15. Karin
  16. Olwen
  17. Saias
  18. Sara
  19. Salem
  20. Perne
  21. Lifis
  22. Galzus

Lifis is seasonal-locked, which could explain the difference in counts.

Yes, I'm only counting base forms.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Cool, sure, whatever, give us Micaiah or Sothe, but not both unless one of them is going to be in the main pool. That was how I could forgive Caeda and Merric. You know what this banner should have been? Micaiah or Sothe (probably Micaiah), Edward, Leonardo, demote Laura, quest reward Nolan

If we're choosing between them I'd rather Sothe, as I've expressed above, I'm rather inundated my Mickey alts, while Whisper Sothe is nice (though for that particular class I like the Japanese name better, Spy). Be nicer if he had Baselard though.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, still annoyed about them shafting Nolan. FEH, can I give you some advice? If you hate male characters, especially older men, don't fucking make a gacha game based on FE. Which has historically been dominated with male characters because it's about war.

I think they just hate certain old male characters in particular. Otherwise, why would we have guys like Duessel, August, Gregor and Mycen as 5 star exclusives, each with a Prf weapon as well?

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think they just hate certain old male characters in particular. Otherwise, why would we have guys like Duessel, August, Gregor and Mycen as 5 star exclusives, each with a Prf weapon as well?

Hmm ... good point.

Mycen is an especially confusing case, considering that the rest of his banner were limited 5-star units. It would've made sense to make him a demote unit. But nope, he was a 5-star exclusive and got good skills and stats.

Weird.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Considering that they gave demote Lex his prf axe quite some time back, and demote Orochi a prf that never even existed in Fates, they could've totally given Leonardo his prf bow.

Lex doesn't have an exclusive weapon in Genealogy, either. The weapon being referenced by his Heroes weapon is just a Brave Axe in Genealogy.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, regardless of one's opinion on Ike, it's just weird how Ike gets shafted in alts compared to Micaiah. (Or even Ephraim and Hector.) Yes, I know he got an Emblem alt recently but that's an obligated and expected alt that Micaiah will also get one day. He's also far more boring as a unit, only ever being swords (with one axe) and infantry (with one armor). Even the fallen Ike is pretty boring, and I'd much rather have traded Fallen Ike for a fun seasonal or an Attuned/Ascended alt.

I'm someone who is an Ike fan and I rather dislike Micaiah as a character. I never really quite understood how she got a fan following, but that's just background information on my opinions on this topic to give people context for what I'm about to say next: yeah, it's weird, but only in some ways. Ike's a VERY popular character, placing high up in polls over the years in various games (PoR, Smash, Heroes, etc.) However, that only makes his relative absence a headscratcher, rather than the Micaiah side of things. She's always felt like a character IS wants people to like, and she's, well, a female lead character. As such, I understand why they keep throwing alts out for her. But, weirdly, both characters keep getting the same sorts of weapons and special (in Ike's case) or assist (in Micaiah's case.) The best explanation I can think of for this is that IS associates these with the characters, and feel like without them, they wouldn't have their definitive "roles" as units. (Kind of weird since Heroes gives random weird weapons out like candy on Halloween night. Also, for some units, this is literally their weapon and seasonal backdrop.)

All that said, I take the stance of "IS can do whatever they want, even if it means I don't get units/characters I want, or they publish characters/units I don't want" despite the comparative treatment of Ike and Micaiah. Not saying others can't take a different stance or anything - this is just what I do. Like, "eh. I'll just keep dreaming and if it never happens/keeps happening, it's not a big deal. I'll just wait and ignore."

All this just because I think you bring up a good and interesting point and I wanted to discuss it a little since I'm of a similar mind. It's worth noting, I think, and isn't something that's been given much attention, but is certainly an observable phenomenon.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

But, weirdly, both characters keep getting the same sorts of weapons and special (in Ike's case) or assist (in Micaiah's case.) The best explanation I can think of for this is that IS associates these with the characters, and feel like without them, they wouldn't have their definitive "roles" as units. (Kind of weird since Heroes gives random weird weapons out like candy on Halloween night. Also, for some units, this is literally their weapon and seasonal backdrop.)

This is something that's pretty common in games with large rosters of characters, especially if there are repeat versions of characters (or other ways to repeat specific visual themes). Associating all versions of a character with a specific mechanic is a way to provide a heuristic for players to quickly identify what it does. Essentially, this is the color system in Magic the Gathering at a much smaller scale, and you can also see this with the type system in Pokémon to some extent (Rock-types are usually physical attackers with high physical defense, pure Normal-types typically have a wide selection of coverage moves, all cats have access to Fake Out, etc.).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lex doesn't have an exclusive weapon in Genealogy, either. The weapon being referenced by his Heroes weapon is just a Brave Axe in Genealogy.

Eh, fair, although it's pretty much associated with him so it might as well be his prf. (Are there any other axe users in gen 1 anyway, excluding promoted Lachesis? I don't think so ...)

But all that really does is strengthen the argument that Leonardo should've gotten his prf on this banner. Demote Sothe got his when he was introduced, after all.

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

(Are there any other axe users in gen 1 anyway, excluding promoted Lachesis? I don't think so ...)

Promoted Arden, if you're really dedicated.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I'm someone who is an Ike fan and I rather dislike Micaiah as a character. I never really quite understood how she got a fan following, but that's just background information on my opinions on this topic to give people context for what I'm about to say next: yeah, it's weird, but only in some ways. Ike's a VERY popular character, placing high up in polls over the years in various games (PoR, Smash, Heroes, etc.) However, that only makes his relative absence a headscratcher, rather than the Micaiah side of things. She's always felt like a character IS wants people to like, and she's, well, a female lead character. As such, I understand why they keep throwing alts out for her. But, weirdly, both characters keep getting the same sorts of weapons and special (in Ike's case) or assist (in Micaiah's case.) The best explanation I can think of for this is that IS associates these with the characters, and feel like without them, they wouldn't have their definitive "roles" as units. (Kind of weird since Heroes gives random weird weapons out like candy on Halloween night. Also, for some units, this is literally their weapon and seasonal backdrop.)

All that said, I take the stance of "IS can do whatever they want, even if it means I don't get units/characters I want, or they publish characters/units I don't want" despite the comparative treatment of Ike and Micaiah. Not saying others can't take a different stance or anything - this is just what I do. Like, "eh. I'll just keep dreaming and if it never happens/keeps happening, it's not a big deal. I'll just wait and ignore."

All this just because I think you bring up a good and interesting point and I wanted to discuss it a little since I'm of a similar mind. It's worth noting, I think, and isn't something that's been given much attention, but is certainly an observable phenomenon.

There are different brands of popularity. Ike might do better in polls, but Micaiha might do better among actually purchases. While there will be overlap, not all the people who contribute to polls contribute financially.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Eh, fair, although it's pretty much associated with him so it might as well be his prf. (Are there any other axe users in gen 1 anyway, excluding promoted Lachesis? I don't think so ...)

To your credit, weapons in Genealogy are "almost exclusive" anyways since transferring them to a different character is an absolute pain in the ass. You need to sell the weapon to the shop and then buy it back with the other character, and money is kept in each individual character's inventory instead of pooled together.

And Lex is the only character that the Brave Axe is obtainable with in the first generation.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Demote Sothe got his when he was introduced, after all.

Peshkatz is also not an exclusive weapon. It's the S-rank dagger.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

But all that really does is strengthen the argument that Leonardo should've gotten his prf on this banner.

I mean, he definitely should have. He's literally holding the Lughnasadh as his weapon in his artwork.

EDIT: Completely unrelated, but I'm disproportionately annoyed that Sothe is yellow and Leonardo is green in the current Forging Bonds.

Edited by Ice Dragon

... My memory of Radiant Dawn is absolute shit right now, apparently.

I think I forgot Peshkatz isn't a prf weapon because I never bothered using Volke and Heather.

Heh. Looks like Nolan was added after all...as Edward's accessory in a "Missing Radiant Dawn Member - Have You Seen this Man?" poster sort of thing. XD

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... My memory of Radiant Dawn is absolute shit right now, apparently.

I think I forgot Peshkatz isn't a prf weapon because I never bothered using Volke and Heather.

It literally comes in Volke's inventory XD Though at least he does have two other knives so it's not like there's an association with him (though, it or Stiletto would have been better than whatever Fire Man's Hook is meant to be, yeah, yeah I know it's Fire Man's Darkblade in Japanese, but that's also not something in any of the games).

On 6/5/2024 at 11:26 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Eikthyrnir's epithet, "Quieting Strength", is "体の葬り手" (karada no hōmuri-te), "Silencing Hand of Physique". As before, "葬る" (hōmuru), which I'm translating as "to silence" due to context, more precisely means "to bury", both literally as in "to put something underground" and figuratively as in "to cover up" or "to hush".

Quieting Antler is "体の葬り手の角" (karada no hōmuri-te no tsuno), "Antlers of the Silencing Hand of Physique".

Added Eikthyrnir's epithet and weapon to the translation notes.

At least Leo can get his bow when his refine comes up in a few years.

I was sorta waiting for Hreaesvelg or Nidhoggr on the banner (just cause we got Heidr last year on june's NH banner) but It's good that they didn't make it since we got both a Rearmed and an Attuned (speaking of this, they shouldn't do 2 on every other banner, specially with no new hero as Quest Reward, and even more specially for titles that have such a huge amount of characters left to add like Archanea and RD). Anyway... A banner with 3 dudes and a woman is very notable (+ another dude in Jarod), and it's nice that the Dawn Brigade is here now.

- I got the biggest fright when I first looked and thought that Micaiah had gotten an Ascended even though lords are (theorically) not elegible for ascendants. Good that I was wrong.

- Sothe finally get his revenge for that shitty Thief alt! And his art is so siiiiiick! Also am I getting it wrong or his Special is essentially "If foe doesn't have DR, foe dies"? (Or rather, leaves you with 1 HP but if he can attack you again, you die no matter what).

- Edward is alright. The unconditional +8 DR (that can easily become 16) and minimum +8 true damge is pretty good.

I think Breath of Life 4 is the first skill that can counter insta damage, isn't it? It was about time to get something of the sort but... It looked better in paper, I immediately realized that it's not such a good idea on practice when I was trying to defeat the Deer dude and he kept healing himself at the start of every combat (it took a B!Marianne attacking him, then being refreshed by Plumeria to attack again and refresh Plumeria again, to refresh her to get a third action + B!Catria to give her brave effect and Tribe Muspell for the extra damage, both to help avoid entering more combats -and thus more obinoxious healing- to defeat him). I think it'd be better if the skill only activated once per turn/phase or only when insta damage was actually involved or at the VERY LEAST not grant it to allies just like that, or if they had released something else as counter to insta damage (like DR/negation for it through a skill or divine vein, or even something that made the insta damage be inflicted on the foe that causes it as punishment), but of course, by "better" I mean more balanced and less broken but that's obviously not what I$ wants, is it?

Double posting to be able to quote people

On 6/6/2024 at 3:40 PM, Jotari said:

Oh well, at least we finally have some of the Dawn Brigade in there. With that ticked off the list, I doubt we'll be seeing Arran, Luara and Nolan next. No, I recon the next Tellius banner will finally give us some base form Dragon Laguz. Probably starting with Ena on a Path of Radiance banner.

This banner also marks the moment Tellius creeps over the 50% playable cast number. The only games with less than 50% of their cast is Thracia and Engage.

They don't do PoR banners since 2021 though (at least NH banners, but I think that seasonals too) so I'm not sure if they will ever do one again. I wonder how that'd work if they wanted to release a character that only shows up in PoR (for example Largo, he doesn't show up at all in RD, does he?), like if then they'd do a PoR banner of if they'd release it under RD anyway.

Also, nice that Tellius reached that mark I hadn't noticed! 

On 6/6/2024 at 8:20 PM, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Also, regardless of one's opinion on Ike, it's just weird how Ike gets shafted in alts compared to Micaiah. (Or even Ephraim and Hector.) Yes, I know he got an Emblem alt recently but that's an obligated and expected alt that Micaiah will also get one day. He's also far more boring as a unit, only ever being swords (with one axe) and infantry (with one armor). Even the fallen Ike is pretty boring, and I'd much rather have traded Fallen Ike for a fun seasonal or an Attuned/Ascended alt.

I think he'll most likely get one attuned hero whenever Soren get his ascended (well or not cause they're two men, but still possible enough) and I suspect he might get a summer alt this year since they already did Micaiah and Elincia last year (or in 2022? I don't remember exactly when but doesn't matter), I can only root for him to be interesting in one of these cause yeah, he's probably the most boring lord/unit in the whole game in terms of variation of weapon/mov type/etc.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:39 AM, Tybrosion said:

̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶g̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶x̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶a̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ Seriously though, good question. Gilliam got a Prf and all too on that Rearmed Tana banner and they even made VANESSA the demote instead of him somehow (though in his case it could have been just because IS wanted to give him a prf around supporting flying units and maybe to release Vengeful Fighter 4 but as we already established on the thread, he could've gotten a prf even being the demote, and I'm sure there'd be no problem in waiting a bit to release Vengeful Fighter 4 on a later unit if they wanted).

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

- I got the biggest fright when I first looked and thought that Micaiah had gotten an Ascended even though lords are (theorically) not elegible for ascendants. Good that I was wrong.

Lords can be ascended units. Celica was in the first half dozen ascended units, and she's arguably more of a protagonist than Micaiah is.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Double posting to be able to quote people

They don't do PoR banners since 2021 though (at least NH banners, but I think that seasonals too) so I'm not sure if they will ever do one again. I wonder how that'd work if they wanted to release a character that only shows up in PoR (for example Largo, he doesn't show up at all in RD, does he?), like if then they'd do a PoR banner of if they'd release it under RD anyway.

I think that might genuinely be coincidence. It's not like we've had a massive number of Tellius banners in that time. And, I'm pretty sure, the Tellius kids banner last year (possibly the year before) categorized its units as Path of Radiance, despite young Ike and Mist literally showing up in Radiant Dawn.

Largo is in Radiant Dawn but as an NPC. He lost an arm between games (or more likely during Path of Radiance), so he's not a fighter anymore. Not that that would necessarily stop heroes. In addition to him, we also don't have Path of Radiance So the, who is probably distinct and important enough to have a separate PoR and RD forms. Rajaion (more likely as a fallen or legendary/Mythic), Bryce and Gromell are also potential Path of Radiance exclusives they might lean on, though there's no guarantee (in fact, the dearth of GHB units might be precisely why we've seen fewer Path of Radiance specific banners. I believe we got Bertram in the last one even though he was obviously designed to be on the fallen banner). Though there is still some (but not a whole lot) from playable characters. Tauroneo showing up as a GHB on a Por Ena and Nasir banner seems likely, despite his larger story presence in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Jotari

On 6/5/2024 at 11:26 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Null Spear is "見切り追撃の槍" (mikiri tsuigeki no yari), "Null Follow-Up Attack Lance". As usual, "見切り追撃" (mikiri tsuigeki) is an abbreviation of "見切り・追撃効果" (mikiri: tsuigeki kōka), "Nullification: Follow-Up Attack Effects", which is the name of the Null Follow-Up skill.

Added Jarod's weapon to the translation notes.

The sword can't be called a sword, so apparently the lance also can't be called a lance. Or something to that effect.

3 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I think it'd be better if the skill only activated once per turn/phase or only when insta damage was actually involved or at the VERY LEAST not grant it to allies just like that,

You can at least block half of it with Fatal Smoke, Incurable, etc.

So Edward's forging bonds is about him wanting to acquire a legendary weapon while he's......holding a legendary weapon right at that moment. FEH Edward still wields Calabolg which is one of Daein's famed weapons.