Pre banner discussion Thread: Mythic Hero of January 2024

According to the Event calendar of January-February (thanks @Diovani Bressan for doing these event calendar breakdowns) we're to have a new Mythic on the 30th, which coincides with the start of the 7th Anniversary Celebration of the game (that was even brought to a forward date than usual this year, it tends to be on the Frebruary 2nd). 

Here's the rerun table (that I found on this link) :

r/FireEmblemHeroes - Legendary & Mythic Hero Rerun and Remix Calendar (01/14/24)

According to the table, it won't be colorless.

If anyone has any idea of how to predict the blessing, feel free to guess it (I have no clue of how to do this so I won't even try).

Anyway, you know the deal, drop your expectations, guesses and wants (or not wants) about the upcoming banner here. Highlighting that in January 2023 we had a Double Mythic banner (Gotoh + Formortiis) so it's not impossible that it'll happen again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll make another post to not fill the original post (or whatever it's called) with my own opinions and guesses.

If we had another Double Mythic, I'd like it to be Nergal + Athos (just figures none of them could be colorless) but I'm not sure if they'd want to put two units from the same title, with the same weapon type AND very likely with the same mov type, on the same banner (still, I like wishful thinking and that'd be my dream scenario). In any case, I figure that the January Mythic is always good (Duma in 2019, Líf in 2020, Seiros in 2021, Elimine in 2022, Gotoh + Formortiis in 2023)- not sure if it's coincidence or some actual selling tactic but whatever- so I'm confident it'll be good (which will be a nice consolation prize if I happen to hate the CYL results).

I'd still bet on either Nergal or Athos with we had a Double Mythic, with another character from another title. If it was Athos then he'd logically be red.

There's enough empty space that I could see it being another double mythic. At least one will be blue, with the other being also blue or red, most likely.

It's always hard to guess what mythic we might get, considering I don't think we have any Heroes OCs to use...unless, Fafnir? Would be weird timing, but base Fafnir is a lance. Him aside, Athos has been ranking pretty well for a while. Soan would be pretty nice to see after the Altina we just got. Maybe another Jugdral crusader considering how long ago we got Ullr.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

There's enough empty space that I could see it being another double mythic. At least one will be blue, with the other being also blue or red, most likely.

It's always hard to guess what mythic we might get, considering I don't think we have any Heroes OCs to use...unless, Fafnir? Would be weird timing, but base Fafnir is a lance. Him aside, Athos has been ranking pretty well for a while. Soan would be pretty nice to see after the Altina we just got. Maybe another Jugdral crusader considering how long ago we got Ullr.

You think one will be blue because blue is the color that has not shown up for the longest on the past new Legendaries/Mythics, or because of another reason?

Lol I think they've given up on Jugdral crusaders and this sort of thing, at this point, but I'd always be down for it if they haven't, it was a cool concept to bring them to the game (I'd like the 8 Legends of Elibe too, Anri, and other literally "mythic" characters that have only been mentioned (I mean, didn't have a physical appearence) on their home games).

I'd be delighted by Nergal+Athos, although looking at last year, Gotoh and Fomortiis were from different games with no apparent reason to go together.

Veyle being the most recent rerun does suggests at least one blue mythic here. No idea who, but I'd love to get Lehran.

Fafnir will probably be later this year, since we'll be doing a Book 5 TT story. Might be in July like Freyr, or on the Fallen banner like Gustav. Or both, since he does have two versions.

Edited by Othin

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

Elm is also in alt only purgatory, and his base version happens to be a Red Beast Flier. I'm not saying it's particularly likely, but Fafnir and Elm could be a possibility here. Yes, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other (besides being from the same game) but neither did Gotoh and Fomortiis.

That said, I expect Fafnir to be the July Mythic for this year (to semi-tie into Book V's TT story) and Elm to be July 2025's Mythic (to semi-tie into Book VI's TT story). Maybe if he's lucky, Njordr can be July 2026's Mythic. 

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Elm is also in alt only purgatory, and his base version happens to be a Red Beast Flier. I'm not saying it's particularly likely, but Fafnir and Elm could be a possibility here. Yes, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other (besides being from the same game) but neither did Gotoh and Fomortiis.

That said, I expect Fafnir to be the July Mythic for this year (to semi-tie into Book V's TT story) and Elm to be July 2025's Mythic (to semi-tie into Book VI's TT story). Maybe if he's lucky, Njordr can be July 2026's Mythic. 

Elm will probably eat well in 2025, since he didn't die in book VI he'll most likely be on the TT+ story and get an Asset Hero so if he got the Asset Hero + a Mythic, it'd be pretty cool.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Veyle being the most recent rerun does suggests at least one blue mythic here. No idea who, but I'd love to get Lehran.

Ah, wait, that's always how the color is predicted? It always coincides with the color of the most recent rerun? (Also, Lehran would definitively be nice).

I had the impression that they chose Formortiis and Gotoh because one is a villain and the other was a good guy  (that was what gave me hope for Nergal + Athos) or because it's Light and Dark (anyway, because they have opposite things going on for them), though it obviously might have been just a coincidence so I'm not sure if I should be waiting anything like that for this year.

16 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Ah, wait, that's always how the color is predicted? It always coincides with the color of the most recent rerun? (Also, Lehran would definitively be nice).

They usually do, but not always. Recently, we've had:

• L!Camilla share green with L!F!Alear (second most recent returning Legend / Myth, or third most if you count Ratatoskr; L!Elincia was also present)
  • Gullveig share colorless with L!Guinivere (most recent returning Legend / Myth)
  • Kvasir share red with L!Yuri (fourth most recent returning Legend / Myth; Nerbuz, Heidr and L!Guinivere were also present)
  • Veyle share blue with Freyr (most recent returning Legend / Myth)
  • L!Elincia share red with L!Hinoka (most recent returning Legend / Myth)
  • L!F!Alear share green with L!M!Robin (most recent returning Legend / Myth)

Basically, you can expect a new Legendary / Mythic to share their color with at least a semi-recent returning Legendary / Mythic. As such, I highly doubt we see a new Mythic Hero on green since Thorr debuted all the way back in November 2021. 

The newbie is almost always sharing with the most recent returnee whose color has an open slot, typically not counting book freebies. Even Camilla last month arguably fits this since the brave heroes always rerun in December.

This month has a lot of slots open, but none on colorless and Thorr on green is pretty old by now so those colors are out. Veyle is the most recent and there are two open blue slots, so it's possible we get two blue mythics, but one blue and one red is also plausible since Hinoka has only appeared twice before this.

If last year was a fluke and we only get one mythic, blue is very likely.

27 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

They just did Arcadia so Athos would be nice 

I feel like they wouldn't want to give him a blue Forblaze though (I mean, he theorically coooould get it), so I hope it's Double Mythics so it'll be Athos + someone else (of course, I don't want Double Mythics just because of Athos, it'd to cool either way).

10 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Ok, I'll make another post to not fill the original post (or whatever it's called) with my own opinions and guesses.

If we had another Double Mythic, I'd like it to be Nergal + Athos (just figures none of them could be colorless) but I'm not sure if they'd want to put two units from the same title, with the same weapon type AND very likely with the same mov type, on the same banner (still, I like wishful thinking and that'd be my dream scenario). In any case, I figure that the January Mythic is always good (Duma in 2019, Líf in 2020, Seiros in 2021, Elimine in 2022, Gotoh + Formortiis in 2023)- not sure if it's coincidence or some actual selling tactic but whatever- so I'm confident it'll be good (which will be a nice consolation prize if I happen to hate the CYL results).

I'd still bet on either Nergal or Athos with we had a Double Mythic, with another character from another title. If it was Athos then he'd logically be red.

Given his original sprite, which is rather bulky and the fact that he never moves in gameplay, Armoured Tome Nergal doesn't seem like it'd be the most inauthentic idea.

10 hours ago, Florete said:

While I would rather an existing character seen in the actual games, they probably should give us another Jugdral Crusaders. Because pretty soon Jugdral Crusaders and Elibe legends will be the only Mythic Hero candidates we have left. I think these are the  only real candidates for Mythics we have from the games, sticking to the "not in the game already" rule.

*Nergal

*Athos

*Roland

*Durban

*Sombron

*Deghensea

*Lehran (if Christmas Sephiran doesn't count as in the game)

*Ashunera

*Forsety (if he's considered different enough to Lewyn)

So if they don't want to give us month after month of Crusaders then they have to start spreading them in now (and honestly, given how little we see of Roland and Durban, they would basically be just like a Jugdral Crusader). There's also Soan who I hope we'll get eventually but has the disadvantage of no human design.

Edited by Jotari

Let's take a look at previous mythic elements:

• Light (10): Eir, Peony, Mila, Freyja, Dagr, Ullr, Ash, Askr, Gotoh, Nerthuz
  • Dark (9): Yune, Sothis, Bramimond, Hel, Triandra, Nott, Medeus, Embla, Kvasir
  • Astra (11): Naga, Altina, Plumeria, Reginn, Ashera, Thorr, Elimine, Seidr, Heidr, Veyle, Ratatoskr
  • Anima (10): Duma, Thrasir, Lif, Mirabilis, Seiros, Otr, Arval, Fomortiis, Freyr, Gullveig

It looks like Dark has fallen weirdly behind the other elements, and meanwhile Light is the one that's gone the longest without a new unit. So I'd say the most likely elements are Light, Dark, or both of them.

Which... doesn't say much, given that element assignments have become rather unpredictable. I think it's points in favor of Nergal, but against Athos. Nergal+Lehran could fit nicely, though.

Edited by Othin

It's telling when all of the mythics are shown like that. Dark is so rare that I never got one recent enough to enable the extra slot. Just as well I never bothered to defend in AR, but it was annoying for Mjolnir's Strike. Granted Ash was/is my only Light one too.

Embla isn’t an Anima Mythic, she’s a Dark Mythic.

Though even with that, Dark only has four extra slot Mythics (Nott, Medeus, Embla, Kvasir). The other elements all have at least six extra slot Mythics, with Astra in particular having eight.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Embla isn’t an Anima Mythic, she’s a Dark Mythic.

Though even with that, Dark only has four extra slot Mythics (Nott, Medeus, Embla, Kvasir). The other elements all have at least six extra slot Mythics, with Astra in particular having eight.

Right, yeah, thanks.

Interesting consequence of Dark being the only element to get five original style-mythics, while Astra got only three - and now they've changed places.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Given his original sprite, which is rather bulky and the fact that he never moves in gameplay, Armoured Tome Nergal doesn't seem like it'd be the most inauthentic idea.

While I would rather an existing character seen in the actual games, they probably should give us another Jugdral Crusaders. Because pretty soon Jugdral Crusaders and Elibe legends will be the only Mythic Hero candidates we have left. I think these are the  only real candidates for Mythics we have from the games, sticking to the "not in the game already" rule.

*Nergal

*Athos

*Roland

*Durban

*Sombron

*Deghensea

*Lehran (if Christmas Sephiran doesn't count as in the game)

*Ashunera

*Forsety (if he's considered different enough to Lewyn)

So if they don't want to give us month after month of Crusaders then they have to start spreading them in now (and honestly, given how little we see of Roland and Durban, they would basically be just like a Jugdral Crusader). There's also Soan who I hope we'll get eventually but has the disadvantage of no human design.

Oh yeah, He could be armoured. It'd be pretty cool if he had some sort of teleportation skill to allude to how he is always teleporting on the game.

The fact that there's also the 10 Elites of Fodlan (which are actually 11, or 12 if we count Nemesis but he's on the game already) too makes it even worse. EDIT: there's also the 4 saints so yeah, even worse. Although, I guess Anri is another of the good candidates (I think he's never actually seen too, not sure, but anyway). That's why they flood Mythic slots with OCs I guess. 

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Let's take a look at previous mythic elements:

• Light (10): Eir, Peony, Mila, Freyja, Dagr, Ullr, Ash, Askr, Gotoh, Nerthuz
  • Dark (9): Yune, Sothis, Bramimond, Hel, Triandra, Nott, Medeus, Embla, Kvasir
  • Astra (11): Naga, Altina, Plumeria, Reginn, Ashera, Thorr, Elimine, Seidr, Heidr, Veyle, Ratatoskr
  • Anima (10): Duma, Thrasir, Lif, Mirabilis, Seiros, Otr, Arval, Fomortiis, Freyr, Gullveig

It looks like Dark has fallen weirdly behind the other elements, and meanwhile Light is the one that's gone the longest without a new unit. So I'd say the most likely elements are Light, Dark, or both of them.

Which... doesn't say much, given that element assignments have become rather unpredictable. I think it's points in favor of Nergal, but against Athos. Nergal+Lehran could fit nicely, though.

I think Athos could be light and Nergal Dark. If it happens to be two Dark then Athos is definitively not likely at all. Lehran looks like a solid option too.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Right, yeah, thanks.

Interesting consequence of Dark being the only element to get five original style-mythics, while Astra got only three - and now they've changed places.

This made me remember how I was crazily waiting for an Astra Mythic and when Sothis was finally released my phone stopped working one or two days in the banner (I had an older phone, but definitively wasn't new enough to play FEH, so I lost the banner, only got Sothis 2 or 3 years later).

Edited by ARMADS!!!

2 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh yeah, He could be armoured. It'd be pretty cool if he had some sort of teleportation skill to allude to how he is always teleporting on the game.

The fact that there's also the 10 Elites of Fodlan (which are actually 11, or 12 if we count Nemesis but he's on the game already) too makes it even worse. Although, I guess Anri is another of the good candidates (I think he's never actually seen too, not sure, but anyway). That's why they flood Mythic slots with OCs I guess. 

I think Athos could be light and Nergal Dark. If it happens to be two Dark then Athos is definitively not likely at all. Lehran looks like a solid option too.

This made me remember how I was crazily waiting for an Astra Mythic and when Sothis was finally released my phone stopped working one or two days in the banner (I had an older phone, but definitively wasn't new enough to play FEH, so I lost the banner, only got Sothis 2 or 3 years later).

I think Athos would most likely be Anima, since he's primarily known for fire magic. (Even though in FE7 everyone has him use Aureola instead.)

Sothis was the second Dark mythic - are you thinking of Naga?

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think Athos would most likely be Anima, since he's primarily known for fire magic. (Even though in FE7 everyone has him use Aureola instead.)

Sothis was the second Dark mythic - are you thinking of Naga?

I think he might be anima too but not sure if they'd be too against making him a light one. Although you're probably right, in FE7 he both uses an anima tome as his go to weapon (and prf weapon + his signature weapon on the Scouring) and has an anima affinity...

(Also, Athos with Luna all the way!)

Oh, guess I am thinking of Naga then, was her the first Astra Mythic? if yes then yes. I probably forgot it over the time and thought it was Sothis for some reason, cause when I got another phone that could support FEH and got Sothis, I remember being hella happy that I had finally got her after all that time. Figures I didn't get it then, because I still don't have Naga (although I have other Astra Mythics now so it doesn't matter, specially because I don't even play AR or any mode where blessings matter, I just thought that Astra was cool because it was the last blessing for get a hero so I was waiting for it).

Edited by ARMADS!!!

1 minute ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I think he might be anima too but not sure if they'd be too against making him a light one. Although you're probably right, in FE7 he both uses an anima tome as his go to weapon (and prf weapon on the Scouring) and has an anima affinity...

(Also, Athos with Luna all the way!)

Oh, guess I am thinking of Naga then, was her the first Astra Mythic? if yes then yes. I probably forgot it over the time and thought it was Sothis for some reason, cause when I got another phone that could support FEH and got Sothis, I remember being hella happy that I had finally got her after all that time. Figures I didn't get it then, because I still don't have Naga (although I have other Astra Mythics now so it doesn't matter, specially because I don't even play AR or any mode where blessings matter, I just thought that Astra was cool because it was the last blessing for get a hero so I was waiting for it).

Yeah, Naga was the first Astra mythic and the last element to get its first hero.

Just now, Othin said:

Yeah, Naga was the first Astra mythic and the last element to get its first hero.

Then that was it! Thanks for the correction, can't believe I've been thinking it was Sothis since 2019.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

The fact that there's also the 10 Elites of Fodlan (which are actually 11, or 12 if we count Nemesis but he's on the game already) too makes it even worse. EDIT: there's also the 4 saints so yeah, even worse. Although, I guess Anri is another of the good candidates (I think he's never actually seen too, not sure, but anyway). That's why they flood Mythic slots with OCs I guess. 

The 10 elites are in a weird place in that they actually appear in the game with actual classes and weapons and stuff. But they use generic artwork. Which seems more a death sentence to them than not appearing at all. And of course their leader Nemesis was a Grand Hero Battle. Would be super weird to make freaking Charon a Mythic when Nemesis wasn't and Charon doesn't even have a face. Nemesis absolutely should have been a Mythic though. His GHB slot was wasted on him. Could easily have been someone like Lonato or Kostas. Or even just any of the numerous playable characters.

As for the for the four Saints, Seteth and Flayn are already in the game, so it would depend on how willing they are to fudge the "not in the game already" standard for us to see Cichol and Cethlainn. Hopes at the very least gave them blond character designs to use for that purpose. All in all they're in the same boat as Sephiran and his alias Lehran. The other two sains suffer from not having human designs, though they do have the statues which give us some indication. It's a real shame Hopes didn't give them proper human designs for the Arval paralogue.

My overall point though is that the list of Mythics from the games is thinning and if they want to make use of the past heroes concept, they need to start putting more of them in now, otherwise we'll end up running out of characters featured in the games in a few years and then it'll be nothing but past heroes. And of those past heroes the Crusaders are the most populous bunch.

49 minutes ago, Jotari said:

As for the for the four Saints, Seteth and Flayn are already in the game, so it would depend on how willing they are to fudge the "not in the game already" standard for us to see Cichol and Cethlainn.

Rhea and Seiros are already separately in FEH.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

Rhea and Seiros are already separately in FEH.

Yeah but the first version of her we got was Mythic Seiros wasn't it? Aside from a seasonal backpack for Byleth (I think). That would put her more like Sephiran than Seteth and Flayn who have proper base versions already. Not saying that it won't happen, or that it shouldn't happen, just that they will have to start muddling their rules in branch cases like this. I think Veyle was a bit emblematic of that. People were surprised she was a mythic, but on retrospect it's because Engage didn't have a lot of options (and they wasted one of them on Lumeria). I expect for the same reason we'll see Nel and Rafal as Mythics too.

25 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah but the first version of her we got was Mythic Seiros wasn't it? Aside from a seasonal backpack for Byleth (I think). That would put her more like Sephiran than Seteth and Flayn who have proper base versions already. Not saying that it won't happen, or that it shouldn't happen, just that they will have to start muddling their rules in branch cases like this. I think Veyle was a bit emblematic of that. People were surprised she was a mythic, but on retrospect it's because Engage didn't have a lot of options (and they wasted one of them on Lumeria). I expect for the same reason we'll see Nel and Rafal as Mythics too.

I don't think the order matters. We have base version (mythic) Seiros and base version (New Hero) Rhea. As far as I'm concerned that's already precedent for potential mythics Cichol and Cethleann.

Sephiran doesn't have a proper base version, so I don't see the comparison there.