Pre Banner Discussion: Valentines 2024

Since the Valentine banners have gone with a parent-child theme for 99% of the time, I wonder if Myrrh's presence could indicate Morva, or if they'll simply go with the easier route of Fado for Ephraim and Eirika. Either one would be fine with me.

I remember that early FE8 summer silhouette where absolutely everyone thought it was Ephraim, but it turned out to be Innes. Would be hilarious if history repeated itself.

I do believe it's Moulderin' time though!

On 2/1/2024 at 5:13 PM, Tybrosion said:

I was thinking we were getting Archanea this year.....but then Emblem Marth happened.

So instead, I'll guess that we are getting Magvel / Sacred Stones. Sacred Stones hasn't gotten any new units in general since June 2023.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

We have the silhouettes and.....it's Sacred Stones. The right one is 100% Myrrh while the left one is very likely Ephraim.

Nailed it! As an FE8 fan this makes me happy. On the other I don't want either twin to get overencumbered with alts.

Also while I'm not particularly attached to the bridal theme I think it's weird how Eirika introduced the Bride class yet hasn't had that alt yet.

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Since the Valentine banners have gone with a parent-child theme for 99% of the time, I wonder if Myrrh's presence could indicate Morva, or if they'll simply go with the easier route of Fado for Ephraim and Eirika. Either one would be fine with me.

Yeah, it's hard to tell which angle they're going for with both Myrrh and likely Ephraim being revealed at once. I guess if we're doing the dad thing again we could get Morva AND Fado (which would be great) but as you say Fado would probably be easier to build a banner around since you could include Seth and the other Renais knights.

Speaking personally, I'd like a Lyon + Eirika (in that order) duo to round out the FE8 trio overlap or either of them to be the TT+ freebie, but that's likely a pipedream. Eirika in particular I can't see being delegated to the freebie role unless everyone else on the banner is super busted and this is a half-3H banner.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I remember that early FE8 summer silhouette where absolutely everyone thought it was Ephraim, but it turned out to be Innes. Would be hilarious if history repeated itself.

Yeah, while I'm 99% sure that's Ephraim and it's just the angle that makes his hair look off, you can never be too sure! Innes would be another choice for a freebie but again: we already got a free Y!Innes way back when.

Morva would be the dream for me, I have been hoping for him to get added since the start of fallen banners even though I would prefer his non possessed form.  I want Myrrh so hopefully this banner will be kinder then the desert banner which only gave my Tormod and no one else.

Edited by EricaofRenais

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Nailed it! As an FE8 fan this makes me happy. On the other I don't want either twin to get overencumbered with alts.

Also while I'm not particularly attached to the bridal theme I think it's weird how Eirika introduced the Bride class yet hasn't had that alt yet.

Yeah, it's hard to tell which angle they're going for with both Myrrh and likely Ephraim being revealed at once. I guess if we're doing the dad thing again we could get Morva AND Fado (which would be great) but as you say Fado would probably be easier to build a banner around since you could include Seth and the other Renais knights.

Speaking personally, I'd like a Lyon + Eirika (in that order) duo to round out the FE8 trio overlap or either of them to be the TT+ freebie, but that's likely a pipedream. Eirika in particular I can't see being delegated to the freebie role unless everyone else on the banner is super busted and this is a half-3H banner.

Yeah, while I'm 99% sure that's Ephraim and it's just the angle that makes his hair look off, you can never be too sure! Innes would be another choice for a freebie but again: we already got a free Y!Innes way back when.

If it was a Eirika+Lyon duo, then Lyon would have to be the lead either way, as Eirika already was the lead on the kid duo with Ephraim. 

While I'm afraid they'll start to overdo the twins + Lyon thing, FE7 does banner after banner with the 3 lords, and FE8's last seasonal banner was half a year ago anyway, so I won't mind if Lyon is is on this one (I even pefer him to be, would feel a bit unfair if he wasn't), specially since they're VERY likely not shoving the other Magvel young royals on the banner, just the twins and Lyon.

I think the banner will probably be Ephraim, Eirika, Myrrh, Fado, Lyon and Morva. The duo won't be Ephraim and Myrrh (Ephraim already was both the lead and the backpack so it can't be he with Myrrh, and her silhouette is alone otherwise so it can't be her either), Lyon can't be the backpack, Eirika can't be the lead, so the most obvious option is Lyon(lead)+Eirika(backpack), although I wouldn't complain about a Fado+Morva dad duo, or even a Fado+Eirika dad+daughter duo (that'd require them to make Fado the lead though) but that's a pipe dream...

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ephraim dev cannot be stopped. 

Yeah, except for that time where it took weirdly long for Ephraim to get his first Resplendent.

I wonder if Tana dev will join the fun here too. I also hope they don’t because I’m not ready for another Tana.

20 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah! I've been thinking of this since SoV's Valentine's banner! I wanted them to add Mae and Boey and actually waited for it to happen... Now, with the absolutely disgusting dirt they did to Sharena in Askr's banner ("our whole family is heeeeere!" Why they hell did they even say this? Just say Sharena is ill, at least! At least aknowledge that she isn't there!), I started to want it again (a banner with Sharena, Anna, Bruno), even though Im not sure if that's a very likely possibility yet since they never put more than one world on the Valentines banner per year before. I'd find it great though, the only one I wouldn't completely care for is Ninian because she already got a "love themed" banner (the bridal one) with Eliwood, though I'd be fine if she did get it eventually, literally everything is better than that "Roy's harem" themed bridal banner (on a related note... I'd kill for a bridal Hector, Im really hoping he makes it there this year, and so for Bridal Leanne and Naesala, at least it's easier to hope for then to "complete sets" in Bridal banners than on Valentines banners, since they've done it before).

Actually, Sharena was there, she just didn't dress up. She appeared in the story, as I recall (I was a bit surprised at the time, so I'm fairly certain I'm remembering this right.) She's allowed to hang out without dressing up, you know. It's not nearly as bad as people keep saying.

Regarding the mock banner I put together, I was mostly just throwing in characters who would fit, not listing ones I wanted specifically.

Also, interesting thing: those tickets for free old seasonal heroes? I got 2 Valentine's Hectors and 2 Bride Lyns. I feel like the RNG ships them. (And I see them as a fairly canon couple, partially because the main story dialogue changes depending on if they're at A support or not at a certain point in the story, and partially because of Lilina. Lyn's family has a tradition of putting "Lyn" into the girls' names, and though the spelling is different in English, Lilina has "lin" (pronounced "leen" in Japanese, just like Lyn's name) in it. Madalyn, Lyndis, Lil(y)na... There's some evidence to support the theory built into FE7's writing there.

17 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

We have the silhouettes and.....it's Sacred Stones. The right one is 100% Myrrh while the left one is very likely Ephraim.

Yeah, that was the conclusion I came to as well when I saw the silhouettes, but it could be Saleh on the left. The art is damaged, after all, as I recall. I wonder if we'll get Myrrh's dad. We might get Ewan and Tethys, too, if it centers on Myrrh (because Saleh is Myrrh's protector, Ewan is Saleh's student, and Tethys is Ewan's sister. So, chain reaction there, but I don't think it'll extend to Garrick and Marisa, especially if they're trying to do a focus primarily on the dragons.) It would be a creative way around doing the royals again (though Ephraim could still totally be there.)

It's a theory, anyway.

20 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, that was the conclusion I came to as well when I saw the silhouettes, but it could be Saleh on the left. The art is damaged, after all, as I recall. I wonder if we'll get Myrrh's dad. We might get Ewan and Tethys, too, if it centers on Myrrh (because Saleh is Myrrh's protector, Ewan is Saleh's student, and Tethys is Ewan's sister. So, chain reaction there, but I don't think it'll extend to Garrick and Marisa, especially if they're trying to do a focus primarily on the dragons.) It would be a creative way around doing the royals again (though Ephraim could still totally be there.)

It's a theory, anyway.

I don't personally see Saleh being the left character, though there is something to keep in mind.

The silhouettes lately usually depict either the 4 Star focus unit (like Seadall, Reina, and M!Kana) or the TT unit (like Fuga, Claude and Hawkeye). So for I all know right now, the left character could be a less popular character like Saleh or Innes because I don't see Myrrh being anything less than a 5 Star.

4 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Lyon(lead)+Eirika(backpack), although I wouldn't complain about a Fado+Morva dad duo, or even a Fado+Eirika dad+daughter duo (that'd require them to make Fado the lead though) but that's a pipe dream...

All of these would be a dream come true...

57 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The silhouettes lately usually depict either the 4 Star focus unit (like Seadall, Reina, and M!Kana) or the TT unit (like Fuga, Claude and Hawkeye). So for I all know right now, the left character could be a less popular character like Saleh or Innes because I don't see Myrrh being anything less than a 5 Star.

Good point, thank you! But with Claude being the 4* demote in Summer and the TT+ unit for Xmas I think the door's still open for the left being Ephraim and one of those two too. After all, if Claude of all people was a F2P-friendly Hero twice because the alternatives were the other 3H Lords and we could get a bunch of FE8 heavy hitters (or at least long awaited characters) here...

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Actually, Sharena was there, she just didn't dress up. She appeared in the story, as I recall (I was a bit surprised at the time, so I'm fairly certain I'm remembering this right.) She's allowed to hang out without dressing up, you know. It's not nearly as bad as people keep saying.

There's a meet the hero comic about Sharena staying behind because she's shy about the valentine outfit exposing her legs. Kind of a weird complaint for a girl with a swimsuit cipher. Personally I think the poor girl's parents just locked her in the basement so they could take Veronica instead. 

Yeah, except for that time where it took weirdly long for Ephraim to get his first Resplendent.

I wonder if Tana dev will join the fun here too. I also hope they don’t because I’m not ready for another Tana.

He might have had to bide his time but Ephraim dev won in the end.

Would be a fun plot twist if Ephraim dev and Tana dev are the same guy.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Isn't Ephraim x Tana a popular ship?

Well, it is, although I don't recall any ship teasing between Ephraim and Tana in Heroes (I night have missed something though as I don't follow Forging Bonds too much, and only played the older paralogues years ago), so if it's the same person it's likely just a fan of both characters.