Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

19 minutes ago, CT075 said:

can you explain this? can't the vig and remaining maf just have shot different people?

Oh, lol, I derped.

I think having only one kill last night kinda fucked up my train of thought there XD

Also, Bartozio targeting Jamie feels kinda odd, because don't gravediggers usually only target dead people?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my understanding of gravekeeper was that they used someone else's role action? like idk if bart took the safeguard or something that makes sense to me

Unless BBM just does things differently (which admittedly is possible), don't gravediggers/amnesiacs target dead people?

Bartozio targeting the still alive Jamie just seems weird based on my understanding of how gravediggers work. I'd think targeting a living person as a backup role would just do nothing.

Wait, hold on, I think I get what you're saying. That Bartozio targeted Jamie with a skill he pilfered from a dead person.

I blame getting barely any sleep last night for not being able to focus.

1 hour ago, CT075 said:

I remember seeing this as N3 started and thinking that the game can't be that easy, but with Bartozio flip I kinda like this thinking. "Give a townie a gun" a hilarious scum role (maybe too swingy) if it's real.

idk it's not mylo, yolo

##vote: @Elieson

maybe in a regular game, but Multiball?

In that case, the item I gave Percy is not that kind of gravedig, but just a "get the full role pm from this dead person sort of thing"

Also upon looking at my role pm again I have come to realize that the safeguard I have left actually stops all actions, including nk. So hooray for that, except if I realized sooner I probably would've used it already (whoops)

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

In that case, the item I gave Percy is not that kind of gravedig, but just a "get the full role pm from this dead person sort of thing"

Also upon looking at my role pm again I have come to realize that the safeguard I have left actually stops all actions, including nk. So hooray for that, except if I realized sooner I probably would've used it already (whoops)

A safeguard that stops all actions including the kill is an omniguard.

Weapons-level reading skills

58 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

When you see this, please claim your role and your actions on N1, N2, and N3

I'm back! Sorry, I slept through all of this.

I'm a LoVE Ascetic, which makes me immune to non-lethal night actions. That may be why Aster couldn't act on me last night, but I didn't get a DM telling me anything so someone may have blocked them too.

Honestly, I think that role's a handicap for a townie since I don't have anything to do at night anyway, but that means I feel safer revealing it now so I guess that works out.

... Welp, this is not what I expected at all XD;

But yeah, ascetic does indeed block you from being targeted by all actions (there are some variants that block kills, but others that don't as well).

Aster did claim to target you on N1 and failed, which would line up. Which just makes what was claimed on N2 all the more confusing, tbh. If Bartozio targeted you on N2, that would explain why his action failed, although we have no way to confirm that now. But Aster claiming to block Percy N2 seems to contradict the fact that Cam and Weapons both targeted Jamie and failed, unless she lied about targeting Percy (although the why is confusing, even she thought admitting to target Percy looked bad on her).

I'm gonna the rest of you talk amongst yourselves, but I'm gonna go digging through the night actions to see if I missed anything stupid obvious.

Meh, I feel kinda bad about this, but assuming everyone's claimed truthfully, the only person from my POV who makes sense as Marth's scum buddy is Cam >_>

Marth's role was empowerer/motivator. This implies that his partner is an active role, since his own role is supportive. This lines up with Eury and Aster's flips, where Aster was an active role (hooker) and (assuming I actually understand what sneak is) Eury was a supportive role that should've hid Aster's tracks.

This should definitively eliminate Fates as Marth's scum buddy, unless he has an active component to his role.

Assuming that Jamie has nothing else to his role, restless spirit is a pretty pointless role for mafia. Also, he's probably the second protective role aside from j00 and lines up well with the rule that says "death may not be the end".

Elieson's role sounds, uh, kinda ridiculous for a game this size that already has two kills due to MULTI-BALL. Especially if scum don't forfeit their factional kill if they get hit with it. It's not the same case as in SFMM3, where the SK's normal kill was replaced by giving the ability to kill to someone of the player's choosing. At the very least, if this role were scum, I feel like we'd probably need more protection than just martyr and stump-maker for town.

Weapons claimed inventor, which is not an amazing role for scum. His role is also confirmed through Percy claiming to have received an item, and Percy was shot by blue team so it's not like scum!Weapons gave Percy an item and then shot him to cover it up.

Also, Cam's conditional BPV would kinda go hand-in-hand with Aster's flip, where she also had a BPV. Marth didn't have one and Eury didn't either. So I suppose it would balance out to have one scum on each team have NK immunity.

##Vote: @CT075

I'm sorry if you're town Cam, and I'm also sorry if you're scum. Because if you are scum, you had me completely fooled until I started rolespeccing and I wouldn't have been upset if I lost to you.

11 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

nah im not the neighbor

im inventor, gave percy a gravedig n1, jamie an announcer n2, and bart insomniac last night (gravedig and insomniac would've been usable the next night phase)

How exactly does inventor work, do you have a set of roles you can give to other people?

so weapons is the only person who's really pushed this so far, but Aster was a neighbor. Since nobody else has claimed it so far and nobody else had the word "neighbor" in their flip, I think it's safe to assume that the other neighbor was Marth's buddy -- this actually changes a lot about the game, and it means that Aster interactions in particular are probably a goldmine.

I am also of the opinion that there's no chance in hell that everyone's being truthful about their night actions (for one, the resolution of night 2 does not really make sense with what's been revealed so far).

I don't have a great argument against Boron's rolespec if everyone is telling the truth, but some thoughts FMPOV:

- Boron herself is probably 100% clear. If Boron were scum, there would have been two kills last night unless Elie lied about how the vig shot worked (and unless Elie had some galaxy brain reaction test, this doesn't make sense).

- Has anyone remaining alive actually confirmed that their action failed on Fates? Ascetic is kind of a ballsy fake (especially with two claimed info roles) so I'm not that inclined to disbelieve it, but it actually kind of makes sense if it was meant to pair with the sneak (yes, I know Eury was on the other team, more on this below)

- I don't think empowerer + inventor is actually that bad if the teammate stays alive (rip), or especially in a multiball setup (again, see below). It's a relatively easy fake (you can lie about what your inventions actually are, just keep one or two truthful ones to verify your role in endgame)

Don't forget that the scumteams had a line to each other -- it seems just like the kind of SF setup idea to have the scumteams synergize with each other to make them cooperate more than they might otherwise.

3 minutes ago, CT075 said:

- Has anyone remaining alive actually confirmed that their action failed on Fates? Ascetic is kind of a ballsy fake (especially with two claimed info roles) so I'm not that inclined to disbelieve it, but it actually kind of makes sense if it was meant to pair with the sneak (yes, I know Eury was on the other team, more on this below)

Aster said their action failed while they were alive yesterday if that counts? I would invite someone to test a non-lethal action on me tonight but at this point in the game every action counts, so... yeah. Do you have anything to say to Sunwoo voting for you?

5 minutes ago, CT075 said:

Don't forget that the scumteams had a line to each other -- it seems just like the kind of SF setup idea to have the scumteams synergize with each other to make them cooperate more than they might otherwise.

How is the bit in bold possible?

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Do you have anything to say to Sunwoo voting for you?

19 minutes ago, CT075 said:

I don't have a great argument against Boron's rolespec if everyone is telling the truth, but some thoughts FMPOV:

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

How is the bit in bold possible?

it's what neighbor (Aster's flip) means, it usually means that they and a specified other get a line of private communication (but usually aren't given more information other than "hey, this is your neighbor, you can talk to them in private"). I'm assuming that Aster's neighbor is RAT because if it were town someone would have claimed it by now