get Bolt Axe as well as Hammer and Pike-Ruin Club.

I dunno at which chapter u are, but a lvl 1 Hayato is sitting at Oni 19HP/7STR/2SKL/6SPD/10DEF/3RES, which is an almost exclusively inferior Hana (DEF being higher here) and Hana is already hard to use + u lose ur one other chance at a competent mage *sad orochi noises*

20 minutes ago, Barren said:

Then there is Mozu so she can get Quick Draw.

Mozu is better than Takumi and Setsuna in the long run, but neither of these require a Seal and Takumi is good anyway. Setsuna should turn out servicable with a +Str Tonic and a forge perhaps, considering her stupidly high speed. I think at least, I never used her.

24 minutes ago, Barren said:

And Felicia who I guess can nab something like Sol to pass down or maybe Inspiration from Strategist.

If pass down, Inspiration, Sol requires Hero on E-Ranks on a magic inclined unit. Ew.

And Inspiration is just going to be more useful anyway.

29 minutes ago, Barren said:

I’m on chapter 8 currently.

Right. I think the only thing that changes is for Hayato, since u´d be using him into chapter 9 and I guess his DEF is good enough to stand against its physical enemies, hes just not gonna deal a lot of damage and u´d have to baby him against the mages.

I´d put my money on Strategist Felicia, since it sounds like the most overall useful reclass (essentially another Sakura Aura on a Horse), I will however also look in the direction of Spearfighter Hinoka, which is just a superior Oboro who is already very good. 

Thanks for the reply, I wasn’t expecting one so soon.

Spear Fighter Hinoka I didn’t consider but it sounds like it can be very viable. Especially if she can keep her already existing lance rank, tank better against archers with Guard Naginata and nab Seal Defense and Swap for some degree of utility. It’s her ticket to Lancefaire when she reaches Spear Master so there is that.

Felicia for me already has Live to Serve so even if she takes a hit and lives she can heal it right off so that also works out too. 

That line is definitely worth going into in order to pick up Rally Speed, but it's really not worth it before she can use staves in it on promotion.

I tend to make Sakura into a rally bot given her innate access to luck, magic and speed rallies. If you have her marry Jakob, you can add in res, as well as inspiration to double her defensive aura and add on +2 attack.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

That line is definitely worth going into in order to pick up Rally Speed, but it's really not worth it before she can use staves in it on promotion.

I tend to make Sakura into a rally bot given her innate access to luck, magic and speed rallies. If you have her marry Jakob, you can add in res, as well as inspiration to double her defensive aura and add on +2 attack.

That is intriguing for sure. Plus if even I don’t want Rally Luck, Demoiselle is another aura stacking ability that she can use to boost the defensive stats for males.

I am thinking though of pairing Azura with Jakob to ensure that Shigure gets Wyvern Rider for the Rally Defense which can stack with the other rallies similar to what you said about Sakura.

But I do like the idea of Sakura x Jakob a lot.

9 hours ago, Barren said:

I’ve recently started a new Birthright run and I was watching a Conquest playthrough by Zoran and he was showing off how effective heart sealing Elise can be when she goes into Wyvern Rider.

Poor you, getting taken in by that scam. That garbage is an even bigger scam than the Giant's Knife in OOT. 

I wouldn't recommend this, and not just because Hayato is underleveled.

Then there is Mozu so she can get Quick Draw. And Felicia who I guess can nab something like Sol to pass down or maybe Inspiration from Strategist.

Ew, Mozu. Inspiration is ten billion percent better than Sol, so nab it.

8 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Additionally WR!Elise is a stronger reclass (+2HP/+6STR/-1SPD/+6DEF) than SK for Sakura (0HP/+3STR/+2SPD/0DEF). Keep in mind WyvernRider!Elise gets Str+2 as of lvl up. SK just improves Sakuras SPD/RES, neither of which should be actual problems, while WR improves all of Elise weakpoints. Also also, Bronze Axe is stronger than Bronze Naginata.

Counterpoint: Wyvern doesn't improve her weaknesses that much, and you abandon her strengths to make her a crappy melee unit. Also, she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with axes if her life depended on it.

7 hours ago, Barren said:

But I do like the idea of Sakura x Jakob a lot.

Poor Sakura, being stuck with Jakob the Despicable. She deserves MUCH better than that a******.

Edited by Shadow Mir

@Shadow Mir

Did you even watch his videos or are you just assuming that it’s just bad because you don’t like the sound of it?

Secondly are you serious belittling me for acknowledging that heart sealing Elise looked to be a neat idea even for Conquest lunatic? Who do you think you are?

Edited by Barren

45 minutes ago, Barren said:

Did you even watch his videos or are you just assuming that it’s just bad because you don’t like the sound of it?

The latter. He's notoriously stubbornly opinionated about things he admits he has little to no personal experience about. He has a long history of this on the forum.

10 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

The latter. He's notoriously stubbornly opinionated about things he admits he has little to no personal experience about. He has a long history of this on the forum.

That I can imagine being true. I mean if he had said something like he did with the hayato heart seal idea that he doesn’t recommend or isn’t a fan then that would have been fine.

Edited by Barren

3 hours ago, Barren said:

@Shadow Mir

Secondly are you serious belittling me for acknowledging that heart sealing Elise looked to be a neat idea even for Conquest lunatic? Who do you think you are?

I have watched Zoran's videos, for your information. Mostly the raise everyone challenge. And I have seen nothing - NOTHING - to make me think otherwise. I mean, I respect Zoran, but I wouldn't treat EVERYTHING they do as gospel. 

2 hours ago, Barren said:

That I can imagine being true. I mean if he had said something like he did with the hayato heart seal idea that he doesn’t recommend or isn’t a fan then that would have been fine.

Well... in this case, I find it hard to recommend, because what you get out of it is the exact opposite of what Elise is specialized in. That seldom ends well. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

38 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I have watched Zoran's videos, for your information. Mostly the raise everyone challenge. And I have seen nothing - NOTHING - to make me think otherwise. I mean, I respect Zoran, but I wouldn't treat EVERYTHING they do as gospel. 

Well... in this case, I find it hard to recommend, because what you get out of it is the exact opposite of what Elise is specialized in. That seldom ends well. 

You respect Zoran so much that you thought his video on explaining the thought process of giving Elise a heart seal was all one big scam to entice players to try something different that you don’t agree with. 

Look man, if you wanted to simply say that you’re not a fan of the idea despite seeing the videos he made and how he got this set up to work then fine. No one wouldn’t give it a second thought. But you decide say “oh poor you” like I’m some kind of lost little lamb. You’re seriously being some entitled prick.

29 minutes ago, Barren said:

You respect Zoran so much that you thought his video on explaining the thought process of giving Elise a heart seal was all one big scam to entice players to try something different that you don’t agree with. 

Look man, if you wanted to simply say that you’re not a fan of the idea despite seeing the videos he made and how he got this set up to work then fine. No one wouldn’t give it a second thought. But you decide say “oh poor you” like I’m some kind of lost little lamb. You’re seriously being some entitled prick.

You're trying to bait an insult, aren't you. It won't work. I'm going to stay respectful even in the face of what you just said not deserving it. Anyhow, I find Conquest unforgiving enough without actively handicapping myself. I fail to see how making an excellent support unit like Elise into... something that is the exact opposite of that helps the team instead of hurting it. Ultimately, it is your choice. I only want you to think about whether it's actually helping or not.

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Counterpoint: Wyvern doesn't improve her weaknesses that much, and you abandon her strengths to make her a crappy melee unit. Also, she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with axes if her life depended on it.

The usual from you I see.

Anyway, for a chance, here is 

a calculator for average stats in CQ Fire Emblem Fates: Character Average Stats (zekareisoujin.github.io)

an Imgur gallery of enemy stats and skills in CQ Lunatic Fire Emblem Fates- Lunatic Conquest Enemy Stats. - Imgur

everything u need for weapon related calculations in Fates Weapon triangle - Fire Emblem WikiWeapon level - Fire Emblem WikiFire Emblem Fates - Serenes Forest

everything related to units specifically and classes generally Base Stats - Serenes ForestGrowth Rates - Serenes ForestBase Stats - Serenes ForestGrowth Rates - Serenes Forest.

With all of this, you might be for the first time since I have been on this forum, in the position to actually back up the stuff you´ve proclaimed with actual numbers, which hasen´t happened once in the last four years I have seen your posts.

We both know you won´t, but I´m always happy to be surprised.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm going to stay respectful

popping in post-suspension to peanut gallery a tremendous fucking lol

for the information of those following: forums rules on not being a dickhead don't extend to childish "i'm not on your side of the room" shit. you don't have to pull out actual slurs to be acting like a shithead for no reason

Edited by Integrity

On 1/16/2024 at 12:15 PM, Barren said:

Right, just thought of this, because duh - DLC - but, Dark Falcon Sakura?

It loses the staff utility of Falcon Knight but supercharges her magic potential. Her STR/DEF will be a dash worse (like -2 points all around?) which wasn´t good to begin with, but it offers some Weapon Triangle control AND u have access to the good scrolls of Hoshido like Calamity Gate and Horse Spirit.

According to the wiki.org you´ll get a weapons scroll in chapter 11 and another as treasure in chapter 16, in case of weapon rank worries and ofc you´d keep the Heart Seal.

3 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Right, just thought of this, because duh - DLC - but, Dark Falcon Sakura?

It loses the staff utility of Falcon Knight but supercharges her magic potential. Her STR/DEF will be a dash worse (like -2 points all around?) which wasn´t good to begin with, but it offers some Weapon Triangle control AND u have access to the good scrolls of Hoshido like Calamity Gate and Horse Spirit.

According to the wiki.org you´ll get a weapons scroll in chapter 11 and another as treasure in chapter 16, in case of weapon rank worries and ofc you´d keep the Heart Seal.

Bolt Naginata, Horse Spirit, and Calamity Gate sounds good honestly. I’ll have to think about that.

On 1/16/2024 at 6:15 AM, Barren said:

So between the four which do you think is the better candidate for an early heart seal? I’m on chapter 8 currently.

The real answer is to play through the game 4 times to try out every single option. 😃