Emblem Hero - Ike: Of Radiance

... Y'know, I got a really crazy theory here. I wonder if it's possible that IS doesn't actually like Ike very much. Not only does he have comparatively fewer alts than certain other CYL winners (who either won the same year as him or even later), not only does he lack variety amongst the few alts than he does have more than any other CYL winner, but being one of the earlier Emblem heroes released means he's gonna be powercrept sooner and he's gonna pale in comparison to later released Emblem heroes. Similar to his legendary version, which is now very bad and doesn't have good personal skills and got his weapon refined at a lower power level time. Marth makes sense to release as the first Emblem Hero; Ike isn't a logical second choice by any metric either in-universe or out of universe.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. That's entirely possible, I haven't been sleeping well since the DST time change.

Whether the devs like Ike or not, I'm disgusted seeing them showing him tanking and surviving multiple consecutive hits from Rearmed Reinhardt, and taking out Reinhardt in a single counterattack. Ike, the red unit who should by all rights have been knocked out by the still very new super-powered blue unit. Disgusting.

Figures this happens during the 4 green banner ...

I was hoping they'd make him an armored unit like his enemy unit in Engage, infantry isn't a dealbreaker, but fallen Ike being potentially due for an update soon make this less exciting

I'm oddly suspicious that he tanked what he did, and the relatively low amount of text on his weapon, although i guess they added it to his special instead ...

45 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... Y'know, I got a really crazy theory here. I wonder if it's possible that IS doesn't actually like Ike very much.

I guess they also don't like Path of Radiance very much either since Emblem Ike, like Legendary Ike, got assigned to Radiant Dawn.

In addition to getting snubbed here, Path of Radiance still has no Legendary Heroes or Mythic Heroes.

*gets a stroke attempting to read past the first line of Ike's B skill*

What academic institution am I supposed to attend in order to get the PHD needed to to easily comprehend these ridiculous skill descriptions?! lmao They really need to delete SDS and SDR at this point, because there is no way in hell anybody could analyze all this crap and cross reference everything in under sixty seconds. The only way I could think of to give anybody even a chance to plan things would be to add a "simulation" button that lets you tap on two units (including ones that can't currently reach each other) and two spaces and be given a preview of what would happen if they fought there under current conditions.

And is that Emblem affect flat DR (meaning not pierce-able by lethality and so on)? If so, the one and only way to kill desert Altina with that thing equipped will be boat loads of pre-combat damage. lol

I'm a little surprised he's wielding Ragnell and not going with Urvan (or, even better, Emblem Hammer!). If they go with the final weapon then almost all the Emblems will be swordies. He's also an infantry when, I think, he's actually an armoured unit in his paralogue in Engage.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

... Y'know, I got a really crazy theory here. I wonder if it's possible that IS doesn't actually like Ike very much. Not only does he have comparatively fewer alts than certain other CYL winners (who either won the same year as him or even later), not only does he lack variety amongst the few alts than he does have more than any other CYL winner, but being one of the earlier Emblem heroes released means he's gonna be powercrept sooner and he's gonna pale in comparison to later released Emblem heroes. Similar to his legendary version, which is now very bad and doesn't have good personal skills and got his weapon refined at a lower power level time. Marth makes sense to release as the first Emblem Hero; Ike isn't a logical second choice by any metric either in-universe or out of universe.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. That's entirely possible, I haven't been sleeping well since the DST time change.

It's probably the opposite actually, I'd say. They probably know he's a guaranteed money maker so they use him sooner rather than later. The one consistent with Heroes always seems to be "Money now, we'll deal with the drought later."

20 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I guess they also don't like Path of Radiance very much either since Emblem Ike, like Legendary Ike, got assigned to Radiant Dawn.

In addition to getting snubbed here, Path of Radiance still has no Legendary Heroes or Mythic Heroes.

That's something I could believe more, I don't even like Lord Ike's design but I still want to see them use it in something other than Cipher (I assume Cipher used it, Cipher seems to be the "Simpsons did it" of Fire Emblem side content).

11 minutes ago, Namero said:

Yeah, can someone just abridge it and tell me if he's stealing Zihark's hypothetical skill to let adjacent beasts transform? That's what the name suggests to me, but it just seems to be "Mandatory broken nonsense".

Edited by Jotari

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, I feel like PoR's lack of mythic/legendary units is mostly because of how direct of a sequel RD is. Genealogy's 2nd gen and Thracia are pretty much concurrent so shared characters like Leif and Nanna and Finn can easily count for Thracia and it doesn't feel weird. FE7 is a prequel to FE6, but don't share the same lord(s). Not to mention that Eliwood and Hector (and presumably Lyn) are way past their peak so making them FE6 legendary heroes with their younger appearances doesn't fit.

Meanwhile, PoR takes place only 3 years before RD and Ike is very much active in both. RD is also the game where Ike is at his "peak", defeating the goddess the entirety of Tellius worships and is generally meant to be "older and wiser" (even if I personally feel he's a bit duller ...). Using PoR Ike instead of RD Ike just feels like you're pulling him from a point that isn't his peak, whereas the rest of the legendary heroes do feel like they're being pulled from their peak, so that's probably why PoR has no legendary units.

If any character was to be a PoR legendary, it'd have to be someone who's nonexistent for the entirety of RD. Like Greil. Or Ashnard.

What I hate the most about the various Ike alts is that all but one of them are swords and all but one of them are infantry. Valentine's armored Ike really could have been something besides a red sword, since it's not like he even got fucking Ragnell (or any prf weapon, period). It's also kind of weird how the only other seasonal alt he actually got is the obligatory child alt (that I wouldn't be surprised if all the lords get eventually) whereas most other CYL winners who are not Alm or Celica get various seasonal alts and Ascended/Rearmed alts up the wazoo. EDIT: I forgot about Fallen Ike, but I would've easily traded this non-canon yet-another-infantry-sword alt for literally anything else more interesting.

Edited by Sunwoo

On the one hand, I'm happy we finally get a banner where Elincia shares a color with the new unit (since her previous rerun was Camilla's release banner), and Embla is always worth grabbing more merges for.

On the other hand, this means Seidr is dodging me again and will probably end up in never-going-to-get-merged hell.

18 minutes ago, Namero said:

And is that Emblem affect flat DR

It's 40% of the damage taken, which is decidedly percentage damage reduction.

The effect also attaches to the Special skill, which means the damage reduction can't be nullified anyways since Deadeye-like skills can only nullify percentage damage reduction from non-Special sources.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, can someone just abridge it and tell me if he's stealing Zihark's hypothetical skill to let adjacent beasts transform? That's what the name suggests to me, but it just seems to be "Mandatory broken nonsense".

Its name comes from his Engage Skill in Engage. It cuts the unit's own percentage damage reduction in half in exchange for flat damage reduction and additional damage and charges the unit's Special by 2 before the opponent's first attack. It only activates if the unit's Special has a maximum cooldown of 3 or more.

For those who haven’t played Engage, “Laguz Friend” was the name of that skill there (in the English version) as well. It also had nothing to with Beast units in Engage since Engage has no Beast units.

I have no clue why the localization gave it that name as its original, Japanese name is apparently “Immovable”.

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's something I could believe more, I don't even like Lord Ike's design but I still want to see them use it in something other than Cipher (I assume Cipher used it, Cipher seems to be the "Simpsons did it" of Fire Emblem side content).

Cipher did use Ike’s Lord design from Path of Radiance.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly, I feel like PoR's lack of mythic/legendary units is mostly because of how direct of a sequel RD is. Genealogy's 2nd gen and Thracia are pretty much concurrent so shared characters like Leif and Nanna and Finn can easily count for Thracia and it doesn't feel weird. FE7 is a prequel to FE6, but don't share the same lord(s). Not to mention that Eliwood and Hector (and presumably Lyn) are way past their peak so making them FE6 legendary heroes with their younger appearances doesn't fit.

Meanwhile, PoR takes place only 3 years before RD and Ike is very much active in both. RD is also the game where Ike is at his "peak", defeating the goddess the entirety of Tellius worships and is generally meant to be "older and wiser" (even if I personally feel he's a bit duller ...). Using PoR Ike instead of RD Ike just feels like you're pulling him from a point that isn't his peak, whereas the rest of the legendary heroes do feel like they're being pulled from their peak, so that's probably why PoR has no legendary units.

If any character was to be a PoR legendary, it'd have to be someone who's nonexistent for the entirety of RD. Like Greil. Or Ashnard.

It's very obvious in retrospect, and honestly should have been obvious from the outset, that categorizing the two Tellius games as independent titles was a stupid decision. Why they merged Archanea but split Tellius is baffling. If you're going to go with strange decisions at least be consistent with them. I suppose they could give us the PoR Laguz royals, Tibarn, Naesala and Giffca, as legendaries, since we are in this situation. It'd feel less weird for them since they are at the same "peak" in both games, being some what longer lived characters who reached their Zennith a long time ago, and their gameplay role in PoR is marginally more noteworthy as Gotohs than their inclusion as part of the grand ensemble of RD.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What I hate the most about the various Ike alts is that all but one of them are swords and all but one of them are infantry. Valentine's armored Ike really could have been something besides a red sword, since it's not like he even got fucking Ragnell (or any prf weapon, period). It's also kind of weird how the only other seasonal alt he actually got is the obligatory child alt (that I wouldn't be surprised if all the lords get eventually) whereas most other CYL winners who are not Alm or Celica get various seasonal alts and Ascended/Rearmed alts up the wazoo. EDIT: I forgot about Fallen Ike, but I would've easily traded this non-canon yet-another-infantry-sword alt for literally anything else more interesting.

And despite all those sword alts...he's still never used his other two swords, Ettard and Regal Sword. It's just Ragnell Ragnell Ragnell. But I've already ranted elsewhere about how kid Ike should have had one of them, at least Greil might bring Ettard since he has it in a CG still in Radiant Dawn.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I have no clue why the localization gave it that name as its original, Japanese name is apparently “Immovable”.

A lot more practical a name given it nukes the ability to dodge in exchange for tanking hits.

Edited by Jotari

I always found it really bizarre that FEH never added Radiant Dawn Ike in his unpromoted Hero design in the game, it's either PoR Ranger Ike or RD Vanguard Ike

With Emblem Ike now being in FEH and having his RD Hero design, I'm guessing normal Hero Ike will never be added lol

And the usual translation notes:

Ike's epithet, "Of Radiance", is "蒼炎の紋章士" (sōen no monshō-shi), "Emblem of Blue Flames". This is Emblem Ike's epithet in Engage. As usual, "紋章士" (monshō-shi), "emblem warrior", is the term used for Emblems. "蒼炎" (sōen), "blue flames", comes from Ike's epithet, "蒼炎の勇者" (sōen no yūsha), "Hero of Blue Flames", and from the title of Path of Radiance, "蒼炎の軌跡" (sōen no kiseki), "Path of Blue Flames".

Emblem Ragnell is "蒼炎の勇者の剣" (sōen no yūsha no ken), "Sword of the Hero of Blue Flames". As mentioned above, "蒼炎の勇者" (sōen no yūsha), "Hero of Blue Flames", is Ike's epithet from Radiant Dawn.

Great Aether is "覇克・天空" (hakoku: tenkū), "Supremacy: Aether". This has the same name as Ike's Engage Attack in Engage in both languages. It does not share its Japanese name with Ike's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros., which is "大天空" (dai-tenkū), "Great Aether".

Laguz Friend is "不動" (fudō), "Immovable" or "Steadfast". This has the same name as Ike's Engage Skill in Engage in both languages.

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's very obvious in retrospect, and honestly should have been obvious from the outset, that categorizing the two Tellius games as independent titles was a stupid decision. Why they merged Archanea but split Tellius is baffling. If you're going to go with strange decisions at least be consistent with them.

That's because it's actually possible to identify which of the two Tellius games most of the Tellius characters come from based on their appearance, which is something that cannot be said of the Akaneia games.

Also, Marth is the only character that makes sense as a source game icon for both Shadow Dragon and Mystery, so you'd just end up with 2 Marth icons anyways.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Emblem Ragnell is "蒼炎の勇者の剣" (sōen no yūsha no ken), "Sword of the Hero of Blue Flames".

That's interesting. Emblem Marth likewise had Hero King's Sword. It seems, for some strange reason, they don't want to actually call the Emblem Weapons by their own names, and the English translation has very quickly decided that's a bit silly and just ignored it.

16 minutes ago, Eyacorkett said:

I always found it really bizarre that FEH never added Radiant Dawn Ike in his unpromoted Hero design in the game, it's either PoR Ranger Ike or RD Vanguard Ike

With Emblem Ike now being in FEH and having his RD Hero design, I'm guessing normal Hero Ike will never be added lol

I'm okay with no Hero Ike. I didn't really feel a need for it, unlike Lord Ike, and now that we have Emblem!Hero!Ike, it's good enough for me.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And the usual translation notes:

That's because it's actually possible to identify which of the two Tellius games most of the Tellius characters come from based on their appearance, which is something that cannot be said of the Akaneia games.

Is it? The portraits are certainly identifiable different, but it's less because all the characters were redesigned and more because of the art style. Only certain characters like Sothe who visibly age up or specifically have got redesigns like Ike have real differences. The slightly different armour shape on characters like Astrid are less stark than the different in design between the Archanea games in their different remakes. But even if hypothetically all the characters were distinctly different enough, I still don't see that as a good reason to have two different category for the games. After all, the Three Houses cast has two different designs for their cast, so much so that they even have two CYL selections, yet that isn't considered enough of a reason to have an Academy Three Houses and War Three Houses category, or even a Three Hopes category which is even a different game.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, Marth is the only character that makes sense as a source game icon for both Shadow Dragon and Mystery, so you'd just end up with 2 Marth icons anyways.

Everyone else might ignore Kris but I still love our first real avatar.

Well. I'm glad I have some orbs stockpiled (though this is going to cut into what I have for the upcoming child banner.) I didn't expect Emblem Ike to arrive so soon! I may not care about...well, anyone else here...but I absolutely MUST summon him! =D

Edit: I skimmed people's comments. Yeah, I'd still really like to see Lord Ike's design somewhere (it's so good), and PoR get some more love in general. I GREATLY prefer it to RD myself (which I half pretend never happened just to preserve my sanity.)

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I found it a bit weird that this version of Ike is wielding Ragnell. I know he does as an Emblem (Begnion's Altena exhibit in their museum is never getting this sword back, I guess, especially since Priam eventually gets it) but he's mainly an axe unit in Engage. Or am I remembering that wrong?

Edit again: I forgot to mention this, but I love the voicing here! The art is really nice too! ^_^ (I wouldn't mind getting Embla so much, but I really hope I don't pull Elincia. I'm done as soon as I pull Ike, though.)

Edited by Mercakete

Slow ike? Noice.

I found it weird that our second Emblem is another male sword infantry, specially since it's been said here that Ike is an armoured unit (with a hammer, if I got it correctly) on Engage. Gotta admit that it bothers me a bit too that Ike is always sword infantry with Ragnell, with Hector it never bothered me that he's always armoured axe with Armads but with Ike the repetition does annoy a bit... At least Hector got an axe that is obviously Wolf Beil (but for some reason with a different name) on his kid alt but except for this, he could have some crazy verison of Armads in every single alt of his until the end of the game and I'd be ok. Not sure if that's cause I'm biased towards Armads (I mean... Look at my name) or if that's a feeling that more people share, cause I've never seen much complaint about Hector, while with Ike it happens a lot more. Guess it might be because we have more sword infantry lords than armoured axe, idk.

Anyway, I liked Ike's gimmick here a lot, I like it when a tank lets the foe attack some times before being able to counter (like B!Ike, Summer Ephraim), or when an unit gets something a bit bad in exchange for something good (like how Haar's prf took away his weakness against bows but gave him a weakness against blue tomes... Even though those were probably gonna kill him most of the times already, or how Julius' Loptous tome made him vulnerable to anti-dragon attacks).

Also, I'm particularly surprised he could survive that A!Reinhardt so well on the trailer. And I wish his Emblem effect was cooler, not that it's bad or that I wanted it to be super broken... Just more interesting, I'm not straight up disappointed but I guess Marth set the bar a bit high.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I think they regretted making PoR and RD count as separated titles but now it's too late for them to make it count as one. It should've been like Archanea from the beggining, don't both of them have a 3 year timeskip between the first and second game of the duology after all?

1 hour ago, Namero said:

What academic institution am I supposed to attend in order to get the PHD needed to to easily comprehend these ridiculous skill descriptions?! lmao They really need to delete SDS and SDR at this point, because there is no way in hell anybody could analyze all this crap and cross reference everything in under sixty seconds. The only way I could think of to give anybody even a chance to plan things would be to add a "simulation" button that lets you tap on two units (including ones that can't currently reach each other) and two spaces and be given a preview of what would happen if they fought there under current conditions.

That's one of the reasons for SD to be so toxic, you have no time to think so what people do to guarantee they can win is to put the most meta units they can and with the bigger amounts of text on their weapons and skills. Not that it wouldn't be toxic if we had more time but I heavilly suspect it would be notably less. At this point they should start listing what the weapons and skills do in bullet points... Well, they did give us the option to hide parts of the text on the current update but I suspect that this feature will be used to give even more effects on the weapons and not to make the texts easier to digest.

42 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For those who haven’t played Engage, “Laguz Friend” was the name of that skill there (in the English version) as well. It also had nothing to with Beast units in Engage since Engage has no Beast units.

Cipher did use Ike’s Lord design from Path of Radiance.

I'm actually a bit surprised that Engage has zero beasts, I feel like they'd add some on purpouse for feh's sake since there's not a lot of popular beasts left to add from the other games (so much that they even made Askr and Embla -who have been explicitly mentioned as being dragons on the first few years of the game- be beasts). I guess it's good they don't let the sucess from FEH be in the way of the writing of the new entries, I've seen people saying on Reddit that they got the impression that Engage has a shit-ton of lords because they wanted more options of Legendary/Ascended heroes for FEH but I'm glad that might not be true.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It seems, for some strange reason, they don't want to actually call the Emblem Weapons by their own names, and the English translation has very quickly decided that's a bit silly and just ignored it.

More likely the English localization realized they probably won't be able to make any of the rest of them fit. I assume "Hero-King Sword" is pretty close to the limit for skill name lengths.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Is it? The portraits are certainly identifiable different, but it's less because all the characters were redesigned and more because of the art style. Only certain characters like Sothe who visibly age up or specifically have got redesigns like Ike have real differences. The slightly different armour shape on characters like Astrid are less stark than the different in design between the Archanea games in their different remakes. But even if hypothetically all the characters were distinctly different enough, I still don't see that as a good reason to have two different category for the games. After all, the Three Houses cast has two different designs for their cast, so much so that they even have two CYL selections, yet that isn't considered enough of a reason to have an Academy Three Houses and War Three Houses category, or even a Three Hopes category which is even a different game.

Even when drawn in a completely different art style to either game, almost every Beorc character at the very least has a change in their outfit that makes it identifiable which game the design is from.

In contrast, while the Akaneia remakes made some larger changes compared to the original games, characters in Mystery Book 1 are generally not distinguishable from the same character in Mystery Book 2, and characters in Shadow Dragon are generally not distinguishable from the same character in New Mystery. Again, excluding differences in art style because the art style of the game has no bearing on the art style of the Heroes art.

Three Houses doesn't get two source entries because it isn't two games.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Everyone else might ignore Kris but I still love our first real avatar.

Never heard of them.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

More likely the English localization realized they probably won't be able to make any of the rest of them fit. I assume "Hero-King Sword" is pretty close to the limit for skill name lengths.

Even when drawn in a completely different art style to either game, almost every Beorc character at the very least has a change in their outfit that makes it identifiable which game the design is from.

In contrast, while the Akaneia remakes made some larger changes compared to the original games, characters in Mystery Book 1 are generally not distinguishable from the same character in Mystery Book 2, and characters in Shadow Dragon are generally not distinguishable from the same character in New Mystery. Again, excluding differences in art style because the art style of the game has no bearing on the art style of the Heroes art.

I would not say that this out fit

Haar%20norm.png

bears any more or less resemblemblance to these outfits

Portrait_haar_fe09.pngPortrait_haar_fe10.png

In fact, I'd go as far as to say they are all the same designs in different art style. From a narrative view point it seems he's meant to be wearing literally the same armour (especially in the case of the Black Knight). The only real difference is the wing like ridges on the armour added in Radiant Dawn, but Heroes isn't even consistent with that as the pauldrons themselves slant downwards more like in the Path of Radiance design. But we're splitting hairs at that stage, and like I said, Fodlan has much greater variance in its designs and isn't treated this way.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Three Houses doesn't get two source entries because it isn't two games.

Well if this was all one game then I want a refund

which-game-did-a-better-job-v0-2p6r76h02

Edited by Jotari

55 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I'm actually a bit surprised that Engage has zero beasts, I feel like they'd add some on purpouse for feh's sake since there's not a lot of popular beasts left to add from the other games (so much that they even made Askr and Embla -who have been explicitly mentioned as being dragons on the first few years of the game- be beasts). I guess it's good they don't let the sucess from FEH be in the way of the writing of the new entries, I've seen people saying on Reddit that they got the impression that Engage has a shit-ton of lords because they wanted more options of Legendary/Ascended heroes for FEH but I'm glad that might not be true.

After thinking on it, I suppose I was technically incorrect in saying Engage has no Beast units.

I should’ve specified that Engage has no playable Beast units since the DLC added an enemy-only Wolf class.

I think that maybe they decided to count all of the Archanea games as just one title because it had 4 games while Tellius was just 2? (or 5 for Archanea if we count BSFE, Plus that OVA if we count it too, anyway the point is that Archanea is featured in a way bigger number of material even if some are obscure and some are remakes, while Tellius has only it's 2 games and that's it) So it seemed like a good idea at first but then Feh moved a bit forward and they regretted it cause there was really no reason to keep PoR and RD separated, even if the designs are slightly different between the two games.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

After thinking on it, I suppose I was technically incorrect in saying Engage has no Beast units.

I should’ve specified that Engage has no playable Beast units since the DLC added an enemy-only Wolf class.

But they detransform into people (like Laguz) or are just regular wolves?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I would not say that this out fit

bears any more or less resemblemblance to these outfits

In fact, I'd go as far as to say they are all the same designs in different art style. From a narrative view point it seems he's meant to be wearing literally the same armour (especially in the case of the Black Knight). The only real difference is the wing like ridges on the armour added in Radiant Dawn, but Heroes isn't even consistent with that as the pauldrons themselves slant downwards more like in the Path of Radiance design. But we're splitting hairs at that stage, and like I said, Fodlan has much greater variance in its designs and isn't treated this way.

Haar was actually the character I was going to use as an example.

The scalloped pauldrons are clearly from Radiant Dawn.

Path of Radiance Haar's pauldrons are convex upward throughout. Radiant Dawn Haar's pauldrons are convex upward in the middle, but concave upward on both ends.

The fact that they slant downward in Heroes is inconsequential. Gravity exists, and clothing can shift when you move.

The Heroes art clearly matches one and clearly doesn't match the other. Your argument that it's just a difference in art style would hold more water if the Heroes art fell somewhere in between or was significantly different from both. Also, while the art styles of the in-game sprites are different, the art styles of the official arts are not, and the design elements match within their respective games.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well if this was all one game then I want a refund

One of those is not Three Houses, and its existence is irrelevant to my statement. The statement was specifically a response to you saying that Academy Arc and War Arc have different character designs and are split in CYL.

I don't know enough about what Three Hopes's relationship to Three Houses even is to make any sort of educated comment on it, but based on the fact that it's a spin-off game and that they clearly aren't intending to release a large number of units with it as their source, it makes enough sense to lump it in with Three Houses.

Especially when the two games have the exact same subtitle in Japanese, with the only difference being that one of them has Warriors in the main title (Fire Emblem: Fūkasetsugetsu and Fire Emblem Musō: Fūkasetsugetsu). Basically like Fates.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Haar was actually the character I was going to use as an example.

The scalloped pauldrons are clearly from Radiant Dawn.

Path of Radiance Haar's pauldrons are convex upward throughout. Radiant Dawn Haar's pauldrons are convex upward in the middle, but concave upward on both ends.

And that is less significant than Marth having a red gem broach or Hardin getting a complete redesign.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One of those is not Three Houses, and its existence is irrelevant to my statement. The statement was specifically a response to you saying that Academy Arc and War Arc have different character designs and are split in CYL.

I don't know enough about what Three Hopes's relationship to Three Houses even is to make any sort of educated comment on it, but based on the fact that it's a spin-off game and that they clearly aren't intending to release a large number of units with it as their source, it makes enough sense to lump it in with Three Houses.

Especially when the two games have the exact same subtitle in Japanese, with the only difference being that one of them has Warriors in the main title (Fire Emblem: Fūkasetsugetsu and Fire Emblem Musō: Fūkasetsugetsu). Basically like Fates.

Ah, yes, a spin off they don't intend to make many banners out of. Surely Heroes wouldn't put something like that as a category...

81KECtiGbtL._SL1500_.jpg

No matter what way you slice it, there is no immutable rule set in place here. It's inconsistent, and it's born out of them doing whatever felt right at the time.

Edited by Jotari

50 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

But they detransform into people (like Laguz) or are just regular wolves?

They’re just wolves, but I at least would still count them as Beast units.