Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

Okay so Weapons is looking a bit better in how this was all just technical difficulties, legitimately I'm sorry about that.

I still think the Sun vote is a bit weird but I guess I can understand that line of reasoning with "don't target me or else" coming off a certain way. In all fairness, that's me being the pot calling the kettle.

Elie ehhh I'm definitely seeing people's points regarding the Eury debates but I also wanna hear from him first with how he's been busy and we already mislynched Bee for the same reasons.

I think everything else still stands.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Aster said:

Squinting the most at Cam and Weapons. Cam for the Sun thing

Why would I, as scum, deliberately go out of my way to call attention to myself by calling out someone unprovoked who has been stated as a townread by like half the game?

Okay it probably was safeguard then. My current PoE does really point to Elie. Feel better about Cam based off the recent interactions. Probably do need to reread DF for PoE reasons as well. I thought the Marth vote unvote was more likely town, but there's also probably better reasons to townread most everyone else.

There was a party at my slot last night wow. 3 visits! 

Anyway I don’t wanna lynch Cam or Sunwoo. Maybe Weapons too (depends on Eury interactions when I eventually reread the thread). Everyone else is fair game.

2 minutes ago, CT075 said:

Why would I, as scum, deliberately go out of my way to call attention to myself by calling out someone unprovoked who has been stated as a townread by like half the game?

I dunno, it just felt weird to vote for her to me, but after you explained things I definitely understand your point of view more and like you said you've since redacted your read after the role reveal.

fwiw Boron I do think that you are still better than functional vanilla -- if you're watcher-disabled-when-visited, this basically forces scum to keep someone on you, which limits the power of their roles (it also gets into some WIFOM between the two factions?)

This is getting into rolespec that I generally don't like entertaining, but for the sake of "I still think Boron's role is useful", I think that with two revealed supports, it's not unlikely that the unrevealed scum roles are probably interference or info, so knowing that at least one of them is on Boron hurts their ability to act dramatically

Yeah, like, at this point the best I can do in terms of my role is to be a distraction.

I just won't be able to give you guys any actual watcher reports.

@Bartozio When you get here please give us your top 2-3 town reads and who you think makes sense as Marth and Eury's scum buddies.

(mind if I go quiet for a bit, I need to take a bit of a nap and when I wake up I need to get started on practice artwork again so I can throw myself back into Art Fight)

Mod Votals - 3.1

Elieson (2): Sunwoo, CT075
Not Voting: Elieson, DefyingFates, Aster, Bartozio, JamieIsBored, WeaponsofMassConstruction

Day 3 will end in approximately 42 hours and 20 minutes, on July 23rd at 6PM EST. With 8 alive, it takes 3 to lynch at deadline and 5 to hammer.

There's no way this game can be as simple as "Bartozio and Elie are the remaining scum", right?

Really, I have about 3 people whom I'm pretty sure are town and two that I'm less confident on but suspect less. So that just leaves Bartozio and Elie for the time being.

It couldn't be that easy, right? ;/

On 7/19/2024 at 6:58 AM, CT075 said:

cleanup on some things that i really should have addressed before. I am currently (re)reading Bartozio and the cases thereon (and so I won't be saying much about that wagon in this post). I can't promise my full thoughts until I'm no longer in-transit but please feel free to beat me up if I forget again

hi this is me beating myself up. I'm not sure what to make of the things Bartozio has actually said, but here are some opinions about what other people said about Bartozio

- Boron states that Bartozio's level of detachment doesn't sit right, which is a valid line of reasoning but I'm not sure it's all that... actionable? communicable? to me. There's also some meta about how he was "more aggressive and participatory game than he was here". @Sunwoo are these still the main reasons you feel the way you do about the slot? Can you highlight some specific points where Bartozio seems to be detached in a non-town way?

- Eury's stated lynch prior was Fates > Bartozio (scroll to the bottom, this is a pretty massive wall). She actually had quite a lot to say about both slots. I know I've gone on record as believing that the slapfight between Elie/Eury was staged, but at a stage where at least Bartozio was a viable lynch (whereas I'm not sure how much support there would have been for lynching Elie or Fates D1) IMO it would be a ballsy play to risk having us suddenly decide to half-turbo Bartozio if it seemed like there was support. Although this doesn't rule out Bart being RAT i guess? multiball is hard idk

so I don't really know what to make of Bartozio's slot, it seems like he's trying

Current (crackpot?) theory is that one of Aster and Fates was Marth's partner, which would explain why he (Marth) was so demotivated at the end of D1 because I think even an experienced scum player would have had trouble redirecting that lynch, so a new player would have had no chance in hell.

For the same reasons as Bartozio, I think Fates is probably not BAT, else Eury wouldn't have risked the turbo on them (although maybe that one was a little less likely? I was only around for the last ~hour of the phase so I'm not sure what actual town sentiment was in the moment, but I see that Jaime wanted to lynch Fates instead).

oh yeah Weapons seems to be making a real effort to explain his reads. I wasn't a fan of the empty vote on me but once it was explained I can understand the logic (even though I disagree). This is getting a bit more meta-meta than I would have liked, but I suspect that scum!Weapons would have been able to coast on gut reads for a while longer, since

- if he's RAT, then as long as he himself isn't under fire then it's advantageous no matter who gets lynched

- if he's BAT, he'd probably want to prio lynching town over RAT (because if one faction empties out too early, the remaining faction could be too outnumbered to win), but Eury was probably never ever getting lynched period

@DefyingFates, @Aster can I get your thoughts on whether you think there's remaining scum on the end of D1 Bluedoom wagon, if so, who, and why?

for your records:

Bluedoom (6): WeaponsofMassConstruction, j00, Percivale, Eurykins, JamieIsBored, CT075

6 minutes ago, CT075 said:

Bluedoom (6): WeaponsofMassConstruction, j00, Percivale, Eurykins, JamieIsBored, CT075

Are you asking if we think any of those unknown three are scum? Presumably they'd be Blue unless RAT was playing extremely high dimensional chess.

@CT075 I actually looked through some games where Bartozio was town and one where he was scum and I now feel that his D1 was kind of uncharacteristic for either alignment.

To try to answer your question, in D1 he had to be prodded by Weapons and myself to give any detailed reads/thoughts on people. The one thing he initiated himself was asking Marth a question on his vote on Weapons (I think) but also stated he didn't think it was scummy, which felt like a load of nothing. The Shinori vote at the end of the day was also ew because it was not explained why he wanted to lynch Shinori, nor was his Marth town read ever anything more explained than "I like the reasoning" without elaborating why, from way early in the day.

Also, finding the time to troll Shinori by pretending to claim after Shinori explicitly said not to instead of explaining his reads wasn't at all endearing.

D2 I was originally okay that they posted more thoughts than D1. But reading through it now, it's basically answering mechanics-related questions, kinda waffling on Weapons after analyzing the Marth wagon, suspecting Jamie (is this still a thing, @Bartozio?) while still kinda being non-committal about it, and interaction with Fates, which ended up kind of not being very telling of anything at all. (It was a discussion on who you would NK as scum.)

I guess that's kind of my issue here, if that helps explain.

i should say "do you think there's another BAT member" since we don't know for sure that there's only two, but with the revealed roles i feel like it'd be pretty crazy to be more than 10/2/2

Whoof, just woke up, accidentally longer nap than normal because surprise headache, need to read these and think about it.

8 minutes ago, CT075 said:

i should say "do you think there's another BAT member" since we don't know for sure that there's only two, but with the revealed roles i feel like it'd be pretty crazy to be more than 10/2/2

I feel like we'd be in MYLO or LYLO if there were more than two people on each team. (Is *YLO announced?)

Actually, if there's more than one person from each team left, town might even be in auto-loss.