Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And I only have myself to blame.

It's not your fault, we're a bit of an overbearing group XD;

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

why am I in your top scumreads? Was I hardbussing Marth the entirety of D1?

POE tbh, Cam hasn't really done much for me to change in my town read of him, I still think Sunwoo is town and Elieson's role is pretty Town-Indicative imo.

Mod Votals - 4.2

CT075 (2): Sunwoo, DefyingFates
DefyingFates (2): JamieIsBored, WeaponsofMassConstruction

Elieson (1): CT075
Not Voting: Elieson

Day 4 will end in approximately 9 hours and 22 minutes, on July 26th at 6PM EST. With 6 alive, it takes 2 to lynch at deadline and 4 to hammer.

24 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

3 elims so 3 names, right? Let's list these out so we can get to consensus.

Cam/Fates > Weapons=Jamie

I almost hope Boron is scum and is pulling the most epic play of her life

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Cam/Fates

I feel like if Cam is scum, then it's more likely to throw a wrench into things by being alive through into tonight, and Fates is just as easy of a shot out tonight by way of my second gun but is more difficult to deal with by way of our two investigative roles given that Sunwoo's barely able to do anything with it. Weapons/Marth bickering being staged as scumbuds would surprise me somewhat.

If that happens, it leaves one of Me/Jamie/Weapons/Sunwoo alive tomorrow minus 1, which wouldn't really be ideal for a lynch, but we could always NL tomorrow if need be in that case. If the game makes it to tomorrow and Sunwoo 

@Bluedoom - V, RAT Empowerer Motivator - Lynched Day 1
@Eurykins - Light Yagami, BAT Sneak Thief - Killed Night 2
@Aster - Black Widow, BAT Multi-Hooker BPV Neighbour - Lynched Day 3

I really can't figure out any sort of synergy in what's left alive, for the final scum option. 

WeaponsofMassConstruction - Inventor
Sunwoo - Watcher
Elieson - Gunsmith
JamieIsBored - Reviver
DefyingFates - Aesthetic 
CT075 - Tracker

I ALSO JUST PUT TOGETHER THAT BORON IS ESSENTIALLY A WEAK WATCHER. LONG LIVE THE WEAK WATCHER! MY LEGACY LIVES ON FOREVER! Even if it's a fakeclaim, it fills my ego with joy knowing that it transcends time and game alike.

Admittedly, I'm kind of just realizing that I haven't even looked at anyone's earlygame association with Aster given that the neighbors would presumably know each other by name at least. My gut says I'll get nothing out of it but I'm gonna try to squeeze out a look before phase end.

On 7/16/2024 at 8:49 AM, Aster said:

@bluedoom

I'm still trying to get a read, myself. I'm on the side of not voting until I get a better sense of what's going on, Fates, Sunwoo, and Jaime seem pretty town so far, everyone else especially Shinori I'm still kinda figuring out but apparently this is how Shinori usually acts as town member from what past comments have said so probably safe, I can kinda see why people are a little bit suspicious of Bartorizo though but also at the start a lot of people were joke-voting each other it looked like in general so I'm not 100%. This is my first real mafia game so also in general trying to figure out how this works. XD

If Aster is as new as they say they are, I could see them wanting to put distance between them and a scumbud that they only know about via a neighbor association, rather than playing a soft defense for them, especially this early on. There wasn't much going on, but putting all three of Fates/Sunwoo/Jamie as townreads in basically their first post of the game, has me thinking that they wouldn't have said anything towards a scumbud at all. POE leaves Weapons/Cam/Myself from this thought alone. The concept itself of having a "theoretical" partner comes with the idea that you're not gonna want to stir up a ruckus when you don't know if they're an ally or not, and you aren't going to want to associate yourself hard with someone in that case either. Sure, Aster could've been speaking to his neighbor by now, but I'd still wager that because this was super early in the game, not much, if any, chat happened between the neighbors.

On 7/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

- I get new town pings from Aster and in retrospect I didn't really get them from DefyingFates. Not that I think they're scummy and I'm willing to give the new players a pass D1 anyway, but it's something that pinged me. @DefyingFates why the Percy vote?

Then again, if they were already beginning to buddy-up, then they'd want to be as innocuous about it as possible, and that post was more than 24 hours in, because I was already being ModProdded at the time (as was Marth), so one could consider that Aster may have tried to contact a neighbor that they knew to be scum, since Marth was AWOL. If I'm Marth's scumbuddy, then Aster and I would've engaged in OC by the time D1 ended and I would have theoretically known that Eury was Aster's scumbuddy. If that were the case, me pushing Aster's buddy wouldn't be beneficial to any of us, especially since Eury's wagon was gaining a little traction for a while.

The assertion of neighbors knowing that the other is factionally aligned puts a lot of reason into the game to coordinate behind the scenes, and cross-team buddying would make way more sense during early game when there's not much to really gain from a cross-team scumbud push. 

The assertion of neighbors not knowing that the other is factionally aligned makes me think that Aster + Neighbor just wouldn't talk about anything at all, and that Aster association is essentially meaningless unless Aster + Neighbor were feeling brazen enough to claim scum to each other, which is hella risky, especially for a newer player like Aster, who I doubt would've attempted something like that, meaning that Aster associations in D1-3 don't mean a thing.

I'd bet that the latter is the case, mostly because I don't think the definition of Neighbor can align with innately shared information, and I think Aster was too much of a nervous newbie to pull off a play, even if Eury pushed him behind the scenes to do so.

I love theorycrafting about what I would do or wouldn't do, but I know that it doesn't really mean anything, so you'll just all have to suffer with my ramblings.

1 more vote on Fates = Hammer 

@DefyingFates

If you've got more scumreads, more information, or more anything, you'd best share it within the next 2.5 hours (or sooner, since an earlier phase-ending hammer could come out before phase end).

1 hour ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

who are your second/third choices after Cam?

Honestly? You. You've been a lot more forthcoming today (compared to seeming pretty quiet on D2 and some of D3) which is why I echoed Sunwoo's Cam vote, but my second choice would be you and my third is most likely Elie for the back and forth with Eury on D2.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Elie for the back and forth with Eury on D2

I think you mean D1. We didn't have much of a Back n Forth on D2

I'm awake. Barely.

I guess my priority is Cam > Weapons > Jamie (because if Elie's role is scum ... WTF???)

That said ... Part of the reason why I'd prefer to lynch Cam over Fates is because Fates claimed his ascetic is not immune to kills. Meanwhile, we can't actually confirm whether Cam's claimed bulletproof is active or not. If I get the ability to shoot, I have no idea whether I'd shoot Cam because I don't feel like making a dumb gambit here and would rather just have flips.

Also, I've written at least two posts on why upon rolespec Cam's role makes sense with Marth's as a counter to Aster's empowerer while being countered by Eury's sneak.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Part of the reason why I'd prefer to lynch Cam over Fates is because Fates claimed his ascetic is not immune to kills. Meanwhile, we can't actually confirm whether Cam's claimed bulletproof is active or not.

What are/were your thoughts on Weapons' idea of today's lynch on Fates, and Weapons Omniguarding Cam so Cam can get a track off?

Mod Votals - 4.3

DefyingFates (3): JamieIsBored, WeaponsofMassConstruction, CT075 (L-1!)
CT075 (2):
 Sunwoo, DefyingFates

Not Voting: Elieson

Day 4 will end in approximately 1 hours and 7 minutes, on July 26th at 6PM EST. With 6 alive, it takes 2 to lynch at deadline and 4 to hammer.

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What are/were your thoughts on Weapons' idea of today's lynch on Fates, and Weapons Omniguarding Cam so Cam can get a track off?

I think it's bad, tbh.

On 7/14/2024 at 1:11 AM, BBM said:
  • The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. 1/3rd of the votes (rounded up) are required to lynch. 2/3rd of the votes (rounded down) hammers and ends phase early. If the leading vote-getter has less than 1/3rd of the votes, or if there is a tie for most votes, there will be a No Lynch. 

##Vote @CT075

This ties votes but I think as far as non-disruptable plans go, lynching Cam today and attempting a shot on Fates is more logical, specifically because of the BPV and Aesthetic claims respectively (so I'm parrotting Boron totally but it's also my own genius idea). If neither of them are scum, and scum pulls a shot off today, it'd probably be on Boron, leaving a pretty shitty situation on the table for tomorrow IMO.

I'm also just feeling like Fates' flailing is more townie than scum. I was wrong on my Marth feel but I was right on my Eury feel, and I don't feel confident enough in a vote anywhere else today. 

I'll be here until phase end and can flip to Fates just to break a tie, but I'd rather see a Cam lynch today over a Fates lynch today, in part for the mission and in part because I just don't think Fates is scum since Boron is scum and on her path to an epic solo victory in final LYLO.

Why does 'Announcer' have to exist in any form, especially the currently unverifiable form?Ugh. Such a waste of a role. What's it gonna do, say "I GOT A GUN" on the off chance that the same person gets one of my guns and the announce? scumhunting sucks. cardflip sucks. mafia sucks.

The Bart visit on me last night could have been Martyr, if so that would kinda implicate Cam.

Tracker could be a good fakeclaim because once you'd see that Bart died last night and Cam had actually targeted me.

I just saw Elieson tied the lynches, so in order to make sure there is a lynch today, I'm going to

##Vote: @CT075

I feel like by now, scum!Fates would have gone for Sunwoo, so I'm shooting here and hoping for the best (this is on the condition that we shoot Fates tonight if wrong).