Rule 63 Seasonal is possible

vkArmee.jpeg

All you doubters saying it can be done. Young Emmeryn is with me!

(Though the people saying it might be a bad idea might still be correct)

(Also for those without context, this is a sequel thread to this)

It's never happening. M!Emmeryn, I mean. You know that this would just be an excuse to make more female characters.

Joking aside, I don't know if IS would actually want to do this. They've been pretty good at sticking to what would reasonably be in character, even if the people in charge of FEH seem to be a bit unhinged regarding "MOAR WAIFUS N' FANSERVICE." It seems to me like main IS keeps them in check, mostly, being all "this far and no further." That said, such a relationship generally wears on the straightman, so it could be something that happens someday. I won't rule it out completely, but for now, it seems unlikely to me.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not opposed to genderbent characters as a concept, personally. I'm worried about how it would be handled in this case, and how the fandom would respond.

Edited by Mercakete

Somehow I feel that line would've better fit Robin instead. Anyway... yeah, please no.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Somehow I feel that line would've better fit Robin instead. Anyway... yeah, please no.

Well the context of the scene is young Male Robin and young Female Robin meeting for the first time. Wherein everyone comments on how odd that is and begin to speculate what other versions of themselves they could meet. So Robin wouldn't, or couldn't really say it because they're already doing that.

They won't. They had better not. I'm done if they do, and I'm not kidding. Men are already scarce in this game, the absolute very last thing it needs is "OH LOOK NOW HERE'S THE MEN WHO ISN'T A MAN ANYMORE MORE BOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!!!" No, nope.

I doubt it will ever happen. Realistically, male versions of female characters aren't going to go over well. And I don't just mean they won't do well financially, I mean they actually could turn out to be a net negative. So they'd have to do that for less popular characters only, meaning demote/freebie slots.

Female versions of male characters don't have the same issue (at least not to the same extent), but they still have to create a new design and can't rely much on the existing fanbase of the characters, which means they're basically creating brand new characters at this point.

So they can't use the popular women at all, and they can't rely on the fans of the popular men. It's a huge risk without a significant potential payout.

Watch it happen now that I've said all this.

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't see that ever happening.

My fear would be IS giving big boobs to male lords, just to sell them as Summer Heroes in swimsuits.

I mean we all know that the only male lords with big nattys would be like. Ike, Hector and Ryoma (if you count him).

3 hours ago, Florete said:

I doubt it will ever happen. Realistically, male versions of female characters aren't going to go over well. And I don't just mean they won't do well financially, I mean they actually could turn out to be a net negative. So they'd have to do that for less popular characters only, meaning demote/freebie slots.

Female versions of male characters don't have the same issue (at least not to the same extent), but they still have to create a new design and can't rely much on the existing fanbase of the characters, which means they're basically creating brand new characters at this point.

So they can't use the popular women at all, and they can't rely on the fans of the popular men. It's a huge risk without a significant potential payout.

Watch it happen now that I've said all this.

The rationality and logic the makers of Heroes operate is bizarre and frightening any attempt the ascertain the future will be met with a near divinely decreed 50% failure ratio. So, yeah, you can be completely right on everything you say and still be wrong.

1 hour ago, FRZNHeir said:

I mean we all know that the only male lords with big nattys would be like. Ike, Hector and Ryoma (if you count him).

Well we already have female Marth in the form of Lucina's disguise and she is indeed very flat chested. If "assets" are something transferable then I can only say that the world is not ready for the bulge that would be Male Camilla.

11 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

they could put in Lucius as a man

Maybe Forrest, too!

It'd be pretty neat, building off of Emmeryn, to see the whole Ylissean royal family swapped. More than anything else, to see how they translate Lissa's design to something more male-typical. And if F!Chrom gets to keep her bare bulging branded bicep... well, I won't be out complaining. Might confuse some players if they have to change the names around (i.e. "Lisso" and "Chromme", maybe?), admittedly.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe Forrest, too!

It'd be pretty neat, building off of Emmeryn, to see the whole Ylissean royal family swapped. More than anything else, to see how they translate Lissa's design to something more male-typical. And if F!Chrom gets to keep her bare bulging branded bicep... well, I won't be out complaining. Might confuse some players if they have to change the names around (i.e. "Lisso" and "Chromme", maybe?), admittedly.

Well...one of our gender optional characters in the series is Mark. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I've certainly never met a girl called Mark (Kris is also leaning on that a bit if we assume it's not a nickname of Kristina or Krissie or something). Hmm. So this can go in either direction, I suggest the Avatar of the next game have the default name of Sandra.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

(Kris is also leaning on that a bit if we assume it's not a nickname of Kristina or Krissie or something).

I think it's due to being written as Kris. It could've been instead rendered as Chris, which is indeed gender neutral. Thanks to Christine, Christina, and variations. As well as Christopher, Christian (which is also an actual name), etc.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's due to being written as Kris. It could've been instead rendered as Chris, which is indeed gender neutral. Thanks to Christine, Christina, and variations. As well as Christopher, Christian (which is also an actual name), etc.

Actually, I tend to think of "Kris" as more female-leaning than "Chris". Maybe because that's the default name for the generic female Pokémon trainer in Crystal?

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So this can go in either direction, I suggest the Avatar of the next game have the default name of Sandra.

I think "Sandy" could actually work. I've known both male and female Sandys (er, Sandies?).

As for "Mark", interestingly enough, that's also the name Morgan has in Awakening. "Morgan" would've been a great gender-neutral name for the tactician. Or maybe "Max", or "Matty".

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

the bulge that would be Male Camilla.

D O N G

A R M O R

T I M E

3 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Actually, I tend to think of "Kris" as more female-leaning than "Chris". Maybe because that's the default name for the generic female Pokémon trainer in Crystal?

You know, now I got reminded... why also she got her name written as Kris? I can kinda see it due to Kris>Cris>Crys>Crystal. But then it should've been fine as Chris since it'd sound the same anyway.

8 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

As for "Mark", interestingly enough, that's also the name Morgan has in Awakening. "Morgan" would've been a great gender-neutral name for the tactician. Or maybe "Max", or "Matty".

I wonder why they chose Mark. Either they didn't knew it wasn't neutral, or despite the choice they were indeed thinking on the Tactician being default Male.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well...one of our gender optional characters in the series is Mark. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I've certainly never met a girl called Mark (Kris is also leaning on that a bit if we assume it's not a nickname of Kristina or Krissie or something). Hmm. So this can go in either direction, I suggest the Avatar of the next game have the default name of Sandra.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, now I got reminded... why also she got her name written as Kris? I can kinda see it due to Kris>Cris>Crys>Crystal. But then it should've been fine as Chris since it'd sound the same anyway.

I wonder why they chose Mark. Either they didn't knew it wasn't neutral, or despite the choice they were indeed thinking on the Tactician being default Male.

Most likely Mark is just a product of the time. The expected audience was boys and they had no idea the default name might have any significance 20 years later.

On 4/9/2024 at 12:49 AM, Jotari said:

Well we already have female Marth in the form of Lucina's disguise and she is indeed very flat chested. If "assets" are something transferable then I can only say that the world is not ready for the bulge that would be Male Camilla.

This whole comment implies that Marth is NOT packing. 

16 minutes ago, FRZNHeir said:

This whole comment implies that Marth is NOT packing. 

Why do you think Caeda was so slow to marry him during the three year time skip between games?