Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

Just now, Shinori said:

BBM said he would have ruled it in a specific manner btw, but I was going crazy in spec chat when I saw that cam had 'slipped' and you had pointed out the slip in your night action post Boron.

Hm? What was the slip again?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Cam claimed to track Aster who claimed a failed action when targeting an ascetic.

Wow. I totally missed that. (Clearly I wasn't the only alive player who did though.)

Clearly we could've ended this game sooner if someone alive had noticed that.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow. I totally missed that. (Clearly I wasn't the only alive player who did though.)

Why is it a slip to target a person that your action fails on? That's like saying that if a Vig shoots someone and that someone is doc'd, the Vig would not show up on a track report as visiting anyone.

Edited by Elieson

16 minutes ago, Elieson said:

hurry up i want my postgame and i want it now

gg thank you for running the game BBM, and welcome to SF @JamieIsBored @DefyingFates and @Aster

I'm amazed I survived to be honest. Thank you so much!

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wish you had been too

That way, I wouldn't have had to carry most of town's activity by myself

Sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I was starting to think there might be a road where town lost if town didn't lynch Cam today.

Eh, if it wasn't Cam it would have been me and I wasn't contributing much, so... yeah.

7 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Sorry you had to be scum your first game Aster.

I kinda envy Aster to be honest. At least being scum gives you some information and incentive to be aggressive from the get go, compared to townies who have to be careful about who they're voting for.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

And again, sorry about that.

I should write up Eury walls of my own if I do this again, not just vague bullet points about comments that caught my eye.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I should write up Eury walls of my own if I do this again, not just vague bullet points about comments that caught my eye.

yes. please do. I welcome them with open arms!

Nah, you played well Fates. Congrats on surviving and thanks for playing! I hope you had fun, even if we can be a bit scary XD;

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Nah, you played well Fates. Congrats on surviving and thanks for playing! I hope you had fun, even if we can be a bit scary XD;

Thanks! This was fun, even if I feel like this right now:

maxresdefault_(16).jpg

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So, uh, why did scum never actually shoot me

To simply put: We assumed you/Percy would be very likely to be protected.

Your role claim D2 also was suspect, since you would not have claimed if it were not possible to harm townside in some fashion. I was personally paranoid that it was some sort of paranoid gunman that shot someone who visited them or something lol. So I was not certain if it would trigger if I attempted to stealth kill you.

Also I did not shoot anyone. Aster did n1 kill on J00 (seemed like a non-protected target) and Cam shot Shinori. My hands are clean.

SIDE QUESTION: WHY DID YOU SHOOT ME CAM? THE BETRAYAL. 😧 @CT075

10 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Why is it a slip to target a person that your action fails on? That's like saying that if a Vig shoots someone and that someone is doc'd, the Vig would not show up on a track report as visiting anyone.

The slip is that Aster targeted an ascetic.

To me, this means aster would have to have visited the ascetic to be blocked, so a track should have still seen aster visiting DF.

Cam claimed to track them and said that they went nowhere.

BBM said they would rule this differently though and said that the ascetic would just make the tracker not visit, but I would probably have lynched over this IF I had noticed it during the game.  I may not have noticed it because it's kind of small.

15 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Aster who claimed a failed action when targeting an ascetic.

I missed Cam's comment at the time, but I was tempted to claim my role when this happened. But considering being an ascetic makes it harder to prove my innocence and people were suspecting me anyway, I just went with the flow of the conversation about there being a blocker of some kind. Oops?

Just now, Shinori said:

The slip is that Aster targeted an ascetic.

To me, this means aster would have to have visited the ascetic to be blocked, so a track should have still seen aster visiting DF.

Cam claimed to track them and said that they went nowhere.

BBM said they would rule this differently though and said that the ascetic would just make the tracker not visit, but I would probably have lynched over this IF I had noticed it during the game.  I may not have noticed it because it's kind of small.

I'm still not sure I follow.

Aster claimed to target DF, which would result in a fail.

Cam claimed to track Ast

OOOOOOOOO OK i see it now

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I kinda envy Aster to be honest. At least being scum gives you some information and incentive to be aggressive from the get go, compared to townies who have to be careful about who they're voting for.

You don't NEED to be careful, at least until EoD.  Voting up until then should be just at anytone you kind of want questions from.  Some people use and see their vote differently.  The only reason you need to be careful of who you vote is because you don't want to Accidentally hammer someone or if you are like actively wanting to be careful of your voting history, which is not something most of SF really looks into honestly.

4 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

SIDE QUESTION: WHY DID YOU SHOOT ME CAM? THE BETRAYAL. 😧 @CT075

Actually this

@BBM How exactly did the Neighbors work? Did they know each other by name? Anonymous chat? Faction?

23 minutes ago, Elieson said:

oh yea i'm never doubting my reads on eury again. even if you all can't comprehend the genius that is my methods, they were more correct than incorrect, and that's all that counts. my ego is inflated!

TBF, this just reads to me as "Even if it sounds illogical, X = Y," like you were in a math class that you wrote jibberish for the work presented, but still got the right answer.
As the majority of teachers would state: If you cannot show the logical work behind the math, the solution doesn't matter/count as being correct. If no one can understand or follow the logic behind it, you cannot expect anyone to logically be willing to follow it, nor would it be considered more "correct" or not. 

Just now, Elieson said:

Actually this

@BBM How exactly did the Neighbors work? Did they know each other by name? Anonymous chat? Faction?

Why not just ask me, as Aster's buddy lol? (Or just Aster themselves).

They knew their alignments. They also had a CHAT with one another the entire game. Cam/Aster were connected as the ties between the 2 scum teams this game.

I'm working on a full postgame, if you want quick questions answered, everyone should now be able to view the Discord graveyard chat.

Imo Cam played very well but cross-shot the other scum team too early and then Bartozio who was a mislynch candidate. Then again things might have been different if Boron didn't vig the same target and town had been one player short today. 

Just now, Eurykins said:

TBF, this just reads to me as "Even if it sounds illogical, X = Y," like you were in a math class that you wrote jibberish for the work presented, but still got the right answer.
As the majority of teachers would state: If you cannot show the logical work behind the math, the solution doesn't matter/count as being correct. If no one can understand or follow the logic behind it, you cannot expect anyone to logically be willing to follow it, nor would it be considered more "correct" or not. 

YEA WELL

You slipped up with your grammar and style of speech when speaking about Cam in thread, which was hella sus

and

You knew Cam was scum all along, just that Cam was in the other faction, which was the information

so my logic was correct, just correct in a way that's like 1 + 2 = 3, vs the actual case of 3 - 1 = 2. Same results, different process. Sensible, but not as direct as you think it was!

5 minutes ago, Shinori said:

if you are like actively wanting to be careful of your voting history, which is not something most of SF really looks into honestly.

... people were bringing up my on/off vote for Marth until the last minute. O_o

3 minutes ago, BBM said:

I'm working on a full postgame, if you want quick questions answered, everyone should now be able to view the Discord graveyard chat.

Ooh, I'm looking forward to this, thank you!

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

so my logic was correct, just correct in a way that's like 1 + 2 = 3, vs the actual case of 3 - 1 = 2. Same results, different process.

This resonates with my daily life so painfully well.