Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

I mean, I don't think tracker is a waste of a role for scum either. It helps you figure out which townies are active roles, what type of roles they might have (for example, if you catch someone visiting a player who's universally townread, they're probably a protective role) and it's not inherently suspicious in itself so that claiming it makes you look bad. (Hooker in itself doesn't look bad either, but your choice of targets can be incriminating.)

My priority after Cam is kinda muddled, tbh. I still think Elie's role is too swingy for scum and is probably last in my priorities. I do agree with should figure out who we're lynching today and who we should vig.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that on rolespec alone my role is the most likely to be scum, but obviously FMPOV that just means that someone is a lying liar.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction I think you should omniguard on your own judgment and not announce it. Likewise, I'm going to track on my own judgment and not announce whether I intend to idle, because I do still think it's possible I could track someone to the kill for -YLO.

I'm not sure what to think about the gunsmith; if we give it to anyone we give it to Boron but it's also a pretty big deal to have the watcher (remember that if scum doesn't know whether Boron is going to have her watch, they must devote an action to her or, you know, risk the watch going off).

7 minutes ago, CT075 said:

I agree that on rolespec alone my role is the most likely to be scum, but obviously FMPOV that just means that someone is a lying liar.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction I think you should omniguard on your own judgment and not announce it. Likewise, I'm going to track on my own judgment and not announce whether I intend to idle, because I do still think it's possible I could track someone to the kill for -YLO.

I'm not sure what to think about the gunsmith; if we give it to anyone we give it to Boron but it's also a pretty big deal to have the watcher (remember that if scum doesn't know whether Boron is going to have her watch, they must devote an action to her or, you know, risk the watch going off).

I was thinking about someone else getting the shot, but then who? Honestly I think it would be me, but not sure to what extent you all trust me. I can tell you right now I'd shoot between Fates and Jamie though.

really, I think that we should not try to engineer night actions publicly too much, because there's way too much uncertainty and nailing things down only only means that whoever's lying has more information to use to dodge it

like maybe there's some airtight sequence we can come up with that 100% ensures a win in -YLO given all the claimed roles, but all it takes is for one person to have an unclaimed part to their role and suddenly it all collapses

townies should act on their own judgment for what's best, and we can do this the old-fashioned way

for what it's worth, my priorities from old-fashioned scumhunting are Elie > Fates

I'm not sure what my ordering would be for the remaining three, I've thought Boron looked town for a while but at some point you have to wonder why she isn't dead as a claimed watcher + basically the most consistently townread person for like half the game + voice of reason.

2 minutes ago, CT075 said:

for what it's worth, my priorities from old-fashioned scumhunting are Elie > Fates

I'm not sure what my ordering would be for the remaining three, I've thought Boron looked town for a while but at some point you have to wonder why she isn't dead as a claimed watcher + basically the most consistently townread person for like half the game + voice of reason.

What are your thoughts on Jamie? Obviously Boron not dying could be related to him.

Hey man, I'm tired of thinking about mafia every night/early morning before I go to bed at like 4 am

Clearly scum thinks it's hilarious watching me be consistently wrong, which is probably why they haven't shot me yet. Because I'm wrong as fuck.

wouldn't it be really funny if there were no kills last night because vig and scumshot both went into the omniguard

5 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

What are your thoughts on Jamie? Obviously Boron not dying could be related to him.

So I had an impression of Jamie actually being pretty active in scumhunting but since you mentioned that all of his recent posts have been rolespec I'm second-guessing myself. Aster and Marth interactions look fine, etc.

Do you think scum is avoiding shooting Boron because they know that she's deathtalker?

Just now, CT075 said:

So I had an impression of Jamie actually being pretty active in scumhunting but since you mentioned that all of his recent posts have been rolespec I'm second-guessing myself. Aster and Marth interactions look fine, etc.

Do you think scum is avoiding shooting Boron because they know that she's deathtalker?

As in Jamie's lying about it and would be outed if she dies. Could be a pocket situation as well

So, just to run some numbers analysis here:

We're currently 5/1

Assuming the worst case scenario here and we lynch town, vig town, and have NK occur we'll be in 2/1 LYLO, right?

Of the players who are left, who do we for sure not want in LYLO?

3 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Honestly if Boron is scum she kind of deserves it lol

Honestly I feel like whoever's scum kinda deserves it at this point.

This is basically revival 2.0 where scum died so fast we can't find their buddy on interactions, except more annoying because multi-ball.

I'd say Jamie is the next best candidate for a gun after boron?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Of the players who are left, who do we for sure not want in LYLO?

Given the current state of things, Fates/Me/Cam probably

I'm in the situation where I think Fates is town, but I'm kinda nervous about them being in LYLO lol.

I also don't want to be in LYLO because that means I have to play more mafia but that's neither here nor there

Since Cam claimed conditional bulletproof I'm a bit wary of directing a vig shot at him. Although if we try to vig him tonight and fail it just puts us in a 3/1 MYLO, where you guys could just no lynch and force scum to remove someone.

12 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

As in Jamie's lying about it and would be outed if she dies. Could be a pocket situation as well

actually this is a good thought yeah I forgot about that

and yeah if Boron 5headed us she really deserves it

I thought the idea of boron dying would confirm Jamie as town, but I was sus of Jamie because Vampirizer sounded stupid/fakey. Reviver being a Stump-ifier, given the rules implying that "Death may not be the end", would be kind of mean as far as a rule inclusion (hey guys here's a rule that doesn't actually apply to anything in the game). This thought has me torn right down the middle nwo

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

but I'm kinda nervous about them being in LYLO lol.

And I only have myself to blame.

I'm not sure what to think of Weapons anymore, so I'm going to fall back on my Cam suspicions. This late in the game I don't think I should be sitting on the fence anymore so... sorry about this.

##Vote: @CT075