Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

Just now, Bartozio said:

Who did you/Grace cop night 1?

It was a 1-shot ability, Grace left with me with a submission on j00, but I chose to not submit the action and save it instead.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I'll answer this, but I'll ask you first: Imagine you're part of the mafia and the choice rests entirely on you. Who would you shoot and what would you look for in a target?

Let's see.

If someone came out and said they had some sort of detective role, they'd be my top priority, but we don't even know if those exist in this game and no one would admit that unless they absolutely had to, so that's a non-starter. Other than that, I would look for whoever seemed to have the most insight into the other players, though obviously not if they were openly suspicious of me. In that case, Shinori was contributing a lot last round so I get why he was offed. With that mindset I'd probably aim for Eury for her wallposts, but she's also been suspicious of me so definitely not (or at least not now). For anyone suspecting me I guess the best game plan would be to get them lynched instead.

Is that the answer you were hoping for?

3 minutes ago, beeboat said:

Ok anyway, so I'm a cop variant called a friendly cop in which the person who I cop also receives my alignment.  

So you can convert another player to your faction (town/ scum)?

Well that's convenient ;/

bee, if not you then who should we lynch? Who do you suspect?

Not too enthusiastic about lynching a cop claim, but even less thrilled about the claimed results.

oh god what did I come back to

"I send my alignment to my target" sounds too weirdly specific to be a fake but the "yeah I almost sent it to a now dead slot but held it instead" isn't exactly the most confidence-inspiring n1 action

lmao nobody else even has votes on them and we have like 30 minutes

can we try to make this game an SF classic (tm) and turbo the doc

1 minute ago, beeboat said:

It was a 1-shot ability, Grace left with me with a submission on j00, but I chose to not submit the action and save it instead.

Wait, your whole ability is a (slighty nerfed) 1-shot cop?

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Let's see.

If someone came out and said they had some sort of detective role, they'd be my top priority, but we don't even know if those exist in this game and no one would admit that unless they absolutely had to, so that's a non-starter. Other than that, I would look for whoever seemed to have the most insight into the other players, though obviously not if they were openly suspicious of me. In that case, Shinori was contributing a lot last round so I get why he was offed. With that mindset I'd probably aim for Eury for her wallposts, but she's also been suspicious of me so definitely not (or at least not now). For anyone suspecting me I guess the best game plan would be to get them lynched instead.

Is that the answer you were hoping for?

The answer I was hoping for was any answer at all :P. You learn a lot more by thinking about something yourself first, instead of just listening to what other people say.

I agree that strong town roles are a priority, and an information role (I assume that's what you call a detective roll) is very much one of those. That wasn't really relevant N1 though. (About those not getting claimed, welp...)

My personal preference is people that are widely townread, since those are basically never getting misslynched and ending up with only yourself and people nobody suspects is a recipe for disaster. People with generally good reads aren't a bad target and something I'd consider if the townreading is something of a tie.

There isn't really a hard correct answer though, everyone has somewhat different opinions about it (hence the discussion between me and Eury).

Theoretically, if we have four people online we could swing it to someone else, but we don't have agreement on who that someone would be and even with the claim bee's slot is still not amazing.

I guess Grace wanting to target j00 is reasonable based on Grace's thoughts on j00 from last phase, but choosing to not submit the action at all is a questionable decision.

For a moment I considered sending your allignment might be more relevant as a scum role, so they could sort tell the other team to not shoot them, but then I realized it'd be way too much of a risk, lol.

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

So you can convert another player to your faction (town/ scum)?

For reference, I assume sending their alignment means telling them their alignment, basically.

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The answer I was hoping for was any answer at all :P. You learn a lot more by thinking about something yourself first, instead of just listening to what other people say.

Fair enough, and I admit this (and Eury's pointed questions earlier) did help kick my brain into something approximating proper awareness. I have trouble with that these days, so much appreciated!

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

For reference, I assume sending their alignment means telling them their alignment, basically.

But as you said, isn't that just a massive risk? At best you're a townie proving yourself to another, but any other possibility just dooms you to die either that night or by lynching the next day.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I guess Grace wanting to target j00 is reasonable based on Grace's thoughts on j00 from last phase, but choosing to not submit the action at all is a questionable decision.

And it's also suspicious (or just really bad timing) that the person Bee mentioned died N1. But if the ability really is only good for one use I can understand why they wouldn't use it right away too.

Okay, so, we have about 20 minutes and I think this lynch is going to happen regardless of how anyone actually feels about the claim.

bee, please posts some last thoughts on who you think is scum

Elie never actually came back, which really lowers my earlier town read on his slot. It's possible that he's Marth's scum buddy who was able to successfully pass his defense on Marth as a mistaken town read, but lost motivation to do anything. Either way, it does not look good on him.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

But as you said, isn't that just a massive risk? At best you're a townie proving yourself to another, but any other possibility just dooms you to die either that night or by lynching the next day.

it's kinda worthless as a scum ability, but as town it's fine to reveal yourself to scum because scum knew you were town anyway

in multiball i guess there's a chance that you reveal that you're not on the other faction, but that's doesn't really matter for town

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

bee, please posts some last thoughts on who you think is scum

I don't really have reads atm ngl, like some surface level thoughts along the lines of why even engage me when you can afk out the phase as mafia to avoid worrying about things.  

Some of the stuff I read err'd on the lines of like "this game is multiball and a lot of these perspectives could just come from either alignment as a result".  But those aren't reads and it wouldn't be particularly helpful either.   

I kinda regret joining cause I struggle a lot in multi-ball because it changes the game from who is or isn't scum hunting to very specific interactions regarding flipped partners and people who are survivalistic.    

But let's say I friendly copped someone n1,  I am now confirmed town who should thus play to stay alive and I have another individual in the game who I know shares my alignment who I also want to avoid seeing lynched.  It's just like not my forte ngl which is more on me for joining a multiball game then it is anything else lol.

I'm here if we want to turbo someone else, but I'm going to be on the record as saying that I think it's a bad idea (we have ~10 minutes)

Posted a bit earlier before I finished my thoughts.

There are some players I don't outright feel bad about, but I just don't have a solid read on them and would want to poke more.

Aster and DF, for obvious reasons I guess.

Weapons is always hard for me to read. I kinda chalk up his refusal to explain anything about Cam as fucking around, but it's not the most helpful and ... I actually can't really remember what his reads and shit are. I'll probably read up on him more over the night phase. Speaking of Cam, he's ... playing like Cam. Aside from leaving the country per his scum meta having sporadic activity and existing less than I'd like, I'm not interested in going after him anytime soon.

Jamie is kinda null for me.

Thanks for subbing in for Grace despite not liking multi-ball, @beeboat

3 minutes ago, CT075 said:

I'm here if we want to turbo someone else, but I'm going to be on the record as saying that I think it's a bad idea (we have ~10 minutes)

I don't think it's happening now lol, 3 minutes to go. Well, sorry if your claim is real beeboy.

Yeah, if we want a lynch we can't change course now. Let's try not to have this happen again on D3.

Mod Votals - End of Day 2

Beeboat (4): Sunwoo, WeaponsofMassConstruction, Eurykins, Percivale (Lynched!)
Sunwoo (1): CT075
WeaponsofMassConstruction (1): Aster
Aster(1): JamieIsBored

Not Voting: Elieson, DefyingFates, Beeboat, Bartozio

After another day phase locked in a tense gunfight, you vigilantes decided that Harry Dresden just wasn't weeby or mainstream enough for the rest of you.

image.jpeg.3bb3701911e312cb034c2116ea6ee32b.jpeg

Beeboat has been lynched! He was Harry Dresden, the LoVE Friendly Cop. Who brings a staff to a gunfight?

It is now Night 2! As a reminder, you cannot speak at night unless otherwise specified. Night 2 will end in approximately 24 hours.

• BBM changed the title to Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Night 2

I didn't want to move the needle in the middle of the phase, but just as a reminder, there is a 1-time 24-hour extension to a day phase available, if at least 1/3rd of the players vote for it.

All actions are in but I'm polishing off a fat frozen mango margarita so you guys have until I get home in ~an hour to change them if you want to.