Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

i don't like this response at all. it isn't a proper OMGUS but it really feels like one and honestly feels like super lazy reasoning? like do you have opinions about the rest of my content, or just the one post where i swapped to boron (who, you know, was also townread by like half the game?)

i was down to swap to aster before but this response from elie is not helping

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popping in to say that Cam scum reads me basically every time we're in a game together, regardless of my own alignment (or his) so Cam suspecting me is just part of the norm.

I could also see a world where Cam, who doesn't know my role, thinks that me speculating about night roles is a waste of time and pretending to contribute.

(also i am nontrivially inebriated so if i say something dumb please ping me about it and i'll maybe clarify in the morning)

I strictly think that speculating about dead peoples' night actions is a complete waste of time and actually opens up more potential for empty contribution. I agree that, with Boron's actual claim, it makes sense to want to know, but at the time I disagree that it was actually a productive conversation for anyone.

21 minutes ago, CT075 said:

i don't like this response at all. it isn't a proper OMGUS but it really feels like one and honestly feels like super lazy reasoning? like do you have opinions about the rest of my content, or just the one post where i swapped to boron (who, you know, was also townread by like half the game?)

like the vote is literally "Eury's grammar here is kinda weird and note that Cam unvoted her kinda fast on D2". note that the times i voted for Eury vs voting for Boron were over an hour apart

(was not as productive today as I would've liked, both in the game and with art, am sad)

6 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Aster is where I was really surprised though. Eury pretty consistently has Fates as her main (or tied) scum lead throughout the game for passive play and not wanting to vote. However, at least imo, Aster played basically exactly the same way and she barely even mentions him. Heck, when Percy made a case against Aster, Eury even defended the passiveness to some degree:

I won't lie, this does make me look bad. At the same time, knowing Eury is scum, wouldn't making me look like town also make me more susceptible to getting killed during a night phase?

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Just popping in to say that Cam scum reads me basically every time we're in a game together, regardless of my own alignment (or his) so Cam suspecting me is just part of the norm.

Ohhh okay. Cam, I owe you an apology.

Also really hoping for a more in-depth response from Elie because still not hearing a proper defense, waffling a bit on Weapons but to be fair haven't been in the forum all day and need to reread interactions.

##Vote Extension

Hoping to get just a crumb more information 'cause last time we voted based on inactivity we not only mislynched but also a cop role at that and I really don't want that to happen again.

Okay, so, I'm burned out as fuck after reading the thread over and over and over again and I think I'm at my limit for the time being.

I want everyone to post their top two scum suspects (whose scum buddy you think they are is optional), and 1-2 alternatives should one of your main suspects flip town.

Aster and Elieson, you guys should consider claiming when we hit the ~36 hour mark. (I would say 24, but activity is so sporadic I think we should give ourselves more of a time cushion.) Alternatively, if you guys think it's worth to have a massclaim, since we could potentially be in *YLO if we're wrong and 2 townies die, we can vote on that too. I've already claimed, so I really don't care either way.

Cam's tentatively off my suspect list for now after his meta was better explained to me. I'd say I'm still squinting a lot at Weapons and am assuming at this point that they're Eury's scum buddy. Of course Elie isn't out of the question but I want to hear more from him in terms of defense, first.

As for whoever Marth's was, I think by default I'm picking Bart but I am seriously waffling on him all the time so that's with a grain of salt. Man's a mystery to me. Everyone else I have too many town reads for or I just don't have enough of a case to seriously accuse.

Weapons, I'm sorry, but going with my gut for now. ##Vote WeaponsOfMassConstruction

21 minutes ago, Aster said:

Cam's tentatively off my suspect list for now after his meta was better explained to me. I'd say I'm still squinting a lot at Weapons and am assuming at this point that they're Eury's scum buddy. Of course Elie isn't out of the question but I want to hear more from him in terms of defense, first.

As for whoever Marth's was, I think by default I'm picking Bart but I am seriously waffling on him all the time so that's with a grain of salt. Man's a mystery to me. Everyone else I have too many town reads for or I just don't have enough of a case to seriously accuse.

Weapons, I'm sorry, but going with my gut for now. ##Vote WeaponsOfMassConstruction

Are you actually Eury's buddy trying to pass suspicion off on me?

25 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Are you actually Eury's buddy trying to pass suspicion off on me?

Just been suspicious of you since D2 so just going with my gut until better evidence comes along, I'm sorry. I'm hoping I can redact this vote though.

13 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

@DefyingFates what kind of setups are you used to playing (like what roles do people have, are there a lot of vanillas, etc)?

I mentioned before that this is my first time playing forum mafia, but as far as I remember there are only a few vanillas. That said, in stuff like Town of Salem you're usually told what all the roles in play are ahead of time. Playing here has made me appreciate just how useful having that info ahead of time is.

Ive been stuck reading Eury's Page 16 Wallpost for nearly 8 hours and only slept for 4 hours. Building this bit in Notepad at work, because I had some notes about Fates that were mostly me townreading them as decent-effort town, and notes on Cam that largely lean on them not being an overwhelmingly town read, to pair with my gut and thoughts about scum association with Eury.

Cam,
I don't have much in the realm of positive/townread to say about you leading up to that vote flip off of Eury and onto Boron. In looking for association, there are no other players alive that I feel like have any weird association with Eury that stand out like, at all. 

Fates' [https://forums.serenesforest.net/topic/104685-vigilante-mafia-game-thread-day-3/?do=findComment&comment=6118589] post on Page 14 has a "I'm following instructions, guys!" mentality behind it, but it doesn't feel forced in the sense that anything said is a stretch. It's mostly just an attempt at putting together observations into thoughts and speculations, which is whatever. If anything, I'm townreading Fates moreso because it is NOT a stellar straw-grasping post. It's just kind of a one-liner on everyone, which is good enough.

Jamie is fine to be defensive here [https://forums.serenesforest.net/topic/104685-vigilante-mafia-game-thread-day-3/?do=findComment&comment=6118627] because Bartozio's callout on Jamie feels kinda, unwarranted/not substantial? It references essentially nothign that Jamie has actually said/done. Bart's response points out that Jamie is coasting, and I can actually kind of hop on this, but it just took some teeth getting pulled before anything came out of Bart to really enforce his position.

I don't really understand all of the callouts about Aster since they're sort of all over the place, but I think this is in part to me just having difficulty forming any solid thoughts on them at all and feeling unmemorable (lol coming from me I know right?) with their thoughts and thought progression. I can't remember any definitive action or stance Aster has taken in the game, which backs up a newbie sort of personality, but Eury and others have portrayed Aster in a positive light especially when directly comparing Aster to Fates, and it feels like Aster may have been given a pass for a bit of early game substance in a time that didn't really allow said substance to stand out in the long-term. I can't make heads nor tails of this slot.

11 hours ago, CT075 said:

Your D2 content? Most of it's just asking questions about why people are looking at you funny, until after Eury's third wallpost, and this isn't a substantially meaty post that would change my opinion. I'm comfortable keeping my vote here for the next bit while I read D3.

I AM SO TIRED OF SF GOBBLING MY POSTS WHEN I JUMP PAGES UGH

D3 Start; I'm over here feeling like a genius in speculating that someone from RAT townreading Eury had the incentive to shoot her, but Boron already said that so I'm not breaking any new ground.

I'm a hot point of discussion today, which is good. 

I now see where Cam's stance of me posting against him in an OMGUS way is coming from with reference to lynch priority

- Lynch priority is Elie > Boron (prior to claim) > Fates/Aster. With Eury's flip, I can absolutely see a big staged fight between Elie and Eury to make both seem more active (notice that Elie has vanished now that his big "look, i'm contributing!" partner is gone). I had an impression of Boron largely pushing the town around in circles nonproductively, but I'm not sure I could back that up if pushed for specifics. Fates is similarly non-productive, and by D3 the noob excuse is no longer really a shield. Aster is for a bit of a different reason; I like Percy's case on them and I can totally see a new scum player panic-shooting someone suspicions of them.

also please, i vanished before Eury was gone. How many walls came out from her before I'm kinda here again?

On 7/21/2024 at 8:38 PM, Aster said:

-Squinting the most at Cam and Weapons. Cam for the Sun thing and Weapons for sharing a lot of votes with Eury (which, to be fair, is also possibly just a consequence of wagoning) and also with what's going on with Jamie unless that's just a commenting error in which case genuinely my bad.

This is a point against weapons that I could mindlessly sheep, notably because i'm not really townreading Weapons as much as I am just acknowledging his activity and whatnot. This implies that I think that Weapons is Eury's scumbud, and thus that I don't think Cam is, which is actually a case against what's been done, vs what's been said, and I should put more stock into it.  

20 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

@Elieson What are your current reads and lynch priority?

The more I read, the more I think that Day 1 Marth (whom I hard-defended), didn't really talk about anyone. Bartozio makes a good point regarding the breakdown of Eury's second-to-last wall which is something I had to go back and re-read to agree on.

Furthering it;

Regarding the Bolded: I can understand the lack of commitment to the vote, in either not pressuring or sticking to case concerns. However, we've also had issues with people making votes with little to no casing, as well as other inactive slots that have yet to partake in much conversation/contribution to the scum hunting. DF is an example, along with recent issues with Grace's slot (Beeboy now?) as well, and there was the issue beforehand (confirmed by the host) regarding post limits that could have contributed to less activity as a result. (Side note: Quantity/less posts would not excuse having empty posts, but depending on how they play, this could have impacts. Some prefer multiple small posts, vs longer posts and that could easily disrupt their ability to play "normally" in the game, in any caliber/alignment.) 

Eury mentions this bit in response to Percivale in what's effectively a flat out defense of Aster. This too.

3. I was surprised by the Aster case posted by Percy, and I believe it has merit to consider. However, I do not believe it weighs more heavily than the former 2 in priority, due to the above issues. Also putting it slightly lower at this time to the one below, due to prior association with flipped scum AND town flip (Shinori).

I think, primarily because of how Eury's interactions were with people, I'd place my vote in this order:

Aster > Cam >> Weapons

I place my weight on what I think Eury said about Cam being an uncharacteristic slip very high, but I don't think I can look over her support of the Aster case on Percivale, sort of lining up with the possibility of Eury thinking that she + Aster pushing a townstance on Perci, and then shooting her in N2, it feels like a logical progression of thought, and makes me feel worse about my Cam read overall.

I also wouldn't vote for Sunwoo at all

I'm townreading Fates, and I don't really know what to think of Bartozio since I realized that during D3, my gut thoughts and such have been backed up by them saying what I'm thinking, before I get the chance to type it.

##Unvote @CT075

##Vote @Aster

10 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Aster and Elieson, you guys should consider claiming when we hit the ~36 hour mark. (I would say 24, but activity is so sporadic I think we should give ourselves more of a time cushion.) Alternatively, if you guys think it's worth to have a massclaim, since we could potentially be in *YLO if we're wrong and 2 townies die, we can vote on that too. I've already claimed, so I really don't care either way.

I really don't feel like me claiming is the play, but I'm not opposed to claiming. My role is 100% verifiable while I'm alive, is all I'll say.

12 hours ago, CT075 said:

like the vote is literally "Eury's grammar here is kinda weird and note that Cam unvoted her kinda fast on D2". note that the times i voted for Eury vs voting for Boron were over an hour apart

Back to this; "Over an hour" doesn't change that it's uninterrupted, and I don't really see how somebody posting with unusual/atypical grammar for no reason, is meaningless. 

I'll be honest, I need to get to Art Fight again and I see no point in trying to stop the wagon.

##Unvote: WeaponsOfMassConstruction

##Vote: Aster

My apologies if I come off as curt and please tell me if this is bad form in mafia, I just didn't realize how long this game would go on/how much commitment it'd take, how there was a fair bit of stuff I did need to do. This is just the best time to bow out.

And if I'm bowing out, it might as well be within a gameplay mechanic. XD

12 hours ago, Aster said:

(was not as productive today as I would've liked, both in the game and with art, am sad)

I won't lie, this does make me look bad. At the same time, knowing Eury is scum, wouldn't making me look like town also make me more susceptible to getting killed during a night phase?

I mean, one person defending you when someone else wants you lynched hardly makes you a popular night kill.

4 minutes ago, Aster said:

My apologies if I come off as curt and please tell me if this is bad form in mafia, I just didn't realize how long this game would go on/how much commitment it'd take, how there was a fair bit of stuff I did need to do. This is just the best time to bow out.

If you want to bow out, you usually ask the host to be subbed out. That would mean someone else joins the game and takes over your slot (similar to what happened with Grace).

I mean I don't wanna disrupt the game or anything, I'm very sorry if I did something unsporty.

Not to mention I don't think it'd be nice of me to pass the baton to someone else in this situation. I'll just take the vote if that's okay with you.