(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins! - Post Game is up!

Iris

@Fire Emblem Fan You were pinged as an observer, in case you wanted to follow this game and see how mafia works, and if it's something you want to try out the next time we have a game.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Makaze's reads right now are Weird but I don't know if I think he's scummy for it. I don't really have a feel for how he plays so could be either town trying to force out content or scum trying to imitate how he thinks he'd do that as town. That said I'm fairly certain Boron's entrance into the game reads like standard RVS protocol which she would post regardless of her role PM.

If there's anything that strikes me as off about Makaze, it's the potential that hunting for a SK comes from scum who just saw a suspiciously low amount of buddies in their PM so SK is fresh on their mind. SK isn't really the first thing I'm thinking about as town in ED1 because I am not Percy. But different people have different mindsets early on so I'm not placing too much stock in it yet. It might be interesting if Makaze flips scum later, though.

For now I am content leaving my vote on Shinori for the continued refuge in audacity.

16 minutes ago, BBM said:

Unfortunately we're all boomers now

@WeaponsofMassConstruction do you remember anyone's meta to use it?

i think so, though i was more curious about how people would evaluate their own play

i have no idea how im going to play if im being honest

gut so far says town lean on mak/boron/rapier/bbm, all cause y'all feel like you're trying to make stuff happen, and then scum lean on prims, cause i get a more "look at me contribute" vibe

##Vote: @Prims

1 minute ago, Prims said:

I think Makaze's reads right now are Weird but I don't know if I think he's scummy for it. I don't really have a feel for how he plays so could be either town trying to force out content or scum trying to imitate how he thinks he'd do that as town. That said I'm fairly certain Boron's entrance into the game reads like standard RVS protocol which she would post regardless of her role PM.

If there's anything that strikes me as off about Makaze, it's the potential that hunting for a SK comes from scum who just saw a suspiciously low amount of buddies in their PM so SK is fresh on their mind. SK isn't really the first thing I'm thinking about as town in ED1 because I am not Percy. But different people have different mindsets early on so I'm not placing too much stock in it yet. It might be interesting if Makaze flips scum later, though.

For now I am content leaving my vote on Shinori for the continued refuge in audacity.

I'm noticing how Prims is judging things by policy and conventional arguments, but I remember them being someone who went off of feelings and who voted me early in past games.

Did something happen to change how you play the game?

5 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

i think so, though i was more curious about how people would evaluate their own play

gut so far says town lean on mak/boron/rapier/bbm, all cause y'all feel like you're trying to make stuff happen, and then scum lean on prims, cause i get a more "look at me contribute" vibe

I'm not feeling the weight behind this

9 minutes ago, Prims said:

Hi Rapier also.

hi!!

Alright, mission clear.

##Vote: @Makaze because honestly, none of the reasons he gave for Sunwoo being town, BBM being scum or me being independent were developed enough (I understand we're on page 4 and not much has happened, but at least give some justification for your feelings rather than going by "I just feel that way"). For example, Prims' aforementioned post was a good way of talking about how you feel about the game, despite the evidence being weak by necessity of early D1.

I feel that Makaze's actions so far are a way to show yourself having reads and being productive, since you're interacting with people, while actually not probing enough on people you find scum/hostile independent role. It's a false show of productiveness that benefits more scum than anyone trying to clear things up and spring discussion on D1, which is what I believe town should be doing.

I also feel that my vote is a way of raising the stakes on earlygame D1 discussion, so I feel correct on bidding double despite my read not being that good.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If someone could be so absolutely certain of someone's alignment based off a single post, that person would either be a far better player than me.

Makaze being so certain that I'm town based off two (or one) post(s) is really odd. I'd say it's scummy, but I have no idea what the scum intent of buddying up to me is.

This reads more as Makaze™ the person to me than Makaze™ the Scumlord. The confidence is something I read from offsite players a lot, and I'm not judging any intent there.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction That's exactly why I didn't respond LMAO

@Makaze My question to you is why are the people voting you (me, BBM) scummy? How has your read on Boron developed now based on her last post?

@WeaponsofMassConstruction Things are already happening and further things will happen as more of the playerlist checks into the thread so I don't feel the need to do anything special. Other than that I'm just posting thoughts to bounce them off people and get a feel for the game

Just now, Makaze said:

Did something happen to change how you play the game?

I have literally not played this game in like 4 years

Also, what do you think of Rapier now?

Prims just kinda reads as standard mid-2010s Prims to me right now. That is to say that he feels like he's trying to get something to happen and poking at anything that strikes him of interest. I'm reading it as more town-leaning, but it's not exclusive town!Prims behavior so it's not a strong read.

Shinori reads as messing around in semi-RVS before getting down to business, I wouldn't quite call it "refuge in audacity".

Just now, Refa said:

This reads more as Makaze™ the person to me than Makaze™ the Scumlord. The confidence is something I read from offsite players a lot, and I'm not judging any intent there.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction That's exactly why I didn't respond LMAO

@Makaze My question to you is why are the people voting you (me, BBM) scummy? How has your read on Boron developed now based on her last post?

There is a possibility of OMGUSing, but the way you guys have posted felt unnatural to me, and I don't need much more than that for a scum read

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

##Vote: @WeaponsofMassConstruction

What about it screams "Look at me contribute"  What's your opinion on me 'living in Audacity'?  If you are gonna go in on prims you have to have a read on what he's doing right?

actually what mak said really, it pinged me based off of what i remember from some scum prims games

i was also just rereading you cause i got a hard null on first scan, didn't particularly understand that phrase, and on reread it looks like you are trying to have fun more than anything, so really still null, though tbh i think i've always had trouble reading you

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Also, what do you think of Rapier now?

I'm assuming this was at me, and I'm inclined to think Rapier's case is not BS, but he should know me better from his last game with me, even if it has been... however many years

##Unvote

##Vote: @WeaponsofMassConstruction

Would like an explanation on what makes Makaze/BBM/Rapier/me look like we're "trying to make stuff happen" while Prims looks like "I'm trying to contribute".

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I'm assuming this was at me, and I'm inclined to think Rapier's case is not BS, but he should know me better from his last game with me, even if it has been... however many years

Rapier isn't the best at remembering things from past games, you know. No offense, Rapier.

Just now, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

would you say you are trying to make stuff happen?

Sure, but how is what I'm doing different from what Prims is doing to the point where Prims is scummy and I'm not?

7 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

actually what mak said really, it pinged me based off of what i remember from some scum prims games

i was also just rereading you cause i got a hard null on first scan, didn't particularly understand that phrase, and on reread it looks like you are trying to have fun more than anything, so really still null, though tbh i think i've always had trouble reading you

Are you kind of saying that Prims vote is just weak or has no reasoning? Because I mean it should it is RVS and it's just reaching for anything that could be a viable reasoning.

(It was at you Makaze, yeah)

You should reply to the Boron question. Also I don't care if your first page scumreads are based on vibes, but then your reply to Weapons confuses me there. Why are you not feeling the weight behind his claims (especially if you don't need more than that for a scumread)? What is differentiating your reads, because I am not reading them any differently ATM.

4 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I don't understand this reasoning at all, or what your vote tries to accomplish. You feel people who are trying to make stuff happen are town, and then you vote someone who's contributing to the discussion with his reads on those aforementioned people (even if it is, as Makaze said previously, conventional Mafia readings on how people tend to act in previous games and how people typically act on Mafia, which is ok evidence for early D1 imo). This vote also doesn't probe anything about Prims' reads.

Weapons would be my second pick for a vote.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Prims just kinda reads as standard mid-2010s Prims to me right now. That is to say that he feels like he's trying to get something to happen and poking at anything that strikes him of interest. I'm reading it as more town-leaning, but it's not exclusive town!Prims behavior so it's not a strong read.

Shinori reads as messing around in semi-RVS before getting down to business, I wouldn't quite call it "refuge in audacity".

For me Prims reads as a standard mafia player trying to get reads on RVS and usual Mafia behavior. Seems neutral to me, although explaining his feels a bit deeper seems to tip the scale more toward town imo.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Rapier isn't the best at remembering things from past games, you know. No offense, Rapier.

I haven't played in ages and I started playing Mafia at least a decade ago. So sorry!

Also if you find more quotes of me being a doofus, do send them. They help me reminisce about those good times.

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I honestly don't remember, so I'm acting on "what I expect Mafia players to do on D1 when they're town vs when they're scum", rather than judge what person X or Y usually does when they're town/scum. It has been some time since we've played, so I also expect people's games to have changed a little.

I also honestly don't buy your justification being "this is just how I play, don't you remember?", tbh

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Are you kind of saying that Prims vote is just weak or has no reasoning? Because I mean it should it is RVS and it's just reaching for anything that could be a viable reasoning.

you mean his vote on you? i didn't really notice it tbh

and honestly i do like prims's response to me but am not sure where to put my vote at present

Heya, I'm on. I've been reading the last four pages and I'm struggling to come up with reads right now, mostly because I keep seeing a lot of the arguments for why what someone does is NAI and keep telling myself that in my head. 

Just now, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

you mean his vote on you? i didn't really notice it tbh

honestly feels like weapons is just trying to grasp at straws/show they're contributing by posting, rather than probe prims for something wron-

uhh wait you actually LIKE Prims' response and yet you're voting him?

Yeah, I'm fine with my stance so far.