Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Is there any player you think is scummy regardless of their stance on Marth? Assuming this game works like a normal multi-ball, where neither scum teams are aligned with each other, is there anyone you think can be scum who is not Marth's scum buddy?

One of the main reasons as for why I'm focusing on Marth's interactions is because nothing is jumping out too hard on other fronts for me.

Gun to my head, Jamie jumps out for not having too memorable reads while seemingly being pretty experienced and being around. Experienced I'm basing on how he talks about game mechanics btw. That's hardly a homerun scum read though, considering everyone struggles for reads and a lot of other communities seem to be a bit slower with getting the ball rolling from what I remember of other visitors in the past.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Six people voted for him, maybe some of them were the Blue mafia teaming up?

I don't think blue mafia would specifically team up to lynch a member of the red mafia, outside of just scum hunting them for real in the thread to make themselves seem more genuine.

It's also not impossible that any blue team people on Marth's wagon thought that he was an easy mislynch and were surprised that he flipped scum. But without more flips we can't say.

The safest assumption is that blue team's interactions with Marth are probably not too telling and you're better off looking at their other content to see if that is scummy or not.

14 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

@Sunwoo why don’t you want to vote Cam?

Why is Cam scum?

29 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Jamie jumps out for not having too memorable reads while seemingly being pretty experienced and being around.

I mean, the most "memorable" reads I've seen so far are meta reads so I unfortunately don't have that benefit. What about my reads aren't memorable? There aren't enough? They're too basic? Are there any reads of yours that are drastically different to mine?

Here's my list from earlier, with a couple changes:
Eurykins - Town Lean (Only paranoia of Elieson/Eurykins team is making me not townread this)
CT075 - Town Lean (They weren't very active before I made the post but I like what they're posting now. Pushback on Sunwoo's post felt towny to me). 

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

@WeaponsofMassConstruction @Sunwoo While you guys are busy with your mexican stand of, what are your thoughts on DF jumping on the Marth wagon, and then leaving right after?

Honestly? I just voted for him because everyone else seemed confident about voting for him, but when I looked back I couldn't see any reason why he was so suspicious so I took the vote back.

1 minute ago, JamieIsBored said:

I mean, the most "memorable" reads I've seen so far are meta reads so I unfortunately don't have that benefit. What about my reads aren't memorable? There aren't enough? They're too basic? Are there any reads of yours that are drastically different to mine?

Here's my list from earlier, with a couple changes:
Eurykins - Town Lean (Only paranoia of Elieson/Eurykins team is making me not townread this)
CT075 - Town Lean (They weren't very active before I made the post but I like what they're posting now. Pushback on Sunwoo's post felt towny to me). 

I mean, there were before I was proven massively wrong

My issue with your reads isn't that they're bad. It's that I feel like outside of the read post you made, you have mostly talked about game mechanics or echoed things already being said and that the thread to some extend agreed on.

i'm genuinely confused if i'm supposed to be defending myself from weapons or not because i still don't know what i'm defending myself about

do you want the full progression? current list is Boron (I did see that she claimed that the target spec is for role reasons, I have not yet processed the implications of that), Astel and "probably at least two people on the Marth wagon". I think by PoE that's probably Jamie and you? but i don't feel strongly about that last reason. I might have said j00 if she hadn't flipped.

1 minute ago, beeboat said:

In regards to this site what are the odds both kills were preformed by Mafia?  I'd assume near 0% but I just want to make sure.

The game is confirmed multi ball, so (to my knowledge) we are assuming both mafia factions have a night kill

Just now, Bartozio said:

The game is confirmed multi ball, so (to my knowledge) we are assuming both mafia factions have a night kill

oh my bad didn't notice.

19 minutes ago, CT075 said:

do you want the full progression? current list is Boron (I did see that she claimed that the target spec is for role reasons, I have not yet processed the implications of that), Astel and "probably at least two people on the Marth wagon". I think by PoE that's probably Jamie and you? but i don't feel strongly about that last reason. I might have said j00 if she hadn't flipped.

Yes full progression

the big other one is that I thought Eury was bad for:

- Pressuring a slot that basically did not exist for way too long

- The noncommittal OMGUS (see the post i linked earlier for this one)

Since then I have re-read all of Eury's content and I'm more willing to believe that it's real (in that Eury is doing a reasonable job at making posts that aren't super cheap pressure and/or arguments with Elie/me).

I did not really understand the Marth wagon, I voted mostly because I was in a rush and didn't think through what "someone unvotes to cause us to fall under minimum lynch threshold" actually entailed.

35 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It's that I feel like outside of the read post you made, you have mostly talked about game mechanics or echoed things already being said and that the thread to some extend agreed on.

Ah fair, I'm kinda awkward when I join new forums so bolded is something said about my early games on new sites I join (prolly doesn't help that my first couple forum mafia were all role-solvey). I disagree with italiced though, my Bluedoom read was made clear before most jumped on the wagon, I called the role out first (admittedly a more mechanical thing) and I don't particularly feel that I've really been parroting. 

24 minutes ago, CT075 said:

"probably at least two people on the Marth wagon". I think by PoE that's probably Jamie and you? but i don't feel strongly about that last reason. I might have said j00 if she hadn't flipped.

Is it just POE on me and Weapons? Or are there are other reasons?

29 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Does anyone have any serious objections to lynching the slot?

No objections, but seeing as they've just turned up I'd like to hear their thoughts on the game at least. 

Current thought process is still wanting to stick to my earlier reads list and going for one of Bartozio, Aster, DefyingFates or Beeboy today. Highly likely that one of them is the other RAT member. I feel like in multiball bussing is less common so votals kinda corroborate this too with all of these people not voting Bluedoom. 

Current theory is that it's more likely to be Aster/DefyingFates/Beeboy, this is mainly because of how unmotivated Bluedoom seemed while they were about to be lynched which could suggest more inactive partners that wouldn't be able to pull another wagon up.

I want to see Beeboy's thoughts and I'm not fond of the voting and unvoting of a known scum so ##Vote: @DefyingFates 

5 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

Is it just POE on me and Weapons? Or are there are other reasons?

yeah pretty much entirely POE

honestly I would POE myself if not yeah

8 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

I want to see Beeboy's thoughts and I'm not fond of the voting and unvoting of a known scum so

I'm sorry, wait, who is the known scum here? Is the DefyingFates read just off of wagon analysis? I agree that their content has not been spectacular but the same can be said for Astel, no?

Mod Votals 2.2

Bartozio (1): Sunwoo
Sunwoo (1): CT075
CT075 (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Aster (1): Percivale
DefyingFates (1): JamieIsBored

Not Voting: Aster, Elieson, Eurykins, DefyingFates, Beeboat, Bartozio

Phase ends in approximately 22 hours and 55 minutes, at 6PM EST on July 20th. With 11 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline and 6 to hammer.