New Heroes & Rearmed Lumera

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, getting repeats of those two is bizarre, but at least Lumera's art is simply incredible?

Anyway, I was cautiously hoping for F!Veyle and she's here. I'm surprised she wasn't the Rearmed but at least this means she's staying in the regular pool! ...as a colorless Hero. Boo. There's a small voice in my head telling me to get as many copies of her as possible but I'll just settle for one probably the one from the spark given my luck.

Anyway, FE7 got a massive boon with this banner too! Nergal made the wait worth it and Lloyd looks cool too, he finally beat the drug addict allegations!

P.S. I'm surprised LaD and Still Water 4 already got powercrept.

In fairness, Life and Death 4 released four and a half years ago, and was pretty unexciting by now.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The devotion IS has to Lumera is pretty strange. Her death scene is often brought up as a laughing stock, and that IS themselves decided to immediately kill off Lumera just to adhere to the dead parent trope imply they had neither much ambition nor affection for the character. 

And sure she's got big boobs but Lumera is hardly the only character who's got that going for her. 

It might actually not be the boobs and could be the dragon. Let me have a gander at the potential remaining dragons in the series. Since they're inexplicably still cucking Dragon Laguz, that one seasonal aside, the only likely dragons we haven't seen (not even in the context of Fallens) are...Yahn, Morva and Sombron. Yeah, we are definitely at the bottom of the barrel dragonwise. And even for alts of existing dragons would be repeats since they've put all their eggs in one basket and insisted on giving us nothing but dragons for Halloween several years running. So, yeah, they could be milking Lumera for all she's worth because they've exhausted most other dragons. With hindsight, I think GHB Lumera was probably not the best choice. She was a free unit anyway, so she wouldn't have pulled in much cash. Nelucce would have been the most appropriate boss from Engage's early game to get the GHB treatment. He has slightly more focus of the minor boss crew and being the first human boss with revival stones is kind of memorable role for the series. Unless they were hoping Lumera's boobs would sell copies of Engage. Well, at least, if it is some dragon bias, that puts Morva in good standing for fallen next year.

EDIT: Nel and Nil are slipping my mind there. They're also dragons we haven't seen yet, and which ever of them is also called Rafal is a good a candidate for a fallen as any other. So we might see him push out Morva next year.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

And dang, Lumera's voice acting is so good.

I may still pull a bit on this banner. Like, Lumera's voicing was amazing,

I'm going to second this. She went hard with that delivery on that line.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

All in all...I'm not actually all that excited about any of this, which is kind of disappointing since I LOVE fallen banners. For Engage representation, I would have preferred Hyacinth and/or Morrion so they could join their kids. Maybe next year there'll be a bit more variety.

Lumera is a curious choice in that regard, since she's basically an end game boss while Morion and Haycinth are mid game. You'd think Lumera would be saved for later and hyped up a bit. Get some distance from her Mythic version. But Heroes has rarely if ever tried to play the long game. And I'm sure she would sell more than Htacinth or Morrion.

Edited by Jotari

I actually quite like the approach of creating these alternate Tier 4 skills to existing skill trees. Way, way more player friendly in terms of inheritance than creating entirely new skill trees. They should have made things like Prime branch off Bond, Clash off Catch, Finish off Ideal, etc.

So... Fallen Lloyd is just a powercrept Sword Lumera? That's kinda lazy.

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Friendly reminder that Ursula has the same Japanese voice actress (Kaori Mizuhashi) as Eirika.

Eirika "got an alt" earlier this year with Duo Lyon, so they could have done the recording alongside it, or even when we got the Resplendent Ursula last year (considering an interview from Damien Haas, Saul's VA, that said "when I recorded Bridal Saul's voice lines, I also recorded OG Saul's voice lines"), but maybe the possibility of Resplendent Mage Eirika or even Emblem Eirika in a near future.

Nergal and crazy Lumera might actually be an interesting pair of buddies. They're both desperate to see their children even if Nergal doesn't fully know it.

Its also funny you can now have Roy's entire family on one banner. Duo Roy and Eliwood for father and son, Ninian for his mom, Nils his uncle and then grandpapa Nergal to top if off. 

Posted (edited)

I'm sure enough has been said about Lumera already getting a third version, so I'll skip that gripe.

Evil Veyle was expected. Morph Ursula feels like filler. Nergal was someone I thought would be a GHB, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Too bad though, the meta fought Azura and Azura won.

ELj0qbW.png

...Don't ask why I did this, I don't know myself. And yes, I'm aware that Phantom Res was useless in this case, I was testing Glacies against Lumera earlier and forgot to change to something better.

Memes aside, as is typical of Fallen units, they're actually quite spicy. My takeaways of learning how to fight them:

• Don't bother engaging with Evil Veyle's gimmick. Seriously, you're not winning that Res check, and removing her buddies to disable her gimmick is a whole other can of worms. Just thwack her with a melee. (Azura only got away with killing her through an AOE-Desperation triple-tap.)
  • Never let Morph Ursula initiate. Unless you've got Laguz Friend or Vantage ready, someone's going to explode and it probably won't be her.
  • Nergal can be safely dueled if he doesn't have enough individual buffs to insta-proc his Special. His stat buffs might take a chunk out of you, but a good tank can handle it easily.
  • Lumera's Scowl and mountains of damage reduction don't work very well against AOEs. Her base Res is also well within Ploy range, so a big Res unit can overcome her Scowl's Res check.
Edited by Some Jerk

Duma was a surprisingly clever buddy for Nergal. Strength is everything for both after all. And its always nice to see Ninian and Nils. 

I think evil Veyle and evil Lilith realizing they're not so different would hit a lot stronger if Lilith was an actual character rather than a My Castle gameplay mechanic. Then again there likely isn't another option for an evil dragon's kid. I think Julius might have been a good buddy for Veyle since they're both psychotic little brats under possession. 

I thought Rhea or Camilla was a lock for evil Lumera but its good to see Henriette. I like Henriette and she fits the mom theme. 

And I know Nergal has dementia but...what exactly is the use of kidnapping Anna? She's easily the least important of the bunch. Alfonse is the main character, Veronica has Embla powers and Sharena is everyone's best friend. Anna meanwhile is often just....there. 

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

Never let Morph Ursula initiate. Unless you've got a Vantage counterattack ready, someone's going to explode and it probably won't be her.

This sparkly girl thinks otherwise:

5yjkVQn.png

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This sparkly girl thinks otherwise:

Oh right, Laguz Friend. Knew I forgot something important. My post has been appended.

On 5/6/2024 at 11:32 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Dead-Wolf Blade is "命なき狼牙の剣" (inochi-naki rōga no ken), "Sword of the Lifeless Wolf Fangs". Still can't just be a sword. Compare with Linus's Dead-Fang Axe, which is "命なき狂牙の斧" (inochi-naki kyōga no ono), "Axe of the Lifeless Mad Fangs".

Added Lloyd's weapon to the translation notes.

And it just casually gives him something like +12 to all stats.

This banner was a bit stubborn, the free summoning tickets got me everything EXCEPT what I really wanted. It took a few more orbs than I'd have liked, but, luckily, I did manage to summon Nergal, and I got Ursula along the way when there were no green options, so mission successful.