(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins! - Post Game is up!

Iris

4 minutes ago, Makaze said:

2 meanings: I am unable to read Weapons if my life depended on it, and I felt like his post came from a temperature read of the threads instead of a conviction from himself, so it feels flimsy.

Gun to your head, who would you eliminate first: BBM, Shinori, or Prims? Why?

you and rapier are right about this, actually. what do you think the town motive here could be for it?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

you and rapier are right about this, actually. what do you think the town motive here could be for it?

if I assume you did it intentionally, you could be baiting someone into voting based on the temperature you're creating, but that wouldn't change how heavy your reads were feeling

Just now, Makaze said:

2 meanings: I am unable to read Weapons if my life depended on it, and I felt like his post came from a temperature read of the threads instead of a conviction from himself, so it feels flimsy.

Gun to your head, who would you eliminate first: BBM, Shinori, or Prims? Why?

Hmmm, that's fair. 

Probably Shinori. I don't feel like he's really there? Like, I know he's here but I'm not registering a presence. BBM is not existing at all, which bothers me less (unless this continues). I'd still shoot him over Prims, who is at the coveted position of "higher than Neutral".

(I know you didn't ask for the next part, it's more for me)

Curious about Marth (bluedoom)'s response. Rapier reads as aggressive, and not in a scum motivated way. I don't have a read on Boron/Weapons. I liked Borons' initial reaction to the Makaze townread but nothing else has really pinged me. Weapons reminds me of you, but I can understand him more.

I'm not positive about Marth (Bluedoom)'s vote on Refa so far, because I at least expect him to ask Refa about those "questions without a conclusion", but he just didn't and left a vote there. imo it feels like when you leave a vote for the sake of voting, especially on D1 where we're searching for info and opinions, not bringing down gavels.

His reads on other people that are non-Town also seem either contradictory ("Boron could have done this because she's town, but also because she's scum") or vague (there's some meta reading that's not really alignment relevant - you can probe people while being scum and attack people more while being scum), but I'm not sure if this is due to early D1 or scum intent.

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

Probably Shinori. I don't feel like he's really there?

I am indeed video gaming but I'm here to post one-liners and interact in-between farming Echoes.

7 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't get your Prims read. You agree with what he said but you're bothered because he wrote three sentences? What makes this something Mafia!Prims does?

So mafia are incentivized to post more/bigger without saying much, and I think the post where Prims talks about his Makaze read fits the bill for that. Only reason I'm not voting him here is because I do agree that SK hunting is sketchy, so its not like he didn't have a point. But I think devoting a paragraph on why what someone did is sus only to arrive at the conclusion that its actually NAI feels off to me.

And in my defence I read the thread while on phone so posts look a lot bigger to me.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Weapons reminds me of you, but I can understand him more.

I have never been more offended by a mafia game

I gotta say this is where that recently viewing stuff comes in.  I saw Elie typing and unless he's already typing up a wall I gotta wonder where he went.

COME BACK ELIE.

Since BBM is away

##Vote: @Bluedoom

Refa is right there and you're even interacting with him, but you choose not to pursue him for his "questions without conclusion"? You could ask him where he wants to go with them and yet you just aren't.

As I said before, Bluedoom's post feels like a bunch of contradictory or vague stances on people, meta reads that could go either way as town or mafia (scum are also aggressive/probing people), and he leaves a vote on Refa and doesn't really bother to pursue the reason he finds Refa scummy even while interacting with him about other things (mostly justifying his reads). As he said, seems like too many words, like you want to show you have formed opinions & are doing something while... not really.

9 minutes ago, Makaze said:

if I assume you did it intentionally, you could be baiting someone into voting based on the temperature you're creating, but that wouldn't change how heavy your reads were feeling

i think used to do baits more, but it's simpler here, just to help move things out of rvs by not just being like, "idfk"

I'm gonna step away from my computer for about an hour or so, my eyes are getting really tired staring at the screen. Before I go, some thoughts:

Prims and Rapier are town-leaning for me. It's not a strong town read, but I feel like their posts have intent at least and are trying to get something out of it

No real objections to Shinori's play, but I'm not getting a town lean feeling from him so I'm reluctant to say I'm reading him as town. (That said, I couldn't tell you anything that makes him feel like scum either. Ugh ...) Makaze feels like Makaze, which means that some of his actions feel scummy (as mentioned earlier) but I also can't think of how it actually benefits him as scum.

BBM and Snike don't really exist, so I really have no thoughts on them. I kinda forgot they'd posted to begin with.

On Refa, I see him posting a lot but I can't actually remember anything he's said, which means he's not being memorable enough (how ironic). Marth doesn't impress me very much, I feel like his posts feel kinda safe. Weapons doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, and if he answered my last question towards him I didn't see it. Of the currently active players, I guess I'd feel the worst about these three.

4 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I am indeed video gaming but I'm here to post one-liners and interact in-between farming Echoes.

I strive to be like this

Honestly the fact that so many people seem to be jumping towards post reads on me and a couple people have stated I'm scum or would shoot me in a random batch of three is super interesting.

Like what have I actually done that has probable scum-intent?

Even if you think I'm doing nothing particularly why does that make me scum?  And if you think I'm doing nothing, out of curiosity how do those of you that are scum-reading me feel about my very brief 1-2 post interaction with weapons?

More on this @PrimsWhy is my RVS sillyness actually scummy now moving into page 6 and onwards and you seemingly have some potential other reads, why does my one brief post in RVS still stand as your worst offender?

Just now, Shinori said:

Honestly the fact that so many people seem to be jumping towards post reads on me and a couple people have stated I'm scum or would shoot me in a random batch of three is super interesting.

I posted the question and people followed me, but I do not have you as a scum read. You not caring or looking into why people are doing that or what that means about their alignment is interesting.

Of the people who have thrown your name around, which feels the worst to you, and which feels the most natural?

My town core at this time is something like

Sumwoo/Boron
Rapier

And I'd like some good reasons to add someone, if anyone can guide me with a stronger town read

6 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Honestly I'm using some pretty dank game state PoE logic for this Boron vote, but the gist of it is that out of all the contributors so far, I feel like her's is the most doable as scum.

Can you explain what "doable" means to you?

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Honestly I'm using some pretty dank game state PoE logic for this Boron vote, but the gist of it is that out of all the contributors so far, I feel like her's is the most doable as scum.

Why?

Also, just so I can confirm we're on the same page, you're talking about her complaint about buddying up, right? Or is it something else?

4 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Since BBM is away

##Vote: @Bluedoom

Refa is right there and you're even interacting with him, but you choose not to pursue him for his "questions without conclusion"? You could ask him where he wants to go with them and yet you just aren't.

As I said before, Bluedoom's post feels like a bunch of contradictory or vague stances on people, meta reads that could go either way as town or mafia (scum are also aggressive/probing people), and he leaves a vote on Refa and doesn't really bother to pursue the reason he finds Refa scummy even while interacting with him about other things (mostly justifying his reads). As he said, seems like too many words, like you want to show you have formed opinions & are doing something while... not really.

I don't need to question Refa if I think he's just having a background presence, like what am I supposed to say, "Hey yeah dude I noticed that you didn't go anywhere with your reads, explain" isn't getting me anywhere, just vote the guy and make him come up with stuff when there's a wagon on him. Do you disagree with my read on him?

I prefaced that in my first post saying that I wasn't going to have concrete reads because of how it was easy to argue a lot of behaviour patterns both ways, like I acknowledge that I've got reads that look contradictory but what do you expect in early D1? There's a reason I haven't voted any of those in favour of a Refa/BBM vote.

Just now, Shinori said:

Makaze gun to your head Boron, Rapier, Prims?

Prims?

Prims is not out of my PoE or even a town read

What made you choose those 3?

7 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I posted the question and people followed me, but I do not have you as a scum read. You not caring or looking into why people are doing that or what that means about their alignment is interesting.

Of the people who have thrown your name around, which feels the worst to you, and which feels the most natural?

@Shinori Feels like you're dodging me by turning it around on me